October 2022 Moms

Farewell & best of luck (TW: MC)

Dear October friends,

I was looking forward to getting to know everyone better, but sadly I'm leaving the board today after...

[TW: miscarriage]

...receiving confirmation from my OB's office that my HCG levels are dropping and I'm having a miscarriage.

It's really early: 4w4d. I haven't started bleeding yet. The first clue was that the lines on my HPTs were getting lighter day by day. My PCP had only ordered one blood draw for confirmation (taken on Monday, HCG 28.1), so I called my OB nurse and asked for a second blood draw (taken two days later on Weds, HCG dropped to 12.8).

This is my second miscarriage. The previous one was in November 2019, a MMC with a D&C at 9 weeks. I gave birth to our daughter a year later (November 2020).

I'm sad but a little numb...I did some crying and angry dancing earlier, and them took DD out into the "snow" (ice and sleet accumulation). I'm nervous about the physical part of a MC, since my first went almost straight to surgery, so I don't know what to expect. I'm also feeling grateful (but weird about it!) that we learned about this loss more quickly than the first. We've only had a week to dream and hope about our little October baby before having to say loving goodbyes.

My very best wishes to all of you and your darling poppy seeds!

<3
Katie

Re: Farewell &amp; best of luck (TW: MC)

• @katepercy I am so sorry for your loss. 
    Me: 34  DH: 34
    Married 10/28/17
    Our TTC Journey
    TTC #1 February '18
    Team Green turned Team Blue 10/15/18

TTC #2 January '21
    BFP June '21
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C July '21
    Jan '22 - started IF testing
    BFP Jan '22
    MMC/Blighted Ovum that led to D&C Feb '22
    BFP May '22

• @katepercy
    I'm sorry for your loss.
  • Loading the player...
  • @katepercy I'm so sorry for your loss  :'(. Wishing you and your family the best on this journey.
  • @katepercy I’m so sorry for your loss. As far as physical part, I went through it in December and can offer my experience if it helps:

TW

I got HCG draws in week 5 because I wasn’t seeing any progress on HPTs other than a faint line in a week’s worth of tests. My first draw was low 30s and the 2nd was only slightly higher. I found out on Friday and was very worried about when the MC would start. On Saturday, the bleeding started and was very heavy with a lot of cramping and clots. I took Advil for the cramping.  That lasted 2 days, then it got more period-like. As early as both you and I were, it’s not as physically traumatic a MC process, but it’s so important to be gentle with yourself, as the emotional toll is no less difficult. Again, I’m so sorry you’re going through this. 

• So sorry. I hope your angry dancing turns into gentle hopeful dancing before too long