January 2022 Moms
Options

The finish line

Happy new year! 🎆And happy birth month ladies! 🥳It’s my due date today. 🤞 it happens, but no symptoms of imminent labor as of yet. 
How was everyone’s NYE? Plans to do anything different the next 31 days?

Re: The finish line

• Options
    Mine was painful had a lot of energy and did too much so I was in pain all night.  I took it easy today so hopefully it will be a good night tonight.  Happy New Year to you as well.  Maybe try taking a warm bath. It could be all in my head but I did that with my first and was in labor 4 hours later.  I plan to rest more.  It's hard for me because I'm one of those people that are like let me just do it myself.
  • Options
    I've been so busy the last few weeks that I haven't checked in here at all! 😔 Seems like a lot of people have vanished from these boards. 

@lizzie_30 I am also a "do it myself person". It is SO hard for me to relax or ask for help. I know I need to slow down a bit in these last few weeks of pregnancy!!

Happy New Year to those of you still on here! I will try to be better about posting now that the holidays are over 😄
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Happy new year and birth month also !! This is my first and my LO has been stubborn this entire pregnancy..so we shall see if she comes before her due date or after lol. 
  • Options
    Had my membranes swept at today’s appt. I was also ordered to walk for two hrs immediately, then have sex. OB kinda made me feel like I’ve been doing something wrong since I’m past my due date. She was clearly frustrated. It’s not my fault the hormonal process for labor hasn’t started yet. 
  • Options
    @katepattsea definitely not your fault and kind of rude of her to be frustrated with you. You would think that if someone wanted to be an OB that they might understand that you can't always schedule this sort of thing and not expect to have a predictable calendar in that line of work!
  • Options
    @katepattsea You aren't doing anything wrong and a two hour walk is going to be painful/stressful on your body maybe do 30 minutes to an hour.  My first was due April 24 and born May 3.  Your baby will come when he wants to and is ready.  You don't need that.  DUE DATES are just a guess.
  • Options
    @katepattsea Holy OB. As the saying goes, babies aren't pizzas. 
    I got a sweep today as well (I'm 37+4, but baby is measuring 41wks) and am SO crampy. 
    Your OBs instructions to walk immediately and then have sex gives me hope that m sweep will actually do something. I had to wait around in town for an ultrasound, so I went into a couple stores. I also messaged my husband and told him we needed to have sex cuz I needed his prostaglandins. So that's happened since. 
    Fingers crossed that these babies come soon. 
  • Options
    @lilyfox, I know! This OB is hot then cold. I never know which version I’m gonna get. Makes me feel crazy sometimes!

@lizzie_30, thank you for that. I was surely exhausted yesterday both from all the physical stuff she had me do and then the emotional stuff.

@sarah_is_pregnant, how’s it going now?! I had non stop contractions for the time I was walking. The sweep got some prostaglandins going from my body. Had some bowel movements that cleared me out. Then the prostaglandins from husband’s semen had an immediate effect. Felt intense cramps in my uterus. It’s all pretty much fizzled out now though. I’ve got my fingers crossed we meet our babies very soon!
  • Options
    Anyone else gagging like it is first trimester all over again???
  • Options
    @katepattsea I was still a bit crampy today, and had BH almost anytime I stood up. Was still bleeding until early this afternoon as well. That seems to have stopped now. 
    I'm not feeling amazing, but not as bad as yesterday. 
    My husband asked if I wanted sex again today, and I just groaned and made a horrible face. 
    The poor guy. 
    Fingers crossed all of this helped move some things along. 
  • Options
    @lilyfox not gagging but feeling nauseous again. :(
  • Options
    @lizzie_30 UGH. I just want to be able to enjoy eating again!!! 
  • Options
    @Lilyfox, that’s an annoying symptom to have come back. Is it hormonal surged of reflux you think?

After the day of my membrane sweep, my OB called me to check progress. All the contractions had stopped by the time morning came. She ordered more walking and sex. It was actually below freezing where I’m at, so I did lots of squatting and lunge exercises, but eventually went for a short 3 block walk. Had sex. Contractions started coming on. Painful, regular, stronger than ever. Even started having bloody shows every few bathroom trips. Yes!!!! Nope-it’s morning and they’ve stopped again. My body is already exhausted from these last two days. I don’t think I’m gonna make it through a nonmedicated birth if this keeps happening. At least I can prepare myself for that!
  • Options
    @katepattsea yeah it makes sense that it might be reflux related. I basically have heartburn 24/7 no matter what I eat
  • Options
    @lilyfox my gagging came back..but only happens if I talk for long periods of time.

@katepattsea you'll do whats best for your body and baby. Your ob is too much..stressing me out For you girl. 

I have US Monday, hopefully she isn't breech cause I really don't want a c-section
  • Options
    @alexxajams, I’ve got my fingers crossed for you that baby girl is head down now! Keep us updated!

Still no labor over here into week 42 officially. A new hemorrhoid, but no new baby. Lol
  • Options
    cait53cait53 member
    edited January 2022
    Hey Birth month buddies. My due date isn’t until the 20th, but I’m so exhausted and ready to be done. Any tips for distractions or words of wisdom to help me be more patient? I did lose my mucus plug on the 6th. Been walking and stretching, but nothing. Last night just the anxiety of waiting for contractions kept me up all night. First time mom problems? Lol
  • Options
    Hi cait! I’ve been distracting myself with reorganization, podcasts, tv, and making freezer meals. This is not to say I haven’t been impatient! Lol it’s so hard isn’t it?

In my experience, walking, sex, squats, yoga ball sitting, etc. didn’t do anything to bring on labor. I even had a membrane sweep on Thursday and still no labor. I’m pretty certain that when those things work, it’s coincidental and those people are lucky ducks!
  • Options
    @katepattsea thanks!! Trying similar things this week, taking a class in the morning, a little exercise and I’m going to start some freezer meals this week. So funny that two or three weeks ago I was adamant about letting the baby do it’s thing and decide it’s own birthdate, and now I am so impatient. Hang in there!!
  • Options
    @cait53 I am due on Jan 20 also!! The wait is so SO challenging. My distractions include cleaning, reorganizing, cooking, making art (my go to for relaxing!), watching netflix/hulu, going on walks...  So far I haven't had any signs of labor. 😕 I think it has been most helpful to find ways to relax so as not to let the anxiety take over. Have you tried any hypnobirthing meditations? 
  • Options
    @cait53 I’m not due until the 27th but I want this little guy out now! Apart from an increase in Braxton hicks contractions, I have had no indications he plans to arrive any time soon. This is my last week at work so I’m sure I’ll be even more impatient come next week without work as a distraction. At least know you are not alone! 
  • Options
    Update---> baby is still breech 🥴😭 so looks like a c-section will be taking place. At first I was like calm about it, now I'm just spiraling horribly. She's been stubborn the whole time, so I didn't expect anything  less for her birth 😒😂 but I want to try to turn her but now I've see all these horrible post about how people tried yoga and spinning babies.com and they ended up having an emergency c-section.  I see my OB Thursday but thinking of moving it to Wednesday if I can cause I think anxiety will get the best of me by then.
  • Options
    @alexxajams This situation certainly sounds overwhelming and stressful! It definitely seems like a good idea to talk to your OB about feeling anxious so they can walk you through what to expect. 
    Maybe also try to do something relaxing for yourself while you wait...take a bath, listen to calming music, do something fun as a distraction. Remember that you are strong and trust that your baby will enter the world in the safest and calmest way possible! 💛