May 2022 Moms

The Great Big Name Thread

Re: The Great Big Name Thread

• @And846 I like Lennon too! Not for us, but in general. I had never heard that name until my coworker named his daughter that. 
  • You guys probably know this but Nameberry has the best name generator. If you put in one name you like it gives you 20 you might like that are similar. Just sharing in case anyone else wasn’t aware of it.
    Also TBT to those giant “baby name” books. Does anyone have one of those?!
  • Loading the player...
  • @tacosandtums yep. I have the big million names baby name book 😂😂😂

• @tacosandtums we did but I got rid of it during our move because we were “totally done” after DS was born lol
  • @runninginva I know at least two adult males named Benji. Very successful and mature people. Never have they gone by any other form of the name. I totally think it grows. Not sure what I think of “Benji Bell”, but maybe the full middle name would work!
  • @b_1029 a friend has 2 girls named Peyton and Stella. I really like the combo. Just a thought!
  • @nikkimc8 what a beautiful name!! Love it! 💖💖💖

•  @nikkimc8, love it! That's beautiful!

@tacosandtums thank you for mentioning that website. I hadn't heard of it before 

What do you guys think of Samuel Drew? Samuel would be after my MILs maiden name (plus DH's grandparents' last name of course, who recently passed so it would be nice to honor them.) Drew would be after my MIL, Deborah, who we've really wanted to name after since I was pregnant with DS as she passed when DH was kid. We just could never come up with a D name for him so we have up on that. 
  • @nikkimc8 awww I love that! 

@runninginva I think Samuel drew has a nice ring to it 
  • @runninginva Samuel Drew sounds great!! And I love the sentiment behind it for you and DH family. 💜

• Our current top contender is Adley Grace. Adley doesn’t have any significance, and Grace is DH’s grandma’s middle name (we have slim pickins for family names in terms of everyone’s first names haha). We also like Logan Grace or Logan Michelle (for DH’s mom)

shoutout to @MrsLaLaBug because I definitely rediscovered this name while looking at a list of A names for her 🤣
  • Hahaha @b_1029 so glad I could be of help!!! 😂LOVE Adley Grace!! 💖💖💖

• At this point I’m seriously considering a professional baby namer for this kid. DH and I have literally come up with nothing. We’ve known it was a girl for almost 8 weeks now and 0 names have been even loosely considered by both of us
  • @skc040512 I am right there with you. 💯 feel that. It’s been disheartening to me bc my other two it really was NOT this hard and was way more immediate. 

• @skc040512 and @MrsLaLaBug sending baby name dust your way! What are some names that you like but aren’t sold on? I know you have both posted before but maybe if you remind us we can help lol 
  • Shelby, Arleigh, Elyse, Laine(DH doesn’t like), Amielle, Leighton at this point I mean I’ve given up talking about it bc it’s just a frustration for me even though I know that’s a FWP

• @b_1029 I love Adley Grace! What a beautiful name! 
  • skc040512skc040512 member
    edited December 2021
    @MrsLaLaBug I love Leighton and Elyse! Al the names are great but those are probably my favorites from your list

@tacosandtums we literally have nothing 😂 I was reading a synopsis from a book the other day and was like “huh Aria is nice” but I’m not sold. I’ve always liked Samantha but idk how it actually goes with my other kids names (Juliana, Annabeth and Eli). I’m just hoping we come up with something, otherwise she’s gonna end up being named after a doctor or nurse who helps deliver 😂
  • @MrsLaLaBug I think Shelby Laine goes together so well If you don’t have a middle name picked. 

And I completely am with you - I don’t even talk about names anymore because I have no ideas haha!
  • MrsLaLaBugMrsLaLaBug member
    edited December 2021
    @skc040512 my son is pretty much named after my OB LOL!!!! When I found out my cervical cancer had come back for round 2 I was terrified I wouldn’t be able to have another baby and it took 3 years of treatment before I was allowed to even try for DD. But my OB(Dr. Landry) was like “we’re GOING to do this”. And because of him, I have my son!(Landry) It’s actually a pretty common last name in Louisiana but I always liked it anyway. It’s made all the more special bc without my doctor I wouldn’t have either of my children, as the first OB I had told me I’d NEVER have kids. 💜💜💜

