Options

Weekly check in - week of 12/20

Est. Due Date / Weeks + Days:

FTM/STM/TTM+:

Upcoming Appointments:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: 

GTKY: what is your favorite home cooked meal? 

Re: Weekly check in - week of 12/20

• Options
    Est. Due Date / Weeks + Days: May 28th, 17 weeks 2 days

FTM/STM/TTM+: STM

Upcoming Appointments: Anatomy scan in January

How are you feeling?: Overall pretty good, I’m definitely growing a baby bump now.

Rants/Raves: My rave is I’m pretty sure I could feel this little bean last night. It was very faint but consistently in the same spot.

Questions: None

Probably soup or stew… it’s so good with bread or dumplings.
  • Options
    Est. Due Date / Weeks + Days:May 11/19+5

FTM/STM/TTM+:STM

Upcoming Appointments:28th

How are you feeling?:pregnancy wise fine some more heartburn if I eat too late but nothing to bad.

Rants/Raves: my MIL is obsessed with my DD bowel habits (she has a lazy bowel and doesn’t go too often) she again complain to DH and I that we need to do something ASAP because it’s not good for a child yet we’ve told the pediatricians multiple times and they never seem concerned.

Questions: not right now.

GTKY: what is your favorite home cooked meal?  DH’s toasted ravioli and garlic stick.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Est. Due Date / Weeks + Days: 5/23, 18w

FTM/STM/TTM+: TTM

Upcoming Appointments: Anatomy scan next week

How are you feeling?: Better, but still taking meds for nausea most days. I’m getting a little nervous for the scan and just hope everything is normal

Rants/Raves: Even though it’s busy, I love Christmas and family time 

Questions: 

GTKY: what is your favorite home cooked meal? Probably a good grilled steak, or ham with cheesy potatoes 
  • Options
    Est. Due Date / Weeks + Days: 5/7, 20+3

FTM/STM/TTM+: 4thTM

Upcoming Appointments: First week of January 

How are you feeling?: good overall

Rants/Raves: insomnia sucks. I just want to sleep!

Questions: 

GTKY: what is your favorite home cooked meal? Honestly probably anything I don’t have to make lol maybe chili or stew
  • Options
    Est. Due Date / Weeks + Days: 5/7 - 20W 3D

Upcoming Appointments: Endo on 12/29 anatomy on 12/30

How are you feeling?: just so tired

Rants/Raves: been feeling movements lately which is amazing. Rant and rave DS is on Christmas break until 1/6 but I have to work(from home) it’s very hard to keep him and DD entertained and not fighting. 

Questions: NATM

GTKY: what is your favorite home cooked meal? Hubby’s home made Mac and cheese

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

BabyFetus Ticker

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• Options
    Est. Due Date / Weeks + Days: May 27. 17+4

Upcoming Appointments: Prenatal 12/29, anatomy scan 1/4

How are you feeling?: Overall better now that I’m in second trimester, but I still struggle with sleep, headaches, nausea/vomiting. I don’t have lots of 2nd tri energy yet — wondering if that will even happen this time (????). 

Rants/Raves: Rant: my stomach hurts all the time. I don’t know what it wants me to feed it but nothing seems to fix it… it feels digestion related. 
    Rave: my SIL is giving me all her baby stuff. So far I have an Ergo, a car seat, and bin full of toys (some BNIB!). I also have 2 girlfriends in the neighborhood who randomly text me “box on your porch” and we’ve gotten so many baby clothes already!! Very thankful…

Questions: what are safe foods that won’t upset my stomach but are also good? 

GTKY: what is your favorite home cooked meal? Idk right now, ask me when I’m feeling better 😂
  • Options
    laketidelaketide member
    edited December 2021
    Est. Due Date / Weeks + Days: 18+3

FTM/STM/TTM+: second ❤️ and final lol

Upcoming Appointments: next week - Monday OB - Thursday - anatomy scan (I am so ready to have this!). 

How are you feeling?: Good for the most part. Tired of the random nausea but I can’t complain since it’s infrequent. I do notice getting tired easily. Also sleep is getting harder to get comfortable (which seems so early to me this time around). 

