Weekly Check in - Week of 1/31

Est. Due Date / Weeks + Days:

FTM/STM/TTM+:

Upcoming Appointments:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: 

GTKY: Who is your celebrity yard pass/mancrush/girlcrush? 😍

Re: Weekly Check in - Week of 1/31

• Est. Due Date / Weeks + Days:
    23+1 May 29
    FTM/STM/TTM+:
    Behbeh #3 💗
    Upcoming Appointments:
    Today!!! Can’t wait!!
    How are you feeling?:
    The BEST I’ve felt since the beginning! Always hungry currently!
    Rants/Raves: 
    I hate this house hunting/building/figuring it out rollercoaster. 
    I have recently gotten a few positive comments on my “cute bump” and that I’m “glowing” and it feels really nice.
    My yard pass is Ian Somerhalder or Henry Cavill. 😜😜 Man crush is currently probably Joey Burrow(I’m a huge football fan). 🐅 Girl crush has always been Reese Witherspoon and Blake Lively. 💗

• @MrsLaLaBug end game with house though! That’s what kept me motivated during our way too long search 

Est. Due Date / Weeks + Days:
    27w1d
    is this  week or next the start of 3rd trimester??

FTM/STM/TTM+:
    stm

Upcoming Appointments:
    this week - 3hr glucose test😭

How are you feeling?:
    Really good! Sleeping, eating and energy wise. Need to keep this wave going! 

Rants/Raves: 
    I hate the cold weather. I also hate that i have to sit in a lab lobby for 3 hours this week for the glucose test. 

Questions: n/a

ohhh gosh! Ryan Reynolds! 

• Loading the player...
  • @MrsLaLaBug wait do you all know what you’re doing yet in terms of buying vs building? I’ve never gone the build route but man the house hunting process is so stressful, especially right now. 

@And846 ugh the dreaded 3 hour. Hope it goes ok! I guess they don’t let you leave? So annoying. 

Est. Due Date / Weeks + Days: 5/19, 24+4

FTM/STM/TTM+: STM

Upcoming Appointments: bonus AS on Wednesday! 

How are you feeling?: tired as always, but otherwise fine! Pregnancy wise it’s getting a bit hard to move around, especially in things like squats at the gym. I don’t remember feeling uncomfortable at this point last time, but I also started this pregnancy 20# heavier and with DR so who knows 

Rants/Raves: I’ve been really over DH lately and it’s scaring me a bit, especially thinking about all I feel like I do around the house and with DD now, and adding another kid. So I need to figure that all out. In good news, the dresser I ordered will be here tomorrow and the nursery chair I ordered should be too, which is a few weeks earlier than expected!

Questions: other than things like new bottle nipples…is there anything super important I should get for the second kid? Mainly wondering because I’m going to a kid’s consignment sale on Wednesday after my AS. I plan to look for a double stroller but that’s about it right now. As a follow up question…what do kids like/need around 2 years old? 

GTKY: Who is your celebrity yard pass/mancrush/girlcrush? 😍 no idea on yard pass, but my man / girl crush are Ryan Reynolds and Blake Lively. I love them. 
  • MrsLaLaBugMrsLaLaBug member
    edited January 2022
    @And846 omggg!! Now you need to start a 3rd tri gif party thread!!!!!!
    @b_1029 we had a contract on a piece of land to build but are in a holding pattern with the builder. Still been looking at active listings this whole time - actually going to see another 2 today! 🤪
    Amd to answer your question when my kids were two they basically loved anything that lit up, made noise, or that they could throw. 😂😂😂😂

• @b_1029 if it went in their mouth, probably should get a new one (teethers, nipples, pacis, etc). We're getting new monitor/sound machine for DDs new room. As far as what kids like...man I can't remember 🤣 I think we got DD trains/magna tiles that year, and anything Frozen. And dress up stuff. 

@and846 good luck with your glucose screen! Also I think it's 28 wks for 3rd tri

@MrsLaLaBug yay! Glad you're feeling confident and others are recognizing it ♥️ 

Est. Due Date / Weeks + Days: 25w, 5/16

FTM/STM/TTM+: stm

Upcoming Appointments: 1 hr glucose today. I'm so hungry. Looking forward to eating in 3 hours lol

How are you feeling?: Everything hurts. The SPD/PGP kinda sorta didn't get worse this weekend, despite all the walking at the zoo, but OMG sciatica from hell last night. Normally my glutes/hips stop hurting once I wake up but they're still going strong. 

