August 2022 Moms
Options

***TW*** Spotting/Bleeding/Threatened Loss Support Thread

This thread is for support and questions around spotting/bleeding. 🖤

Conversations surrounding these issues can be discussed here freely. The TW in the title applies for the whole thread. Please beware of reading ahead if you think you might be triggered by conversations about spotting/bleeding. 

Finally, remember that most of us are not medical professionals, and even if we were, it's always best to call/visit your doctor with questions or concerns. Feel free to ask questions and voice concerns, but please do not expect anyone here to be able to offer you anything but support. The most important thing to do is to call your doctor. They can offer answers; we can offer support. 🖤

Copied from Feb BMB.

Pregnancy Ticker

5.5.16 | 8.14.17 | 1.30.19

Re: ***TW*** Spotting/Bleeding/Threatened Loss Support Thread

• Options
    4w5ish? Days today and have a little bit of pink spotting. Last night had a small streak of brown after going to the bathroom. Nothing when I first got up, but now, clear CM mixed with a bit of pink. 

This can most likely be normal, right? Implantation bleeding or even cervical irritation from some intimate time with hubby yesterday? I have been pretty crampy for the last week or so, but each day seems to be a little less. I think now I’m feeling crampy because I am so anxious. 

I’m trying so hard not to panic. Any advice is greatly appreciated!
  • Options
    @becks105 spotting is normal. Usually spotting and cramping together is not the best scenario but at this point, just try as best you can to relax. I’d say not likely implantation bleeding unless it was brown.

Would your OB get you in for betas?
    Pregnancy Ticker

5.5.16 | 8.14.17 | 1.30.19
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I’m definitely going to call if it continues or progresses. Last night I had a tiny bit of brown. Cramping hasn’t been back. I’ve got some pain in my left side that kind of bounces around, so I don’t think it’s related. I’m trying to take it easy today. Yesterday was out running errands and putting up Christmas decorations at home, so I’m trying to rest some more today. It was so minor, I’m not sure I would have even noticed if I wasn’t so anxious about everything and checking constantly. I’ve been dealing with some health-anxiety for some time… this definitely isn’t helping lol
  • Options
    I had lots of spotting and some bleeding with my second pregnancy and none with my first. It freaked me out! But everything was fine and progressed normally. Being intimate definitely makes you spot a bit too. Resting never hurts! Hope you're doing better.
  • Options
    Thanks, gals! Doing better. Haven’t had any more since those two small instances, so I put off calling or messaging my OB. If anything concerning happens, I will :) I appreciate the support in my moment of crisis!!
  • Options
    @EmilyE13 I am so sorry to read this.
  • Options
    @EmilyE13 I’m so sorry. Our prayers are with you and your family. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm so sorry, @EmilyE13
  • Options
    @EmilyE13 I'm so very sorry.  :( You are in my thoughts. Sending all my love. 
  • Options
    @EmilyE13 I am so so sorry to be reading this. Please take care of yourself and take the time you need to process everything. 
  • Options
    @EmilyE13 I am so, so sorry. You'll be in my thoughts <3
  • Options
    @EmilyE13 I’m so sorry. You’ll be in my thoughts, one day at a time 💕
  • Options
    @EmilyE13 I’m so very sorry.  Thinking of you ❤️
  • Options
    @EmilyE13 I'm so very sorry to hear this. 🫂
    Pregnancy Ticker Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    @EmilyE13 hugs to you and thinking of you. So sorry for your loss. 
  • Options
    @emilye13 I'm so very sorry. Sending you all the hugs right now.  <3
  • Options
    @EmilyE13 I am so sorry for your loss.
  • Options
    ladyzoe89ladyzoe89 member
    edited December 2021
    @EmilyE13sorry for your lost be strong 
  • Options
    I am about 4w2d I just went to use the bathroom I saw bright red blood not too heavy I’m very scared that this might be the end 😭
  • Options
    @ladyzoe89 I’m so sorry you’re dealing with this. Call your doctor to at least run it by them. 
  • Options
    darkrose88darkrose88 member
    edited December 2021
    @ladyzoe89 Hugs! I'm sorry your going through this. Have you called your health professional about coming in for an emergency appointment to check things out? 
  • Options
    @ladyzoe89 I'm so sorry, that's so scary. I hope it's just run of the mill first trimester spotting. Thinking of you. 
  • Options
    @ladyzoe89 I’m so sorry, like everyone else call your dr!
  • Options
    I didn’t want to post here. But tonight I started bleeding, bright red blood, quite a lot. At the hospital now waiting to be checked. I’ve had a previous loss in June 2017, my mind just keeps going back to that place :( 
  • Options
    @amberrmariee20 hugs 🫂 I hope you and your tiny baby will be ok.
  • Options
    @amberrmariee20 I'm so sorry. I've been there too and it's so terrifying. I'll be keeping you in my thoughts tonight. 
  • Options
    @amberrmariee20 oh I am so sorry to hear this! You are in my thoughts tonight! I hope your tiny babe hangs in there!
  • Options
    I will eventually call the doctor ladies I’ve been down this road before… I was only spotting they say it happens but when you’re pregnant 🤰 any little symptoms drives you crazy thanks for the support ladies 
  • Options
    @amberrmariee20 oh dear. I'm sorry. Hoping everything is okay. 
  • Options
    I’m spotting this morning. It’s brown, so I know, I know. Fairly normal but *TW* with our first being a miscarriage, I’m nervous. 

I know I’m in the same situation as a lot of moms and it sounds the same, but really praying for the best. My appointment isn’t until Tuesday, so I’m going to call today to see if they can get me in, just to ease my mind. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @dimeadozen I'm sorry you're going through that. Even if it's "normal" it's still really scary. I hope they can see you sooner and give you a little reassurance. Thinking of you. 
  • Options
    @amberrmariee20 I had one of those at 10.5 weeks with my daughter and she is a perfectly healthy and normal 2.5 year old! It was terrifying when it happened though. It was like several gushes. I was so distraught. I’m really happy your numbers are doubling and you have a heartbeat! Take it easy for a few days, mama 
  • Options
    @becks105 so glad to hear something positive I was absolutely terrified from previous experience 
  • Options
    @amberrmariee20 That's wonderful! I'm so glad you and baby are both ok. Feel good. 
  • Options
    @amberrmariee20 BEST NEWS! I'm so so happy for you that everything is OK. 
  • Options
    @amberrmariee20 Horray! 
    TTC History:
    Me: 36 H: 40 Married 2015. Together since 2010.
    TTC: Sept 2016-Oct 2017
    BFP Oct 2017. DD born July 2018.
    TTC: March 2020. BFP March 2020
    Due date was Nov 2020
    DS born Sept 2020. DS passed away Nov 2020 due to prematurity and birth trauma.
    TTC: March 2021
    IUI #1 Nov 2021, BFN
    IUI #2 Dec 2021 BFP.  MC Jan 2022
    IUI #3 Aug 2022 BFN
    IUI #4 Sept 2022 BFN
    AMH test came back at .081. Was going to move on to IVF with DE, but have decided not to. Will be leaving it up to the universe now.