June 2022 Moms
Options

FFFC 12/10

Re: FFFC 12/10

• Options
    I’m dreading breastfeeding this baby. The first few months especially. If my husband wasn’t so for it I’d most likely formula feed- guilt free. I just think the pain, stress of baby gaining enough/getting enough, not being able to take turns on night feeds…. makes my PPA so much worse. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    No shame in the no nursing game!! Do whatever works best for you. Also, it’s not easy and effortless for everyone so feel free to smack people that tell you it is.
    for legal reasons the last part is a joke.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Haha thank you! I breastfed my first two for 18ish months and I know it gets easier (until I had to wean lol) so I’m going to try again.. but people definitely skim over how painful it can be. The mastitis, clogged ducts… no fun. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I’m dreading breastfeeding again too. I pumped and bottle fed the first two since nursing didn’t work.  That was nice since DH could help but it was so much work.  The third nursed like a champ but started refusing a bottle at three days old and never ended up taking one.  I’m still breast feeding her at 19 months and I'm so over it.  I had am over supply and dealing with all the clogged ducts was awful.  I’m not sure how this one will work.
  • Options
    I tried my best and stuck it out for 10 months with the first one, but we had to supplement with formula from the beginning. I have one side that doesn’t produce more than a quarter ounce, no one knows why, and the other side can’t keep up. I was spending $30/week just on supplements to try and boost production AND spending more than that on formula. So here’s to doing my best again, but also giving myself room to say enough earlier. 
  • Options
    I had a NICU baby and the neonatologist was very anti-BF. So, son started exclusively on formula and then we started introducing breastmilk. It was ROUGH in the beginning (me crying and him crying the whole time trying to get him to latch). We did make it to 8 months with a combo of breast and formula, but it was a tough road. I'm personally a fan of feeding both, but that's what works for me.
    Pregnancy TickerSaveSave
  • Options
    My ridiculous FFFC: whenever I log on to TB on my computer and post I can see my ridiculous turkey ticker change from years ago but I don't know how to change and to be honest...I'm just not sure I care.  :#
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker