August 2022 Moms
Options

FFFC

FLAME FREE FRIDAY CONFESSIONS

**Not guaranteed to be flame free**

Re: FFFC

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @paytonpedro cheers to that. 😆 I am such an introvert and probably have a touch of social anxiety so I just prefer to be home. There’s few people I actually want to keep plans with. But I’m also big on commitment so I’m never going to be the one to cancel unless there’s an emergency.
    Pregnancy Ticker

5.5.16 | 8.14.17 | 1.30.19
  • Options
    @and_peggy oh I totally have social anxiety. I’m such a homebody that I’m perfectly content almost never leaving. Unless I’m with my husband. I cancel plans. Usually for a real reason, but not always an emergent reason. And sometimes I lie and say childcare fell through. Sometimes it does, but sometimes it doesn’t. I’m also wishy washy about committing to plans. Luckily, my friends all know this about me and don’t hold it against me. 
  • Options
    @and_peggy literally same. Lol. I stressed so much in the beginning of covid and then when I thought about it, I’m like my life hasn’t even really changed. I’m home all the time anyways 🤣
  • Options
    +1 to being more of introvert. I cancel plans frequently ((not really we don’t know that many people here to have that many plans)) and blame it on my kids. But it’s really just because I would rather stay home. 

I like Nickelback. Not like I’m a diehard fan but I like their music and don’t care if it all sounds the same. Also, 90’s-2012ish music is greater than everything after it. I don’t consider a lot on the radio these days to even really be music. 
  • Options
    I've always been an outgoing introvert. I'm happy to be around people and hang out and do stuff. But when plans get canceled that I'm not 100% looking forward to, I'm happy to stay home and veg out, read, even do chores! I'm more of a stay at home and hang out here kinda girl anymore. I hate being on the roads at night when people have been drinking. And I especially stay put on NYE. 
  • Options
    bridgiebee82bridgiebee82 member
    edited January 2022
    @aukeev I remember being a kid and my mom would throw 4 of the 5 of us in the tub at the same time when we were about 5 years old. My oldest brother was several years older the rest of us. We'd also get "stand up tubbies" where we'd basically just rinse off. I don't think baths and showers every single day for anyone are 100% necessary unless you're getting dirty and/or sweaty and stinky. Teenagers are a different story, I know! Lol
  • Options
    @aukeev. I do the same thing. We wash hands and faces and butts as needed but I really honestly only put my guys in the bathtub once a week. My oldest has the worst eczema and our water is super chlorinated and really irritates his skin. Not to mention, you’re right, they’re really just not dirty. Now summers of course are different. Lol. 
  • Options
    Also, I don’t shower everyday either… I’m sorry. 3 kids and sometimes I choose sleep over shower. 

@mangoandguava ummm you are nicer than me. You were late. Guess you don’t want a job? Ha. I like your 5:30 “appointment”

@itsme215 awww well I hope you discover your partners have faith in you for a reason. 
  • Options
    @aukeev omg I love my steak rare. I think the fact that you're the one raising the cattle and know everything that goes on makes things way different than if I were to go to the store and just slap something on the grill. 

My FFFC is that I've really started to loathe going to work every day. Teaching is exhausting. I'm tired of nasty attitudes from kids and coworkers. I'm tired of the lack of admin support. I stopped teaching a few years ago to take care of my mom, but came back after she passed away. I loved being home with my family. I'd so much rather be home than teaching or doing anything outside of the home, really.