Weekly Check-In 1/3/22

How far along are you/ EDD:

If you are past your due date how far past are you:

Size of the baby:

Upcoming Appointments:

How are you feeling:

Rants/Raves:

Questions:

GTKY:  (This one is always hard for me to think of so if anyone has a good one feel free to throw it out there.)

Re: Weekly Check-In 1/3/22

• Options
    How far along are you/ EDD:  36 weeks and 5 days/1/26/22/Induction Scheduled for 1/19/22

Size of the baby:  Papaya 

Upcoming Appointments:  Friday 1/7 w/MFM Non-Stress/Amniotic Fluid Test and same day w/Regular OB for routine checkup

How are you feeling:  Feeling okay.  Still nervous and not sleeping well.  Doctor asked me at the last appointment if I've always had anxiety.  I'm not saying anything in those appointments anymore.

Rants/Raves:  Rants:  Amazingly I don't think I have any yet, but the week just started.  Raves:  Everyone in my house is trying to be more helpful with cleaning and what not.  It's horrible in reality because they used my dish washing sponge to clean my stove, but it's the thought that counts.  They're at least trying.  

Questions:  NATM
  • Options
    @lizzie_30 you made me lol with the sponge bit. That freaking sucks about what your doctor said to you. I would feel the same way about just not saying anything at this point.

How far along are you/ EDD: 40+2

If you are past your due date how far past are you: 2days

Size of the baby: watermelon

Upcoming Appointments: Thursday for reg check up. 

How are you feeling: exhausted

Rants/Raves: feeling very emotional when evening rolls around because another day has passed without labor. But I try to remind myself how lucky we are to have made it this far! 

Questions: anyone afraid to eat anymore because you want to be flushed out when labor begins? Despite this, I find myself eating more than I have all pregnancy.

GTKY:  do you like having the baby name picked out before they arrive or do you prefer to wait until birth? 
    I thought I would want to meet him first, but the control/planner in me needs everything that can be done before hand to be done before birth. So, his name’s been chosen for weeks.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @katepattsea so to your rant I completely understand.  My first was born at exactly 41 weeks and every morning after my due date I woke up and didn't have him I would get more and more upset.  Hang in there he will be here before you know it.  To your question I can promise you whatever happens in that delivery room you won't care.  You won't even know if it does happen because there is so much pressure down there.  I had to stop pushing five pushes in with my first to ask for something to throw up in.  The pushing and severe heartburn didn't mix well.  I do agree though the more you tell yourself not to do something the more you do it.  At least that's true for me.  I had my son's name picked as soon as I found out he was a boy and I did for the first one too so I guess I like having the name pre-picked.  The best part about pre-picking his name is that I ordered him a gown for his hospital pictures that says L is for Louis and it's even cuter than I thought it would be.
  • Options
    @lizzie_30 Thanks for your insights and the advice "whatever happens in that delivery room you won't care". I think I needed to hear that! Makes me feel less anxious about all the possible scenarios. And I can totally see myself needing to vomit sometime during this whole process!!

@katepattsea I don't have any words of advice since this is my first pregnancy! But I can totally imagine how emotional it must be waiting after the due date has come and gone. There is definitely a part of me that wants my baby to come right around the due date (probably that planner part that likes schedules and structure 😄). Hang in there! I'm sending you all the positive birthing energy!!

How far along are you/ EDD: 37w5d / Jan 20

Size of the baby: romaine lettuce 

Upcoming Appointments: Today! It snowed pretty significantly yesterday so I am hoping I can make it safely.

How are you feeling: mostly tired and frustrated that I cannot do more (for example, I wanted to be able to shovel snow yesterday 🤷🏼‍♀️). I guess I am also a little anxious about being able to tell if I'm having contractions (clueless FTM here!). Heartburn still a problem. 😩

Rants/Raves: Rant - I am super pissed about omicron and rising covid cases in my area. I am unsure how that might impact hospital restrictions. It all just makes me nervous. I have been so safe and healthy this whole time and I don't want to test positive at this point.
    Rave - my house is almost not a complete disaster! Things are pretty set for baby's arrival. We have mostly everything we need so I'm feeling confident that we are ready. 

Questions: how do you all plan on keeping yourself calm and relaxed during labor?

GTKY:  do you like having the baby name picked out before they arrive or do you prefer to wait until birth?
    My husband and I had a name picked out pretty early. I am definitely a planner and just wanted to have it decided earlier rather than last minute. I do like the idea of waiting to meet the baby before deciding though. My mom ended up changing my name when I was born due to my red-ish hair (she felt like her first name choice didn't fit). So who knows... maybe we will switch it last minute!
  • Options
    robyntee1234robyntee1234 member
    edited January 2022
    This is my first post here, I wish I had found the boards sooner! 🙈
    I am 36 weeks, 5 days/ January 27

Baby is currently the size of a papaya.

