January 2022 Moms

Weekly Check-In 12/6

How far along are you//EDD:

Size of the baby: 

Upcoming appointments: 

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves:

Questions:  

GTKY: Are you more of a morning person or night owl? Do you like coffee - if so how do you drink it? If not, do you have a different drink or morning ritual? 

Re: Weekly Check-In 12/6

• How far along are you//EDD: 33 weeks, but induction set for 1/17

Size of the baby: pineapple, thumb is the size of a jelly bean 

Upcoming appointments: GD appointment on Thursday

How are you feeling?: pretty good (aside from feeling large and movements being more or a effort). This GD diet has helped me to be more aware of what I’m eating/drinking and I think it’s helped me feel better in general. Sleep is still flip flopping from side to side but I don’t expect that to change.

Rants/Raves: We got the nursery mostly set up, just a few more things that should be complete by this weekend. And we’ve purchased everything we need so the only things I have left to do it pack my hospital bag, wash clothes/blankets etc, and install the car seat. Another silly rave, we have these annoying but harmless seasonal bugs that come every year around this time and this year they were only here for less than a week.

Questions: has anyone had a Brazilian wax while pregnant? I do it frequently but haven’t done it while pregnant and I’m a little scared haha. I have an appointment for this weekend and I’m debating if I should keep it.

GTKY: Are you more of a morning person or night owl? Do you like coffee - if so how do you drink it? If not, do you have a different drink or morning ritual? 

Never been a morning person and always more of a night owl. I love coffee in the morning (except for 1st and most of 2nd tri - couldn’t stomach it). I usually drink it black but occasionally will have an unsweetened latte. I prefer a lighter roast and am currently liking Wolfgang Puck’s Hawaiian Hazelnut kcup.

• How far along are you//EDD: 32+2// Jan 29th

Size of the baby: jicama 

Upcoming appointments: 32 week with OB on wednesday. 

How are you feeling?: last week was rough. first time i've ever had sciatica pain, then that stopped (because LO moved), and had horrible rib pain from him kicking.  It's better today thankfully, i slept pretty well on my left side which i think helped the LO naturally (thank you gravity) move away from my right ribs.  

Rants/Raves: Took DS1 to a playdate with a friend yesterday and it was some much-needed conversation time.  Also grateful for that relationship since they have two kids just a bit older than us and we get their amazing hand me downs.  Rant: it's only 7F degrees outside (feels like -13F), i accept cold weather but I need snow to make it worth it.  We have zero snow!

Questions:  Have any of you been sent home after thinking you were in labor? I didn't labor at home for my first as my water broke spontaneously at 37+2.  i'm so nervous to go into labor on my own.  We're 45 minutes from the hospoital so i don't want to go in and be told to go back home, but i also don't want to be in the car when i give birth.  

GTKY: Are you more of a morning person or night owl? Do you like coffee - if so how do you drink it? If not, do you have a different drink or morning ritual? Morning person! I love coffee (although don't drink it during pregnancy even though i know i could) I drink it black but don't have to have it. I'm more of a get up and shower, eat breakfast and i'm good to go, person.  Coffee is more of a social activity for me.  

• Loading the player...
  • How far along are you//EDD: 35+3 / January 7

Size of the baby: a bunch of carrots…apparently

Upcoming appointments: next week for 37 weeks. Holy cow

How are you feeling?: tired, still bruising easily, and my 4 yo gave me his cold. Hoping this baby will be the one to come early. I measured 3 weeks ahead so we will see.

Rants/Raves: yesterday was my birthday and it was a major flop. My husband didn’t even get me a cake 😩 so I baked myself some brownies and pouted. I was late starting dinner as well and then my tortellini I had just bought the day before had mold on them so I was very late eating and pretty grouchy. I had also wanted to do our pics for Christmas cards yesterday but both kids were snotty and grumpy so that didn’t happen and now I feel super behind. On the upside (I think) I got my blood results back and everything is in the normal range, although some have gone down a good bit and are borderline. And I ate a huge steak the night before so I’m interested to see what my midwife says. But I’m thinking borderline anemia might explain my bruising and being so dang tired all the time. 

Questions:  recommendations for postpartum shaping things? I saw a tank top at target yesterday and I’m curious. I’ve never used anything like that with my other two, but some extra support/compression might be nice?

