July 2022 Moms

***TW*** Spotting/Bleeding/Threatened Loss Support Thread

Re: ***TW*** Spotting/Bleeding/Threatened Loss Support Thread

• @sunshineandlemons Oh man. I'm sorry you're still spotting. I'm glad your dr is getting you back in to check you out. It could definitely still be that your cervix was irritated from the U/S. I hope you can get in soon so that you can have some reassurance. Sending positive thoughts your way. Keep us posted.
    *TW* TTC history
    Me:32 DH:31
    Married: 8/2015

TTC #1: 4/2017
    Testing: HSG, U/S, BW, and DH's SA all normal
    DX: Unexplained
    8/2018: Clomid + TI = BFN
    9/2018: Clomid + TI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2018: Clomid + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    12/2018: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone \\ Cancelled due to cyst
    1/2019: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD Sept 30th, 2019
    10/7/2019: Healthy baby boy!

TTC #2: 12/2020
    2/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    3/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    4/2021: Surprise! Natural BFP! \\ EDD Jan 6th, 2022 \\ Chemical, betas not rising
    8/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    9/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    10/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD July 29th, 2022

• Loading the player...
  • @sunshineandlemons Such great news! What a relief!
    *TW* TTC history

4/2021: Surprise! Natural BFP! \\ EDD Jan 6th, 2022 \\ Chemical, betas not rising

• Oh no @peppylilfoxy. That's so scary. I hope you guys get good news soon. Sending positive vibes. Keep us posted.
    *TW* TTC history

• @peppylilfoxy oh no! I'm so sorry this is happening again. Hope everything is okay. I don't want to give false hope, but I have a friend that bled very heavily from an SCH (she described it as looking like a murder scene). But she has 2 healthy baby girls who are doing great so there can be happy endings.
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @peppylilfoxy Hope she and the babies are ok. Also hope for some wins for you going into the weekend. ❤️
  • Has anyone experienced/heard of an US scan that measures way off your EDD from last period? 
    I should be 10+1 today but my scan yesterday only measured an embryo 5+6. My HCG the day prior (Wednesday) came back at 33,296 which I don’t think matches either. Got a BFP on 11/1 which would also be way early if I’m only 6 weeks. 

Have had some spotting but no red, just brownish pink. Never experienced major morning sickness either. Just tired and sore boobs. 

Trying not to panic since it’s so inconclusive. Just curious if anyone has had a similar experience before. 
  • @buffbuff530Honestly, the timing kinda works out that possibly you had a chemical after the BFP on 11/1 and then got pregnant again the very next cycle. Or this could be a MMC and baby stopped growing at 5w6d.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @buffbuff530 this sounds similar to the MMC I had earlier this year. I went in for a scan at 8w1d and the baby only measured 6w1d. I still had symptoms (except sore boobs but my progesterone was very low). Did they check your progesterone? Hoping this isn’t the case for you. ❤️
  • @inthewoods23 I hadn’t thought of the possibility of chemical then repregnant. 

@sunshineandlemons I don’t think that they did or at least I don’t have a test result showing for it. Was your HCG high too? My first prenatal apt isn’t until Wednesday. They did the US early because of the spotting. I’ll ask about the progesterone. 

Thank you for all the input! 
  • @buffbuff530 I'm not trying to scare you, but that's what happened to me a few months ago with my missed miscarriage. I was supposed to be a little over 9 weeks and was only measuring 6, with no heartbeat. They had me come back a week later for a second ultrasound to confirm. I'm so sorry- hope that's not the case for you and maybe your dates are just off.
  • @stardustskies thank you so much! I’m thinking I’m in that same boat with MMC. Not much else would really make sense. Just surprised it could be missed for so long. 

I truly appreciate all the sharing and input. Helps me feel not so alone. 
  • @buffbuff530 I really hope this isn't the case for you but with my IVF baby last year I had an ultrasound and baby measured a few days behind but with a slow HB. My HCG was high and they hade do a follow up US at 10w. Baby only measured 5w6d and had no HB.  😞
  • Hi All - I’m 9w 2d today and starting yesterday I have been have on and off brown spotting. Mostly when wiping/going to the bathroom. I have not had any spotting to this point. I did have an internal ultrasound this past Wednesday and all looked great but now I’m panicking. No severe cramping or anything 
  • It could be from the ultrasound or could be something else. I started spotting after a TV ultrasound where baby looked good at 7 weeks. I called the doctor and she put me on pelvic rest. I continued to spot and even had some pinkish red blood, so I called back, she had me come in and actually looked at my cervix and I have a polyp that is causing the bleeding. She checked baby again with ultrasound and it’s perfect. I know it’s easier said than done but try not to worry too much. Having seen the baby on the u/s and the fact that the blood is brown and light are good signs that everything is likely ok. Give your doctor a call and see what he/she says. Thinking of you! 
  • I’ve had spotting on and off for 2 weeks, but this morning (7+4) I started bleeding (bright red) along with low back pain. I’m not optimistic. I have an ultrasound at 2 with instructions to take it easy until then. This is going to be a lobg 3 hours! 

