edited January 2022 in May 2022 Moms
We missed this one yesterday! 

Est. Due Date / Weeks + Days:

FTM/STM/TTM+:

Upcoming Appointments:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: 

GTKY: Not that we can change anything now,😂😂😂 but would you rather be pregnant in the winter or the summer? 

Re: Weekly check in - week of 1/10

• Est. Due Date / Weeks + Days:
    5/29 20+2
    FTM/STM/TTM+:
    3rd bebe 
    Upcoming Appointments:
    Had my A/S yesterday! All was good. MFM coming in 2 weeks
    How are you feeling?:
    Think I have FINALLY hit the sweet spot of mid-pregnancy, as far as energy and less severity of symptoms goes! Please Baby Jesus let it last. 
    Rants/Raves: 
    Rant: it’s getting harder to get up off the floor and harder to bend/stoop already 😬
    Rave: feeling accomplished with all we accomplished with continuing to ready the house/rooms/nursery this week with cleaning and painting. 
    GTKY: Not that we can change anything now,😂😂😂 but would you rather be pregnant in the winter or the summer? 
    I’ve done both and would HANDS DOWN rather have a winter baby. We barely have winter here anyway, but being 3rd trimester pregnant in Satan’s asshole heat is SO. NOT. FUN. 

• Est. Due Date / Weeks + Days: 5/16, 22+1

FTM/STM/TTM+: stm

Upcoming Appointments: finally it's here! Anatomy scan on Friday

How are you feeling?: Nervous AF that DD will bring home covid from daycare and push out my AS, but we only have a couple more days🤞

Rants/Raves: rant: I cannot possibly drink enough water.  Gah. Why is it so hard?

Questions: nope

GTKY: Not that we can change anything now,😂😂😂 but would you rather be pregnant in the winter or the summer? ABSOLUTELY the winter. Being 3rd tri pregnant in the south during summer was HELL. So much sweat 🥵 if maxi dresses were work appropriate my life would have been so much easier.
  • Loading the player...
  • @MrsLaLaBug
    but being 3rd trimester pregnant in Satan’s asshole heat is SO. NOT. FUN. 
    Accurate. 😂 Don't forget about the humidity! 

Also good for you on getting rooms ready! DD's big girl room is still a disaster from wrapping Xmas presents. And her dresser won't arrive until late March, and the bed in late April. But at least I've started pulling out all her old gender neutral clothes (it's not a lot lol). 
  • Est. Due Date / Weeks + Days: 20+4

FTM/STM/TTM+: 3rd

Upcoming Appointments: Friday OB and next Friday anatomy scan

How are you feeling?: my back is feeling achy/painful and I'm super frustrated about my ultrasound.  

Rants: 
    Rant: 
    .....after the debacle with the first 2 ultrasounds having scheduling issues, I figured I would book at the hospital to avoid the stress of the. Well....the hospital screwed up the appointment and didn't catch it. Drove there, waited in the waiting room for over 20 minutes, they called me back to an ultrasound room and then told me they don't do the 20 week scans in that department . Spent forever on the phone with the hospital scheduling which tried to tell me it was MY error rather than their error and that they have nothing available the next 2 weeks except today at 1pm (right at preschool pickup time). Called my regular office and now I have to drive 45-60 minutes next Friday to get the scan done. This is ridiculous. How much do we want to bet that that appointment somehow gets F'd up

Questions: 

GTKY: Not that we can change anything now,😂😂😂 but would you rather be pregnant in the winter or the summer?  Winter.  I hated being 3rd trimester in the summer.  But I'm also not looking to being newly postpartum during the summer either.  The big girls will want to go to the pool/beach and I feel like it will be hard taking a tiny newborn those places.  But, we will figure it out.  I think an early/mid April baby would have made it a tad easier but can't be picky with due dates and unexpected pregnancies ...or any pregnancies

• @MrsLaLaBug yay for being productive! I’ve finally started perusing furniture to get for this baby, but haven’t done anything yet 😆 maybe one day. 

Est. Due Date / Weeks + Days: 5/19, 21+5

FTM/STM/TTM+: STM

Upcoming Appointments: not till February 

How are you feeling?: pregnancy wise, fine. This kid moves almost constantly, wonder how that’ll translate to the outside. I don’t remember DD moving this much!