GTKY: Are you more of a morning person or night owl? Do you like coffee - if so how do you drink it? If not, do you have a different drink or morning ritual? Night owl, and coffee. All the coffee any way I can get it haha 

• @elksamm I did throughout my pregnancy with my first because it was summer…I honestly didn’t notice it being any worse than usual 🤷🏻‍♀️

@blackhottamales I was sent home with my first because I was still in early labor. I was also 45 min from the hospital and super nervous but it worked out fine. My second came fast though so I already talked to my midwife about this one and she said even if I’m not technically meeting the requirements to be admitted they will probably let me just hang out a while. This time the hospital is only 20 minutes from my house unless there is traffic then it could easily be an hour. And last time I went from 8cm to baby in 10’ish minutes so if they don’t let me stay at the birth center I’ll be walking in the parking lot lol 
  • How far along are you//EDD: 33w 3 days

Size of the baby: Celery Bunch - He measured 4lb 8 oz at an ultrasound last week

Upcoming appointments: Every Monday and Thursday for NST's

How are you feeling?: Relatively good. I have bursts of energy and then moments where I could fall asleep. My stomach is feeling very tight and I feel like I cannot eat much. I am having some mouth pain -- I'm trying to avoid the dentist until after baby comes (I won't want to go then either). My pregnancies have been hard on my teeth. Overall, I can't complain! 

Rants/Raves: The nursery is almost finished! My son turns 2 in a couple weeks and then it's Christmas and hopefully baby time shortly after that! 

Questions:  None

GTKY: Are you more of a morning person or night owl? Do you like coffee - if so how do you drink it? If not, do you have a different drink or morning ritual? It depends on the day if I feel like staying up late or somedays I wake up early ready to go. I have never been a coffee person, however during this pregnancy I have craved Mocha Frappes from McDonald's, but having Gestational Diabetes I've made my own iced drinks at home using sugar free flavored creamer. I usually only drink something like that once or twice a week. 

• How far along are you//EDD: 33wk1d, Jan 23

Size of the baby: celery bunch (I'm copying from @nik012...I can't keep all of the vegetables straight)

Upcoming appointments: a 2nd GD test Thurs am. Yay. 

How are you feeling?: annoyed that I'm being tested for GD again. 

Rants/Raves: so glad to be in the home stretch. And I've finally decided that Jan 7 will be my last day of work until baby arrives. 

Questions:  nope

Morning person. Coffee...when not pregnant, i only enjoy a cup or 2. Since being pregnant this time around, it has made me feel kind of nauseous and gross, so I've switched to tea. 

• How far along are you//EDD: 35+5; January 5

Size of the baby:  pineapple

Upcoming appointments: OB appt tomorrow w/tdap vaccine 

How are you feeling?: Overall pretty good. I get a weird sore spot on my belly that feels like serious pulling and stretching when I'm on my feet for awhile. 

Rants/Raves: My youngest has been fighting a fever for a few days, so my older kid's birthday plans (having a get-together with my family) were a little messed up, but we made the weekend all about him at home, and he seemed happy with that. Hopefully we can do our little party next weekend. I'm also starting to plan freezer meals, and tried a breakfast burrito recipe with my MIL today that should freeze nicely, so I'm excited about that. Now I just need to get my sick kid well so he can go to school and I can make the most out of the energy I have. 

Questions:  nope

GTKY: Are you more of a morning person or night owl? Do you like coffee - if so how do you drink it? If not, do you have a different drink or morning ritual?  When I started teaching, I had to become a morning person - my work day basically started at 7, and thankfully so - it made getting up with newborns a little easier since I was used to waking up at 5 anyway. Still pretty much a morning person - it's pretty rare that I'm up later than 11:30 anymore. I'm definitely a coffee person. We have a nice espresso machine and grinder so we're into making really good lattes. I only have one in the morning, and then sometimes I have a decaf latte in the afternoon, but not often. 

@sarah_is_pregnant good luck with your GD test on Thursday! Here's something that you might appreciate - every time I see "GD test" I read it as "g-d damn test", which may help describe everyone attitude toward it   :D

@MrsJessS I'm sorry to hear your birthday was kind of a bummer. :(

@elksamm I've never had a Brazilian, although I used to get my bikini line waxed regularly. I attempted shaving the other day down there, it was comical to say the least. I kinda ran the razor over what I could and hoped for the best. I can't wait to have my body back, LOL. 

