May 2022 Moms

Weekly randoms w/o 12.27

Re: Weekly randoms w/o 12.27

• Hey, y’all!

I’m looking for some kind of belly wrap or something for running. I’ve started showing and my belly likes to pop out of my leggings now. I have some extra weight too that makes me jiggle and swing side-to-side now while I run. It’s lovely. 

I got one of those ace-bandage-type ones from Amazon but it really doesn’t help (and it’s bulky and hot). I also tried the ones that just look like the bottom of a tight tank top. They’re great for wearing daily but not strong enough to stabilize my belly while I run. I finally bought a pair of maternity leggings and they’re just weird. Maybe they’ll fit better when I get bigger. 

Does anybody have any favorite maternity leggings or other solutions?

Thanks!!!
  • AZMED belly band off Amazon! It might be too much like what you have, but it's a lifesaver for me for normal everyday life once I hit 3rd trimester. 

Honestly I found running extremely uncomfortable after 10 weeks so no advice there. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @taylorharris0522 You might have to size up, but a pair of high waisted non-maternity leggings helps me feel a bit more secured in.  The maternity ones are still too big to help but the regular/low rise leggings slide down at this point.  I would find a pair that is high waisted to use for now, and you can use them again after a few weeks postpartum when everything feels jiggly too.

• Are you kidding me that signs of covid are fatigue and shortness of breath? Am I pregnant or do I have covid??!!??
  • LMAO @tacosandtums 😂😂😂

• @tacosandtums as someone who has had a mild cough and congestion for the past 30 years, this is how I’ve felt for the past 2 years now 😂😂
  • @taylorharris0522 try Cadenshae! Their classic leggings have excellent belly support. I use them for cardio and workouts. I use them postpartum too. The band is firm and stretchy. If you’re not too too big yet, you can fold down the band in half for extra support.
  • 😐 just got a message from daycare, which I knew couldn’t be a good sign at 9:30 pm. As suspected, they’re now closed thru Monday because a staff member tested positive for covid. Super pumped to pay full price for DD to attend one day this week (we were traveling yesterday). I am SO over this. 
    Also selfishly I was really looking forward to having the day off for my birthday and relaxing. Siiiiiike why would I ever have a nice day or even hours to myself?
  • @b_1029 that sucksssss I’m sorry!!!
  • I’m already in maternity leggings and jeans. But, last pregnancy I just wore size ups til I got bigger to fit into maternity leggings at this very same point last pregnancy.
  • I just realized it’s only like a couple more days until New Year’s and I’m super excited for our traditional foods. Bc I’m hungry like ALLLL the time right now. 😂😂😂

• Where my fellow Star Wars nerds at!?!?!? Book of Boba Fett came out todayyyyyyy!!! 

• stephk2120stephk2120 member
    edited December 2021
    @MrsLaLaBug I loooovvveee Star Wars. I totally watched the first episode of book of boba super excited about it! Also, I’m with ya on being hungry all the time! Christmas dinner I ate a whole turkey drumstick right off the bone hahaha… my hubbies mother and him look at me like I had five heads just sucking down a whole turkey drumstick like that. I’ve been eating so much that I am pretty sure I might be overeating but it’s hard not too with being so hungry all the time especially with twins.. so yes! Totally excited for New Year’s cause we are going to a friends party and there will definitely be food so I’ll be chowing down that night. Never thought I’d be so excited about food haha. Also, I don’t remember being this hungry when I was pregnant with my son. I mean I was hungry, but, not this hungry. I wake up and feel like I haven’t eaten in months I require such a big breakfast now then I used too.

• These are my 18 week twin bump photos btw 💜
  • I mean, is it even DECEMBER??? 😂🤦🏼‍♀️

• @MrsLaLaBug it’s 83 where I live according to my phone. So, yeah I’d agree it’s hot as heck outside! Lol.
  • @stephk2120 yep! I’m in Southeast Louisiana so we probably have pretty much the same weather. It finally supposed to get cold after this weekend though!! 