Rants/Raves: I feel horrible 😩 and useless at work. Hardly accomplished anything last week while juggling DD back and forth, now I’m sick, next week we’re supposed to go to Colorado but I’m still maybe going to try to get out of it…definitely not going if I still feel like this. But yea feeling like a horrible employee who’s basically not working in January. Rave is that DH has picked up the slack around here and is really trying to take care of me. I hate that I had to get sick for it to happen, but am glad it’s at least happening. 

Questions: we are very late to this but does anyone have any tried and true bottle/ cup transition tips for toddlers? She’ll sometimes drink out of a straw cup but generally hates every one we’ve tried. I feel like one thing after another keeps coming up that pushes our bottle boot camp out and I’m worried it’ll never happen 

GTKY: Not that we can change anything now,😂😂😂 but would you rather be pregnant in the winter or the summer? Definitely winter! I live in KY which I know isn’t even the worst of the southern heat / humidity but I was struggling being Max pregnant in July. When early labor started, I went to target to try and walk her out because the thought of moving in that weather made me want to cry. I might’ve changed my mind had pools been open but…2020 covid pregnancy and all. 
  • @third2022 oh no what a mess with your U/S!! 🤞🏻🤞🏻 the new appt goes off without a hitch!! 

Questions: we are very late to this but does anyone have any tried and true bottle/ cup transition tips for toddlers? She’ll sometimes drink out of a straw cup but generally hates every one we’ve tried. I feel like one thing after another keeps coming up that pushes our bottle boot camp out and I’m worried it’ll never happen 
    @b_1029 I’m sorry you’re having some backpedal!! If I remember correctly I bought like three different types of sippy cup and figured out which style mine took to the best and went from there. Like one had a screw on top(all one plastic piece), one had the little rubber like insert on the top with the handles(more pieces to wash but a bit closer to bottle type) and one with straw lid. With DS it was a bit harder for him to let go of the bottle. But I knew it was TIME lol! So I just eventually hid them all and would open the cabinet where the bottles usually were, where he could see and say “uh oh! All gone! No more!” Or something like that, and then give him the cup instead. I’m a mean mom LOL 😂😂😂

• Est. Due Date / Weeks + Days: 23 weeks - May 10

FTM/STM/TTM+: FTM

Upcoming Appointments: 1/17 finish my AS

How are you feeling?: Okay, really wishing morning sickness would end but accepting that I may just throw up while having the baby lol.

Rants/Raves: 
    Rant- Besides still being sick in the early AM ad evening nothing much else to rant about. I am ready to be ablet o get ready for work without throwing up, and worry if I ate too close to laying down for bed (because I'll throw it back up for some reason?)
    Rave- We are still so excited to know we are having a boy! I'm not from here, so I don't have many local friends and my MIL and SIL have began planning a babyshower and I'm getting excited and I'm so thankful to have married into a good family! Also, my MIL has already began Christmas shopping for baby boy's first Christmas so I'm sure he will not be going without lol.

Questions: 

Winter. I take full advantage of being able to wear leggings and sweatshirts everyday at work lol. 

• How are you feeling?: Okay, really wishing morning sickness would end but accepting that I may just throw up while having the baby lol.

I hope your sickness eases up soon!  What you said reminds me of my first pregnancy. I was literally throwing up on the delivery table. 
  • @third2022 ugh your ultrasound debacle. 🙄. Also, good point about newborn in the summer. Obviously we can't use sunscreen, and as @MrsLaLaBug so eloquently put it, it's gonna be hot, and long sleeves/pants might be too much. Guess we need to rely heavily on shade! 

@b_1029 excuse my stream of consciousness and questions, but maybe they trigger something for you...can she use a straw cup, but just refuses? I would cut the bottles cold turkey, unless she just turned 1? How old is she again? Is she frustrated with the smaller flow of weighted straw cups, and would she do better with something like a Contigo straw cup? What about just switching to an open cup?