@blackhottamales They almost sent me home with my first kid. My water had broken in the morning, but it was super gradual, like maybe I peed, but I was pretty sure it wasn't pee. They kept testing the fluid and said it wasn't amniotic, and after a couple of hours waiting in a random room they were going to have me walk around the mall, which is right next to the hospital. Yeah, no - no way was I going to walk around leaking fluid in public. Finally the nurse brought a towel, put it on the floor, and then told me to stand over it and see if gravity would help. Thankfully it all came gushing out everywhere, in front of my poor husband, haha! But then I got a room. Told you, people! 

• How far along are you//EDD: 1/6 but C-section on 12/16. So close 😬

Size of the baby: pineapple 

Upcoming appointments: ultrasound on Thursday 

How are you feeling?: Tired and anxious 

Rants/Raves: Rant - still so much to do before baby comes. GD diet and blood testing is no fun either! 

Rave - today is my birthday! 

Questions:  

Definitely a night owl. 

Yes I drink coffee, usually with cream and sugar or flavored creamer. Usually hot but I love iced coffee too! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @GracieL79 wow - you are so so close! I hear you on being over the GD diet and testing, my OB said I only have to to do fasting and after my main meal since none of my number have been elevated since testing. But I definitely follow the diet and while it’s not the worst worst it’s so mind consuming always thinking about what I can/can’t eat (even though I eat the same things all the time). And Happy Happy Birthday 🥳 hope you were able to do something fun/relaxing to spoil yourself!

@Lisa3379 sorry the bday party got canceled but sounds like your older guy ended up having a great time. And way to go already starting on your freezer meals, breakfast burritos sound delicious!

@sarah_is_pregnant good luck on Thursday!

@nik012 congrats on getting the nursery almost done, I got most of ours done over the weekend and it’s so nice to no longer have that weighing over my head.

@MrsJessS sorry your birthday wasn’t what you were hoping, hope H will do something thoughtful to make up for it. Happy happy birthday 🥳 (yesterday) and good to know it wasn’t significantly more painful, I guess I’ll keep my appointment😬

@blackhottamales glad you were able to get some much needed friend time in. And glad your sciatica pain has subsided, I’ve had it come and go this pregnancy and definitely appreciate when it’s not there. At first when I read your rant I thought you wrote 70° and I was so confused - but 7° - that is cold!! Hope you get snow soon - especially on Christmas!
  • rachel0428rachel0428 member
    edited December 2021

How far along are you//EDD: 35w6d/ Jan 4th

Size of the baby: 🍍?

Upcoming appointments: I have weekly appts now on Wednesdays until baby comes. This Wednesday is GBS testing.. yay. I can’t believe we’re in the home stretch already.

How are you feeling?: Gradually bigger and more exhausted by the day. Baby is still quite active and it’s pretty intense punches on my sides now. 

Rants/Raves: Spent this weekend w my immediate family- parents and sister for the holidays. It was really really nice to see them. Also rave- I have a prenatal massage tomorrow! 

Questions:  I don’t think so. 

GTKY: Are you more of a morning person or night owl? Do you like coffee - if so how do you drink it? If not, do you have a different drink or morning ritual? Mmm I’m not really a morning or night person lol.. I tend to have a little more energy at night. I like to slowly enjoy one cup of coffee in the mornings w cream, whether that’s at home or on my commute. 

@elksamm Good question.. I was considering this too but have been too nervous. Struggle is real w attempting to shave there though.

@GracieL79 Happy birthday!!

• How far along are you//EDD: 32+4/c-section scheduled for 1/13@38 weeks

Size of the baby: squash

Upcoming appointments: MFM on Wednesday for bpp, I'm on weekly now.

How are you feeling?: UGH. So over it, but of course hoping baby keeps cooking. Just big, tired, and sick of peeing all the time (and REALLY sick of peeing when I sneeze). Sleep has gotten pretty difficult. A lot of anxiety, but I started zoloft and it's helping.

Rants/Raves: Rant: My daughter is sick. I'm pretty sure it's just a cold, but in covid times there's always that extra worry. I just hate seeing her sick. She was so miserable this morning (but now she's her usual chatterbox, singing self). 

Questions:  none right now

GTKY: Are you more of a morning person or night owl? Do you like coffee - if so how do you drink it? If not, do you have a different drink or morning ritual? 100% night owl. My husband is too, and whether it's nature or nurture I'm not sure, but my daughter definitely is, too. Mornings are a struuuuugle in our house! I actually am not a big coffee drinker- caffeine tends to make me sleepy, but I do like the occasional coffee drink, but there's so much cream and sugar in it, I'm not sure how much it can really be considered "coffee". I love tea, but OJ is my go-to morning drink. Although there are definite times-(like college and with a newborn) that I wish caffeine actually woke me up. 

