July 2022 Moms
Options

Holiday GTKY

I thought this could be fun! Idk if all of us celebrate Christmas, but whatever you celebrate please participate! Whenever the celebration was/is. 

1) What was your favorite/least favorite present to receive this year? 

2) What was your favorite/least favorite present to give? 

3) What was the best/worst food at the table? 

4) Did you get any awesome compliments/bad comments about the pregnancy? 

5) What are you most looking forward to at next years holidays with a six(ish) month old? 
Hubby and Me
Friends since 2008
Started dating: July 1st, 2013
Engaged: July 1st, 2014
Married: July 1st, 2016
R born: July 8th, 2017
N born: June 30th, 2019
Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
(maybe I only ovulate in October XD)

Re: Holiday GTKY

• Options
    1) What was your favorite/least favorite present to receive this year? My fav present was my new beautiful baby carrier my mom sent me. It’s my dream carrier and I am thrilled. Closely followed by the thoughtful book my husband got me.
    My least favorite present was a sticker 🤣 My FIL and stepmother in law do not like me, despite them attempting to convince everyone that I just don’t like them for no reason. Long story short, they’ve always treated me like garbage. Anyways, this year took a turn into the petty. My husband got a beautiful card addressed just to him. We got a “family” card addressed to everyone. And I got a sticker that was meant to be put on a box to mark who the present was for telling me merry Christmas. Everyone else got presents. I did not. My husband thinks it’s hysterical. I can’t even get mad at this point. If anything it’s in my favor because when we told the rest of his family they were speechless. Maybe this will finally convince them that they really do treat me like crap. 

2) What was your favorite/least favorite present to give? This is hard and I wrote it 🤣 I love giving presents and I work really hard to make them all perfect so I kind of love everything I gave. Especially the kids because they just loved it all. 
    My least favorite was the little stuffed Dino I gave to my oldest. He still loves it, but I was trying to find him a Pikachu to match his brothers rainbow puppy, but it was Christmas Eve by the time I was shopping and I was getting exhausted and sick and I couldn’t go to any more stores. So we settled for a dino. 

3) What was the best/worst food at the table? Food did not go as planned. I was starving yesterday but of course what we had planned (left over pizza and seafood Thai) was not working. So we ended up going out and I got a delicious chicken avocado wrap! The first half was awesome. The second half, they ended up getting some of the sauce I asked them to not put on, on it. And it just ruined it. (Lactose intolerant, it was ranch dressing). I just didn’t want to risk setting anything off, so I didn’t eat the second half.  I didn’t end up doing our planned dinner either. I had a bagel and mashed potatoes for dinner. 

4) Did you get any awesome compliments/bad comments about the pregnancy? It was nice to video chat with some of my extended family and get congrats on the baby from them! I didn’t expect to “see” them but they were at my moms when I called. 

5) What are you most looking forward to at next years holidays with a six(ish) month old? I’m so excited for the wrapping paper excitement 🤣 Both my kids have loved just rolling/scooting all over the floor chasing the wrapping paper and the pretty lights at that age. Since this baby will be the same age too, I’m expecting a similar experience. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • Options
    @tuxielove93 OMG!! I cannot believe your in laws!! It’s good his family is recognizing it too. And your in laws probably don’t realize your kids will pick up on this too eventually. 

Least favorite- some wipe thing my husband got for my car. 🤷‍♀️ a regular pack of wipes works just fine for me.

Favorite- a cake stand

I liked giving all of my presents but most of all was getting my daughter exactly what she asked for and keeping the magic alive. (It was a crystal pixie flyer thing… that already had a wing break off)

Best- veggies!
    Worst- prime rib 😢

We told our daughters yesterday. My 2yo doesn’t get it yet and my 5yo told us thank you! 🥺

5) What are you most looking forward to at next years holidays with a six(ish) month old? 
    Sleeping through the night (hopefully). Both of my daughters were 1 and 2 months old at Christmas, so I think it will be great to have a baby that will hopefully be sleeping through the night and maybe able to sit up and play with wrapping paper.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I thought this could be fun! Idk if all of us celebrate Christmas, but whatever you celebrate please participate! Whenever the celebration was/is. 

