July 2022 Moms

How To Tell Siblings?

This will be baby #3 for us. Big sisters are 7 and 5 and I know they're gonna lose their tiny minds when we tell them. :) 

Any cute ideas for a baby reveal for them? I'm planning to wait until we see a heartbeat on ultrasound. Currently 6w4d

Re: How To Tell Siblings?

• I seen one family wrap up the ultrasound picture and put it under the tree as a Christmas present and had their girls open it, telling them on Christmas Day.  If you could wait that long lol. 

I’m waiting until I’m well into my second trimester before telling my 3 yr old because he will share with everyone he sees, strangers included 😂
  • I've been thinking about this constantly haha. Our almost 5 year old can't keep his mouth shut 😂. We "have" to tell our families at Christmas (because I'm a big craft beer person and they will be very confused that I'm not having any) and I'm trying to decide whether to tell DS like an hour before or not haha. If not, he will find out when we tell MHs side of the family first 
  • Loading the player...
  • @jellie603 we’re probably going to tell our families on Christmas by wrapping up a picture for them, and we’re also debating on when to tell DD (4.5 years old). I don’t want to do it at the same time because they’ll understand it faster than she will, and I want to be able to really see her reaction. But we can’t tell her too early because loose lips sink ships  :D So I’m thinking we’ll tell her a few minutes before the rest of them and let her give them the present. I *hope* she can keep a secret for 5 minutes…!
  • @L1C4gal same boat here haha! We will probably end up doing something similar. Or Christmas morning before we leave to see family 
  • We took them for a ride (so they’d be focused on us) and just explained as best we could . 4 and 2 so I didn’t think they’d really understand anything more than just us telling them. I told them pretty soon because I wanted them to understand why mama was suddenly so sick and tired. Even though we also told our family quickly, my youngest almost gave me away. He likes to run over and rub my belly and say “sister sister” and he started doing it when I was on the phone with my mom. 

I’m still not sure if they fully grasp the situation. But it’s definitely more than with my second pregnancy. My oldest was only 15ms and definitely didn’t have a clue until his baby brother was suddenly in my arms at the hospital 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • I told my oldest this time while we were pretending taking a picture, but actually took a video. We said "Say mommy's pregnant" and she was definitely shocked, and then she walked across the room to sit in a chair and process. 😂 She was an only child for almost 9 years and now has an almost 7 month old sister and hopefully another sibling on the way. It's a lot lol. 
  • I told my oldest this time while we were pretending taking a picture, but actually took a video. We said "Say mommy's pregnant" and she was definitely shocked, and then she walked across the room to sit in a chair and process. 😂 She was an only child for almost 9 years and now has an almost 7 month old sister and hopefully another sibling on the way. It's a lot lol. 
    That's so cute! I love the reveals where you do that with a group. I never thought about doing it with a kiddo.
    34 year old mama of a 4 year old girl.
    1st birth through years of trying and the wonder drug letrozole.
    Second a great surprise.

• I'm having a hard time deciding when to tell our 4 year old. We've talked to her about us wanting to have another kid one day, so we won't have to explain anything just give her the news. I know I want to see the heartbeat first, but I'm not sure if I want to wait until I'm showing to give her the news. Decisions are hard!!!
    Second a great surprise.

• Haven’t decided yet how we’ll tell my kids. Probably just sit them down and ask them if they notice mommy’s belly has gotten bigger and if they remember what that meant the last time when I was pregnant with my 3rd.

I told my oldest about his siblings the same way and recorded it and it was honestly so cute. 

Whatever you do, highly suggest filming it! 😍

I’m definitely waiting until my 1st ultrasound and may wait until some initial genetic testing just to make sure things are looking good before I tell them but they’re also watching me be pretty sick with morning sickness so may just tell them after my ultrasound next week so they understand why mommy is sick. 
  • Our 6 year old is learning to read so I wrote, “We are going to have a baby,” and we had him read it to us. It was super cute to watch it slowly sink in as he understood what it meant. 
    Oh I love this idea! Might steal it with my son to read to his sisters! 😍😍😍
  • I had to take my 3.5 y/o with me to my blood draw hcg appointment. He asked why they were taking my blood and I told him to see if we were gonna have a baby. Since then he's asked a few questions like when is the baby gonna be here and when is my belly going to get big, so he understands. He has been asking for a silbling for a little over a year now.
  • My 2.5 year old somehow knew before I did. She walked up to me during a virtual meeting and asked me if her baby sister was really in my belly 😂 anyway, because she likes to follow me everywhere in the morning, she was in the bathroom when I took the test and I told her. She responded as if it wasn't news and she already knew it😄...my husband told me this evening that she told her daycare teacher 😫 I hope she's doesn't tell anyone else because we're not ready to share our news just yet. 
  • My daughter is almost 13 so we found her a card on Etsy at the top it says 'The only thing better than having you as our daughter' and then there was a scratch off heart once scratched off it says 'is our baby having you as a big sister.' It is super cute.. 
  • I was talking to my 4 year old about putting a bunk bed in her room. A month ago we talked about it when we were talking about giving up her playroom for a future sibling. She straight up said "mama, I want a bunk bed, but I've decided I don't want a sibling" I asked her why and she said "there's a chance it could be a boy". 😄 So now I'm trying to run damage control and get her excited before announcing it... but also I feel like it's 100% going to be a boy just because she only wants a sister. 
    Second a great surprise.

• @moreamoozzarella My son was 3 when I got pregnant. He cried when he found out he was having a brother 😂 He got over it pretty quickly 
  • @moreamoozzarella My son was 3 when I got pregnant. He cried when he found out he was having a brother 😂 He got over it pretty quickly 
    That makes me feel a little better. haha
    Second a great surprise.

• We haven’t figured out what we are going to say or do, but it won’t be until we are in a “safer” zone of this pregnancy. They have not known about our previous losses even when our support network has. 

We definitely won’t be telling them until we are ready to have everyone know, because they can’t keep a secret! 

BFP #1: 4/2/12 -- DD born 12/15/12. BFP #2: 4/1/14 -- CP. BFP #3: 4/28/14 -- EDD 1/10/15

Jan 15  NOV siggy challenge: 

• @moreamoozzarella My youngest is CONVINCED it’s a sister and not a brother. He does not want a brother. 
    Not sure how he’s going to react if he doesn’t get what he wants 🤣
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • @tuxielove93😂 I can't wait till we both find out and see if they were right. 
    Second a great surprise.

• We told my daughter by using the Elf on the Shelf (we only use it the week of Christmas; mama got no time for that) and the elf told her she’s going to have a sister via cupcake in a cup with pink frosting inside! Total hit and she tells anyone she meets 
  • @elmann1 that’s so cute! How old is she?

BFP #1: 4/2/12 -- DD born 12/15/12. BFP #2: 4/1/14 -- CP. BFP #3: 4/28/14 -- EDD 1/10/15

• @letsgox Thanks! She’s 6! A proper big sister and is still a believer of Christmas 🥺 
  • @elmann1 that’s awesome! How magical for her!