Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Constipation

DS hasn't pooped in 2 days. He doesn't seem to be in any pain (yet), but I'm starting to get nervous. He's had a couple diet changes this past week and a half- going from being supplemented with RTF formula to a diet of nearly all powdered formula. It's the perfect recipe for constipation! I'm just not sure what to do. And of course it's a Sunday and the dr's office is closed haha. Isn't that how it always works!

Anniversary

Re: Constipation

• 2 days isn't a concern for me. I know a lot of moms who've been told by their pediatricians that it's more of a concern around 5-7 days. My DD poops only every couple of days and then it's 2-4 diapers with poop. However if he's straining or his poop is solid then it probably is constipation. I'd wait until tomorrow and call the office and see what they say but don't worry about it until then. 
    If it's constipation they'll probably advise an ounce or so of water or watered down apple or prune juice every day. 
  • Loading the player...
  • 2 days recess is literally too early to get nervous. babies can go days without going to poop. the issues becomes frustrating when the baby is unsettled which at the moment the baby is not showing an signs of pain or discomfort. I guess its normal but, if you want to treat constipation I would suggest going for herbal aids. there's an herbal formula "babies magic tea" especially designed for babies to help them through constipation, gas and colic naturally. you can find it on amazon or Walmart.