August 2022 Moms
Options

Fitness Friday Jan 21

Happy Friday ladies! Let’s use this space for accountability and encouraging ourselves and others to stay or get fit during this long 9 months!

What are your fitness goals for this week/month/pregnancy?

Did you get any workouts in this week? What type, and how did you feel?

As many in this group approach the end of first trimester, what modifications are you making or planning on making? 

Re: Fitness Friday Jan 21

• Options
    I took a break from functional fitness for weeks 4-9. Now that my nausea is better, I’m doing low impact resistance training using lighter weights than I would have and walking. My goal is 3-4 resistance training sessions per week + 2-3 long walks.
  • Options
    Peloton user here, and on week 3 of the Power Zone Challenge that I mistakenly signed up for before knowing... Actually ended up really happy after the first ride of the week, which I was dreading, but had a killer playlist (mostly alternative rock). Unfortunately I think I went too hard, and took the next two days as rest days, but after seeing that ultrasound today, I feel like I can do anything, so I'm excited to do the second ride today and the long one on Sunday. The long one hour rides are rough though, mostly because it's already super uncomfortable to sit in the saddle that long. Thankfully only 3 weeks of that left, then I plan on just doing 30 minute fun rides at whatever effort I'm feeling for the rest of the pregnancy. LB name is Spaniel_Mom if anyone wants to follow each other.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @fromfurmomtobabymom8-2 I'm on Peloton too, same name as here. I'll follow you :)  I'm impressed that you can hang for an hour long ride. I am huffing and puffing these days, even after 30 minutes!

What are your fitness goals for this week/month/pregnancy? For pregnancy, trying to keep moving. I try to move my body for 30 minutes, 5-6 days a week. 

Did you get any workouts in this week? What type, and how did you feel? I am absolutely exhausted this week and it's been a real struggle. I got 2 rides, an upper and a lower body resistance training day, and a full rest day. I'll try to get one more workout TBD and a yoga/stretch in this weekend. My win for the week was doing by 200th Peloton ride! 

As many in this group approach the end of first trimester, what modifications are you making or planning on making? I found a few exercises that required laying on my belly uncomfortable for the first time this week, and I'm thinking it will be time to switch from my normal workouts to something more pregnancy-specific soon. Not sure exactly what that will be yet, but I'll look around. 
  • Options
    What are your fitness goals for this week/month/pregnancy? I'd really like to get in more movement throughout the pregnancy and also strengthen my core and back at the same time if possible. 

Did you get any workouts in this week? What type, and how did you feel? I didn't get in any official workouts, but I did my PT stretches daily, did the stairs a million times at school, and finally took down the Christmas tree decorations.

As many in this group approach the end of first trimester, what modifications are you making or planning on making? I'm planning on doing more pregnancy specific workouts. I want to feel good while pregnant and after I give birth.
  • Options
    What are your fitness goals for this week/month/pregnancy? My goal is to call my pilates studio and make some appointments. Around Christmas I stopped working out and wasn't too happy about it but also was very fatigued and had covid, so had no other choice. Now that I'm starting to feel better, I'd like to get back into a routine but my schedule is so busy as it is. For now I'm just trying to walk as much as I can. 

Did you get any workouts in this week? What type, and how did you feel? Only one 30-minute walk. It felt good, but going uphill made me realize how out of shape I am. 

As many in this group approach the end of first trimester, what modifications are you making or planning on making? I plan on getting back into a regular fitness routine. Even if it's walking a few times a week, and pilates 2 times, that is good for me. But I do want to make it a priority as it can be so beneficial throughout pregnancy and after. 
  • Options
    @fromfurmomtobabymom8-2 and @maggiemadeit I'm also on Peloton and may follow you! My Peloton name is my real name (I should probably change it) so I won't post it here, but you can DM me to confirm if you'd like!

What are your fitness goals for this week/month/pregnancy? Just to keep moving and build cardio strength, which I hope will help during delivery. I'd also like to keep my weight gain within healthy limits.

Did you get any workouts in this week? What type, and how did you feel? Yes, I finally got back on my bike this week! I'd been tired and nauseous and didn't work out for a month 😳 But I'm feeling really good now and got three rides in this week.

As many in this group approach the end of first trimester, what modifications are you making or planning on making? I haven't felt the need to modify anything yet, but I am thinking about looking into prenatal strength routines.
  • Options
    What are your fitness goals for this week/month/pregnancy?
    To stay active while traveling. Likely mostly walking.
    Did you get any workouts in this week? What type, and how did you feel?
    Yes, daily walks 30mins to an hour each, 2 x cross country skiing and a couple hours of snow shoveling ( my husband doesn't think I should be shoveling so he hired someone to help out today - we have several outbuildings that need to cleared before we leave for a week) My OB said I could maintain regular activity and lifting.. 

As many in this group approach the end of first trimester, what modifications are you making or planning on making? I need to look for pregnancy safe workouts to replace my normal floor/core exercises.
  • Options
    I wanted to let anyone interested know that I just did a pretty good low impact workout on YouTube. Still got my heart rate up but no jumping. It's Sydney Cummings- today's video. I think it's titled low impact cardio and upper body workout. She is 19 weeks pregnant so I'm hoping to see some of this style continue!!!
  • Options
    @leahrnmom ooooh thanks for the tip! I'll check her out!