Rants/Raves: rant. See above. Everything hurts lol. 

Questions:  nope

GTKY: Who is your celebrity yard pass/mancrush/girlcrush? 😍 I'm with @MrsLaLaBug.... Henry Cavill for sure! 
  • @MrsLaLaBug oh nice, I didn’t realize you were still looking at houses! GL today!

@pajamstagrams I’m sorry for all the pain 😩
  • fireflyz_56fireflyz_56 member
    edited January 2022
    Edit because I just now saw the weekly randoms post is up, so moving my post over there. 😂
  • @MrsLaLaBug We're hoping to start building n the next couple years! We can't even decide on a floor plan lol. GL home hunting/planning!

@And846 I think the 3rd trimester "offically" starts at week 28! Getting so close!!

@pajamstagrams Oh no! I hope you get relief soon!

Est. Due Date / Weeks + Days: 5/10 - 26 weeks

FTM/STM/TTM+: FTM

Upcoming Appointments: Today, after work I have my 1 hour glucose

How are you feeling?: I'm just still nauseous. Heart burn- throw up- repeat. I take pepcid and watch my diet so idk, this is life now lol.

Rants/Raves: Raves- babe is sooo active I can actually see him moving/kicking on the outside now! It was noticeable before but now they are so much stronger. Makes everything feel so real!

Questions: 

Ever since I was a girl, I've always crushed on Josh Hutcherson!
  • @And846 I consider 27 weeks pregnant the third tri. You’re IN the 28th week then and if there’s 13 weeks in the first tri, why would there be 15 weeks in the second and 12 in the third? Makes more sense for 13, 14, 13. So CONGRATS!

@b_1029 I’m sorry to hear you and hubby are on different pages :( hopefully pregnancy hormones are influencing attitudes and things resolve as baby arrives (but I know, adding a baby doesn’t generally make things easier…). Have you considered a marriage counsellor for some deep conversations? Or maybe a date night to get away from the house stresses and reconnect?
  • @annashaf I’ve brought up marriage counseling with no luck. He doesn’t outright say no but he’s not interested either. I think he thinks things will get better because I’m going to therapy, which is BS since it’s just another thing I’m expected to fix. I am working with my therapist on how to have the harder conversations / a come to Jesus talk so he understands where I’m coming from and why what he does is not o
    May 24, 23+6 (tomorrow is viability day!!!)

FTM/STM/TTM+:
    FTM

Upcoming Appointments:
    Just had one this morning, one coming up next week as well. 

How are you feeling?:
    I feel pretty good! The bump is heavy but there’s so much movement it makes me giddy!

Rants/Raves: 
    COCONUT MILK ICE CREAM!!! I’ve been bloating when I eat dairy and I was complaining about it. DH brought home some dairy-free coconut milk ice cream and it’s amazing!!! 

Questions: 
    What growth percentile are y’all’s babies falling in (if you’re comfortable answering)? Lil Riley jumped from 48th last month to the 76th today! My first son was born at 10lbs 10oz and I’m really hoping that won’t happen again!

GTKY: Who is your celebrity yard pass/mancrush/girlcrush? 
    What’s a yard pass? Lol. Mancrush is Dave Grohl- dear god that man can sing. Girlcrush has always been Demi Lovato, but they recently came out as non-binary and I haven’t replaced the spot yet. Lol, Maybe Margot Robbie?
  • @MrsLaLaBug ugh I hate how stressful house hunting/ building can be. FX you find something soon! 

@And846 the three pregnancy books I'm currently reading have the 3rd trimester starting at 27 weeks, but over it be both in my apps 🤷🏻‍♀️

@sph97 I saw baby boy move on the outside the other day too! His kicks are definitely getting stronger and he did a very uncomfortable roll the other day that made me gasp lol 

Est. Due Date / Weeks + Days: 5/4, 27w5d

FTM/STM/TTM+: FTM 

Upcoming Appointments: 2/7 midwife appt then we switch to bi-weekly! 

How are you feeling?: Getting a little uncomfortable, but nothing horrible. The yoga ball helped with some hip pain last week at my desk, which was great! 

Rants/Raves: Rant: Sleep has been hit or miss and which is messing with my schedule. 
    Rave: We're on the road to our babymoon! Very much looking forward to relaxing over the next couple days. 

Questions: None

GTKY: Who is your celebrity yard pass/mancrush/girlcrush? Still crushing hard on Regé-Jean Page and then Zendaya has always been a big girl crush of mine. 
  • @b_1029 Sorry things are tough with your DH right now.  

