June 2022 Moms

Re: UO Tuesday 11/30

• Random Gift exchange games are dumb. I don’t understand why we all spend 20-40$ for us all to get something we don’t want, need, or like. I’m more than happy to shop for an individual person but group gift games are a waste of money and time. 
  • @daisy0322 That reminds me of the time we had a secret santa exchange at work. We get together, have lunch, exchange gifts, and I am the only person who doesn't get a gift. Turns out the person who was drew my name, had already left town for the holidays.
  • Loading the player...
  • @daisy0322 YES!!! I couldn't agree more. Also, white elephant gift exchanges and stealing gifts. I have a friend who loves getting the most random crap thinking it's funny, but it's just a waste of money. 
    @romeoandjuliet146 ugh, people suck! 

Baby-related, but I enjoy gender reveals (parties, announcements, etc). I don't truly understand why people dislike them so much. 

***History & TW in Spoiler***

***bfp & child warning***
    TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IUI #1 - October 2015 - BFN
    IUI #2 - November 2015 - BFN
    IUI #3 - December 2015 - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Retrieval #1 - April 2016
    FET #1 - May 2016 - BFP!!! DS - Born January 2017
    Trying for baby #2...
    FET #2 - January 2018 - BFN  
    No more embryos left; switched to a new RE
    IVF/Retrieval #2 - January 2019
    IVF/Retrieval #3 - March 2019
    FET #3 - April 2019 - BFP!!! - DD: Born December 2019
    Trying for baby #3...
    FET #4 - October 2021 - BFP!!! - Due June 2022

• @daisy0322 Same! I hate them so much. We do White elephant at work every year and honestly it is such a waste usually someone leaves grumpy and everyone leaves with a gift they don't really want. 

@tulips29 I actually enjoy them too. I think they are super fun. I get the issue with the name "gender reveal" but the concept is fun. 
  • @Tulips29 Yep, same about the white elephant gift exchanges. A guy took what I had as a gift for his girlfriend. HR had some gifts that seemed crummy, but had money or scratch tickets in them.
  • I once got a sweet snow scrapper for my car in a family Yankee swap! Lol But they can definitely be super annoying.  I’d rather do a secret Santa where you know who you’re buying for and can get something they actually want. 
  • I do not care how much I eat or weight I gain while I’m pregnant. I’d rather be comfortable than hungry. 
  •  We’re a military family and every year around the holidays I’m so thankful we live in a different state and don’t have to worry about driving to a bunch of houses every holiday or upsetting someone if we do Christmas morning with one family and not the other. I’d rather see them all throughout the year and not spend Thanksgiving/ Christmas stressed out. 

@fluteling I wish I could be like this. I have to force myself not to look at the scale every appointment and just let myself eat without worrying. I’ve already started comparing myself to my size during my last pregnancy and I need to stop. 

@Tulips29 I like gender reveals too! I’ve never had one but cry almost every time I see someone else’s! Lol 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @shelbielizabeth I grew up military and I loved that part. Now that I’m not, the holiday stress of driving and planning and oof! No thanks!!! 
    Also, the weight stuff is hard for so many reasons. I already know my pants don’t fit and I’m losing my cheekbones into face flab so I don’t need to add a number to it! When I go to the OB’s I get weighed backwards. I don’t need to see the number and I ask they only discuss it with me if it’s significant. Hang in there. 🙌
  • @fluteling yes girl! So what if I gain an extra 10lbs my stomach is never wonderful while pregnant and there’s enough To worry about without worrying about my weight. I do t find it incredibly hard to lose post baby anyway. 
  • RE gender reveals: I think they’re fun! So long as no one is wanting a boy or girl so badly they’ll be disappointed if it’s the opposite. My cousin had a giant party for her reveal and she spent the first 20 weeks talking about how it was definitely a girl and she can’t wait for all things pink and only picked out girl names- well he’s a boy and she cried. Definitely not a picture perfect moment but not there’s pictures and videos everywhere because - YALL SHE LIVE STREAMED IT. Bless her heart she loves her son now but I had never been more relieved I couldn’t make it to a party before lol. 
  • @daisy0322 one year for work we had a secret santa where we had to buy our favorite things for the other person. Uh, why? That's no fun.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • We do white elephant for work and every year I donate what I got or throw it away because it’s always useless garbage. I try and buy booze that I know will get fought over and at least someone will enjoy it. I’d rather we just didn’t do it though.