1st Trimester

1st trimester symptoms

Hello! First time mom here. I’ve been experiencing the whole host of symptoms since week 6 on, most of which has been fairly manageable. I’ve recently been dealing with a lot of constipation, which feels slightly less manageable at this point. Any tips or suggestions on how anyone else has dealt with this? 

Re: 1st trimester symptoms

• Look into magnesium supplements and drink LOTS of water. My OB recommended calm powder when I was pregnant.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • paytonpedropaytonpedro member
    edited December 2021
    Take a stool softener. Ask your ob first which one is best. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh I feel for you, I’ve struggled with this so much. Eat ALL the fiber, smaller meals, stay super hydrated, and keep your body moving. I take magnesium supplement at night too. 

P.S. hi @meggyme! Long time! 
  • DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Yes, magnesium supplements are definitely worth every penny and also help with sleep and the hip and back pain associated with pregnancy. I took it regularly with my first and had a very easy pregnancy and delivery.
  • @anneellert that was me around week 4-5. Food aversions didn't help with my intent to eat certain things to help digestion. Finally I found that a shake in the morning with extra chia seeds and flaxseed helped TONS. I added orange juice, pineapple and leafy greens, to make sure I would get nutrients that I could stomach, but definitely you can just add it to yogurt or milk.