• @mrslalabug @stephk2120 meanwhile on the west coast of Canada it's nothing but snow fall warnings - I thought I lived in a rainforest!
  • @jandawg I hate the snow. I grew up in New York where we had lots of it. Florida has the palm trees and beaches. I love me my palm trees. I’m not a big fan of the parks cause I hate the traffic they cause… But, I do love the area and I do feel very safe here. Hubby and I moved down here after we had our son, he got a job driving for Schneider so that plus cost of living in Florida made a lot of sense. Though now that we are looking into buying a house so that changes a lot in terms of cost of living..
  • fireflyz_56fireflyz_56 member
    edited December 2021
    Those temperatures look so nice to me. 😁 I feel like it’s a bit mild in our area for this time of year but we might have freezing rain overnight tonight. Just hope it melts fast/isn’t too bad.

edited to add… these are in Celsius.

• Super jealous of those warm temps!  Our high today was 35 F.  I wish I lived in a warmer area but our family is all here.
  • I can’t remember…is anyone here in CO by the fires out there? 
  • @MrsLaLaBug do you also have a FIFTY DEGREE drop in temperature on new years day? We're currently with my family a couple hours from home, but both here and where I live go from approx 80 to 30 throughout the day tomorrow.😖
  • @pajamstagrams YES!!! Talk about bipolar weather. So like 80’s here today and tomorrow morning then by late afternoon down to the 40’s and then below freezing overnight… wind chills in the 20’s they are saying. Sending the kids back to school Monday morning is going to be interesting. 

• @pajamstagrams They’re calling for warm weather here. In the 80’s next couple days. Then 60’s and 70’s rest of the week. It doesn’t seem too bad here. But, 60’s is chilly here still. When my son was going to daycare before the holidays it was pretty chilly in the mornings when I brought him. Right now he’s enjoying no daycare lol and he’s been loving bugging me 🤣
  • RIP Betty White. So sad. 

• @MrsLaLaBug ommmmmgggg I knoooowww it’s so sad… 😞
  • @MrsLaLaBug my sister called to see if I was ok. I didn’t know yet so she sent me the tmz article and I was just praying it was fake. I was sure she would make it to a 100. 🙁
  • I was certain she would celebrate 100
  • Happy New Year ladies! What did everyone eat/do for new years?  Takeout pizza, oreos and fireworks show from the safety and warmth of our car  over here.  :D
    edited January 2022
    @third2022 We were at a small gathering but I felt pretty Ill so we went home. Laying down now cuddled under the blankets with hubby probably relax and watch the ball drop and then hopefully I can get some sleep. Felt horrible earlier I snapped on hubby a lot today for no apparent reason, just everything he did was annoying me things I’m used to him doing. I was so irritable today. I didn’t socialize much during the little gathering we had, which usually I’m very chatty. Otherwise it was nice, the food was good, though I’m still hungry 😂 

How about y’all? Also, Happy New Years ladies 💜
  • Plans with friends were cancelled but at least we are gonna eat chocolate mousse ♥️ happy new year folks 
  • DH’s parents has the tradition of doing fondue for nye (cheese, oil, and chocolate ha) so we went over to their house for that. My SIL was going to a bar afterwards and that just sounded horrible 😆
    happy New Year! The year we will meet our babies ❤️
  • We had Mexican and watched Book of Boba Fett. I’m laying in bed watching Golden Girls. 💛

• It was my friends 30th so she had a small gathering! Lots of sparkling cider and stuffed breads. 
  • Happy new year friends! Everyone in my house (not me luckily!!) had a stomach bug so all plans were canceled. We had cinnamon rolls and sparkling cider for breakfast today. 

On the weather- it’s been 40s and raining all week.. So we have been hunkering in the basement. DD has been trying her new roller skates and DS keeps making the same mess over and over again.
  • To all fellow HP nerds… have the Kleenex ready if you watch the reunion!!! So many laughs and tears! 

edited January 2022
    @MrsLaLaBug I love HP, though I haven’t seen the reunion yet.. :(

My sister says she is boycotting the reunion cause of JK Rowling being not so friendly towards the transgender community, though I think that’s a bit extreme lol.
  • @MrsLaLaBug ah can't wait to watch tonight!!!