Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Weds. 12/29

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW (trigger warning) and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD: 

WAYDTGKU: 

R/R: 

CS/Q:

History
I am doing this on my own. Left ovary and fallopian tube removed due to cyst/necrosis just after birth. Right ovary and tube still purport to function.
Began TTC in Aug '18 @ age 35
5 or 6 (or 7?!) cycles using frozen donor sperm, ICI. All BFN
Mar-Jun '19 IUIs, all BFN
Began process of referral for RE in spring of '19, blood tests confirm low AMH (.54) but all else is good.
May '19 HSG shows open tube, but ultrasound suggests fibroids
MRI in June '19 confirms two large fibroids, one growing through wall of uterus
In June '19 I move from California to Oregon, disrupting my insurance, referrals, etc. 5 months spent piecing it all back together.
Nov. '19 attempted myomectomy (vaginal approach) failed. 2nd surgery using laparoscopic method in Jan '20 is successful.
April '20 --> June '20, natural IUIs, all BFN.
July? saline ultrasound and bubble test demonstrate open tube
July '20 clomid cycle cancelled for thin lining
Aug-Oct, 3 femara cycles, all BFN
RE referral. While waiting to set up an appointment Nov-Jan,I continue with natural cycles and ICI, using a known donor, BFN...
Jan '21 more bloodwork, AMH is worse (.30), FSH high albeit not catastrophic at 13.2. hysteroscopy all good. "looks cozy!" says the RE.
Feb '21, injectables (menopur, novarel), iui, BFN (doc said the frozen donor sperm sample had the "best numbers she'd ever seen!")
Mar '21, injectables, iui cancelled due to lack of follicles, converted to at home-insem. BFN
May '21, first IVF round cancelled due to cyst.
July '21 IVF: standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 7; 6 days of stims. 8 eggs retrieved, 7 mature, 5 fertilize, 4 made it to blast. 3 are 4AB, 1 is 4BB. PGT-A results all abnormal.
Oct '21 somewhat improved AMH (.51) and significantly improved FSH (8.9). Maybe it's all the pills I swallow.
Dec -21, standard antagonist. 225menupur/225gonal-f/cetrotide/5000u trigger, AFC 5; 11 days of stims. retrieval yields 5, 4M, 2 reach day-6 blast (4AB & 4BB). 1 low-level mosaic (chr. 3 deletion), 1 complex abnormal.
Feb '22 FET (low-level mosaic): CP.
May '22 egg retrieval, lupron flare protocol. HGH priming for 1 month before stims; md lupron 20/20u daily; menopur 225, follistim 225, 10k trigger after 8 days of stims; AFC 10; 13 retrieved; 10 mature; 8 fertilized. All frozen at 2PN for later thaw, grow, and biopsy.
July '22 egg retrieval same protocol: 9 days of stims; AFC 8; 10 retrieved, 8 mature, 4 fertilized and frozen.
Sept '22 ER same protocol: AFC 10; 12 retrieved, 11 mature, 11 fertilized.
From the 3 retrievals, 7 survived to day 5-6 blastocyst, from which I have 2 normal embryos!
Jan 20, Fully medicated FET, baby aspirin, dexamethasone, acupuncture, and as much woo as I can stand (which isn't very much). BFN.
July 23, Natural FET + baby aspirin. BFN.

Re: WTO Weds. 12/29

• Month/Cycle: 23/18/1AL

CD: 10

WAYDTGKU: everything and then some

R/R: still feeling vulnerable after my boxing day infertility share out and one of my friend's gauche responses. I  talked to my psychotherapist yesterday (I somehow managed to find one that specializes both in infertility and family estrangement... two things I'm dealing with atm) about it and she basically said that it might be time to cull that friendship. That resonated with me; I think we don't have much in common any more. The only reason we've stayed friends is that we've been friends for so long. But I just don't feel like I can be my true self around her. 

