Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Covid vaccine during pregnancy

Hi ladies! Congratulations to all new moms out there! I wanted to ask your opinion on Covid vaccines during pregnancy. Just wanted to hear it from the ladies who already had the babies. Did you have Covid vaccine during pregnancy? If so on what week of pregnancy. Did u have any adverse affects of the vaccine? I m at 12 weeks and paranoid to take it. I m being forced by my employer to take it even though I work from home. If I don’t take it I will lose my job and my health insurance and I really need that one being pregnant. My worry is the long term affect on the baby. The CDC site states it is safe but they do have a disclosure to protect their ass that says the safety data on pregnant is limited. I really would appreciate any feedback you can share. The risk of me getting Covid is low since I m home practically most of the time. Thank you in advance! 

Re: Covid vaccine during pregnancy

• I got my covid vaccine while pregnant… I can’t remember exactly what week I got it but I was in my second trimester. Baby was born 3 weeks early due to me having high blood pressure but he’s perfectly healthy. I had no issues with him while pregnant either. I’m home pretty much 24/7 as well but I chose to get it bc of the higher risks Covid can cause pregnant women. Neither of us have had any adverse side effects.
  • I had my first dose of Pfizer after 12weeks & the second dose 9 weeks later. My symptoms were just a sore arm & fatigue for 2 days, which means the vaccine & my body were doing its job 👍.
    I had a normal, low risk pregnancy & delivery. Healthy baby was born at 40w+4d. I'm considering the booster shot as it will be the first line of defence against the Omicron variant; my parents & in-laws are both elderly & retired, I often see them as they are my village in helping during the newborn phase :)
  • Loading the player...
  • I got the second moderna shot and the moderna booster while pregnant. I didn't have any bad side effects but I did end up getting covid anyways. I went into labor two days after testing positive at 37 weeks. I did have my previous child at 36 weeks though, so I don't think covid or the vaccines attributed to that... My baby came out testing negative for COVID though. Everyone else in my household got COVID besides the baby. 
  • emilyb153emilyb153 member
    edited December 2021
    I just got my booster at 30 wks pregnant. I took Tylenol immediately after and every 4 hours after that. I had mild aches and my arm hurt. My sister works in an OB office and they’ve had to totally change protocols because they are seeing really bad events related to unvaccinated women and covid. They are highly recommending the vaccine and even thanked me for getting mine. Best of luck! 
  • edited December 2021
    I got my first covid19 vaccine a little before I was pregnant and asked if it was alright to take my second one from my doctor. He said that I should so I went ahead and took it and I was about 6 to 8 weeks pregnant. Baby is going in his 3rd month and is healthy so far. During pregnancy, we had a covid19 incident where my husband tested positive for covid19 with mild to no symptoms, and I tested negative. There was another time where baby was about a couple weeks old where my husband was in very close contact with a covid19 positive person, but he tested negative. So far we have have been fortunate. 
  • It is your personal decision and of course talk it over with your doctor. I was advised to take it due to my medical history. It is okay to ask others opinions but very will tell you hype and rhetoric. So what is comfortable for you and safe. 
  • Any reports of increased risk of stillbirth or miscarriages are unfounded. One of the links someone posted is literally just saying an "informant" made some claims. That's hardly proof. Everything is a risk, it's just a matter of what you consider to be a bigger risk. You could have a routine surgery and something could go wrong, but does the risk outweigh the benefit of that surgery? I got the vaccine at 5w and 9w. I had a perfectly healthy pregnancy and have a perfectly healthy baby boy. The risk of losing my baby to covid complications was the higher risk in my personal opinion. I would do it again in a heartbeat.
  • babymama227babymama227 Just Joined
    I got the vaccine at 15ish weeks. I was extremely nervous about it and honestly didn’t plan on getting it. I had already had Covid a year prior. My midwife told me that the risks of me getting sick again and ending up in the hospital was way higher than the risk of something happening after getting the vaccine. That was what changed my mind. After that OB appointment I went and got my first dose. Then followed up with my second. I was perfectly fine. My baby was born 4 weeks early just because he was ready to come out. We had absolutely no complications. I would talk with your Dr and tell them your concerns.
  • It’s totally a personal decision for sure! Personally I wouldn’t get it because I’ve already had covid twice and it was never a big deal/very intense of a sickness at all. If you have preexisting conditions and more difficulty with your health, then obviously it might be worth considering. But I’ve also heard of an increase in still births. Which is literally the most heart breaking thing that I would never want to risk and would much rather gain natural immunity by beating a sickness. Good luck!!
  • I read a million of these opinions before I sat down and had an honest discussion with my Dr. I'm a very very high anxiety person and I went back and forth on what I wanted to do. My Dr. Recommended the phizer vac in my 3rd trimester. Baby is developed and will benefit from antibodies when they are born. I was very worried at the time about getting covid during our hospital stay. My husband and I had a sit down chat, weighed our pros and cons and voiced our concerns. My baby was born absolutely healthy and I feel I made the best decision for us. Do what your heart feels right and if it's right for you then you can't go wrong with either decision you just need to feel at peace with what you choose. That's how I know i did what was best because I didn't second guess myself after but it took a long time, research, talking to others and talking to my Dr and husband. No one can make the right decision for you or your baby, just you.
  • Hi Ladies,

I actually created a new thread myself related to this as I didn’t read this one….I had all three of my vaccines during pregnancy. I then had my baby the end of February and was discharged from hospital with what I thought was a perfectly healthy baby. After a few days he became constipated and not feeding well which the midwife put down to him having jaundice. He was back in hospital at 7 days old and he died at 12 days old from a condition called cardiomyopathy. It is very rare in newborns and test results have shown that they believe it to be brought on by a virus called Enterovirus. It’s basically the common cold to us. 

After discussing the fact I had the vaccines during pregnancy the cardiologist has said they have seen a rise in cases in enterovirus in new borns in the past year but they do not know as of yet if it is related to Covid.

I can’t help but wonder if this has happened due to me having the vaccine whilst pregnant. 

If anyone has heard of a similar story please do let me know.

Thanks 
  • ksafarksafar member
    My personal experience is this:

I got Covid over Christmas into the new year and it was pretty rough the first 48 hours. I got the first dose of the Moderna vaccine at 24 weeks and I felt even more sick than when I had Covid, but its symptoms lasted less time. Got the second dose at 28 weeks and had mild symptoms. I was told because I had Covid I was possibly a high risk pregnancy. I got pretty sick twice after having the vaccines and Covid —I had the stomach flu and then a bad sinus infection. I was admitted into the hospital around 35 weeks and 5 days and diagnosed with gestational hypertension, and I had lost my mucus plug two days prior. Three days later at 36 weeks and 3 days I had PPROM & mild contractions. Wasn’t induced on pitocin until late that night and in the afternoon I had my daughter at 36 weeks and 4 days. She was 5lb 9oz and 19.5 in. She spent five days in the NICU with TTN and monitoring her bilirubin and eating. She’s now five weeks old and doing very well. No long term issues from my pregnancy complications and no concerns with her growth since she was born, as of now. She weighs 7 lb 7oz now.