July 2022 Moms
Options

FFFC 1.7

Share your confessions!

*Not guaranteed to be flame free!*
*TW* History:
Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
Repeat labs in 8 weeks
Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
TTC put on pause

Re: FFFC 1.7

• Options
    So... I'm doing a terrible job following the food recommendations.

I've had Jimmy John's at least twice since becoming pregnant (and since I'm GF right now it's an unwich so I can't easily take the turkey out to warm it to kill bacteria) and I had a Chicago style hot dog yesterday (no regrets that hot dog was TASTY). Oh, and I'm pretty sure I shouldn't have summer sausage either but have had that a couple times.

Anyone else gambling with the food risks and eating all the no-no's?
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    @inthewoods23 Omg. I'm the worst! I'm eating deli meat and runny eggs all the time. 
    *TW* TTC history
    Me:32 DH:31
    Married: 8/2015

TTC #1: 4/2017
    Testing: HSG, U/S, BW, and DH's SA all normal
    DX: Unexplained
    8/2018: Clomid + TI = BFN
    9/2018: Clomid + TI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2018: Clomid + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    12/2018: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone \\ Cancelled due to cyst
    1/2019: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD Sept 30th, 2019
    10/7/2019: Healthy baby boy!

TTC #2: 12/2020
    2/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    3/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    4/2021: Surprise! Natural BFP! \\ EDD Jan 6th, 2022 \\ Chemical, betas not rising
    8/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    9/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    10/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD July 29th, 2022

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @inthewoods23 me! 🙋‍♀️ I have never gotten sick from lunch meat and it feels like everything has a listeria risk these days, so I figure in moderation, it’s fine.  I’ve had sushi a couple times too. Yum!

my FFFC is that my kids are home and daycare is closed so I went through some toys. I’ve got a bin full of toys to get rid of and they don’t even know (nor will they miss them- lots of happy meal toys and just junky stuff).

• Options
    @sunshineandlemons lmao, I do that with my husband's stuff all the time!!!
  • Options
    @LJMoon6 @sunshineandlemons we're big on having smoked salmon in our house and when I told DH that it's technically a no no being a smoked food he was like "what all about the scandanavian women who get pregnant? Smoked fish is practically a food group there and they're all fine".

I can tell you that warmed up smoked food is just awful. Totally ruins it. I'd rather risk it.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    @inthewoods23 omg I always crave jimmy johns so bad when I'm pregnant. Last time all I wanted was a jimmy johns pepe in the hospital after delivery and there wasn't one close enough to the hospital and because of covid noone could bring it to us either :'(
  • Options
    @inthewoods23 Ahh now I want JJ’s 😋 I’ve also eaten hot dogs and pepperoni
  • Options
    @inthewoods23 Me. And I was a NUT about it in my first pregnancy.  It I’ve been so sick and lost so much weight and the food aversions make it really hard to eat. So if it sounds good…. I’m eating it. Lunch meat and hot dogs mainly are the only broken rules. I live in a country with pretty strict food safety guidelines and have gotten this food for years at these places and never had an issue so….. I’m taking the risk. I normally heat the stuff to death in the microwave but I didn’t today. Heated turkey just sounded awful. 

I guess actual FFFC I’m not a huge fan of raw sushi anyways so I haven’t done that. But veggie or cooked sushi I’m good with. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • Options
    So totally anecdotal, but it seems to me that you hear more about listeria outbreaks/recalls
    with pre-cut, refrigerated fruit than lunch meat/deli salads. 

I totally eat Jimmy Johns, Chicken Salad Chick, and the like on the regular. Now a sandwich tray/scoop of potato salad at the church potluck, not so much…

My two day late FFFC, I don’t like birthday cards. Like I appreciate the sentiment but then I feel obligated to remember to send a card for their birthday and I am *really bad* at it. For instance, I once again forgot to send my mom a card and her birthday is tomorrow. Now, the once off situations like sympathy and wedding cards, I’m good with those. 🤷‍♀️
  • Options
    @twentythree19 Cards do not come in my house. My mailbox is past the trash can, so I open them, read them, and toss them. They just end up being paper clutter. 
    And I don’t send cards either. Sometimes the kids will make “cards” and I’ll send those. But I don’t think I’ve bought a card in my adult life. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • Options
    Not birthday cards, but holiday cards - if the card has a sh*t ton of glitter that is just getting everywhere from barely touching the card I toss that in the trash immediately. It does not get hung on my front door. Did that with my aunt's card this year. The entire cover of it was coated in glitter and went everywhere the moment I tried taking it out of the envelope. I basically read it then dropped it into the trash. DH was proud of me haha. He HATES glitter.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Options

I never thought I would be like this, but I am fulfilling the "2nd child" stereotypes. With my first I had the best everything, nursery was done right away, not chancing any bad foods or activities, putting her first in every way. This time around I'm like... ehh, coffee isn't too bad. Oh yummm sushi. We don't need a nursery, they aren't even going to sleep in there at first! 

34 year old mama of a 4 year old girl.
    1st birth through years of trying and the wonder drug letrozole.
    Second a great surprise.