March 2022 Moms
Options

The Great Deals & Freebies Thread!

Post any baby, momma, and all things related deals and steals here!

I'm hoping there are some good sales over the holidays 🤞🤞🤞. 

Re: The Great Deals & Freebies Thread!

• Options
    Hahaha @kgg2241 best meme 😂😂
  • Options
    @djunaw13 haha one of the best episodes 😂
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I assume it is valid outside Canada, but Huggies has the "no baby unhugged" program where they will send you a free pack of newborn diapers, and a small pack of wipes.
  • Options
    FYI, Target is have a toy sale! Buy 1, get 50% off select toys! Ends 11/6! Also saw some baby deals up to 40%.
  • Options
    @rachelredhead currently living in the maternity support leggings. I wrote them off my first pregnancy as an unnecessary purchase and I was so terribly wrong! 
  • Options
    @night_nurse I bought a couple pairs of leggings today and I am excited! 
  • Options
    @rachelredhead okay. I may splurge now….
  • Options
    It looks like Freshly Picked has a big sale going on right now. I don't have any of their stuff but I know it is pretty popular. 
  • Options
    Caden Lane has adorable swaddles and knitted gowns that you can get personalized…they have a 20% off sale going now!
  • Options
    I live in Universal Standard dresses in and out of pregnancy. Their Geneva dress is so comfy, flattering, and perfect for layering. I don’t size up for pregnancy because the material is very forgiving, just order your normal size. They have a lot of new colors now and the Geneva dress is over half off: https://www.universalstandard.com/collections/prism?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Universal-Core_US_Purchase_Retargeting_Retargeting_Non-DPA_ABO_PrismBFCM_111421&utm_content=a%3A6272791911835&fbclid=IwAR354aB-8Z5MgMQPvsaMUmEE3YQp_NbaY5cLcPfnVB9Ii3CCf3KqI7Zuh2U_aem_AcUDG18lId06YgacnAlo5vSKppwfO4YbDLJbJEsx3I3vTcXSQZxUcY7884UFQHmol2zirzgAXN-CkMTGp7phusANWRf85-4a9UP9Yd98t1PMm6DZ3dWkNxcgiZl0ipraMzU 
  • Options
    @rachelredhead I was wondering about blanqui. So you recommend them? I was worried the piece that is under your boobs would be too big? 
    And what are these support leggings y’all are speaking of? Sound wonderful! 
  • Options
    @313Meg they really are great and worth the spend especially on sale. I’m generally wearing either their support leggings or the tank top every day. I’ve never liked support belts so the tank top provides a lighter version of that support. I also have a pair of their postpartum leggings from last pregnancy that I basically wore all the time. I know I’m headed for a repeat C-section and having just the right amount of compression was super helpful for my recovery last time. 
  • Options
    @rachelredhead I'll have to look into them! Thanks!!
  • Options
    @313Meg i do find the tummy panel of the leggings to be a little long. I did end up buying 2 sizes bigger than my usual size which was recommended on their website as the black leggings had been manufactured a little small that batch. I think that’s why it’s too long on me. Otherwise I literally live in them. They don't stretch out with wear, are completely opaque, and have a gusseted crotch so they are extremely comfy. I too was on the fence about them. Thought they were just overhyped but was really surprised when I got them.
  • Options
    @night_nurse thanks! Going to look now!
  • Options
    Baby Jogger has 25% off site wide today! 
  • Options
    I made my first Blanqi order!  I'm so excited to receive it.  Thank you @night_nurse
  • Options
    They are doing 20% off snoo today and you can set the delivery date to be close to your due date. Still expensive, but they resell used around me for good amounts. We are going to give it a try and hope we get a decent sleeper 🤞
  • Options
    @Sarah0335 Team Snoo here all the way. We loved ours so much with DD. Join the Snoo parents Facebook group too. I got lots of good advice and tips from there.
  • Options
    @kgg2241 Do you feel like it helped your DD to sleep for better stretches?  Did you have any trouble transitioning to a crib?  I’m so hopeful, but I guess you can’t know till the baby gets here. 
  • Options
    @Sarah0335 I do! She slept through the night by 2 months, but was consistently sleeping long stretches well before then. We didn't have any trouble going to the crib. We did a lot of naps in the crib from the start and then for the week before transitioning her we did weaning mode on the Snoo. It was easy! 
  • Options
    nursejenn5nursejenn5 member
    edited November 2021
    @kgg2241 ugh I’ve always thought about the shop but worried about the transition. So this makes  me think of it more 😅🤔 but I’m sure couldnt ever get myself to buy one.. maybe rent…
  • Options
    @nursejenn5 they are so expensive now! They raised the price a lot since we got ours. I was dumb and sold it though 😭. We are going to rent this time. Probably for just 3 or 4 months..
  • Options
    @kgg2241 they sell around me used consistently for $900-$1,000. I figured with the Black Friday sale, I should only be out about $350 if i sell it after and then you get the warranty and trial period if you need it. The rental price to me seemed so high. 🤷🏻‍♀️
  • Options
    @Sarah0335 that is awesome! I sold our first one for basically what we paid for it since I also got it on black Friday. They were $1,200 then and I got it for 40% off. I was actually planning on buying again and then had sticker shock since I didn't realize it had gone up. I should probably suck it up since I bet I could sell it for a good amount again. 
  • Options
    @kgg2241 @Sarah0335 we’re team snoo over here! Another mom in my April 18 group had great success with it, so I’ve been excited to try it out this time. The cost has gone up significantly and with the BF sale only bring 20% off, I’m planning on renting it. 
  • Options
    Oh and I ordered the Elvis curve and Elvis catch both 20% off. I used a Hakka last time, which I will use again sometimes I’m sure, but I really wanted the curve so I could put it in my bra to catch letdown because DS was always kicking off the Hakka when I felt like the hassle of dealing with it. And then I’m also excited about the Elvis catch bc I wasted so much milk in those early days when I would have random letdowns and it would all just be soaked up in a breast pad. 
  • Options
    When my son was about 6 weeks old (so spring 2019) I bought a used Snoo. Resold it with no trouble a couple months later for exactly what I bought it for! I highly recommend that method. Muuuuuch cheaper than renting! 
  • Options
    Hakaa is only $9.97USD on amazon right now. Didnt use it with my first but buying one this time
  • Options
    Milkmaid goods has the cutest mommy and me robes/swaddles that are on sale for 30% off. I lived in my milkmaid robe postpartum with DD1 because it had a great tie that kept the robe shut unless I was feeding AND it had pockets!
  • Options
    Y’all are making me jealous about the snoo. I bought the graco sense to soothe Bc DH was not having the price tag. He said I’ll prob cosleep anyways. (Really hoping not to this baby. I had to with my first and my second was pure survival mode) 