@elksamm wow you're brave!! I stopped getting Brazilians a long time ago, I can't imagine pregnant! I think if you get them regularly it's not so bad, but remember you have a lot of extra blood flow going on down there...if you would feel more comfortable having it done, then go for it, (I know when I used to get them more regularly it was uncomfortable when it had been too long), but if you can stand to wait until after baby, may not be a terrible idea. 

@MrsJessS happy belated birthday! I'm sorry it was a bust. Hopefully you get make-up cake at some point? Also pre-pregnancy I really liked shapermint's tank tops, but I don't know how great or not they are for postpartum. 

@GracieL79 happy birthday!! It's my dad's birthday, too!

• How far along are you//EDD: 35 weeks 

Size of the baby: pineapple 

Upcoming appointments: next week

How are you feeling?: okay. It’s getting hard to move around and chase after my kids. 

Rants/Raves: Rave: we are supposed to have kitchen counters this week! I’m cautiously optimistic all will go smoothly and we can get this house back in order.    

GTKY: Are you more of a morning person or night owl? Do you like coffee - if so how do you drink it? If not, do you have a different drink or morning ritual? Neither? Ha. I shut down after 8pm but I also like to sleep in. I love coffee. Every day begins with coffee. I drink it with a little half and half. 

• How far along are you//EDD: 34w4d 1/14

Size of the baby: Butternut squash or about 5 lbs

Upcoming appointments: 12/8 US & 12/9 New doctor appointment (moved to high risk)

How are you feeling?: I’m super uncomfortable. I’m also very anxious about seeing the new doctor. 

Rants/Raves: I literally can barley fit in any clothes LOL I just think it’s too late to buy new stuff so I’m basically walking around in maternity leggings & sweatshirts at work, & pretty much just pants less at home LOL. Rave I guess is that it’s coming to the end of pregnancy!

Questions:  None right now

GTKY: Are you more of a morning person or night owl? Do you like coffee - if so how do you drink it? If not, do you have a different drink or morning ritual? I’m a mid day person😂 I don’t like getting up in the mornings, & I also like to go to bed early 😅 I LOVE COFFEE. It doesn’t have much effect on me so I could literally have a pot before bed & sleep soundly. I have been drinking coffee this pregnancy (in moderation of course) some days I really need a little extra tho. I just started doing half decaf half regular coffee at dunks! I had no idea you could do that!! Would have been nice to know 8 months ago😅 I typically will have an iced coffee anytime of the year (yes I’m from Massachusetts, I like my dunkies iced coffees in -100° weather 😅 BUT I do love a hot coffee when out to breakfast or at home when I don’t work that day. 

• @elksamm I got a Brazilian last month and it was a little more sensitive than usual, but I highly reccomend keeping your appt! Less to deal with after birth.

@Mrsjess Happy belated!! Mine is the 22nd! I hope you do get to take your Christmas pictures though! I'm sure everything right now just feels irritating and blah! 

@GracieL79 Happy Belated birthday!! 

How far along are you//EDD: 32 weeks edd: 01/31/21..so awkward. 

Size of the baby: Squash or Cantaloupe 

Upcoming appointments: this Thursday my reg OB and 2nd dr that I see. 

How are you feeling?: Beyond tired.. and my hip/lower back make me cry daily. 

Rants/Raves: Rant we just had our baby shower this past weekend and thank goodness most of our friends have kids cause we got stuff we Actually needed! Also for the most part my pregnancy has been a breeze aside from anemia. 

Rant: the warehouse that made my crib shut down, so gotta get her dresser somewhere else..barely have the nursery set up and my mood swings are outta this world now, especially since trying to sleep is so much harder 😔 I know it's still early but I can feel she's breech! Hopefully she fixes herself before she can't 😭

Questions:  Is anyone trying completely natural? Like no epidural? This is my first and im terrified of needles but obviously whatever has to happen, has to happen. 

