July 2022 Moms
Options

GTKY: How will you announce?

How are you planning to announcing your pregnancy?
I know with the holidays coming up there might be some people planning to announce at Christmas. Are you doing anything special for it? 
Or if you have announced already, what did you do? Or if you're planning on waiting, what will you do and when?

*TW* TTC history
Me:32 DH:31
Married: 8/2015

TTC #1: 4/2017
Testing: HSG, U/S, BW, and DH's SA all normal
DX: Unexplained
8/2018: Clomid + TI = BFN
9/2018: Clomid + TI + Progesterone = BFN
11/2018: Clomid + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
12/2018: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone \\ Cancelled due to cyst
1/2019: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD Sept 30th, 2019
10/7/2019: Healthy baby boy!

TTC #2: 12/2020
2/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
3/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
4/2021: Surprise! Natural BFP! \\ EDD Jan 6th, 2022 \\ Chemical, betas not rising
8/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
9/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
10/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
11/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD July 29th, 2022

Re: GTKY: How will you announce?

• Options
    We're not doing anything special. After a MMC, we just aren't feeling up to it. We haven't told anyone yet because I wanted to see the baby on US first, but my mom is here visiting and I think she knows anyway. I may just tell her. Other than that, we'll probably just text out a picture of the US to immediate family only. Not telling anyone else until at least second trimester, and won't publicly announce until probably almost 20 weeks. I was really effected by our loss and one of the saddest things is not being able to just enjoy being pregnant. I feel like that was taken away from me since it was our first pregnancy. 

Last time, my husband sent his parents mugs saying "Grandma established 2021" or something like that. They still have the mugs on their shelf, even though they didn't become grandparents! It's so awkward.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    zwink1zwink1 member
    edited December 2021
    I honestly don't think we'll do anything to "announce."  We didn't do any sort of social media announcement with DS, and just sort of told people organically as it came up.  Both of our immediate families already know because we're IF and our parents/siblings are aware of the situation, so they knew we had restarted treatment.  Outside of family, I'll probably start sharing toward the beginning of 2nd Tri.  H can't keep a secret to save his life though, and had already shared with a few close friends.  Which is annoying to me, but whatever I guess.  

My biggest challenge right now is deciding when/how to tell DS.  He's 3, so old enough to get it but not really get it.  
  • Options

So I’ll only be 9 weeks by the time Christmas rolls around. I’m not sure I would feel comfortable telling the whole family then. I’d like to have the NIPT and NT scan done first. But we should have an ultrasound to confirm the heartbeat in a couple week. I might just tell my mom by putting an ultrasound picture into a card and having her open it in private.

The only people we’ve told so far are our best friends (everyone in my old BMB lol and MH’s friend who lives states away). I feel a little weird keeping it from my mom since I know I would tell her if we ended up having a MC anyways. But MH asked me not to. So I’m going to respect that. I also really want to tell my grandma, because she’s told me that she’s praying for me every night (she knows we are/have gone through fertility treatment). It feels wrong not telling her.

The other thing I thought about doing is putting DS in a shirt that says “Brother bear” and just letting him walk around my parents house until they notice lol.

Anyways, all of that is basically saying I don’t know what we’re doing yet lol.

*TW* TTC history
    Me:32 DH:31
    Married: 8/2015

TTC #1: 4/2017
    Testing: HSG, U/S, BW, and DH's SA all normal
    DX: Unexplained
    8/2018: Clomid + TI = BFN
    9/2018: Clomid + TI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2018: Clomid + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    12/2018: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone \\ Cancelled due to cyst
    1/2019: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD Sept 30th, 2019
    10/7/2019: Healthy baby boy!

