May 2022 Moms
Options

Anyone else having bad anxiety?!

I am currently 23 weeks pregnant and can’t shake the feeling that something is wrong with my baby. I have no reason to think this, blood work and scans have all been fine, but I am worried all the time that something is wrong. My friend was talking about how she’s so glad I’ve had a pregnancy with no complications and I just kept thinking well what if there’s a big problem we’re unaware of right now?. I’ve suffered from anxiety since before I got pregnant, so I’m not sure if it’s just exacerbated right now or what. Was just wondering if anyone else is in the same boat as I am!

Re: Anyone else having bad anxiety?!

• Options
    Hey! Welcome to the bump. Make sure you introduce yourself first and look at the “read this first” thread. This would be a great post for the “Greg big question thread”. We’d love for you to join our community and post in the correlating thread. 

That being said- yes anxiety can absolutely be exacerbated by pregnancy. I would bring this up with your provider so they can either reassure you about the health of your baby or determine if some kind of treatment would help. If you’re already on anxiety meds you may need to increase the dosage because your body metabolizes differently in pregnancy.