Night owl all the way! Hate being up before 10 unless I'm going to Disney. Love my frapps or iced coffee before pregnancy. Every now and then ill do a small chai tea 

• @alexxajams I have a feeling I'll be having an accidental natural experience. My previous two times, the epidural wore off to some degree, so I'm fully bracing for that to happen again, unfortunately. I'll still try, though, and hope for the best. I'm terrified of needles and wrapping my mind around the epidural was the hardest part for me the first time, but it really wasn't too bad in the end. Not trying to talk you into one way or the other, of course! But as one needle-phobe to another, the mental anguish was worse than the actual process, and even though a lot of it wore off, it did feel pretty good, haha. 
  • fifilala516fifilala516 member
    edited December 2021
    @elksamm I was going to do it, but then I never got around to doing it and now I ultimately don't want to pay for it. I either try to just get what I can with a razor, or DH helps me lol.

@MrsJessS Happy belated birthday! I am sorry it wasn't a great one - I always find birthdays to be somewhat disappointing.

@GracieL79 Happy belated birthday!

@alexxajams I am planning on an epidural, but I don't have a needle-phobia. I totally get the fear, though!

How far along are you//EDD: 34w3d / January 15

Size of the baby: Butternut squash or a Tickle-Me-Elmo.

Upcoming appointments: Was supposed to have my 34-wk appointment today, but my parents and I were in a bad car accident yesterday (everyone is fine, thank God - my neck is a bit sore and I cut my chin on something, I don't even know what) so I ended up spending the night in the hospital for observation. I was contracting on the monitor and they said I was about 1-cm dilated, but the baby looked "textbook beautiful" and "perfect," which was reassuring. They also said they wouldn't stop me at this point had I gone into labor. So needless to say, I got to skip my appointment today. I'll go on 12/21 for 36-wks.

How are you feeling?: Other than banged up/shaken up, grateful. My parents' car is totaled, and I was sitting in the back, which got the brunt of the impact - the EMS on-site was amazed I wasn't seriously injured. Also grateful that Baby Girl looks good.

Rants/Raves: Raves - seatbelts. They save lives. Rants - reckless drivers.

Questions: Has anyone had leaky boobs or colostrum come in yet?

GTKY: Are you more of a morning person or night owl? Do you like coffee - if so how do you drink it? If not, do you have a different drink or morning ritual? 100% a morning person. I fall asleep after "Jeopardy!" at 7:30pm these days. At home, I drink half caf-half decaf coffee with almond milk, either hot or iced if we have leftover from the previous morning. If I am getting coffee out, I 9/10 get an iced vanilla latte or iced mocha latte (decaf these days). ALTHOUGH, I love a hot holiday drink at Starbucks, namely the peppermint mocha or the white chocolate mocha. Yuuuuum. 

• @fifilala516 omg thank goodness everyone is okay!!! How scary! 
    Side note, I can get my blood drawn and i.v's no problem, but after seeing a close friend get an epidural i said hell no! Lol. 
    Also my colostrum came in at 6 months and only leaks now if I lean against something (sink while brushing teeth) or holding something heavy against my chest 
  • How far along are you//EDD: 33 weeks today! 

Size of the baby: no idea, but by the bump chart 4 1/2 lbs? All the stretching she’s been doing make me thing larger…

Upcoming appointments: this week, nutritionist and perinatal nurse for blood sugar updates. Next week my 34 week check up and maybe non-stress test begins? Can’t remember.

How are you feeling?: :’( pretty miserable at the moment. Have some kind of sticking point/stitch in my right hip when I walk, so I’ll get a really sharp pain when stepping. Pelvis is a mess, hard to lift my legs to walk, annnd baby is squirming like crazy. Glad she is getting a workout but the big stretches and wiggles hurt sometimes.

Rants/Raves: too much sh*t to do at work and it’s stressing me out which isn’t good for me or baby (rant) but, I am looking forward to my mom coming to visit and be with us for a month to help with the furballs and the baby. 

Questions: I have been feeling so tight on my belly and pain as I shared above at my current 33 weeks. For mamas who are further along, how on earth do you manage as baby gets heavier? I just want to lay here since moving hurts but I know I have to get back on doing yoga regularly to move with less pain.

GTKY: Are you more of a morning person or night owl? Do you like coffee - if so how do you drink it? If not, do you have a different drink or morning ritual? I don’t know which I am anymore…I have aspirations of being a morning person. LOOOVE coffee, and miss it so much. I do have 1 cup a day with bliss creamer (2 tbsp). Lately I’ve been brewing Trader Joe’s light roast with a sprinkle of mulling spices 😌. Ritual-wise, I fell off for a bit, but started back today. I’ll brew my coffee and while it percolates, I shuffle either Oracle or Tarot and pull a card for the day after l have a few sips of coffee.  

