July 2022 Moms
Options

Product Spotlight: Pillows/Sleep Gear

What's your key to a great night's sleep during pregnancy?
*TW* History:
Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
Repeat labs in 8 weeks
Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
TTC put on pause

Re: Product Spotlight: Pillows/Sleep Gear

• Options
    This pillow: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01KIQH2VU/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Just got it down out of the attic so I could wash the cover and start using it again!
  • Options
    @feather_heather yes! I think I have a different brand but the c-shape body pillow is a must!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @feather_heather any idea if it matters that the pillow is C-shaped or U-shaped? My MIL gifted me a U-shaped pregnancy pillow years ago (yeah that was awkward to open lol) that is super cozy to sleep with.

I need to see if I can find a flannel pillowcase for it. I can't stand cotton sheets/pillowcases in the winter!
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    I use a knee pillow later in pregnancy but I’ve never tried the body pillows 
  • Options
    @melanier26 there’s pros and cons to everything. As much as I must have a body pillow, getting in and out of bed with that thing in there gets more and more cumbersome as then pregnancy wears on. 
  • Options
    @twentythree19 even not pregnant I've had problems with my blankets getting tangled up with my pregnancy pillow 😆 we just can't win
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    I lived for my snoogle last pregnancy and then couldn't live without it even when I wasn't pregnant! Lol
  • Options
    I got the Yana Sleep Pillow. https://yanasleep.com/. I love it. I use it when not sleeping to for things like reading and watching TV in bed. It was a little expensive even with the black Friday sale I found. But I required a pillow castle to sleep before I was pregnant. I was willing to make the investment. 
  • Options
    @peppylilfoxy yes! That’s what I have - the snoogle. DH bought it for me pretty early in my first pregnancy before I ever asked/started talking about it. It was so dang thoughtful!
  • Options
    @inthewoods23 - I've never tried a u-shaped one, but I'm sure they're both similar! For me it's all about getting my hips open (and comfortable) while sleeping on my side all night. 
  • Options
    okay, pillow question. I had the Snoogle with my first pregnancy and i did NOT like it.  i wished the other side was longer because I flip sides during the night and I also felt like it was not supportive as a pillow but made it such that I couldn't use it AND my pillow.  Anyone feel the same in the past or have a pregnancy pillow that they felt was good under their neck and good for flipping over during the night
  • Options
    @runnergirl2018 would a U-shaped pillow work better for you than one that's C-shaped? That way when you flip over the pillow is still oriented in the same way as it was on the other side.

Something more like this? (apologies that this image is HUGE!)
    Amazoncom QUEEN ROSE Pregnancy Pillows for Sleeping U Shaped Body Pillow  for Pregnancy 65 inch Maternity Pillow for Tall Pregnant Women with Gray  Velvet Cover  Baby
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause