August 2022 Moms

PGAL 12/30

This thread is for those who are pregnant after a previous loss(es). TW for entire thread due to discussion of MC, TFMR, CP, etc. 

Weeks/EDD?

Previous loss(es) (share as much or as little as you like)? 

How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? 

Any appointment updates? 

Any big milestones?

Rants/Raves/Questions?

Re: PGAL 12/30

• Weeks/EDD? 6+3 8/22 

Previous loss(es) (share as much or as little as you like)? 9 week MMC, 14 week MMC, 2 CP

Not too bad physically, not amazing but I’ve definitely felt much worse at this point in other pregnancies. Emotionally I go back and forth between optimism and feeling like there’s just no way we can have a baby without a few more losses. The many recent losses on this board has been triggering too. 

Any appointment updates? 
    Not yet. Ultrasound is on Monday. Just thinking about it gives me heart palpitations, walking into ultrasound rooms feels about the same as walking into a funeral for me- hard to breathe and your body feels like cement and you have to force yourself to walk in because running the other way isn’t an option. 

Any big milestones? Having a heartbeat will be a big one, but with both my MMC baby was still ok at 7 weeks so it won’t give me reassurance for long. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? I took Monday off for the appointment and tomorrow is a holiday so I have a 4 day weekend to distract me from thinking too much about ultrasound day. 
    Me: 35  H: 35
    Married: 4/5/13

"You know that place between sleep and awake, 
    that place where you can still remember dreaming?
    That's where I will always love you.  
    That's where I'll be waiting."
    ~Peter Pan 

*TW*
    BFP #1: 11/12/12  EDD 7/25/13 Baby boy: 7/27/13
    BFP #2: 10/29/17   MMC dx @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
    BFP #4: 3/2/18  MC 3/9/18
    RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
    BFP #5: 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girl  :'(
    Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
    BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/20/19  <3  Rainbow baby girl born 7/23/19 
    BFP #7 12/8/2021 EDD 8/22/2022 
  • @coco2787 I hear your so loud on the many recent losses being triggering. I thought I was doing good emotionally and now I’m just spiraling. I hope your ultrasound goes well! I’m so sorry it’s so difficult to walk into an u/s and that any shred of joy is so overshadowed. I’m eager to hear your update!

Weeks/EDD? 8weeks today/ 8-11

Previous loss(es) (share as much or as little as you like)? Mc at 5 weeks in July

How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? I feel like the past 2 days my nausea has been calming down, which is great but also terrifying. I have belly issues and have been eating better so I’m thinking that could also be helping. I’m also getting bursts of energy which is fabulous, but I still get so fatigued during the day that I usually take a nap. Emotionally I was good, but now I’m almost regretting telling our kids. 

Any appointment updates? Ob appt Monday.

Any big milestones? Not this week. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? 

Question- any chance they can hear heartbeat on a Doppler at 8+4?? I’m going to ask my dr to try but I’m afraid if she can’t find it, that it will just stress me out more. I’m also going to ask in the questions thread. 

I’m happy to be 8 weeks, I feel like I’m so close to being out of the 1st tri and feeling better (even though I have another month to go!). 
  • Loading the player...
  •  

Weeks/EDD? 6 weeks

Previous loss(es) (share as much or as little as you like)?  I lost a baby in August, although it was very early I thought it was a girl. We named her Ava Grace.

How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? This changes daily. Sometimes I am happy, I am ready to move forward with expanding our family and other days I feel like I am erasing her. every time I go to the bathroom I get scared because I was fine until one day I started spotting. I just want to get through my first ultra sound which isn't for another 2 weeks. 

Physically I'm feeling pretty good. a little nausea but nothing to bad so far. With my husband home for Christmas break ive been able to take little naps. I'm gonna miss that. I am a stay at home mom to a 3 year old son.

Any appointment updates? I have an ultrasound in 2 weeks, I am happy to learn that my hubby will be allowed in with me. Although covid cases are getting back. I'm terrified of being alone when I find out my baby has no heartbeat.

Any big milestones? Got through Christmas without being a nauseous emotional wreak.