My sister in law got me a heated jacket and a mug that said "thank you for being my sister in law. If I had a different sister in law, I'd punch her in the face and go find you." 😂 That's my fave (in the sense of physical presents received on the holiday) so far. Have yet to do xmas with my family. No gift can compare to the one I've gotten my parents though which is that they have been footing the majority of the bill for our gestational carrier journey. I don't really like complaining much about gifts because even the seemingly "bad" ones were given out of love. I do have one gripe though which is that my MIL always gives me clothes for Christmas and they are gorgeous but never the right size. She insists getting me clothes that are one or two sizes larger than my actual size when she knows I am the same size as her (as he knows this because she has given me her hand-me-downs and I wear them). So I'm usually left altering the clothes or getting creative so they look nice and not like bags on me.

I love giving presents!!!! So far my favorite present to have given was a scarf I made for one of my instructional assistants. I knitted her a reversible cowl with dragonflies (her favourite) and she was so in awe and fawned over it so much. She was showing it off to everyone! I knitted scarves for both IAs but her reaction was my fave. I also made her little doll clothes for her to give to her granddaughter for her birthday. She wanted to pay me but I did it in exchange for homemade bath bombs. She said "you have no idea how much this means to me". It's those reactions that make me love gift giving!

Haven't done Christmas with my family yet but so far it's been my MILs stuffing which my SIL made this year.

My husband's family refuses to talk about it. They keep saying they don't want to be hopeful 🙄. My SIL has been super positive and excited with me though.

Simply finally having a living child to spoil the crap out of!
  • Options
    1) What was your favorite/least favorite present to receive this year? My mom got me some cute signs for the bathrooms in our new house. We’ve been spending so much on other stuff that I feel guilty spending any on home decor, so it was nice to know we’ll have a couple of rooms decorated 

2) What was your favorite/least favorite present to give? All of the gifts for my kids.

3) What was the best/worst food at the table? My mom’s stuffing balls are the best 🤤 

4) Did you get any awesome compliments/bad comments about the pregnancy? Nope

5) What are you most looking forward to at next years holidays with a six(ish) month old? Even more Christmas magic ✨ 
  • Options
    1) What was your favorite/least favorite present to receive this year? DH actually listened to things I’ve mentioned before and got me a Kendra Scott necklace and earrings, I talk about how I want one but never actually get one because I don’t like spending money on myself. I didn’t give him a list of any kind this year so I was pleasantly surprised as he doesn’t have the best track record lol

I guess least favorite would be that SIL said she forgot to bring my present and would mail it to us as we live about 6 hours away from them. Either way I appreciate any gift someone gets because *most* of the time it’s thoughtful

I didnt have a least favorite but my favorite was DD/DS finally getting their Nintendo switch, they’ve been asked for about a year and a half but I didn’t want to commit to them having their own video game system. We pulled the trigger this year and they were both so excited! 

3) What was the best/worst food at the table? My mom made hashbrown casserole which is one of my all time favorites. Least favorite was the Taco Bell I door dashed on Christmas Eve, I’ve been trying wanting it for weeks and finally gave in and it did not hit the spot I thought it would. 

4) Did you get any awesome compliments/bad comments about the pregnancy? My family is all excited, DHs family we always get at least one “y’all haven’t figured out how to stop that from happening yet” comments. I just eye roll hard and keep moving. They don’t have much of a relationship with DD/DS so I am unconcerned with how many kids they think is too many. 

5) What are you most looking forward to at next years holidays with a six(ish) month old? dad/DS sharing the excitement of Christmas with the baby, they are so excited for a new sibling and they love their baby cousin so I’m excited to watch them all together. 
  • Options
    1) What was your favorite/least favorite present to receive this year? My favorite gift to receive was probably a painting of the house I grew up in. My mother is getting ready to have to sell it. If I had to pick a least favorite, it would probably be a coffee cup that I got. We just moved and donated dozens of coffee cups. 

2) What was your favorite/least favorite present to give? My favorite gift(s) to give were the baby announcements. She will be the first grandchild in both my family and my husband's family. So there was much excitement (and a few happy tears). I don't really have a least favorite gift to give. 

