May 2022 Moms

Weekly Check In - 12/27

Est. Due Date / Weeks + Days:

FTM/STM/TTM+:

Upcoming Appointments:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: 

GTKY: Which expression of affection makes you feel most loved? (Love languages… words of affirmation, gifts, acts of service, quality time, physical touch)

Re: Weekly Check In - 12/27

• b_1029b_1029 member
    edited December 2021
    Est. Due Date / Weeks + Days: 5/19, 19+6

FTM/STM/TTM+: STM

Upcoming Appointments: AS on 1/5

How are you feeling?: not great. I’ve been having BH which I’m mildly worried about, and need to start monitoring how often. They felt pretty frequent yesterday but we were in the car so I definitely wasn’t drinking enough, plus I couldn’t switch positions. Otherwise just tired which is my default mode anyway. 

Rants/Raves: being at my parents’ house was exhausting and I honestly don’t know if I want to visit them anymore with how my dad acts towards my mom (after drinking). DH and I both agreed we don’t want DD to be exposed to that. He isn’t like that as much while visiting us, so maybe we somehow set that boundary that they can come here but we’re not going there? But then I feel like I’ll never see my side of the family? Ugh idk family can be tough. 
    I don’t have many raves right now other than it’s my birthday tomorrow and I’m taking the day off. I’m so pumped to relax (will require attempting to wear post-Christmas blinders so I don’t just clean the mess up all day)

Questions: nope

GTKY: Which expression of affection makes you feel most loved? (Love languages… words of affirmation, gifts, acts of service, quality time, physical touch) Acts of service and quality time. My cup always feels empty because DH and I don’t really spend actual quality time together (just watching tv or hanging with DD) and he doesn’t really do anything for me lol

edited for grammar 
  • Happy early birthday @b_1029 !

Est. Due Date / Weeks + Days: May 28th - 18 weeks, 3 days

Upcoming Appointments: In January - I have a check-up on Jan 6th and anatomy scan Jan 18th

How are you feeling?: I'm feeling ok overall. My biggest issue lately is feeling dizzy and I think I'm just mentally not ready to have a baby bump in the way yet lol. Even my winter coat is starting to feel tight now. 

Rants/Raves: It's been a crazy couple of weeks. We sold our house and bought another one last week. We are actually moving out of province across Canada and so we are really excited, but there's so much to do now. Also really hoping we don't have to move during a blizzard or -20 temps. 

Questions: 

GTKY: Which expression of affection makes you feel most loved? (Love languages… words of affirmation, gifts, acts of service, quality time, physical touch) I'd say probably affirmation and acts of service.
  • Loading the player...
  • Happy birthday @b_1029!! 

May 29 / 18+2
    FTM/STM/TTM+:
    TTM
    Upcoming Appointments:
    A/S on Jan. 10
    How are you feeling?:
    Like a hungry hungry hippo suddenly! 🤣
    Rants/Raves: 
    Rant: I hate taking down all the Xmas stuff and just feel too lazy to do so. Rave: There are legit people who have my conception date as their due date now and it feels nice being almost over the halfway hump!
    GTKY: Which expression of affection makes you feel most loved? (Love languages… words of affirmation, gifts, acts of service, quality time, physical touch) gifts. I’m a Leo. 🤷🏼‍♀️🤣

• jackdetroitjackdetroit member
    edited December 2021
    Est. Due Date / Weeks + Days: 5/9 - 21w1d

FTM/STM/TTM+: 4/5th TM

Upcoming Appointments: 1/5 Chiro, 1/11 OB, 1/27 growth scan @ MFM 

How are you feeling?: I'm feeling ok. Tired from the chaos of the holidays and achy but feel like I'm in the 2nd trimester sweet spot for now!

Rants/Raves: Rave: My mom & sister are going to throw a baby shower to get the doubles of things we need!
    Rant: MIL wants to come stay with us after babies are born but we don't get along so I don't want her here. My husband won't sack up and tell her not to come. 

Questions: none

GTKY: Which expression of affection makes you feel most loved? (Love languages… words of affirmation, gifts, acts of service, quality time, physical touch)
    Words of affirmation allllll day.

Married 11.12.11
    JB 08.02.13 
    EC 12.11.15
    GE 04.04.19
    #4 & #5 due 05.05.22
  • Est. Due Date / Weeks + Days: 18+4

FTM/STM/TTM+: Third time

Upcoming Appointments: Anatomy scan next week and 20 week appointment the week after.

