June 2022 Moms
Options

Mental Health check in December

Feel free to share here, how your feeling good/bad/ugly. Or share If your doing anything for self care, Anything your proud of, Etc 

I know not all will be Interested but this place will be here if you ever are! This needs to be a safe place for everyone please keep in mind we want to keep this a supportive safe space. 

Re: Mental Health check in December

• Options
    I've been waiting for an official promotion at work for 18 months (thanks COVID-19), so doing the job without any recognition and support and finally was told Oct 15th (the day before I got my positive test) that I was going to get the promotion officially. It's now 6 weeks later and still waiting...worried I will have to start telling people about my pregnancy before the compensation and everything is sorted. Also scared to tell my medical director I'm taking 12 weeks of "vacation" as the male physicians like to call it. 

More importantly, my psoriasis has been flaring something terrible ever since I had shingles at the beginning of this pregnancy. My immune system is determined to make this terrible for me it seems. It's getting to the point where I don't want to go to work because it's on my face (thankful I have to wear a mask at work!) and hands and it hurts to walk. Four weeks ago I asked my dermatologist to put me on the only pregnancy safe drug because I couldn't stand it any more and now that's taking forever to get approved and no one can tell me why. 

Feeling super impatient on both fronts and it's really hampering my excitement about my first baby. Also don't want to go anywhere or do anything so I'm basically just working 60 hour weeks. 
  • Options
    I feel you!  It's so stressful feeling like you're in limbo with your career at such an important time in your personal life. I'm sure it'll work out just fine. They wouldn't have told you that your were being promoted if there aren't plans in place to implement your new position. Can you reach your HR and ask if you can provide any info to start the process as kind of a nudge to get things going?
    You're absolutely entitled to feeling stressed or scared; you have a lot going on. Try to remember these stressful situations are always temporary and you have a lot of exciting things coming to you. You're going to be a Mom! 😀.  Hope you hear great news about your job soon and wishing you the best in both your promotion and your first pregnancy!