I did buy my first nursing bra! Thanks @rachelredhead
  • Options
    @jessier19 @kgg2241@sarah0335 ok y’all convinced me to buy instead of rent! When I did the math, with it being 20% off, I think I can come out better than renting bc I’m sure it will resell for way over the difference between renting and buying!! 
  • Options
    Since we’re going to be using a mini crib when this babe shares a room with DS, I think I’ve decided to buy the Alma mini. It’s small enough to fit in our room while room sharing and I like the idea of her being in one thing from the beginning and not dealing with a bassinet-to-crib transition. This will last for the first year and by then I’m sure DS will be needing a toddler bed so we can move her to his crib. This is my logic! 🤪
  • Options
    @rachelredhead Such a good idea! Honestly if it weren't for the c-section piece I would just have baby in the regular crib from day 1. I only use the swivel bassinet until my incision is healed enough that it doesn't hurt getting in and out of bed!
  • Options
    @Panaceia I thought of getting a Halo for the swivel since I’ll have a RCS. But I had just a hand me down co sleeper bassinet last time and didn’t mind it while recovering from the C section. It’s such a roll of the dice. I’ll probably keep my eyes peeled for used Halo bassinets just in case I can get a good deal. 
  • Options
    @rachelredhead I just got the cheap one with no bells and whistles. It just swivels. I think it was 99$ CAD back in 2019. The mattress is super thin and not comfortable at all so I switched DD2 after about 3 weeks since I was fine by that point anyways, and she slept sooooo much better on a proper crib mattress. If I didn't already have it from DD2 I'd be tempted to just go straight to the crib again. I did love the swivel feature though...but I was still bedsharing with DD1 and didn't want to wake her every time I wanted to check on DD2 which is also what made it so appealing. This time I room share with DD2 but she's in her own bed, so I probably don't *need* the swivel feature as much as last time...and now that I say that this 3rd CS is probably going to end up being super painful with a really hard recovery just so I'll end up eating my words 😅
  • Options
    Silverette nursing cups/nipple shields are 20% off on amazon. I think this is the only sale they do every year. They are 100% genuine italian sterling silver nipple shields you wear in your bra with no other lotions or creams to help prevent and heal cracked and sore nipples. They even treat thrush. So excited to try these out this time. When you are done BFing you can recycle the cups and they will turn them into a stamped pendant necklace of your choice. They have tons of info on instagram for anyone interested.