How are you feeling?: Mostly good.  Had some annoying braxton hicks yesterday which felt so early so I'll have to talk with my OB about it next appointment. And I've just been super hungry/tired all the time.

Rants/Raves: School vacation week so both kids are home and with the COVID surge, we are trying to limit taking them indoors.  Staying away from the gym childcare for the next 2 weeks so its all mommy all day.  We do have a few outdoor playdates with school friends planned but those only last an hr at most.  Winter in new england...so cold!

GTKY: Which expression of affection makes you feel most loved? (Love languages… words of affirmation, gifts, acts of service, quality time, physical touch) - words of affirmation and quality time.  
  • Est. Due Date / Weeks + Days: 19 + 3

FTM/STM/TTM+: second 💗

Upcoming Appointments: yesterday was OB (everything was great) and Thursday is anatomy scan with the MFM (so ready for that appointment!)

How are you feeling?: good for the most part!  I do throw up if I smell anything bad. Though this has gotten me a pass from doing dishes so I’m not completely complaining about this. But certain foods or really any smell that my body says no to and im
    Gagging. 

I am having a harder time sleeping and getting back / hip pain at night now. Im not even halfway and I already cannot wait to sleep on my stomach again. I miss it SO much. 

Rants/Raves: I’ll be halfway Saturday!  The first 14 weeks drug by but now time feels like it’s going so quickly!  I’m slightly terrified of having a newborn again though. My oldest will be 9 when baby arrives and I remember NOTHING about a new baby. So hoping it all comes back quickly. 

Questions: 

GTKY: Which expression of affection makes you feel most loved? (Love languages… words of affirmation, gifts, acts of service, quality time, physical touch). All of them really I feel are equally split for me. I think as long as someone is genuinely trying to show affection I receive it well regardless of the expression. 
  • @fireflyz_56 where are you moving to?
  • Est. Due Date / Weeks + Days: 19 weeks 

FTM/STM/TTM+: second 

Upcoming Appointments: anatomy next week 

How are you feeling?: Good! Hungry. 

Rants/Raves: Rant, Christmas is over and winter is still here. Ugh. 

Questions: 

Words of Affirmation. Of course that one does not come naturally to DH 😂 I’ve had to lower my standards 
  • @annashaf we are moving to Alberta (I grew up there). If I remember correctly, you’re on the east coast, right? Fingers crossed it is not still a -50 wind chill in AB a month from now like they have had this week!
  • Est. Due Date / Weeks + Days: May 11/20+6

FTM/STM/TTM+:STM

Upcoming Appointments:1/25

How are you feeling?:Tired from the weekend.

Rants/Raves: Lots of rants sadly. Had AS today and baby just didn’t want to cooperate. The tech had me in all kinds of positions and still couldn’t get everything they needed (including gender) so have a follow up scan in 4 weeks. Also had to put down one of our family dogs this weekend due to cancer that was inoperable. She wouldn’t eat and barely moved for over two days and just wasn’t herself.

Questions: Anyone else have an uncooperative baby? I’m surprised they are making me wait another month for the scan since they also didn’t get a good image of the spine neither but maybe they are backed up with the holiday.

GTKY: Which expression of affection makes you feel most loved? (Love languages… words of affirmation, gifts, acts of service, quality time, physical touch) Would say acts of service and quality time.
  • @addsprinkles521 Ah, that’s frustrating that they’re pushing it a month out. My first was not wanting to cooperate at the AS and the tech made some digs about it to us. Something like “good luck with this kid…”. Rude! Doesn’t mean anything about your baby’s personality lol. S/he just didn’t know that today was picture day!
  • @brookejay06 haha I think I’ll use that one. They were too busy playing with their umbilical cord to take a picture :) was nice to see them moving and grooving in there and on the bright side we get to see them again cause of it (though not sure how much they charge for a second set and what ins will pay)
  • Happy Birthday, @b_1029!!!

So sorry to hear about your family dog @addsprinkles521 <3

Est. Due Date / Weeks + Days: 5/4, 21w6d

FTM/STM/TTM+: FTM

Upcoming Appointments: 1/6 for normal midwife appt

How are you feeling?: I feel really good! He's moving around a lot more and I feel like my hip pain has subsided (for now). 

Rants/Raves: It has been SO HARD to get our freaking countertops figured out. That is the last piece of our renovation to be figured out and it's frustrating to not have a move-in date because Lowes and the countertop installers don't know how to speak to each other. 