Rants/Raves: I’m so thankful and ready for some time off work this week and next week!  

Questions: none 

GTKY: what is your favorite home cooked meal? My grandpas chili 
  • Options
    @tacosandtums That is so sweet about your neighbors and SIL. Love their generosity!!!
  • Options
    Est. Due Date / Weeks + Days: 18 weeks 

FTM/STM/TTM+: second 

Upcoming Appointments: anatomy 1/4

How are you feeling?: Pretty good. Had a lingering headache for a week and nothing would fix it. Now me and the kid have colds so maybe that was it somehow? 

Rants/Raves: RANT: another week, another cold. My head feels like it’s fully of freshly chopped onions (burning and full). I just wanna take DayQuil. RAVE: I’m throwing an adult Xmas Eve party and I’m so excited!! Better be healthy. 

Questions: anyone else experiencing 0% bladder control???? You expect it postpartum but not in pregnancy…. Even if I have to pee the tiniest bit? My body makes it feel like my bladder is over-full and I have to go RN. Ugh. 

GTKY: what is your favorite home cooked meal? Honestly I love a good baked potato. I mean like 30% potato/  70% dairy products. 
  • Options
    May 29 - 17w and something
    FTM/STM/TTM+:
    TTM
    Upcoming Appointments:
    just had one last week, A/S next up
    How are you feeling?:
    Pretty good actually
    Rants/Raves: 
    Rave: I love Christmas! Rant: it’s going to be 80 effing degrees Christmas Day. 
    prob my pot roast/potatoes/carrots, DH Gumbo, or my mom’s pork roast w/ rice n gravy  

• Options
    Questions: what are safe foods that won’t upset my stomach but are also good? 

@tacosandtums whenever my stomach is upset like that and just nothing seems good I stick to the BRAT foods for a hot minute.  Boring AF, but sometimes helps. 

• Options
    @MrsLaLaBug 😂 laughing because are we the same person re: rants & food? 

Est. Due Date / Weeks + Days: 5/16, 19+1

FTM/STM/TTM+: stm

Upcoming Appointments: next yr lol

How are you feeling?: Okay I guess. Occasional gagging, especially when veggies are cooked and our house stinks up really good. Getting back pain from walking so that's been fun . 

Rants/Raves: rant: just me, complaining about our weather again lol....not sure what to wear for Christmas Eve & Christmas parties since, you know, it's going to be 85-90 freaking degrees outside. 🥵 I don't have many of my summery maternity clothes washed and out of storage, because IT'S WINTER!!

Questions: nope

GTKY: what is your favorite home cooked meal? Parmesan risotto or gumbo!
  • Options
    May 27 - 17w and something
    FTM/STM/TTM+:
    TTM
    Upcoming Appointments:Anatomy scan right after new years
    How are you feeling?:
    Pretty good actually.  Got my booster shot yesterday and am tired today but otherwise feel pretty much fine thank goodness!
    Rants/Raves: 
    Rave: My bestie is going to be in town next week and we get 2 days to hang out :). She lives 6 hrs away Rant: Kids are home from school for 10 days for winter break.  They love school and being busy all day so it will be a lot ....lots of activities to plan
    GTKY: what is your favorite home cooked meal? Mexican/nachos/tacos
  • Options
    @pajamstagrams I mean, great minds!!! 😂😂😂

• Options
    Est. Due Date / Weeks + Days: May 17, 19wks
    Upcoming Appointments: anatomy scan Friday, midwife next week!
    How are you feeling?: I'm pretty good, very excited/nervous for the scan since I haven't seen this little bean since 8wks. I've been feeling more flutters - looking forward to that getting more consistent and for when DH and DS can feel the kicks too! I've been taking iron so feeling not great in the digestive department and also the RLP is real. 
    Rants/Raves: bummed about Christmas stuff getting cancelled / excited for DS's 2nd birthday on the 28th. 
    Questions: natm
    GTKY: what is your favorite home cooked meal? We make a really good homemade pizza with cambazola, pecans, sausage, and green onions. So tasty. 
  • Options
    @jandawg wow I’m surprised they are getting you in on Christmas Eve! That’s so exciting :) Have a great time seeing little bean!
  • Options
    Est. Due Date / Weeks + Days: 20+2

Upcoming Appointments:
    Anatomy Scan 12/22 and OB 12/17

How are you feeling?:
    Good, just tired, but December is my craziest month of the year work, birthday, and holiday-wise.