2 year old things my daughter is really into: little people sets, toy kitchen, trucks and magnatiles/duplos are just starting to get her attention.  We don't have many light up toys at home because they drive me batty but I'm sure she would love them. 
  • @taylorharris0522 yard pass is just a slang term for if your significant other was to hypothetically give you permission to partake in some hanky panky with a member of the opposite sex 😂

@karisahamdi ahhhh I forgot about RJP!! Gosh but he is scrumptious too! 

• Est. Due Date / Weeks + Days:  5/6, 26+ 4

FTM/STM/TTM+: TTM

Upcoming Appointments: 2/17… can’t believe it will go to every 2 weeks after that. 

How are you feeling?: I definitely feeling like she’s had a growth spurt this week. It’s harder for me to bend over for things. Oversized non maternity t-shirts that were covering the bump no longer do.  

Rants/Raves: I ordered a willow pump! Excited to try that out this time around. 

Questions: 

GTKY: Who is your celebrity yard pass/mancrush/girlcrush?   Hmm I guess most recently Henry Cavill in the Witcher… though I liked him better in the Tudors and not at all in Superman lol. 

• @taylorharris0522 my baby is measuring in the 90th percentile! My OB said its normal for them to grow big fast and slow down some in the third, so we'll see lol.

@karisahamdi awh! & yes sometimes when he rolls/moves it can be so uncomfortable! He made me jump the other day and my husband looked at me like I was crazy lol. 
  • @happynapper Henry Cavill in the Tudors us my favorite version of him!!!!

• @taylorharris0522 - Also a fan of coconut milk ice cream.  Cashew milk ice cream is another great dairy-free option!  :)

Est. Due Date / Weeks + Days: 5/31 / 23w0

Upcoming Appointments: midwife visit next week

How are you feeling?: Feeling ok.  I'm starting to get SPD-type pain if I'm really active and I'm still so tired.  Epsom salt baths are become my routine

Rants/Raves: Rant: Work has been crazy the past few weeks. Bleh.  Rant 2: Every time my MIL comes over she brings "gifts" for DD.  We now have a million stuffed animals we don't need and I don't have a space for.  I'm this close to just getting rid of it all, but then I feel bad. 

Questions: Stroller question... DD will have just turned 3 when baby arrives.  At this point, is it worth getting a double stroller?  

GTKY: Who is your celebrity yard pass/mancrush/girlcrush? Ryan Gosling. I can't help it.  Girl crush is Reese Witherspoon and Zendaya.  
  • @tango_612 my oldest turned 3 one month after the second was born. I never regretted not having a double stroller. I either encouraged her to help me push baby in the stroller (she was completely satisfied to help) or wore baby in a carrier so that I had a free hand to hold on to DD if necessary.
  • @tango_612 I’ve banned bringing “gifts” to my kids 🤷🏻‍♀️ My aunt is the absolute worst about it so I just made an announcement at a family dinner about “we just cleaned out the playroom and had so many unnecessary items that never got played with. We are out of room. Please do not bring any toys or gifts over without asking me first. You’re welcome to get them for your house, but if they’re brought over here, we will either be donating them or throwing them away”. It’s *mostly* worked, but I have had to look at my aunt dead in the face and throw out a junky dollar store toy she brought over that I knew would break within 2 hours and cause drama. 
    As for the stroller, unless your oldest really loves riding, or you go places where it’s just easier a lot (ie, theme parks, fairs, zoo, etc), I’d skip the double! Neither of my older 2 really would stay in the stroller after about 2.5
  • @tango_612 I had my son when my first was 3y3mo. We used the double Bob stroller for
    about 2+ years! It’s amazing for the zoo, vacations, walks/trails, parks, etc. I could not have survived without it! I will say I was running/walking several miles a week too at the time so it was necessary. It ultimately depends on your lifestyle.
    May 27. 23 weeks,4 days

FTM/STM/TTM+:
    3rd

Upcoming Appointments:
    We have an appt at a boutique ultrasound place tomorrow with the whole fam. Excited because it will be DH’s first time seeing her. 

Doc appt in ~2 weeks 

How are you feeling?
    I’m feeling the best I’ve felt the whole time. However, reflux is starting and SPD pain suckssss. 

Rants/Raves: 

Rant that I don’t have enough energy to keep up with the house/laundry/dishes and I find it stressful.

