July 2022 Moms

Ultrasounds

Re: Ultrasounds

• Hi friends! I am a mom of 3 and expecting.  I went in for my first check-up/US today and found out I am currently carrying twins.  First baby is measuring at 6w5d as expected with a 132 HB, second baby is measuring at 5W5d with 95HB.  My doctor told me there is a concern for vanishing twin and we really won't know until my next US on 1/6.  I am in a bit of shock/excited/extremely worried.  If anyone else is going through something similar would love to hear.  Best of luck to all and congratulations to everyone!
  • Loading the player...
  • @tbozzer keeping your little ones with positive thoughts. My twin B was a little smaller and measuring behind twin A during my first 2 scans but they evened out at this last scan, I think it was the way twin B was positioned when they measured. 
  • @msspoon12 thank you so much for saying this!  It gives me a little hope at a time where I am so excited and then the next minute break down in tears.  So appreciate you taking the time  <3
  • @sunshineandlemons yay for a surprise ultrasound!

@tbozzer I don't have any experience with that but I hope you get better news next month at your next appointment ❤️

@msspoon12 did you actually hear the HB? The techs always tell me you won't be able to hear anything until 10 weeks with a Doppler (and assuming baby is cooperating with their position haha)
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • msspoon12msspoon12 member
    edited December 2021
    @inthewoods23 oh absolutely 100% we heard each little bean multiple times as the doc was showing us how they measure with the little markers on the screen. It was awesome. And our twins are only mid 6 weeks at this point :) it was a vaginal ultrasound as well
  • I'm 11 weeks today and had another ultrasound yesterday, SO CUTE! Of course my Dr. tried a doppler and couldn't find the heartbeat (same experience with my 1st at 10 weeks) so we went in for an ultrasound and did my bloodwork for the genetic testing. we'll find out if it's a boy or a girl too! I'm not my computer right now so don't have my photos on hand but I saw baby's arms above their head and saw their little feet and knees bending! I can't believe they're little people at this point. She even got some great shots of their profile (nose, eyes, chin). These ultrasounds will be expensive when I receive the bill but so worth it when I see them moving.
  • @courtneyqdk yippee!! That's so weird that they won't show you the screen. Yesterday's appointment the sonographer showed me all the limbs and such of baby before she actually got measurements and the HB. Normally they do that first then show me.

My OB sends you a text with a link to download a zip file of numerous ultrasound photos. It shows up before I even leave their office. It's been so nice to have to send DH who hasn't been able to come with me. I would hate having to wait so long for them!
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 it was so different than with my first - they always showed the screen and also printed pics for me right in the office! I've moved across the province so I guess different places have different policies. They told me the photos would be up within 24hrs, but could take as long as 3-4 business days so I was very upset. Luckily, I got an email notification like an hour later that they were all available for download. At least now I know for next time I guess! 
  • @courtneyqdk it sucks how different places can be with their policies! Mine says no photos or videos can be taken in the room unless the sonographer allows it. I thought about asking if I could get a quick video of baby wiggling around because they were quite active yesterday but I think the allowance of that is only for rare occasions or something. That's how I interpreted the sign. I have another ultrasound next week that DH will be at so he will get to experience it soon (thank you PTO!).
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 that was the policy where I used to work as well. The allowance is typically for military families where the dad is overseas or something.
  • @bearsandbeets7 that does sound adorable! 😊 My due date is also 7/20!
  • @bearsandbeets7 @zinnia19 7/20 due date here also! 
  • @inthewoods23

Honestly, I would consider everything in COVID times to be exceptional circumstances. Most places don't allow significant others to come to appointments now, so they don't have the opportunity to see the u/s live, hear the heartbeat, etc. The least they can do is let you take a quick video. I would interpret the sign more as requiring you to give the sonographer a heads up so they can step out of the video if they don't want to be recorded. 

@courtneyqdk

That is really weird, and tbh would be a deal breaker for me unless they could articulate a damn good reason. I have limited tolerance for healthcare practitioners that try to play hide the ball with my own personal health info. 

• @inthewoods23 i dont know about photos or video, but my office allows me to do video calls with partner since they are not allowed to be in US or OB appointments (although they are allowed in the waiting room..so like, weird rules)