• @alexxajams I had planned to go med free with my first but after 9 hrs of labor, my water breaking, contractions being super intense and 1:30 apart AND only being 2 cm dilated I happily welcomed the epidural. I didn’t think about what they were doing and really didn’t care because I was in so much pain. It was absolutely wonderful and I felt zero pain from that point on. This time I definitely plan on getting the epidural.

@fifilala516 oh my goodness how scary!! I’m so glad you and LO are doing well!
  • @alexxajams I’m with you.. it’s my first and I’m hoping to go as long as possible without an epidural but am definitely open to it if labor gets prolonged/ I’m tiring out, etc. I have a couple friends who are anesthesiologists and they reassure me it’s not a big deal but it’s still nerve wracking. 

@fifilala516 wow, how scary! I’m glad to hear you and baby are doing okay!

@bflibump yes! I’m 36 weeks now and keep feeling bigger and tighter by the day but I do think I’m feeling a little bit better as baby is shifting lower. It helps me to change positions often and I’ve been bouncing on an exercise ball or doing gentle stretches when I remember. Hopefully the pressure gets a little better for you! 
  • How far along are you//EDD: 

34 Weeks! Jan 19th.

Size of the baby: 

Baguette Batard (Whatever that is 😆; I think I saw a butternut squash on a different app)

Upcoming appointments: 

Next Wednesday for 35 W appt with GBS test

How are you feeling?: 

Tired, big, low energy.

Rants/Raves: 

Raves: Cabinets should be in tomorrow, then we have to pour our concrete countertops so I can put my house back together before baby. Also, my MIL decided to throw me a sprinkle for this baby and I’m so thankful. Felt like as the third girl she was getting forgotten or not celebrated and now I know she is. 

Questions:  none right now. 

Night owl for sure. I love coffee but don’t drink it while pregnant because of the way it makes me feel. I will start back with my one a day after little girl is born! I’ll probably need it with 3 kids 3 and under. 😬

@fifilala516 I AM SO GLAD YOU AND BABE ARE OKAY! That’s so scary 😥

• @fifilala516 - so glad you and the little one are doing well.  How scary! 
  • @fifilala516 Wow, that's so scary! I'm so glad you and baby are ok. 
  • How far along are you//EDD: 36w4d (1/1)

Size of the baby: I can't even remember any more.  Big - lol!

Upcoming appointments: Mon 12/13.  I'm doing weekly appointments now along with NST. 

How are you feeling?: Ready to be done.  We got through the gestational milestones that I wanted to (at least to DS's, past Thanksgiving, to 35 weeks, and now to 37 weeks.  At this point, I'm ready for her.  I would prefer before Christmas over after.  I really want to go into labor naturally and not be induced, so it needs to happen before 39 weeks. (and Christmas day is exactly 39 weeks)

Rants/Raves: Rant - This dang cough won't go away.  Dr. didn't seem concerned.  And even if I JUST went to the bathroom, I pee a tiny bit.  Confession - I've resorted to wearing period underwear from VS. 

Rave - everyone in my family is back to healthy and out of quarantine! 

Questions:  None that I can think of.

GTKY: Are you more of a morning person or night owl? Do you like coffee - if so how do you drink it? If not, do you have a different drink or morning ritual? I am definitely a night owl.  I struggle hard core in the morning and if I had the choice, I would never get up before 10am. I say I like coffee - but really only if it's a doctored one - with lots of things in it (read calories, fat, and sugar).  Another confession - I've been drinking a hot coffee or chai tea almost every work day since September - and no they haven't been decaf.  Prior to getting pregnant, I rarely stopped to get a beverage because I was trying to stay extra healthy. 

Also, I have never gotten a Brazilian wax before. I can't imagine doing it pregnant when things are already extra sensitive and kind of swollen down there.  I have just shaved by touch - which I imagine is not a very good job. 

@fifilala516I'm SO glad that you and baby are safe! How scary!  I haven't had leaky boobs, but I have been able to express collostrum since about 20 weeks pregnant. 

@alexxajams I am TERRIFIED of needles.  They make me very anxious, and when I was pregnant with my son, I was also anxious about wanting/needing an epidural but not wanting to deal with the needle.  I will say that I don't remember anything from my epidural except for how amazing they are.  I did NOT look at the needle, and I was in so much pain from contractions at that point, I can't even say that it hurt. I told people afterwards that I could give birth a million times over with an epidural. 