Questions: None

GTKY: Which expression of affection makes you feel most loved? (Love languages… words of affirmation, gifts, acts of service, quality time, physical touch) Word of affirmation is my number one followed closely by physical touch.
  • sph97sph97 member
    edited December 2021
    Est. Due Date / Weeks + Days: 21.2 weeks - May 10

FTM/STM/TTM+: FTM

Upcoming Appointments: 1/17 - finish my AS because baby boy was doing flips instead of letting the ultrasound tech measure his anatomy. 

How are you feeling?: Not bad, heart burn is daily but manageable. Feeling lots of baby kicks/movement!

Rants/Raves: Rave- I get an extra ultrasound to see my baby this trimester since he didn’t cooperate at my 20 week scan (we almost didn’t find out gender, the tech was so nice and really worked with us so we could announce on Christmas!)
    Rant- I have mild anxiety that something could be wrong but I’m just a worry wort and just have to remind myself he’s healthy and the doctor would tell me if there was any concerns. 

Questions: When should I start “kick counting?” They aren’t very strong but I notice more and more everyday!

Words of affirmation, acts of service, and quality time. This one stems from childhood, lol. My husband is wonderful, but terrible with words haha. He always uses actions to express his love, which I greatly appreciate and also love too, but sometimes I wanna hear it ya know? 🥴
  • sph97sph97 member
    edited December 2021
     @addsprinkles521 I had a similar experience! I was also scheduled a month out, pushing my glucose test out to 28 weeks so they can finish my AS at 24 weeks. We need more pictures of face (for cleft), heart, and brain. I do know he’s a he, and we have two little hands and feet! Also so sorry about your dog. I hope everything gets better for you, soon! 
  • @fireflyz_56 yes, I’m on the east coast - NS. Hopefully the weather cooperates! Such an unpredictable time of year!!
  • Had my anatomy test done. Have an appointment with OB next week. I’ve been feeling crazy crazy hungry… also I already feel like I’m 40 weeks pregnant I’m friggin huge already…I’m also tired all the time and back hurts all the time… other then all that I’m doing well. My estimated due date is may 27th… I think it might be sooner especially with twins. Currently I’m 18 weeks with twins. We went to hubbies mothers house for xmas dinner which was nice.

gtky: I love being cuddled by my hubby that’s how I know I’m safe and loved.

I probably totally messed this up but that’s my whole rant/whatever this week lol.
  • @sydneyannette53 I don’t think my OB has me start kick counts until like 28-32 weeks or something. I want to say 28 weeks because I feel like it’s most of the 3rd tri. I think it can be too sporadic before then! But definitely start noticing patterns so if something seems off even before kick counts start, you can reach out to your OB with any questions 
  • Est. Due Date / Weeks + Days: May 17 / 20+1

Upcoming Appointments: was just at the midwife this morning.

How are you feeling?: I'm feeling okay, digestion has been all over the place since starting iron supplements and Christmas. I posted on the symptoms thread but I had super bad heart burn which led to vomiting the next morning - it seems to have just been a one off. I got a lower dose of iron so we'll try that and hopefully I can get things back on track. Got the results of the anatomy scan and baby is looking good but I have an anterior placenta with a marginal cord (means it's on the side of my placenta instead of the centre). The concern with that is growth so we will have extra scans at 28 and 32 weeks, plus the extra scan at 36 weeks they recommend for previous c-section. I'm feeling okay about it, there doesn't really seem to be anything I can do. My last baby was 8lbs 3oz so as the midwife put it, maybe I'll just have a "normal size baby" this time  (I'm going to assume she meant average?)

Rants/Raves: rant: the midwife pissed me off with her word choice re: normal size and also when I mentioned being interested in looking into a post partum doula she was like "but you also have to ask yourself, do you really just need daycare". She is not my favorite midwife at the practice.. rave: DS's second brithday was yesterday and we had a lovely little gathering with his grandparents over. 

Questions: Anyone ever had a marginal cord before? Also, ideas for hip pain relief at night? Its getting brutal already.

GTKY: Which expression of affection makes you feel most loved? (Love languages… words of affirmation, gifts, acts of service, quality time, physical touch) Acts of service and quality time! 
  • @jandawg ughh she sounds like a real 💎. I wish I had advice for the hip pain, I’m starting to experience it too. 

• pajamstagramspajamstagrams member
    edited December 2021
    @jandawg do you use a pregnancy pillow at night, and do you have another one at your feet to prop up the top foot?  I added the second pillow recently and OMG night and day difference without it in terms of sciatica. 

Also wtf to your midwife! "Normal" is a relative term. Almost all the babies ever born on my side and DH's side are 8+ lb, so who is to say 8 lbs isn't normal for us?