Rants/Raves/Questions? I just wish this could be an enjoyable time. I was so sick with my son I don't have good memories of being pregnant. I want this to be different. I know if im physically feeling better it will help with my emotional state. Good thing I have a wonderful therapist.

• @coco2787I’m sorry that ultrasounds are so hard. I’ll be thinking of you on Monday. 

Weeks/EDD? 6+ weeks

Previous loss(es) (share as much or as little as you like)? Early spontaneous loss in August. 

How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? Physically, I started to really feel pregnant in the last 24 hours, with a lot of the typically first trimester symptoms popping up for the first time (goodbye to red meat for the next 8-10 weeks 😂). Emotionally I am all over the place. I went for my booster last night and I was so nervous I sweat through my shirt! The poor nurse asked me if I was going to pass out. I’ve read the research and I believe it’s the best course of action, but I was super nervous. I also just feel completely devastated reading about all the losses in this group recently. My heart breaks every time I think about it. I remember that pain so well. 

Any appointment updates? Nada until late Jan.

Any big milestones? I’m past 6 weeks, so I’m further than my last pregnancy. It feels good but I’m also acutely aware that it’s no guarantee, and it’s hard that I won’t get any confirmation until 10-12 weeks.

Rants/Raves/Questions? Just sending out some extra love to this group today. I know we all feel our own losses through the losses of others. It’s an awful sisterhood to be a part of, but I also feel better knowing that no woman is truly alone in it ❤️
  • Weeks/EDD? 5+3

Previous loss(es) (share as much or as little as you like)? CP in 2015, MC 7weeks in 2016, daughter was born in 2017, MC 7ish weeks in 2019

How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? Super anxious. I did get great numbers for my HCG and Progesterone, plus was prescribed progesterone suppositories that will also help pad my anxiety. They should be here any day. 

Physically, experiencing mild symptoms, which nature me feel reassured, even though I know that doesnt always mean everything is going well. 

Any appointment updates? I have a phone visit next week, then my first in person visit with ultrasound on the 27th. 

Any big milestones? Seeing my HCG increase today was big for me. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? I'm just ready to get past this phase where I look for spotting constantly. I'm a ball of nerves. 
  • Hey all l! I'm new to the group (this time around)

Weeks/EDD? 5w3d  8/30

We lost twins boys, Lucas and Ryan, at 20weeks in 2014, twin boys again in 2017 at 23weeks and 3 days-we lost Elijah when they were 12 days old and Colton is 4 years old, we lost our only daughter at 15 weeks in 2019. 
    We also have a 6 year old son, Tyler. 
    So, 6 children 2 of which are living

Eh, I am kind of detached but hopeful

Any appointment updates?
     Next Wednesday we have an ultrasound! With our history of multiples we wanted an early ultrasound 

Any big milestones? Not yet

Rants/Raves/Questions? Not really, just kind of riding the wave right now 
  • @Karissa764 I'm so sorry for all that you have been through. Happy to have you here and wishing the best for you this pregnancy. 
  • Weeks/EDD? 6, 8/28

Chemical Pregnancy 2014
    Stillborn daughter due to PPROM at 21 weeks, July 2021

Completely freaking out emotionally. I’ve basically stopped sleeping, but every day I notice a new physical symptom so I’m optimistic.

Any appointment updates?
    Our first scan is Tuesday 1/4. I’ll be 6+3

Any big milestones?
    Not yet

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    DH & I did the deed which caused cervical irritation so I have the spotting/discharge associated with that. It’s only caused my emotions to flip on end even more. I just really want to get to the doc so I can be at some kind of peace. 
  • @paytonpedro I 100% agree with regretting telling my son this early. He comes up to me several times a day to say hello to baby or kiss baby (he is so excited) and it would make a loss that much more devastating. 

Weeks/EDD? 9w1D, 8/6

Previous loss(es) (share as much or as little as you like)? Previous loss at 6W before DS and then another one at 7W before this pregnancy.

How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? Honestly not great emotionally.
    On Thursday after DTD with DH I had what felt like a very light period/heavy spotting for an hour that then turned into spotting. I was in tears when I called the doctor's office but they managed to talk me off a ledge explaining it is very normal to have bleeding/spotting if your cervix is irrated. Overall it was super triggering experience and I've been depressed/struggling since. 

