1st Trimester

Doppler at home ISSUE?!

K so I went got sonoline Doppler but I’m 13 week 1 day I heard my baby fast but the display show no counting ! Then when it did show a number I didn’t hear it later and show way higher than beats should be 164 at 13 week 1 day ! So I’m scared now of course so that wasn’t the heart beat number since didn’t hear any thing at all when the display show that and when I did hear baby earlier was no counting snd did show 137 at some point so now I’m all scared that the number freak me out but it show no heart symbol and no beats were heard why does my Doppler throw around numbers when the beat heart isn’t even near it ??? It did this before saying 175 too when no heart beat was near it at all and no sounds were being made ? Is my device broken ??? As I pray those numbers are fake since the beat sounded fine and at 10 week 4 day was normal 165 but the be at a should now be under 160 at 13 week 1 day someone please tell me the display messes up for them also since didn’t hear any beats during those high numbers !

Re: Doppler at home ISSUE?!

• This is exactly why I didn’t get a Doppler for my pregnancies- I’d totally obsess about it! This worry is not good for you or for baby. Ask your OB if you can go in for a quick Doppler reading or ultrasound heartbeat scan. My doc has no problem doing that to ease her patient’s minds! And maybe find a new home for your Sonoline...
  • Loading the player...
  • harpseal135harpseal135 member
    edited March 2021
    Prime example as to WHY people who are untrained should NOT have access to this stuff.  Creates more anxiety than it should. Wait until your next appointment OP. If you can, look into returning it, since it is creating more anxiety than its worth. 
  • This is why I would NEVER buy a doppler.   With my last pregnancy,  my obgyn had a new midwife come in for the visi(around 13 weeks( , and  she absolutely could not find the heartbeat, after what felt like a very stressful few minutes, he took over.   I have had a friend go in for appointments at 16+ weeks and the trained professionals could not find the heartbeat and had to switch to ultrasound to confirm everything was okay.  
  • I have used a doppler with all my pregnancies. I don’t even look at the numbers. I find the HB and then I turn my doppler off and put it away. I never worry about what the numbers say. They are never correct/precise. The point is to hear the HB, just ignore the numbers. 
  • I have the Sonoline B but no matter what brand NEVER trust the number on the screen. It's never accurate and it will pick up on random sounds in your abdomen and count it as a "heartbeat". What people do is find and listen to the baby's heartbeat and count it to figure out the bpm. I always video record it so I can go back and count the beats. Check out some YouTube videos about using the doppler so then you know what you're listening for cuz there's a ton of random sounds and you'll hear your own heartbeat in a bunch of different spots. Once you get the hang of it it will bring you so much relief! That thing has been a lifesaver for me.
  • Horror Zombie GIF by Chicken Licken SA
    *TW All the Loss* #BitterHagPartyOf1

October 2015 - 1st MC.  7-8 weeks along. Suspected molar PG, but luckily just a MMC.

June 2016 - 2nd MC: 4-5 weeks CP

September 2016 - 3rd MC: 4-5 weeks CP

RE 1: ALL the testing - 'unexplained'  "Yinz can do IVF or try on your own"

Feb 2017 - 4th MC: 6 weeks

RE 2: More tests. Still 'unexplained.'  Called fat for an entire hour-long appointment, cried a lot

Feb 2019 - 5th MC: 6-7 weeks

IUD - March 2019-March 2023

RE 3:  Repeat all the tests. Hoping to try IVF.