BFP #1: 4/2/12 -- DD born 12/15/12. BFP #2: 4/1/14 -- CP. BFP #3: 4/28/14 -- EDD 1/10/15

Jan 15  NOV siggy challenge: 

• Thinking of you, @letsgox ❤️ Keep us posted
  • @buffbuff530 Was this your first US? if so it sounds like my MMC in Aug. I went in at 7+4 and baby was only 6+1. they checked me weekly and baby was not growing at all but they didn't actually diagnose me until 10+4 and I went in at 11weeks for D&C.  - they kept saying they couldn't tell if baby had a low heart beat or if they were detecting mine and kept checking weekly.  if i hadn't gone in until 10 weeks I wouldn't have had all that data. My HCG was at the appropriate level and maintaining when they checked it during week 8. i still had all my annoying pregnancy symptoms - fatigue, nausea, etc pretty much up until middle of week 10
    I suppose it is also possible that you had a chemical and if you ovulated quickly enough it could be a new pregnancy.
    hope you get some answers soon  <3
  • @letsgox I’m thinking of you and crossing everything that LO is ok 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • Sending good thoughts for you @letsgox! Keep us updated 💕
  • 8w5d. Had spotting so Dr took new labs to check hcg again. Dropped from 11,800 to 4,000 :( 

They cancelled my upcoming appointment and said its over. I'm so confused. I just saw the baby last week with a strong heartbeat. I asked for an ultrasound but the nurse just said "the numbers tell enough of the story".

Can't believe this...
  • @lizhdeztv I’m so sorry to hear that. 😢 It really seems they could use some lessons in sympathy and empathy. Sending lots of love. 
  • I'm so sorry @lizhdeztv
    *TW* TTC history

• @lizhdeztv I’m so sorry mama. They really need to be more sympathetic. You deserve better care. I’d call back and demand to be seen. Big hugs 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
  • @lizhdeztv my heart is with you. I'm so sorry for your loss. 💔
  • Oh, @lizhdeztv I am so heartbroken for you. I had a similar experience last year. Baby measured a week behind but had a decent HB then they scheduled another scan for a couple weeks later and baby was even smaller with no HB. It's not fair and it doesn't make sense. Sending all my love to you, momma 💕💕💕
  • @lizhdeztv I’m so sorry. I have a loss after seeing a heartbeat and it was very difficult to accept. I would absolutely call back and make them schedule an ultrasound for confirmation. Sending lots of love 
  • Just coming here for some support and hope! Last week started to have brown spotting that turned to bright red with clots. Called the OB and they got me in the same day. Did an ultrasound and was able see the baby and heart beat :) although the doctor said that this could be a spontaneous abortion or since my gestational sac is very low in my uterus that it could be the cause of the bleeding. now a week later I am still spotting and passing some clots. Not filling a pad and not having any severe cramping. I know every women is different but I just need a little hope that this could still work in my husband and I’s favor! Anyone experience this and have a healthy baby?
  • @belpat2019 no experience, but sending hugs and hoping all turns out well!
  • @belpat2019 I had something similar with my first pregnancy. It was so scary.I scoured the internet for positive outcomes and they were few and far between, but My daughter just turned 9! There is hope!

BFP #1: 4/2/12 -- DD born 12/15/12. BFP #2: 4/1/14 -- CP. BFP #3: 4/28/14 -- EDD 1/10/15

• Update: my ultrasound went okayThe babies were there, hearts beating away, and no source of bleeding identified. However, A is measuring ahead with a HR of 160 and B is measuring small with a HR of 141. B had only grown 5 days since my previous ultrasound 9 days earlier. 

The OB wasn’t too concerned, but did say I’m at risk for losing both babes since they share a placenta. He also said that no extra rest or modifications would change the outcome which made me feel better since exercise really improves my mental health. I have another ultrasound scheduled for 12/22. Until then I’m still in threatened m/c category. 

• @letsgox Im glad you were able to see the babies and that you don’t have to make any modifications to your lifestyle but it stinks you’re in the threatened MC category. Hopefully the ultrasound next week will move you out of there with healthy babies. 🤞🤞
  • @sunshineandlemons thank you so much! Thankfully this weekend and early next week are busy at work and at home, so it should go by quickly!

• peppylilfoxypeppylilfoxy member
    edited December 2021
    @belpat2019 I'm so sorry you are dealing with the limbo situation. I know my friend's sisters both bled through their entire pregnancies and they have very healthy and happy kiddos. My gestational carrier has been hemorrhaging on and off (at one point passing clots and filling a pad+ per hour) and our little one is still jiving along. In her case, she has a SCH causing the bleeding.

Edited to fix stupid autocorrect
  • @L1C4gal I’m so sorry mama. Be gentle with yourself. Christmas doesn’t have to be perfect, your DD will be very easy to please. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
  • @L1C4gal oh no I'm so sorry. Take care of yourself this season ❤️
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause