Weekly Check-In 1/10

How far along are you?/EDD

If you are past your due date how far past are you:

Size of the Baby:

Upcoming Appointments:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves:

Questions:

GTKY: (So per my usual I can never think of this one so feel free to put whatever you like.)

Re: Weekly Check-In 1/10

• Options
    How far along are you?/EDD: 37 weeks & 5 days 1/26/22 to be induced 1/19/22

Size of the Baby:  Romaine Lettuce

Upcoming Appointments:  Friday 1/14/22 Growth Scan

How are you feeling?:  Feeling super large, super nervous, agitated for no good reason, and excited all at the same time.

Rants/Raves:  Rants:  Well my rant is that I have a very long week and got no sleep last night.  My husband was snoring like a ship sailing through fog.  I have a work meeting tonight at 6:30PM and tomorrow the rabies clinic from 6PM-8PM.  Then appointment Friday and my last grocery shopping trip before baby boy is here.  Raves:  My rave this week is that this morning I had an non-stress test and amniotic fluid check.  During the ultrasound the tech showed me the baby practicing his breathing and he smiled and stuck his tongue out.  Melted my heart.  Plus I'm officially all ready to go I prepared extra dinners this week since I'm working so late and have everything completely done for little man's arrival.

Questions:  Anybody else feel like they woke up and they're stomach just tripled in size?

GTKY: (So per my usual I can never think of this one so feel free to put whatever you like.)
  • Options
    lizzie_30 said:

How are you feeling?:  Feeling super large, super nervous, agitated for no good reason, and excited all at the same time.
    SO SO relatable! It's like this constant up and down of emotion. One second I'm so anxious then calm then pissed off and always uncomfortable 🙃 

Also, so cute that you got to see the little one smile! I imagine that made for some warm fuzzy feelings to take over 💛
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    How far along are you?/EDD: 38w4d / Jan 20

Size of the Baby: winter melon

Upcoming Appointments: tomorrow 1/11. I think this is my last appointment before my due date. Not sure if they will have schedule another. 

How are you feeling?: still 24/7 heartburn and I'm SO over it. I think I've lost at least part of my mucus plug, so I guess that's good? I've been experiencing lightning crotch more and more. I'm generally exhausted but cannot nap and do not sleep well at night 😩

Rants/Raves: Rant - All I want is sushi, smoked salmon, and a Italian cold cut. I keep dreaming about these foods... it's torture!! Rave - my husband finally got his sh!t together and packed a hospital bag for himself which makes me so much less stressed. I feel like we are as ready as we can be. 

Questions: is it weird that I have been having fewer BH contractions lately? I also dont think I've experienced any actual contractions yet. Is that normal? (Obviously FTM worries!)

GTKY: What are you watching (series, movies) right now to help pass the time?

We have been rewatching old seasons of Survivor for some reason. I don't know what started this but it is now an addiction 😆. I'm also excited for the next season of Cobra Kai on Netflix (haven't started it yet but it is on the list for sure!). Most recent movie we watched was Encanto from Disney. Very cute and great music 🎶 

• Options
    @lilyfox we just finished up Yellowstone season 4. I come from a horse background so it’s a favourite 😊
    How far along are you: 37 weeks, 4 days
    Size of the baby: lettuce 🥬 
    Upcoming appointments: Wednesday the 12th for weekly check in with the OB.
    How are you feeling: cranky, irritable and tired. I haven’t been sleeping well, and since I am still at work until the end of this week it’s been a struggle. I’ve also been struggling with constipation (yay!) so I’m feeling super bloated and gross. 
    Rant: I’ve been having lots of Braxton hicks contractions but no real sign that anything is progressing. I know we still have a few weeks and he will come in his own time but gosh darn it I’m getting impatient!
    Rave: hubby got off work and had dinner ready for me when I got home today 😊
    Questions: none today! 
  • Options
    How far along are you?/EDD ? 37 weeks today 

Size of the Baby: lettuce 

Upcoming Appointments: had US today and OB on thursday

How are you feeling?: extremely Anxious now.