• @laketide it’s just so frustrating bc we will kindof throw around this and throw around that, for a little while, then it sort of wears off and it’s like mehhhhh, blah. Elyse is actually one liked by all 4 of us, and we all really like Laine except for DH and he hates it. 😂

• @MrsLaLaBug aw what a sweet story about your son's name! Good doctors really make a world of difference. 
  • I am considering adding a new name to my list: Keira. Kira? “Keer-uh”

Current shortlist is:
    Maeve
    Magnolia
    Sloane 
  • @tacosandtums lurrrrve them ALL. Especially Magnolia. 💜💜💜And I’d go for the “Keira” spelling. 

• So, we had our ultrasound today. While we don’t “officially” know they gender until Christmas, we had an intern doing the beginning of the scan and he sat on the potty shot for ages. I’m 99% sure I saw a “hamburger” and hubby was looking for a penis the whole time and didn’t find one. So, we’re both quite convinced girl. My husband is Pakistani and I’m Caucasian Canadian, so we want a name that works in both cultures. Our first 2 girls are Nora and Lillian. This is what I’ve got so far on our possible names list:

Amber
    Jasmine
    Maya / Mona
    Nadia / Nadine
    Sophia / Safia
    Zaina / Zena

Thoughts?
  • @annashaf I love the name Nadia! Also love Sophia or Safia. 
  • @annashaf out of your list I like Maya and Nadia the best!!!! 

• @annashaf I think Maya and Sophia go best with your other two! Although Jasmine is gorgeous too! 
  • @annashaf I love Nadia and Safia!! 
  • @annashaf I like Sophia best. Or Sophie? If that works. I also like maya. 
  • My top boy names-

1. James
    2. Charlie
    3. Rhett
    4. Cole

Thoughts? Other kid’s name is very traditional/classic but not super trendy. Our last name is “J” and it’s complicated to spell so I require an easy to say and spell first name (maybe that takes Rhett out?). 
  • @brookejay06 I absolutely love Rhett. I don’t think it’s complicated to spell at all. 💙 

• Well I'm currently fixated on the name Noa for one of the girls. It is a female name from the old testament (but we aren't religious) and it means "motion" so I thought it would be fitting for my baby B who moves constantly. My husband isn't sold and I've gotten mostly negative feedback from family who say it's too masculine for a girl. Curious what the consensus is here? 
    Married 11.12.11
    JB 08.02.13 
    EC 12.11.15
    GE 04.04.19
    #4 & #5 due 05.05.22
  • @jackdetroit I don’t find Noa to masculine and actually know a few girls with that name. I think it’s cute that there is meaning behind it (my DD got her name because it was just a name I liked and husband didn’t hate 🤣)
  • @jackdetroit *personally* I don’t typically like masculine names for girls, which I think Noa is - not in the spelling, but it the sound. However, that’s my preference for my own kids. I had a friend in college named Devon and she said everyone always assumed she was a dude and I think that’s where my aversion came from lol. As far as the name Noa goes, I actually really like it. If it’s one you’re really set on, maybe you can compromise and let DH come up with some top choices for baby A, and you can pick the top choices for baby B?
  • @jackdetroit I love the name Noa for a girl. There’s someone I follow on instagram who has a daughter named Noah, it suits her perfectly.

@brookejay06 Rhett is my favourite from your list.

I am clearly still damaged from when we had to name our first daughter because I’m hesitant to share any names with family this time. Mostly DH’s family. I’ve been so quiet about it, I think they think I just have no idea this time around, and very sweetly sent me a long list of their favourite names yesterday… I can tell they worked very hard on it, but we are at completely opposite ends when it comes to names. 😂
  • @jackdetroit I think Noa for a girl is great! 

Our current “name of the week” is Arleigh. 🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️

• @addsprinkles521 @skc040512 @fireflyz_56 @MrsLaLaBug thanks for the input! I'm thinking if we go feminine with the middle name it will help. 

At this point I don't know if these babies will have names before they're born. We're just not agreeing on anything. I hate calling them A & B though. 
    Married 11.12.11
    JB 08.02.13 
    EC 12.11.15
    GE 04.04.19
    #4 & #5 due 05.05.22