Upcoming appointments: this afternoon! I had to skip an appointment last week because we were exposed to a COVID case in the family over Christmas so I’m very anxious to see her today!

How I’m feeling: frustrated that I can’t do as much as I would like to! I’ve been having A LOT of Braxton hicks contractions the last few days and I know I need to do a better job of taking it easy. My appetite has been very low lately and lots of heartburn ☹️

Only rant at this time is my partner and I can’t seem to settle on a name!!

Edit: also not sure how to change my username…. That was definitely not my choice! Lol!
  • Options
    Thank you for all this advice @lizzie_30. I’m gonna let it go. I already have a “don’t care about the hair down there” attitude, so why would I care about a leaky bum? Lol 

@lilyfox, so glad to hear that about your house! I’m right there with you on the contractions thing. I was def having them, but was also not in labor. I have no clue. Slight pain and regular. But no progression according to the midwife who checked me the next morning. That was a week ago and since then I just ignore every contraction and jolt of pain. I figure I’ll either know when the contractions become impossible to ignore or I go in for induction or C-section. 🤷🏻‍♀️ I plan to use breathing and mindfulness exercises during contractions, and moving into different positions based of biomechanics throughout labor. I say plan, but I know to keep myself open during that time. I know a lot of women use music to stay calm. What are you planning to do?

welcome, knottie!! Glad to have you and congrats! You can change your username in the account settings in the homepage either in the online instance or the app. 
  • Options
    @lilyfox I thought the same thing my first time that I wouldn't know what contractions felt like, but when I had one I was like oh man that was a contraction?  Three more later five minutes apart I knew it was.  I was glad to be 4cm dilated when I got to the hospital.  I got the epidural and felt so much better.  I totally agree about the omicron variant the numbers here are rising like crazy.  Banks, restaurants, and schools around me are closing again.  Last time this happened women had to deliver by themselves no one allowed in.  I don't want to have to deliver without my husband.  This is my second time and I'm more scared this time then I was before.  I just feel like the first time I didn't know what to expect so I just went with whatever happened.  Now though my mind feels like it should go a certain way and if it doesn't I really think I'm going to freak out.  So the answer to your question is I have no advice for keeping calm because I am completely not calm already. lol

@katepattsea My doctor the first time around told me not to shave.  He said it was better for the baby.  He did tell me a reason, but I don't remember what the reason was.  It was super weird though when I came in and he said "you didn't shave, good girl."  Came off a little creepy.

• Options
    Gah!! Anyone saying, “good girl,” to a grown woman sounds creepy! 
  • Options
    Gah!! Anyone saying, “good girl,” to a grown woman sounds creepy! 
    AGREED!!! 
  • Options
    So my attempts to plan for calm and relaxation during labor include:
    - making birth affirmation cards to bring to hospital.
    - I found a pregnancy/birth singing bowls video on YouTube. I like it better than some of the hypnobirthing music out there. 
    - a friend recommended a galaxy light for peaceful ambiance. Honestly it felt a bit silly to me at first buuuut I actually really like it. And it really does help me relax. So I'm bringing it 😆
  • Options
    alpacamama2alpacamama2 member
    edited January 2022
    @lizzie_30 omg I am also so terrified of my husband not being allowed in with me during L/D. So far the hospital have just restricted visitors to one support person. So that will be my husband. And he can't leave and come back. Which is fine. Hopefully it stays that way! But we will see... they just declared a state of emergency here today 😟

@katepattsea So far I think I've just had BH and some cramping. I had an appointment today and OB said I am 1cm dilated and 50% effaced. So I guess that means things are progressing 🤷🏼‍♀️. I am just trying to trust that I will know when my body is kicking into gear!

@knottie I had a ton of BH and cramping the other day after walking a lot and probably lifting things I shouldn't be!  It is so hard to just chill, right?? And I SO feel you on the heartburn. It has been BRUTAL. Nothing much seems to help me so I don't have any magic advice to give you ☹
  • Options
    @lilyfox @lizzie_30 we are the same here, lockdowns starting up again and only one support person who cannot leave my room. I’m not due until the end of the month but a part of me hopes he comes sooner before they have the chance to change the rules again!
    As far as the heartburn goes the last few nights as long as I don’t eat anything within an hour or two of going to bed and sleep propped up a bit more than usual I’ve been doing better. Unfortunately sleeping propped up has been making my back and neck more sore though so it seems I can’t win either way! 🤣