@sydneyannette53 ugh sorry you're still feeling sick 😩
  • @pajamstagrams she just turned 18 months 😐 like I said, very late. She has no problem drinking water out of a straw cup, but will not drink milk. We give her her seizure medicine in her milk in the AM and PM since she spits it all back out by itself, which is one of the main reasons we have been hanging onto bottles. Plus she’s so hit or miss with eating but I assume if she drank less milk, she’d be better? We do have a cup like that pic and she’ll drink out of it but then spit it all back out. So maybe she refers slower flow things? 
  • @b_1029 huh 🤔 idk. That's tough. I'm sure the medicine tastes nasty, and I know it's tough to give toddlers meds via syringe 😖

If she's getting full on milk, for sure that would affect her eating. The munchkin straw cups aren't certainly slow flow, if you haven't tried those lol. 
  • I have been MIA for a few weeks the holidays took it out of me so hard 

Est. Due Date / Weeks + Days: 5/7 23w 3days

FTM/STM/TTM+: TTM

Upcoming Appointments: not until February

How are you feeling?: still exhausted all the time but At this point it par for the course with 2 other kids running around. I’ve also started getting crampy this weekend more so every day, pain when I get up and walk anywhere in the pelvic region, and hips then cramps again when I sit down or lay down. It’s a great time with a wild and crazy 3 year old who just wants to play

Rants/Raves: rave for hubs picking up the slack with the kids and for movement that goes all hours of the day. 

Questions: 

GTKY: Not that we can change anything now,😂😂😂 but would you rather be pregnant in the winter or the summer? I’ve had summer and winter and I 1000000% would do winter all over again. Florida heat and humidity while pregnant absolutely not

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

BabyFetus Ticker

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• Est. Due Date / Weeks + Days: 5/4, 23w6d

FTM/STM/TTM+: FTM

Upcoming Appointments: 2/7 for my last monthly midwife appt they switch to bi-weekly after that one!

How are you feeling?: I feel good! Had a bit of a scare yesterday after slipping on some ice, but the extra check-up on LO was nice. He was moving around SO MUCH during the monitoring. He really hates the sound of the doppler and kept trying to kick it off, which was comforting in the moment. 

Rants/Raves:

Rant: Being in the hospital was the last place I wanted to be with all the COVID spikes in my state. They do have L&D go through the Cancer Center and avoid all the main entrances since they do some kind of special air control there. I do think the women in the room next to me tested positive because they went in there to heavy clean after she was moved. FX I don't end up sick in the next couple of days.

Rave: They're only doing virtual tours of the hospital, but I was able to get a dry run through everything yesterday. It was nice to be able to know where I'm going, see the rooms, and meet some of the nurses while I'm in a sane state rather than doing it all for the first time when I'm in labor. 

Questions: None!

GTKY: Not that we can change anything now,😂😂😂 but would you rather be pregnant in the winter or the summer? Winter for sure seems like the best option! I'm always cold so whatever extra body heat I'm getting from being pregnant is much appreciated. I also enjoy being able to just hang in leggings and sweaters all day long. 

• Est. Due Date / Weeks + Days: 5/23, 21w

FTM/STM/TTM+: TTM

Upcoming Appointments: 24 week OB check

How are you feeling?: a lot better, but still struggling with nausea in the evenings. I never had it like this with my boys, so this girl is already giving me a run for my money 

Rants/Raves: my kids have actually been playing nicely and sharing their new Christmas toys (for the most part)

Questions: 

I’ve done both (Jan and Aug births). I definitely prefer winter pregnancies. I’m a lazy pregnant lady, and I feel like that’s easier in the cold. Also, it sucks to be hot and super pregnant 
  • Est. Due Date / Weeks + Days: May 17, 22+1

FTM/STM/TTM+: STM

Upcoming Appointments: just had a consult with my OB yesterday - c-section penciled in for the 12th!

How are you feeling?: I'm feeling pretty good. Happy to have decided on a repeat c-section and feeling very good about that decision. I've been feeling baby kick a lot more which has been fun! 

Rants/Raves: I've been getting the run around from the speech language pathologist for my toddler for A MONTH and I'm livid about it. Rave: hubby has brought home poutine for my cravings twice and he made me popcorn last night. Love that guy.

