Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

3 month old losing hair fast

jillb928jillb928 member
edited January 2022 in Babies: 3 - 6 Months
My 3 month old daughter had a lot of hair when she was born, but has lost a good amount if it. I know it’s “normal” for babies to lose their hair, but it seems to be coming off more where she rubs her head when she’s fussy. It almost looks like she has a toupee on and then a tiny amount around the bottom of her head. Is there anything I can do to prevent this?

Re: 3 month old losing hair fast

• Options
    jillb928 said:
    My 3 month old daughter had a lot of hair when she was born, but has lost a good amount if it. I know it’s “normal” for babies to lose their hair, but it seems to be coming off more where she rubs her head when she’s fussy. It almost looks like she has a toupee on and then a tiny amount around the bottom of her head. Is there anything I can do to prevent this?
    Probably not, if you’re concerned reach out to her doctor. They’ll lose all their newborn hair and then grow new hair. My son was born with soft reddish-dark blonde hair. He lost it all (a lot of it while I was combing off his cradle cap). Since it’s meant to be lost it will fall out first where there is friction. And he grew his hair back over a few months and now has long light blonde curls at almost 16 months. 
  • Options
    I agree with what Greyl said, my LO has a tiny bald spot where he rubs he head as well. To prevent further hair loss or to slow down the process, I've been using satin sheets from "free your curls". I haven't seen any differences yet since I've only started, but the idea is that there is less friction on satin sheets compared to the cotton or other fabric which would pull on the hairs.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    jillb928jillb928 member
    edited January 2022
    Thank you!! I will look into satin sheets. 
  • Options
    cjoy1cjoy1 member
    My 3 mos old is having the same problem in the back of his head :( . I also switched to satin sheets & satin items from Free Your Curls, but I haven’t noticed a difference yet either.