DS: 3-6-15 💙
    Baby Girl Due: 1-1-22
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Thanks everyone for your well wishes! 

@magalina_h, so glad your family is healthy and that the doctor isn't concerned about the cough!
  • How far along are you//EDD: 35w4d

Size of the baby: Some sort of lop eared bunny according to my app

Upcoming appointments: Mon 12/13.  36 week appt, GBS test, and growth scan

How are you feeling?: A little panicky as my induction is 3 weeks from Saturday, but our car seat got delivered this week, so my goal for this weekend is to get everything set up to the point that if I went into labor the house would be ready.

Rants/Raves: Rant - My doctors office lost the FMLA paper work I dropped off with them 4 weeks ago so I had to redo it all. 

Rave - my husband has been great about cooking and carrying things up and down the stairs for me. (Downstair laundry problems)

Questions:  For STM+, how many burp rags, crib sheets, changing pad covers do you really need?

GTKY: Are you more of a morning person or night owl? Do you like coffee - if so how do you drink it? If not, do you have a different drink or morning ritual? I am a tea drinker. Usually hot Earl Gray or English Breakfast with just sugar in the morning. I also love Chai but am too lazy to make chai lattes at home so usually only get that if I am grabbing something at a coffee shop.

• @pedsoncrn461 my son was a huge puker, so we had a lot of burp rags stashed in the usual feeding places around the house, about 3 or 4 crib sheets, and just 2 change table covers. I use(d) prefold cloth diapers on the change table under his bum and would wash those when they got dirty as opposed to changing the cover all of the time. 
    I was doing a lot of laundry anyway because he was cloth diapered. 
  • @pedsoncrn461 My answers are literally the exact same as @sarah_is_pregnant for everything, hahaha... except we used disposable diapers. But yeah, what she said  :D
  • @pedsoncrn461 I don't think you can have too many burp rags. My favorites are the Aden and anais burpy bibs because they're huge and very absorbent. 

I had 2 each pack and play pad covers, crib mattress covers, crib sheets, and changing pad covers for my son and it was fine. One in the laundry, one being used. I have more now because I got some "girly" patterns and still have the ones for my son. 
    DS: 3-6-15 💙
    Baby Girl Due: 1-1-22
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @fifilala516 omg so glad you’re ok!!

@alexxajams I am not generally afraid of needles, but something about the thought of the epidural freaked me out. I had a scheduled csection due to preeclampsia, so natural was never an option for me (and won’t be this time). I don’t know why, but the epidural was the thing I was most freaked out about. I was holding it together fine until I felt the needle touch my back. It didn’t hurt, but it was just that moment of all my built up anxiety came out and I started full on bawling, while trying to tell the anesthesiologist I was fine and nothing was wrong. I then heard him say “let’s give her something to relax her”. Whatever that was was MAGICAL. I remember being wheeled into the OR and just watching the ceiling roll by high as a kite saying “why does anyone go med free?! This is awesome!”. The nurses were cracking up. (No judgement if you go med free, I was just feeling VERY good at that moment in time). So anyway my point is that the concept of the epidural is worse than the actual epidural, but I thought totally worth it.

@pedsoncrn461 agree with @magalina_h you can’t have too many burp rags and the Aden+Anais burp cloth bibs are great-they sat well on the shoulder and are huge and very absorbent. I also like the burts bees ones, they’re very robust. I had 3 changing pad covers, but one of the greatest things I had was a stack of washable waterproof liners that sat on top of the cover. They are pretty cheap for a multi pack and then you can just throw it off to the side and replace if needed. I had 9 and even if I was putting off laundry I still always had spares, and we had a LOT of blowouts in the first few months. I still rarely change the cover, just swap out the liners. For bedding I liked to have 3 sets of waterproof liner and sheets, so I always had a clean one and a spare, even if I didn’t do laundry right away. And I really recommend liners so you can take them off and replace and not have to deal with wiping anything down in the middle of the night. 
  • I don't know how y'all had painless epidural insertions...
    Mine was put in place before I started to have real contractions, so maybe that's why it hurt. So. Damn. Much. 
    So much. 
    I'm scared for it this time around. 
  • @fifilala516 so sorry to hear about your accident. I’m sure that was very frightening. Glad you, baby and family are okay.