June 2022 Moms

Re: Symptoms December

• Obviously this will come back to bite me but overall I feel loads better than even two weeks ago.  I feel like a functional human with mild nausea.  Instead of crawling to bed at 7:30 (wishing it had happened hours ago) I've been able to stay up and go to bed at like 8:30-9:00 still with some energy.  I wish the nausea would gift but it's so much better than it was.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @bww_0331 I’m starting to feel better too and I am starting to have a
    energy and my trademark second trimester “must get every house project done right this very second or I will loose my mind anxiety” haha. It’s very productive but my husband ends up as tired as I am in the first trimester lol my third tri is my fav Im usually much happier and relaxed 
  • Loading the player...
  • I have felt so much better this week. I am officially in my second trimester and I can feel it. My energy isn't quite back to normal but it is so much better. I feel like I am finally able to be a mom to my daughter again. I am not sick at all anymore. A little nauseous in the morning but it is very mild and goes away. @daisy0322 I have for sure started some early nesting signs. I feel like I have so much I want to get done before baby gets here and I want to do it before my belly is super big.
  • My good days are definitely better, but my bad days might be a little worse! OB prescribed me zofran so I’m hoping that helps. Glad you ladies are starting to feel better! Hopefully I’m not too far behind hahaha. 
  • Hi everyone, 

First post here, nice to meet you :)

Is anyone else experiencing insomnia? What works? I’m so tired every night so falling asleep is NP, but then always seem to wake up - wide awake - around 2:30am. Sometimes a pee and glass of water and I can right back to sleep, but most night I’m up for 1-2 hours. 

The other symptom I’m feeling that’s been a huge drag is extreme dry and itchy skin. The body I can almost handle but my face and scalp are driving me bonkers! Full context I do have eczema and naturally dry skin, but it’s so extreme RN. All my efforts to soothe are not helping much. 

Pls share tips, thank you!
  • Hi knottie and welcome! If you decide to stay, I hope you’ll introduce yourself so we can get to know you better and change your username so we can tag you.

I'm having the same issue with waking up during the night and having trouble falling back asleep. Unfortunately I haven’t found anything to help but perhaps you can talk to your doctor about taking Unisom.

I haven’t had too much trouble with dry skin. Not sure if it’s luck or a combination of an extensive skin care routine and lots of water.
  • I've been having the same issue since early on in the pregnancy. I'm awake for at least an hour every night between, most day around 3/4 am. I try to read something as laying awake just triggers crazy thoughts and eventually I doze off to sleep. I'm hoping it gets better with 2nd tri. 
    ***History & TW in Spoiler***

***bfp & child warning***
    TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IUI #1 - October 2015 - BFN
    IUI #2 - November 2015 - BFN
    IUI #3 - December 2015 - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Retrieval #1 - April 2016
    FET #1 - May 2016 - BFP!!! DS - Born January 2017
    Trying for baby #2...
    FET #2 - January 2018 - BFN  
    No more embryos left; switched to a new RE
    IVF/Retrieval #2 - January 2019
    IVF/Retrieval #3 - March 2019
    FET #3 - April 2019 - BFP!!! - DD: Born December 2019
    Trying for baby #3...
    FET #4 - October 2021 - BFP!!! - Due June 2022

• I’m 12 weeks now and feeling a lot better - I can see the light at the end of the morning sickness tunnel! I don’t have as many headaches and the slight depression I was feeling is lifting.

I’m also waking around 3/4am and can’t fall back asleep for about an hour. I try not to get on my phone since it’s stimulating, but laying there and “counting sheep” isn’t fun haha.

Dry skin…I’ve loved a good post-bath/shower body oil. I don’t have any I recommend because my favorite, Paula’s Choice, discontinued theirs.
  • I’ve been waking up in the middle of night for the past 1.5 months to use the washroom. I’ve tried not drinking water 2 hours before bed, and I still find the need to go! And then of course I can’t fall back asleep afterwards. 

Aside from that nausea has finally gone away! Woo hoo! 
  • It's 1:30 here right now. I wake up to pee and then can't get back to sleep. 

For those not super into lotion, I'd suggest Jergens In Shower lotion. I typically use it in the winter anyway and with the pregnancy dry skin, that's been a go-to. Doesn't really help for face or scalp, but at least your body is not as dry.

My nausea is lightening up too (thank god), but it's still there. My aversion to food is still present as well. Hopefully by 13 weeks, everything is better. That's my hope at least.
    Pregnancy TickerSaveSave
  • Thanks everyone. I was up again last night for 2 hours, I always wake every time around 2:30-something. Always. It’s the strangest thing. My midwife and I are hoping the insomnia and Sahara desert-like skin lift a little as I enter the 2nd tri (currently at 12w, 4d).

My waiting period is up so much profile should be showing now (not knottie). 

Happy Sunday everyone :)
  • Anyone have sharp pain in the middle of your abdomen when you stand up suddenly? I'm used to RLP on the sides, but this was right smack in the middle and I almost keeled over. Chalking it up to baby getting angry at me for something or other, but it was odd. Lasted about fifteen seconds.
    Pregnancy TickerSaveSave
  • @binxybaby above or below your belly button?
  • @fluteling Below. I'm not sure how high my uterus is yet at 12+4 though. 
    Pregnancy TickerSaveSave
  • One symptom that I have is that I tend to feel really hot.
  • @binxybaby I get that too. I just put it down to the RLP like you said. 
  • binxybabybinxybaby member
    edited December 2021
    @fluteling Ya, it probably was. I'm having some vicious traditionally-placed RLP today. Ouch! 

@romeoandjuliet146 I kind of wish I felt warmer. I'm FREEZING. I'm trying to get my 3 year old to cuddle me because he's a little furnace. Seriously. That kid takes cold baths. I don't get it.
    Pregnancy TickerSaveSave
  • @binxybaby I love when my 3 year old cuddles with me!
  • @romeoandjuliet146 I’ve also been pretty warm lately. Or at least, I’ve noticed I don’t wear my coat in the office as much. And if I do get warm it drives my nausea up.

I’m also getting various pains and feelings around my stomach. I think I determined some of it was needing to go a little easier on the ab portions of my workouts. This morning I had some dull stabbing pains to which I just poked back at it.
  • @pinkkillersheep ab portion of your workouts??!! That is very impressive. I completely gave up anything that resembles exercise and I feel like I can barely get up from a lying down position lol. Whoops. Going to try and walk at least 30 mins 5 days a week but I’m sad I didn’t come into this with a little more strength!
  • @shoarmie99 I’m in love with the mental and physical challenge of weight lifting and it’s a pretty important part of my mental health. I’ve also had a history of back injuries and lots of core work has helped. Thankfully my trainer has experience with pregnant women and knows how and when to modify things. I think getting 30 minute walks in is a great goal! I’ve been trying to do the same but the cold weather is definitely making it harder.