Any appointment updates? Checkup on 1/10

Any big milestones? Nope

Rants/Raves/Questions? Not looking forward to going back to work tomorrow after being off 10 days. I really wish I could take another week or two off but I have to save the vacation time for ML. 
  • @darkrose88 I hope you’re doing better since that experience and the spotting/cramping has stopped. I think everyone here would feel how you did in that situation. Hugs. ❤️
  • I'm sorry to be jumping in late! Hopefully I'll catch up with you all quickly. I've been really anxious this pregnancy and it's made me hesitant to jump in. 

Weeks/EDD? 6+5 - August 24

Previous loss(es) (share as much or as little as you like)? Our first loss was a blighted ovum discovered at a 7-week US. The gestational sac kept growing and my HCG kept rising until almost 11 weeks. We had two assumed CPs this summer - positive tests for a couple of days, then my period started. Our most recent loss was just in October. Everything was normal, first scan looked perfect, then when we went back for our 9-week US (I have them frequently because I'm at a fertility clinic) showed baby growing on track, but no heartbeat. I ended up testing positive for Covid the day before my D&C and had to wait 3 weeks to reschedule it, but I ended up in miserable labor with the baby stuck in my cervix and we had to go to the ER for an emergency D&C. It was the most nightmarish experience. 

How are you feeling? Emotionally & physically? So, so anxious. I feel like I'm constantly waiting for bad news, while simultaneously telling myself to have hope.

Any appointment updates? Next scheduled appointment and US isn't until the 17th.

Any big milestones? None

Rants/Raves/Questions? Is anyone else not experiencing many symptoms? I have heartburn fairly consistently but that's pretty much it :/
  • @aukeev my symptoms have been pretty mild so far and we had a healthy scan today. Try not to read too much into symptoms (easier said than done, I know). I’ve had pregnancies with LOTS of symptoms end in MC and I’ve had pregnancies with almost no symptoms end in a healthy baby. 

~Peter Pan 

*TW*
  • @aukeev I’m so sorry for what you’ve been through. Happy to have you here now. I am not having much in terms of symptoms besides feeling a little more tired than usual and an aversion to meat. Like @coco2787 said, I had tons of symptoms with one of my full term pregnancies, and also with my loss, but my first full-term pregnancy was a cake walk, barely any symptoms, so there really isn’t any rhyme or reason that I can tell. I also lost my symptoms a few days before my loss, so I understand how it can mess with your mind when you don’t feel pregnant. 
  • @coco2787 @maggiemadeit I'm just waiting for an at-home fetal doppler that works before 12 weeks to be invented :D It's so tempting to run to an ultrasound studio for a quick check, but I've talked myself out of it so far. 
  • coco2787coco2787 member
    edited January 2022
    @aukeev not to feed into the crazy but I started using a home Doppler with my last pregnancy at a little over 9 weeks and was always able to find the HB consistently. I know some people think it will make their anxiety worse so keep that in mind, but for me it helped SO much. Also, I think I’m gonna call the free women’s clinic today for an ultrasound next week so right there with you 🥴

~Peter Pan 

*TW*
  • @coco2787 That is intriguing! I wondered if it would work before then. I may end up with one sooner rather than later. 
    I don't blame you!! I wish my OB's office would offer "mini ultrasounds" - like two minutes and not $160!
  • @coco2787 @aukeev I was also thinking about a private ultrasound. My intake appointment isn't until 10+ weeks, and I won't have an ultrasound until 12+ weeks. The waiting is KILLING ME and I really want some sort of assurance that things are going okay in there, but on the other hand I also don't want to find out bad news without my doctor there...
  • @maggiemadeit that's my thinking on it, too. 
  • Well, just made an ultrasound appointment for next Tuesday. My OB will use the handheld US to check HB at my 9 week appointment but I want to make sure growth looks good and waiting another 2 weeks feels like an eternity. 

~Peter Pan 

*TW*
  • @coco2787 Fingers crossed for a perfect scan!