Anywhooooo. Today we're headed over to in-laws for self-hosted wine tasting (we brought some wines from CA with us from when we took my BIL and SIL to Napa/Sonoma 2 weeks ago). We're also celebrating BIL's upcoming 40th, and FIL's belated (2 years I think?) 70's. Should be a nice time! 

CS/Q: Nope. 

MY CHART
    TTC History
    TTC#2
    Me: 40.5; MH: 39 | Met 02/2009 | Started Dating 08/2017 | Married 02/02/2020
    TTC #2 ... preparing as of March 2024

TTC #1
    Me: 36, MH: 34 | Met 02/2009 | Started Dating 08/2017 | Married 02/02/2020
    TTC #1 02/2020 - 07/2022
    2009 | Dx PCOS; likely a misdiagnosis
    07/14/20 | Dx Hashimoto's Thyroditis
    07/21/20 | 1st RE appointment
    07/2120 - 08/20/20 | so much testing; no signs of PCOS
    08/20/20 | Dx Unexplained; AMA
    09/08/20 | IUI #1 Clomid + Trigger + Prometrium | BFN
    09/30/20 | Urology consult; more testing required
    10/2020 | Clomid + OPK + TI + Prometrium | BFN
    10/26/2020 | Starting 2nd IUI cycle, with Letrazole and with a new RE / different clinic
    11/03/2020 | New Dx "poor egg quality"; IUI cancelled in favor of Trigger + TI + Prometrium | BFN
    11/26/2020 | Combo IUI (Clomid + Menopur) + Trigger + Prometrium | BFN
    12/20/2020 | Combo IUI (Clomid + Gonal-F) + Trigger | IUI Cancelled due to thin lining; TI only | BFN
    01/14/2021 | Combo IUI (Letrazole + Menopur) + Trigger | BFN
    02/06/2021 | Switched to a new RE (TEW) ; trying naturally until we complete additional testing 
    03/14/2021 | Hybrid Double IUI, with Zymot (Letrazole, Gonal-F) + Trigger + Endometrin | Ovulated 4 mature eggs but still a BFN ☹️
    04/07/2021 | Natural cycle while we regroup | BFN
    04/09/2021 | Employer announces fertility benefits starting 05/01/2021! | Search for a new doctor who accepts insurance
    05/10/2021 | New RE consult & plan for IVF
    05/13/2021 | Mid-luteal IVF cycle #1 interrupted; had to get cancer genetic screening done to make sure I didn't have the same SDHA gene mutation as MH. 
    06/10/2021 | Aygestin priming IVF cycle #1; opted to Cx after 9 days of stims since only 5-6/12 follicles responded
    07/26/2021 | Attempt #2 at IVF cycle #1 (mid-luteal start): 8 retrieved, 8 MII, 6 fert (1 PN3), 3 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 3AA, 3AA, 6AB; 3 euploid
    08/09/2021 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC | Shockingly, a BFP! EDD: 5/25/202 | CP at 4w4d
    09/23/2021 | IVF cycle #2 (mid-luteal start): 14 retrieved, 13 MII, 11 fert, 5 Day 5 & 6 blasts: 2 x 3AA, 2 x 3AB, 3BB; 2 euploid
    11/12/2021 | IVF cycle #3 (mid-luteal start): cancelled due to ovaries being on vacation
    12/20/2021 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC + Pregmune Immunology Testing; BFN
    01/22/2022 | Rest cycle / unmedicated TTC + understanding uncovered immunological issues; BFN
    02/18/2022 | Mock transfer cycle! ERA, ReceptivaDx, EMMA/ALICE; start Prednisone to address NK activity
    03/16/2022 | Final, "Hail Mary" super-ovulation + TI cycle before FET; BFP! EDD: 12/21/2022 | MMC 05/08/2022
    05/20/2022 | D&C; recovering... 
    06/21/2022 | Trying naturally until October 2022
    07/21/2022 | BFP! EDD 04/02/2023; 👦🏼 born on 4/5/2023

• @acleverusername I'm sorry that you're still dealing with the fallout of your friend being hurtful and I'm glad that you have someone to talk to about it. Sending a hug. The wine tasting sounds like a great plan! I definitely miss having cases of wine in the pantry from the CA days. Have a wonderful family celebration!