Rants/Raves:
    We brought my almost 2 year old DD snowboarding for the first time on Sunday and she took one break to eat in the 5 hours we were there. She has been begging to go again and did SO WELL. I was jealous that my DH actually got to go snowboarding, but we went for his birthday. 

Questions: NATM

Zupa Toscana or steak
  • Options
    sph97sph97 member
    edited December 2021
    Est. Due Date / Weeks + Days: May 10- 20.1 weeks

FTM/STM/TTM+: FTM

Upcoming Appointments: Anatomy scan tomorrow (22nd) at 10:30am! :)

How are you feeling?: Overall good, just heartburn.

Rants/Raves: So. Much. Heartburn.

Questions: When did you start working on the nursery? We are still transitioning from "junk storage room" to baby room and I feel like I'm running out of time!

GTKY: what is your favorite home cooked meal? Fried bologna and mashed potatoes! Weird, but it was a treat growing up and I still love it today!
  • Options
    @sydneyannette53 DDs room was the junk room previously. It was for sure cleaned out by the time I was ~20 wks. We (DH) painted when I was ~23 wks.  We didn't want to leave a lot of things to do at the end. 

All this being said...DD is now getting the office/old guest room for her room. I'm 19 weeks, it's partially cleaned out, and we have no idea what color we're painting it 😂 but most furniture has been ordered. We will definitely tackle it in Jan/Feb because I would like her to move in sometime in April, so she gets used to it. 
  • Options
    Est. Due Date / Weeks + Days: 5/4, 20w6d

FTM/STM/TTM+: FTM

Upcoming Appointments: 1/6 for normal midwife appt

How are you feeling?: I've been getting soooo tired in the afternoon, but around dinner time my energy typically picks back up until 10ish. 

Rants/Raves: LO is definitely moving around a lot more! He's fallen into some what of a predictable pattern, which is nice. DH has been trying to feel him all week, but his kicks aren't super strong yet. Hopefully, in the next couple of weeks, he'll be able to!

Questions: None

GTKY: what is your favorite home cooked meal? Mac and Cheese! My stepdad makes such an amazing one and I can't wait to eat multiple plates on Christmas. 
  • Options
    @sydneyannette53 with my first we were still painting and doing baseboard fixed and stuff with like 3 months to go. And then I realized I only used the nursery for clothes storage and diaper changes during the day until DS was 7 months old and moved in there from our room. We even had to disassemble the crib and set it up in our room because he outgrew the bassinet and we weren't ready to move him into his own room yet.
  • Options
    Est. Due Date / Weeks + Days:  May 31st; 17 weeks

Upcoming Appointments: Midwife & anatomy scan after the new year

How are you feeling?: I am finding my toddler to be soo heavy these days. I'm exhausted! But feeling good overall.

Rants/Raves: I am in the middle of potty training DS (yikes!), and while it's going well (rave), I did get pooped on (rant).

Questions: Can we start a recipe board? I want to know how to make some of these meals that you all are talking about!

GTKY: what is your favorite home cooked meal? I love pot roast on a rainy day. But right now, I am loving a delicious fajita recipe I found!
  • Options
    @coffeemamaaaaa yes I love the idea of sharing recipes!!!! 

• Options
    20w5d
    FTM/STM/TTM+:
    TTM+
    Upcoming Appointments:
    None until January
    How are you feeling?:
    Aside from not being able to sleep - pretty great!
    Rants/Raves: 
    Christmas week! It's a short week, and today is my last day of work until January 3rd!
    Questions: 
    None
    I have a pasta dish that I make a lemon garlic cream sauce from scratch. First time I made it, I thought my hubby was going to burst he ate so many helpings of it!
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker
  • Options
    Est. Due Date / Weeks + Days: 5/6, 20+5

Upcoming Appointments: I had my anatomy scan and 20 wk appt yesterday. Everything looked good!