Rants/Raves: Rant--> mad 💩💩 lately 🤣
    Also baby is breech as can be. I don't think she has any room to turn either cause head is in my ribcage and feet down by crotch. Crazy thing is my cervix is wide open and I've been experiencing contractions for the last 2 days. 
    Rave--> everything is ready to go and I've been down Little debbie deserts like a crazy person 😭

Questions: Visitors?--> i was originally cool about it, but now I feel psycho. Basically I don't want anyone that's not close family or friends we've been seeing this entire time, to come to my apartment. And one of the family members has a boyfriend that I just don't want around especially since I'm not sure how ill be PP with hormones and everything. And I just don't like him, but I don't want to hurt the family member's feelings 😕 

GTKY: (So per my usual I can never think of this one so feel free to put whatever you like.) Binged watched Claws on Hulu, waiting for Yellowstone to get added to peacock, and watching all the 90 day shows on discovery is distracting me currently.
  • Options
    @alexxajams In regard to visitors... I keep reminding myself that giving birth is a lot and that as the Mommas, we will need recovery time. Recovery is supported by peace and calm.  Think about who will provide you with the most peace and calm during this time. 
    BUT let's be serious, most visitors will not be coming over to support YOU in your recovery. They are coming to see the baby, and intentional or not, they are more focused on themselves and their "special role" than what you need. 
    I am also factoring in COVID precautions which has made it a lot easier to tell people that we will not have visitors (perhaps a silver lining for the pandemic? )
  • Options
    @lizzie_30 that’s so sweet seeing your little one like that! 
    @lilyfox omg the lightening crotch! Especially at the end of the day. I tried commiserating with my mom on this and she had no clue what I was referencing. Ditto on waaaayy fewer Braxton hicks over here. I think for me that might just be bc I’m moving around less. 
    @robyntee1234 ooo! What did hubby have ready for dinner? That’s so lovely to hear.
    @alexxajams so sorry about the anxiety. Is it bc the baby is breech? I can’t quite remember, are scheduled for anything for that? Or are you discussing it when you see your OB Thursday?

How far along are you?/EDD late term/Jan 1

If you are past your due date how far past are you: 1 week 3 days

Size of the Baby: a full grown adult

Upcoming Appointments: Wednesday morning with OB for a final check and so that she can put in orders for my induction Wednesday night.

How are you feeling?: pretty miserable physically. Post 41w is no joke. Can’t imagine multiples. And I’m sick on top of it all. Feels like a cold but who knows with omicron and being boosted.

Rants/Raves: my rants are not being able to bond with baby as well bc I’m going to have to mask up until I’m no longer sick. Doing labor and delivery while sick. This new hemorrhoid hurts!!!! My husband says it’s thrombosed. My rave is that there is an end in sight! My induction is tomorrow and I should no longer be pregnant by the weekend! While I am sad my labor won’t be as I hoped, I don’t care how I have Benny at this point. 

Questions: how’s everyone’s family and friends bothering them? Lol by the time 41 weeks rolled around, they could sense I was fed up with them checking to see if baby was born yet. The past three days have been quieter with those questions.

watching 1883, Salt Lake City housewives, Wayne, binged Witcher.
  • Options

Size of the Baby: a full grown adult
    This made me laugh out loud... but also truly feel your frustration. It seems like a 😂😭 thing
  • Options
    @katepattsea for real..LMAO for full grown adult 😂😂😂 Yay for baby coming though !!!
    My OB scheduled me already for c-section at week 39, and has me doing positions to flip her since she is breech 😔 I was so anxious that I moved my appt up to Tomorrow (Wed) as well. I really don't think I can wait till week 39 to have her
  • Options
    @lilyfox I'm not a doctor, but I don't think it's weird that you're having less contractions.  Maybe you were doing more things before that caused your body to have them.  I can say I never had Braxton Hicks contractions and I didn't have real contractions until I went into labor.  Hope that helps.

@alexxajams I plan to not have visitors besides my mom besides my mom and mother-in-law.  I was so tired the first time I had no one over at all the first two days.  

@katepattsea Thankfully I haven't had too many inquires but that's because everyone knows I'm due on the 19th.  My sister-in-law checks in every few days just to make sure I didn't go early.  I'm so excited for you that you will be induced today.  Good luck!! Wishing you the best.