Month/Cycle: 4/4

CD: 13

WAYDTGKU: BBT, OPK, etc

R/R: Well, we're all making the best of quarantine. I have a date for a remote game of Trivial Pursuit in an hour since there are so many of us in isolation all over the place. It's like lockdown all over again 😂 Luckily so far we are all pretty healthy given the situation. Also, got a positive OPK today so it looks like O should be today or tomorrow, meaning that Covid & the booster don't seem to have messed with my usual O too much (which is great because we maxed out our timing and I don't think we could last much longer :D). 

CS/Q: Not today; thanks again for all the replies yesterday!

• Loading the player...
  • Month/Cycle: Cycle 3 AL

CD: 14

WAYDTGKU: Stuff & Thangs

R/R: We are still recovering from this cold, and it messed with our sexy times on an important date in my fertile window. Blergh. It looks like O is today, so time for me to do four sit-ups and brush my hair. 

CS/Q:

@acleverusername It sounds like you got some good advice from your psychotherapist. I’m sorry you’re going through that. But your wine tasting sounds fun! I saw that you live in the SF area. My husband grew up in Atherton/Menlo Park. Not sure if you’ve heard of it. It’s a beautiful area, but sooooooo expensive. We could never afford to live there now. 

TTC History
    Me: 38 DH: 52
    Started trying June 2018
    BFP Jan 2019 DD born October 2019
    TTC July 2021 BFP, ended in MMC August 2021
    TTC October 2021
    BFP January 2022
    MMC March 2022
    Beginning May 2022 under the supervision of an RE - Benched while undergoing testing

• Month/Cycle: 1/1

CD: 10

WAYDTGKU: BBT, OPK, HIO EOD

R/R: Going out to dinner tonight with my teaching team! I can’t wait! We went out after school the last day before break and decided we needed to do it more often. It’s been a week and a half since I saw them last, so I’m excited to not just be sending snapchats and TikToks to each other 😂😂

CS/Q: none

@acleverusername I’m with your therapist… TW: MC mentioned 

When I went through my MC in 2019, I was very public about it. I still talk very openly in person and on SM about it. It has made me realize a lot of true friendships over friendships that had run their course. Hopefully you find peace in releasing those friendships and find some stronger friendships through your journey!

• @acleverusername sorry about the friendship, it's always hard to let those go. But it sounds like you have a fun time coming up!

@Paturkey glad you guys are able to enjoy yourselves remotely! It really does feel like the beginning of the pandemic all over again. I'm hoping that it keeps trending toward this common-cold-like thing and away from serious illness, and maybe we can get back to "normal" again soonish.

@elle-0409 sorry you're still feeling icky. I'm glad you were able to get in at least one sex session in time for O, though.

@ejoseph16 enjoy dinner tonight!

Month/Cycle: 14/13

CD: 15

WAYDTGKU: lots of things

R/R: still feeling blugh. MH was able to get tested this morning after waiting 3 hours in a driveup line. The rest of my family that I saw on Christmas plans to get tested tomorrow, so by the weekend we should know if I spread it at all. Hopefully they're all negative. Other than that, the plan for today is basically quilting and working on my internship application.

CS/Q: nothing interesting rn

• @paturkey Yay for a positive OPK!

@ejoseph16 I hope you had a nice dinner out. Sounds like fun!
    @fantasyflyte Sorry that you're still feeling yucky. I hope that you recover soon and that those tests come back negative.

TTC History
    Me: 38 DH: 52
    Started trying June 2018
    BFP Jan 2019 DD born October 2019
    TTC July 2021 BFP, ended in MMC August 2021
    TTC October 2021
    BFP January 2022
    MMC March 2022
    Beginning May 2022 under the supervision of an RE - Benched while undergoing testing