TTC #2: 12/2020
    2/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    3/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    4/2021: Surprise! Natural BFP! \\ EDD Jan 6th, 2022 \\ Chemical, betas not rising
    8/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    9/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    10/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD July 29th, 2022

• Options
    I wish I could do a cute announcement but everyone already knows. 😔 
  • Options
    Well after all my dramatics about not wanting to tell anyone (woe is me!), I started dry heaving today and my mom said "Is there something you want to tell me?" So now she knows! And it made me feel better. And it even made me feel like it's ok to get excited. Any Psych 101 student probably would have known that, but sometimes you just have to go through something to learn.
  • Options
    Not positive yet. I’m a PGAL mom and it was recent so we’ve been more cautious about sharing early. A couple of my close friends who live out of state know and hubby just let it slip to a couple of his friends this week. I’m feeling a little better after our US today so will decide with hubby what to do and when. Maybe tell immediate family soon or wait until my follow up and NIPT in a couple weeks. 
    I also got this shirt that we might use 
  • Options
    I might do my "it's not a food baby" shirt for extended family if we tell our parents at Christmas haha.
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    I didn’t publicly announce either of my babies until 16-18 weeks. If someone asked, I’d tell them but we didn’t tell the world until then. My mom knows and my two best friends know.  I’m not sure what we’ll do this time (TW***that timeline lines up with the due date of the baby I miscarried in July, so will probably push this out).  Maybe we’ll do Easter and do it with Easter eggs.
  • Options
    katy5787katy5787 member
    edited December 2021
    We told immediate family only on Thanksgiving. I was only 5.5 weeks at the time, but our families live on opposite sides of the United States and it was an extremely rare thing that they were all together so it was the perfect opportunity. Our first pregnancy started right when COVID started so we couldn’t announce to our families in person last time which was a big bummer. So glad we got to do it in person this time around! Only very close friends and immediate family know at this point. We probably won’t announce publicly until about 20 weeks after we’ve completed all genetic testing and anatomy ultrasound to make sure the baby is ok first (that’s what we did for the first pregnancy too and it seemed to work out well). 
  • Options
    I'm not going to do a formal announcement until I'm much further along (too many risk factors), but my MIL is coming over for Christmas this year, and my DH wants to put an ultrasound pic in her Christmas card. ☺️ I'll be 9.5wks when she's in town.

TW:
    We lost the last pregnancy almost 2.5 years ago at 9+wks, and my MIL was at my house when I got the last BFP, so she was devastated when I miscarried. I'm nervous, but our next OB appointment is before she gets in town, so hopefully we'll know if something is up. 🤞
  • Options
    I gave my parents a Hannukah card that said “Sorry, your Hannukah present is on layaway until July” when we saw them last night to celebrate. They got a big kick out of it and are very excited. So excited that my stepdad immediately posted on Facebook how excited he is to be a grandfather again 🤦🏻‍♀️. As soon as I realized I told him to delete it, but my two best friends definitely saw it as well as another friend (and who knows how many others) so I’m majorly pissed because I definitely had plans to tell my BFFs in person and was NOT ready to announce on social media yet. I hope my ILs didn’t see it because I was planning to reveal to them at Christmas by having DD open a “big sister” shirt. Maybe now I’ll take a picture of her in the shirt and just announce on social media then, even though I was going to wait to do that until January when I’ll be 12 weeks. I also wanted to do some sort of dinosaur themed announcement (planning a dino themed nursery for this kid) so maybe I’ll do that for the sex reveal.
  • Options
    twentythree19twentythree19 member
    edited December 2021
    We don’t know when we are announcing yet…BIL & SIL we’re scheduled for/did a FET a couple weeks after we got the BFP (they’re in the TWW right now). If the FET works, we want to discuss with BIL & SIL on their plans so we aren’t stealing any thunder - we’ve done this before, and they haven’t and I want them to have their moment. So send all your sticky baby vibes for them! 

But yeah, we’ll tell immediate family first but none of the parents can keep a secret and my family all works in the same industry so we’ll likely tell the world within a day or two if telling family. 

@creativesoul63  I am so sorry that happened to you! That is one of my nightmares too. Fx that not too many folks saw it and that your stepdad doesn’t do anymore boneheaded moves like that!
  • Options
    We got immediate family members “gifts from Santa.” I told everyone that after the all the loss from this year (much family drama stemming from a divorce), Mr. and Mrs. Claus thought we could all use an extra gift. 

My sisters and sister in law got bracelets with a personalized note from Tiny Human. The bracelets have their birthstone and Tiny Human’s birthstone. I got my mom this artistic family tree that has a spot for Tiny Human’s name and birthday. My mother and father in law got Christmas ornaments that say “parents est. 1987. Grandparents est. 2022.”