Questions: 

GTKY: Not that we can change anything now,😂😂😂 but would you rather be pregnant in the winter or the summer? My last pregnancy was april-december and I found it a lot easier to keep up with walking because the weather was better. But I agree it would be no fun to be super pregnant in the heat of summer. I'll be glad to be out of flu season when this baby comes - we were so careful with our first and covid hadnt even started yet! 
  • @b_1029 could you try a Munchkin 360? How does she do with an open cup?
  • Est. Due Date / Weeks + Days: May 11/23+0

FTM/STM/TTM+:STM

Upcoming Appointments:1/24

How are you feeling?:Alright overall not sleeping well but feel like that is a problem for most of us right now.

Rants/Raves: getting more stuff together for DD birthday so I feel like I am accomplishing something. More people in our families have tested positive recently though so idk how things will turn out.

Questions: Not right now.

GTKY: Not that we can change anything now,😂😂😂 but would you rather be pregnant in the winter or the summer?  Winter. Summer would be too hot I feel.
  • Circle back for tags in next post. This is why you don’t wait til the end of the week to update, self 🤣

Est. Due Date / Weeks + Days:
    24w4d

FTM/STM/TTM+:
    sTM

Upcoming Appointments:
    2/9

How are you feeling?:
    mixed. I mentioned to my OB at the appt that i noticed a bump under my armpit somewhere between wk 19 and now he felt it and is having me get an ultrasound on Monday. Naturally, I’m thinking the worst even though i have a good cbc blood draw in October and clean mammogram from 14 months ago 

Rants/Raves: 
    im so over Covid between people at work and daycare. 

Questions: 

summer so i can swim and float away the heavy belly weight. Also a float dress is much easier than trying to dress warm
  • @MrsLaLaBug ditto on the feeling of getting to the sweet spot! I also have moments where I can't get up and most the time it is from the couch which is deep cushion. What can ya do?

@pajamstagrams have you tried to put some squeezed lemon or lime in your water? I find that helps me when I get into the phase of being tired of water. Or swap it up for a few days with seltzer water. 

@fireflyz_56 ah! exciting about move to the new home! Do you have a plan to unpack to make it easy on you?

@third222 fingers crossed that the scan tomorrow does not get messed up. woof, what a mess! Hope it is worth it all tomorrow when you see babe!

@b_1029 I also do not remember DD moving this much and that says a lot given this little guy is working with an anterior placenta! We used the NUK small learner cup with DD and it was great. I had previously gone through 5 or 6 others before someone recommended that for me. 

@sydneyannette53 ahhhh! How sweet of a family that you married into! 

@itsagalsworls1024 welcome back! I was also a little MIA and popping in and out between November and December with Holiday Hell. 

@karisahamdi oh gosh! How scary about the ice and then having to be exposed at the ER. I hope you have a calmer week and stay healthy. 
  • Est. Due Date / Weeks + Days:
    23w6d
    FTM/STM/TTM+:
    TTM
    Upcoming Appointments:
    None
    How are you feeling?:
    COVID has been kicking my butt, but the little boy has been VERY active. The heartburn has really ramped up this week. 
    Rants/Raves: 
    C O V I D. WHY?! I've gotten through the worst of it, but still exhausted after doing the most menial task. And now...heartburn. I spent all last night up with lava creeping up my throat, this thing was impervious to every remedy I threw at it!
    Questions: 
    None
    Definitely the winter. I can layer up, then remove layers if I get too hot. I went through one pregnancy that started at the beginning of summer, and especially being in the South - it was miserable. Not to mention the food is so much better!
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker
  • @And846 thinking of you and hoping it’s nothing but perhaps an overactive milk duct getting too excited! 
  • pajamstagramspajamstagrams member
    edited January 2022
    @And846 you might be alone in your club who prefers summer 😂😂  I do try to mix juice with my topo in a large cup and sip that for a while, just to switch it up, and that gives me 30 oz easy. But I don't love plain water in general, I much prefer sparkling (absolutely with a splash of lime!), and my tiny pregnant tummy can't handle lots of bubbles 🙃

@DarkSerendipity oh no, not covid! Hope you're feeling 100% shortly!
  • @DarkSerendipity prayers you get better soon!!