August 2022 Moms
Options

MoMs Monday 1/31

bridgiebee82bridgiebee82 member
edited January 2022 in August 2022 Moms
Moms of Multiples, how are we doing this week? 

EDD/WeeksDays:
How many are you expecting? 
Fraternal/Identical:
Do you know the gender?
How do you feel?
Anything different about this pregnancy than you've noticed in previous pregnancies or from other threads?
Questions:
Advice: 
Self care for this week:
GTKY: What was your favorite book as a child and why?

Re: MoMs Monday 1/31

• Options
    bridgiebee82bridgiebee82 member
    edited January 2022
    EDD/WeeksDays: August 20/11 weeks 1 day
    How many are you expecting? 2 👶🏼👶🏼
    Fraternal/Identical: identical
    Do you know the gender? Not yet
    How do you feel? Just really tired and easily irritated.
    Anything different about this pregnancy than you've noticed in previous pregnancies or from other threads? Not really.
    Questions: Is it my hormones, or am I just extra irritable? Everything is annoying to me. Everything. 
    Advice: Take a couple of deep breaths
    Self care for this week: Prayer meeting with girlfriends tonight, probably going to take an Epsom salt bath later too.
    GTKY: What was your favorite book as a child and why? Harry the Dirty Dog. It's just a sweet story about a boy looking for his lost dog who wasn't really lost, just dirty.

• Options
    Pretty good! Exhausted and feeling blah but good!

EDD/WeeksDays: Aug. 30th/10 weeks

How many are you expecting? 4 babies!

Fraternal/Identical: fraternal 

Do you know the gender? Not yet

How do you feel? So nauseous and so so tired

Anything different about this pregnancy than you've noticed in previous pregnancies or from other threads? I'm so much more tired. I'm not sure if it's because I'm 32 and my other pregnancies I was in my mid 20s or if it's because I'm making quadruplets 🤣

Questions: 

Advice: listen to your body!

Self care for this week: my husband has Wednesday off so I plan on sleeping literally the entire day 

GTKY: What was your favorite book as a child and why? I loved Dr Seuss and trying to say all the rhymes and weird words as fast as I could without messing up haha
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    The hormones have been unreal! I feel like I have no patience for stupid things this week 🤣
    Solidarity sister! Hormones either make me feel like death or I'm RAGING, no in between this week 

• Options

EDD/WeeksDays: 12 weeks due Aug 17
    How many are you expecting? 2
    Fraternal/Identical: Identical
    Do you know the gender? Not yet!
    How do you feel? Hungry, headaches are starting 
    Anything different about this pregnancy than you've noticed in previous pregnancies or from other threads? First one. :)
    Questions:Anyone else advised to take a baby aspirin? My OB says because or increased risk of pre-eclampsia with multiples as well as occasional high BP. I monitor it at home and it's good 118/70 ish but high for my appts ( my HR is also doubled when I'm there)
    Advice:  Enjoy "me time" while you can!
    Self care for this week: after travel- I need to catch up on sleep!
    GTKY: What was your favorite book as a child and why? All of Dr. Seuss 
  • Options
    Hey Moms of Multiples, how we doing? I'm feeling super exhausted, like all the time. I know 1st trimester is exhausting, and growing people is hard work. I just feel like growing more than one person is excruciatingly painful and tiring. 
  • Options
    @bridgiebee82 I traveled and the way back took >24 hours to get to my home and I am so exhausted.  I've done that trip many times but this time felt so different.  
  • Options
    sarahdaley11sarahdaley11 member
    edited February 2022

EDD/WeeksDays: 10w2d, 8/31 
    How many are you expecting? Two
    Fraternal/Identical: not sure yet but the doctor thinks identical, will know more after my next ultrasound 
    Do you know the gender? Not yet but planning on finding out 
    How do you feel? Honestly this week I feel like crap. Nausea has set in, especially on my night shifts at the hospital, I’m still so exhausted and struggling to fit workouts in my routine, and I feel like my skin is terrible right now. All I want to do is sleep. 
    Anything different about this pregnancy than you've noticed in previous pregnancies or from other threads? This is my first pregnancy. 
    Questions: advice for the nausea? Fatigue? I know I should probably be looking into baby things and maternity clothes as I’m now starting to show a bit but I feel so unmotivated. 
    Self care for this week: I’m going to try to do at least one workout and then relax a bit and not stress about cleaning or other stuff. 
    GTKY: What was your favorite book as a child and why?
    I used to really like the Redwall series. Something about them appealed to me and my friends and I used to read them together in middle school. 
  • Options
    @kbtt2022 oh gosh, I can't imagine that trip.
    @sarahdaley11 if it makes you feel any better I haven't even started looking at maternity clothes yet. I'm just too overwhelmed with everything.
  • Options
    EDD/WeeksDays: August 9th/ 13w3d

How many are you expecting? 2

Fraternal/Identical: Fraternal

Do you know the gender? Both girls! 

How do you feel? Tired and nauseous 

Anything different about this pregnancy than you've noticed in previous pregnancies or from other threads? First one!

Questions: has anyone ate cold lunch meat? I gave in this week and now the anxiety is driving me crazy. 

Advice: don’t do something you are nervous about 😅

Self care for this week: rest and not googling listeria

GTKY: What was your favorite book as a child and why? I loved the Bernstein Bear series! We had almost all of them and I still have them for my kids. 
  • Options
    @kbtt2022 I also was put on baby aspirin. They just told me it can reduce the risk of pre-eclampsia by 50%. So I definitely would rather take it than not. 
  • Options
    Lurking*

@bezuidenhout_sarahe I’ve eaten cold cuts a few time this pregnancy already, and in my last pregnancy. My doctor told me that the risk of food borne illnesses is higher in thinks like ice cream and bagged salad, which we are never told to avoid (and don’t have to!). She says the bigger issue is the nitrates because we don’t know how they affect the fetus(s). Basically it’s fine in moderation.
     All of that to say, don’t stress about it!
  • Options
    @bezuidenhout_sarahe I buy organic turkey (no nitrates) and have had several turkey sandwiches! It's one if the only types of meat I care to eat right now.  My OB approved and said the risk is very low and higher with cantaloupe so not to stress 🤷‍♀️
  • Options
    Also lurking and just here to say that my OB also said cold cuts from a reputable source (not even sure what that means, lol) are totally fine. If it makes you feel any better I ate sushi last weekend.
  • Options
    Thank you all! I do feel much better about it and will try not to dwell on it anymore!