Rave so far this week I have been getting up at 6, making coffee, and starting my day and that feels good.

Questions: 

Jason Segel! I like tall ogrey guys haha
  • Thanks for the perspectives on double strollers! We can always start without one and see how it goes, and then get one later if we feel we need one.  

@skc040512 I might have to institutionalize that rule. Family dynamics are complicated on that side (aren’t they always) so I get nervous to rock the boat, but we’re going to need boundaries before we drown in unplayed with kid junk! 
  • @tacosandtums yay for a morning routine that makes you feel good about your day! 🙌🏻  
  • @tango_612 The double stroller thing.  Depends on what you guys do so much!  My 1st was almost 3 when my 2nd was born and we used that double a TON.  But she loved the stroller and preferred to ride vs walk.  With #3 coming my 2nd will be almost 3 and I don't think we will use a double much at all except for if we are going to be at the zoo or somewhere where it is crowded with a lot of walking as she is happy to walk.  So if your kid wants a stroller all the time now, you might want to get one with a riding board or a second seat, but if shes more of a walker/independent kid then I would skip it. 

May 3 / 27w1d

FTM/STM/TTM+:
    FTM

Upcoming Appointments:
    Today and 2/8

How are you feeling?:
    Most of the day I'm okay, my back and hips have jumped into a new category of pain for me so the heating pad has been a new friend.

Rants/Raves:
    I finally got my recliner in the baby's room! It feels nice to have things coming together slowly. And a dining table now as well, furniture is so hard to get hands on rn.

Questions: 

GTKY: Who is your celebrity yard pass/mancrush/girlcrush?
    Mancrush probably JK (bts) or Henry Cavill in the Witcher as a good second
  • Est. Due Date / Weeks + Days: 25+1
    Upcoming Appointments: had glucose and midwife last week, physio today
    How are you feeling?: Doing well, bloodwork came back good and I passed my glucose test. It was nice to get into physio and get some exercises to help with hip pain and shoulder pain, and get some treatment. Repeat c-section is pencilled in so I've been feel mostly good about that (I think part of me will always wonder if I could've had a successful vbac, but I think this is the right call for me)
    Rants/Raves: I had to do workshops Monday/Tuesday this week and I was kind of hoping DH would take care of things around the house which...did not happen. Rave: my mom brought over dinner and dessert today! Such a nice surprise.
    Questions: NAtM
    GTKY: Who is your celebrity yard pass/mancrush/girlcrush? 😍 Andrew Scott (probably best known as Hot Priest) & Tessa Thompson
  • Est. Due Date / Weeks + Days: 25+6

FTM/STM/TTM+:STM

Upcoming Appointments:14th for glucose testing.

How are you feeling?: tired and stressed. Feel like I have a ton to do but no energy to do it.

Rants/Raves: I got some free coloring books and goodies from a coworker that fits the theming of DD birthday to hand out to the cousins. I really hope she enjoys her party and people can come given that the weather has been/expected to be crappy leading up.

Questions: is there a specific place you put the kids car seats/carriers in the car with multiples?

GTKY: Who is your celebrity yard pass/mancrush/girlcrush? 😍 Ryan Reynolds 
  • @addsprinkles521 so much of the car seat positioning depends on your car and car seat, and where anchors/ tethers are, and if carseats allow touching. I think the car seat lady (website) has info on specific car models. In any case, DD is currently on the passenger side, and will move to the driver's side so BB can be on the passenger side. 100% because that's easiest for us in our garage and how we park. No desire to use the middle seat because the passenger seat is easier to get to and install (we did use the middle for DD when she was born but honestly I'm too lazy to look up car seat spacing and see if we even have the room)
  • @addsprinkles521 we plan to put 1 seat behind the driver and one behind passenger. DD has always been behind the passenger and I didn’t even think of moving her to the other side. Should we?? 
  • Currently we have DD1 behind the driver and DD2 behind the passenger. We’re going to move DD1 to the middle seat, move DD2 behind the driver and put DD3 behind the passenger. Reasoning: DD1 can get herself into her car seat by herself so I don’t have to lift anyone into the middle seat. And we find the driver gets cramped if there’s a rear facing car seat behind them. We’d rather cramp up the passenger so the driver is more comfortable for safety reasons.
  • Thanks @pajamstagrams @b_1029 @annashaf I wasn’t sure if there was a rule of thumb for something like this. Think we will switch DD to drivers side so the carrier can go behind the passenger when the time comes as DD will be forward facing by then.