June 2022 Moms

Healthy Habits w/o 1/24

What goals are you setting for this week?

Any victories you want to celebrate? 

Any struggles you need support on?

Re: Healthy Habits w/o 1/24

• Just a general comment - I find it frustratingly difficult to locate a non-problematic gif for this thread and if I miss the mark please feel free to call it out.
  • What goals are you setting for this week? keeping 2 days at the gym goal with regular long walks during the week.

Any victories you want to celebrate? I didn't do great last week but I was some bad round ligament pain. Seems to be better today so i'm  just happy i managed to push through and get any movement in.

Any struggles you need support on? still struggling with diet. I have gone from being sick to now wanting to eat everything. I constantly feel hungry. I got weighed today and i am up 10lbs this pregnancy. I feel like that is probably normal but last pregnancy I didn't gain at all since i was so sick. I get paranoid I'm putting on too much weight since I compare myself to last time.
  • Loading the player...
  • @ournextadventure I’m paranoid about weight gain as well. I finally started eating and put on 5 lbs in a week after having lost all my pregnancy gains before that. As much as I know it’s ok, it still feels like a big jump for a small period. I’ve been pretty good at protein and fiber dense snacks but definitely fell off the wagon this weekend after a patisserie friend brought left over things from her shop.

What goals are you setting for this week? Think I’ll make this a sleeping goal for this week. I’ve been staying up late because…well because I stubbornly want to. But by Friday I had fully crashed and took two days to recover. Not great. 

Any victories you want to celebrate? I made it to 95 lbs on my high reps deadlifts. This is not much in weightlifting world (and isn’t particularly impressive for me pre-pregnancy either tbh) but with how much I’ve cut back out of caution for abdominal pain it’s pretty good!

Any struggles you need support on? Like @ournextadventure, I’m obsessing over weight. I’m a little disappointed in myself when I’ve done so much work to not feel obsessed with a number. Really I think I’ve just felt like everything is so far out of my control and diet/weight was the easiest thing to latch onto. I also didn’t tell my trainer about abdominal pain during the end of my workout (I know, I know). It was during calf raises, which shouldn’t be a core issue at all beyond stabilizing. I knew if I told her she’d cut out my last set…so I just waited to see if it bothered me again. It didn’t so I finished the workout. Still not something I should make a habit of. 
  • What goals are you setting for this week?
    Some sort of movement everyday. A walk on the treadmill, yoga, Pilates, anything that gets me off my butt. 

Any victories you want to celebrate? 
    I did 15 mins of prenatal yoga last night and had a fairly healthy day full of fruit and veggies

Any struggles you need support on?
    My biggest struggle is finding time.  Everyone in my house is constantly sick lately so that makes finding time to be healthy difficult.  I don’t want to cook, I’ve got extra chores with more loads of laundry, and I’m mentally exhausted from the whining. 
  • @pinkkillersheep and @ournextadventure this is the first of my 4 pregnancies I find myself obsessing about weight.  My 3rd was born in May 2020 and the last couple of months stuck at home in the beginning of the pandemic, not moving and stress eating, caused me to gain way more weight than my other two pregnancies. I also ended up with stretch marks and a diastasis recti.  Added to that I’m one of the lucky people that can’t lose the last 10/15 lbs while breastfeeding.  So I felt like I was never going to get my body “fixed”.   I need to find away to balance being healthy and strong but also being gentle with myself for some changes that are inevitable. It’s hard.