How are you feeling?: On day 8 of getting over a cold (thankfully not covid).. my 3 y/o and I were the only ones who got it so i suspect it was something I picked up at work since she and I are otherwise both at home. I’m feeling better but have some lingering congestion that I wish I could take some Sudafed or something for but of course I can’t. 

Rants/Raves: the holidays are just going to be so funky again… last year we obv didn’t see family and this year my sister’s H just tested positive so we won’t see them again. It will be just us and my parents. 

Questions: 

GTKY: what is your favorite home cooked meal? I (unfortunately haha) love carbs all the way so things like a creamy red pepper pasta that I make, or my mom’s homemade knoephla soup (a German potato and dumpling soup)
  • Options
    Agreed with a recipe board, @DarkSerendipity I’m drooling thinking of that sauce 😆
  • Options
    Est. Due Date / Weeks + Days: 5/9, 20w3d today

FTM/STM/TTM+: 4/5th TM

Upcoming Appointments: Anatomy scan 12/28

How are you feeling?: I'm actually feeling better now than I have been. A little more energy and no more nausea. Just normal aches and pains like I usually have in 3rd tri. Everything is just sped up because... 2 babies and all.

Rants/Raves: Rant: I don't think these babies will ever have names because my husband and I don't like the same style names. It's so frustrating. 
    Rave: the babies are moving so much and my 6 year old daughter was able to feel it and was so excited and amazed. 

Questions: None!

GTKY: what is your favorite home cooked meal? : when my husband makes fajitas or nachos. Mmmmm.
    Married 11.12.11
    JB 08.02.13 
    EC 12.11.15
    GE 04.04.19
    #4 & #5 due 05.05.22
  • Options
    Est. Due Date / Weeks + Days: 5/24, 18w

FTM/STM/TTM+: FTM, second baby

Upcoming Appointments: Ultrasound on 1/3 I’m so excited!

How are you feeling?: Feeling great! I can feel him moving for sure now!

Rants/Raves: Why do people always ask so many question???

Questions: Context: I placed my first son for adoption in 2018. It was very hard but I never regret my decision. In this case, how would you respond to total strangers asking “Is it your first?” Like, no… but yes? I hate saying yes because it’s like I’m ignoring my son but I also don’t feel comfortable saying no. 

GTKY: My husband’s meatloaf!!!
  • Options
    @taylorharris0522 I say just go with whatever you’re comfortable saying! Personally if it were a stranger, I’d probably just keep it to a simple “no”, but if it’s someone you have gotten to know since your previous pregnancy and just have a casual relationship with, I’d say that you have another son who has been adopted (which helps with any confusion if you end up actually getting to know these people better lol). I feel like 98% of the people who ask are just strangers making conversation, so I never feel bad about not giving detailed answers to that question lol
  • Options
    Major lurker this week since it’s hell week at work + a few other things that landed on my plate! 

Love all the updates! Yay for a few more joining the halfway mark! 
  • Options
    Est. Due Date / Weeks + Days: EDD 5/24/22  18 weeks 3 days

Upcoming Appointments: Anatomy scan on 1/3. So excited!

How are you feeling?: Good! Enjoying this mid-way through lull in symptoms.

Rants/Raves: Rant... Too long of a story to delve into, but my MIL for whatever reason does not like me and I no longer attend any gatherings at her place, so this day always leaves me a little bitter while my husband and daughters are away for Christmas eve. I always volunteer to work (labor and delivery nurse here!) so at least it makes my share of the holiday schedule easier. This year in particular has got me really thinking about how to handle this all in coming years with a newborn.....  :/

Questions: None ATM

GTKY: what is your favorite home cooked meal? Anything with slow cooked beef! Beef stroganoff, stew, etc. Mmmm!