ETA my stuff. I'm tired AF guys. 

Est. Due Date / Weeks + Days: 5/16, 20+2

FTM/STM/TTM+: stm

Upcoming Appointments: OB appt next week

How are you feeling?: It's nice to have some time off, but my family stays up way later than I do normally so I am tiredddd. 

Rants/Raves: rant: just dreading prepping DD's new room once the new year hits. We've been putting it off, but it's definitely time to fully clean it out and paint so she can move in by April. 

Questions: Nope

GTKY: Which expression of affection makes you feel most loved? (Love languages… words of affirmation, gifts, acts of service, quality time, physical touch)) quality time and acts of service! 
  • jackdetroitjackdetroit member
    edited December 2021
    @stephk2120 Another twin mom! I must have missed it somewhere! Hi!
    Married 11.12.11
    JB 08.02.13 
    EC 12.11.15
    GE 04.04.19
    #4 & #5 due 05.05.22
  • @pajamstagrams unfortunately I am already using the snoogle and the foot pillow. I find myself switching sides and last night had to finish the night with one hip propped up so I could stay on my back for awhile. 
  • @jandawg ugh sorry 😕 you could try a pillow behind your back and one under your belly as well, to make sure you're fully supported?? That's what I did at the end with DD. 
  • @b_1029 have the BH calmed down for you? I've noticed my BH are noticeable when I don't drink as much water. 

@fireflyz_56 oh wow! Congrats on the sale and purchase! pro tip: wrap all your kitchen in sheets, towels and linens. Saves on getting packing paper/bubble!

@MrsLaLaBug haha! Hungry Hippo! Thats definitely how I feel some days

@jackdetroit oh gosh. The though of family staying with me after birth gives me the big heck no. Can you tell her thats a no go if your hubs will not?

@third2022 I'm with you on the limiting kids indoor exposure. Minus her going school or to trusted homes, we are keeping her home with us. We don't have the NE weather but I understand.

@laketide having a newborn in the house will be like riding a bike. It will totally come back to @Kari Merks

@addsprinkles521 I'm so sorry about your family dog :( Hugs. 

@karisahamdi so exciting that you are on the home stretch the Reno before moving in! 

@jandawg ugh, that lady sounds like a peach. Can you request not to see her next time?

@pajamstagrams maybe once you get started on DDs room it will qo quickly and not seem like a task!

22w4d

Upcoming Appointments: 1/11

How are you feeling?: Good! Sleep is hit or miss at this point. Started to feel BH sporadically and little man is moving a lot! 

Rants/Raves: I'm not looking forward to taking down my Christmas decor. I feel like it takes longer to put away than put up. 

Questions: Not really.... 

GTKY: Which expression of affection makes you feel most loved? (Love languages… words of affirmation, gifts, acts of service, quality time, physical touch). Acts of service and words of affirmation! Those will win me over all day any day! 
  • @And846 not really :/ I was laying down yesterday and they were still going (I was definitely dehydrated though because shortly after I got an awful foot cramp). I keep trying to track frequency but lose focus haha. It makes me feel better to know others are experiencing them too. 

@pajamstagrams feel you on dreading a room project. You’ve got this! I also hate visiting with family who keep later hours 😆

@jandawg wtf to “normal” 😐 glad to hear there’s a plan in place to monitor everything! 

@sydneyannette53 I don’t remember doing any kick counts until close to 30 weeks last time. I don’t really remember though. 

Thanks for the birthday wishes! It was a good day. 
  • @And846 @b_1029 there's 3 midwives in the practice, and 2 of them are new to me this pregnancy - they rotate your appointments so you get to know them all. I think I'll have a new one next time.
  • @jandawg in terms of hip pain I literally switch positions between laying down and sitting it seems to help. So, if I’m laying down to long (doesn’t matter whether on my back or my sides) I’ll sit instead. It helps. Though it’s not much of a solution when you’re trying to sleep… haven’t found much relief for that yet unfortunately. Let me know if you do lol.
  • @pajamstagrams @MrsLaLaBug @stephk2120 I revisited my foot pillow situation and changed it for a thicker one (it's actually my regular memory foam head pillow) and I had NO HIP PAIN all night. Hopefully it wasn't a fluke. Thanks for the idea to revisit! 
  • @jandawg that’s awesome. Maybe I’ll try that. I didn’t sleep at all last night, I’m soooooo tired and sore.. :(
  • @jandawg yayyy!! 🙌🙌 Enjoy the sweet, sweet relief!