3) What was the best/worst food at the table? I love baked brie and my sister decided we would have it this year. Unfortunately, baby didn't like the texture of it. :( 

4) Did you get any awesome compliments/bad comments about the pregnancy? Most of the people we told were thrilled. My sister "Oh thank god. Now I don't have to have one yet. I'm so not ready, but was going to take one for the team."

5) What are you most looking forward to at next year's holidays with a six(ish) month old? Baby cuddles. She will be big enough that she can interact and is cute. Also being able to have a glass of champagne (really missed out on that this year.)
  • Options
    1) What was your favorite/least favorite present to receive this year? One of my favorite gifts has a pretty funny story with it. A couple weeks ago I added "Ugg style boots" to my list because I wanted a new pair of boots with the sherpa kind of lining for when it's super extra cold. My current boots are I think well over 5 years old at this point. Turns out my mom had bought them weeks prior to me adding them to the list because she had gone shopping with my sister and she wanted them. My least favorite was a pair of meat shredding claws because I already have a set :| it was definitely not something I had on my wish list.

2) What was your favorite/least favorite present to give? The favorite to give was obviously the gift of announcing our pregnancy to immediate family! My family screamed and cried. DH's family did nothing more than like a small gasp and a smile looking at the ultrasound photo. Least favorite to give was the gift cards we got my brother. He lives in AZ and has to fly home for Christmas. And while he does have a separate suitcase he brings for all the new gifts, I always default to just getting him gift cards because it's not going to take up space or be too big that it needs to be shipped to his place.

3) What was the best/worst food at the table? NGL I don't think I liked much of the food I had for Christmas this year lol. The mostaccioli was alright but not something I'd die for. I'm always a fan of the stuffed mushrooms. I guess that was my favorite. The worst food was the breakfast at my ILs for Christmas morning. It was eggs benedict (or scrambled eggs for me!), hash browns, and toast. Now hash browns are my absolute favorite form of potato pretty much and they were done well ahead of the eggs so they were cold by the time we ate so I was very disappointed. They were also some garlic and onion flavor variety when I'd rather have like peppers and onions as added flavor. Just sadly disappointing.

4) Did you get any awesome compliments/bad comments about the pregnancy? My parents are so happy for us. My sister is mad we didn't wait a week and get the NIPT results first to know the gender when we announced :D sorry sis. Did not enjoy hearing my future BIL say "I'm so happy for you guys" in a weird, kind of fake sounding way at least 3 times. Maybe it weirds me out because it'll be randomly said to us and not part of the conversation we're having? Idk. We've never cared for the guy. He doesn't come off as genuine.

5) What are you most looking forward to at next years holidays with a six(ish) month old? Finally having a LO to hold for our family photos! And maybe having an easier time with gift ideas because lots will be for the baby
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • Options

My husband bought me the homeschool coffee mugs I've been wanting! My least favorite were the 3,000 chicken things from my extended family. We have chickens, but I don't need chicken decor anywhere. 

I loved giving our 8 month old her presents, she adored her stuffed animal deer and I think she thought it was real, I guess that happens when you have a ton of real animals. She loves her little wagon and stacking cups too, she didn't get that it was Christmas, but loves her toys. The 9 year old loved her presents, her favorite thing happened to be LED lights for her room, so a little different to shop for than the 8 month old. 

My least favorite was presents at my extended family's Christmas, they all go overboard and we honestly didn't get anyone a whole lot. There are 13 of us and I hate buying gifts for that many people, so we made homemade gifts. 

We always go all out as an extended family, but this year they just had ham sandwiches and several pasta salads. I hate pasta salad, so I had a ham sandwich and some chips and grabbed a burger on the way home. 
     Loved making our own cheesey potatoes for our little Christmas Eve dinner at home, and on Christmas day we had frozen pizzas at the neighbors which still beats pasta salad. 😂

My sister sobbed, and her husband who was taking a picture stopped taking pictures because he started crying too. We had waited until the whole family was there to tell my sister, and then we turned around and everyone was gone, so my sister ran around with the ultrasound picture crying and everyone was freaking out wondering who was pregnant. It was so ridiculous. 

Next year will probably be chaos 6 months old and a 20 month old, I'm looking forward to some really cute pictures.