June 2015 Moms

Cute baby stores

im a FTM and I'm looking for some good baby stores ( mainly for clothes and accessories) I'm a bit of a fashion snob and hate anything " baby ish" I like the baby stuff from j crew and some stuff from baby gap, does anyone have any favourite stores ( that sell online) that have really cute baby stuff?? I'm stumped

Re: Cute baby stores

• @musictchr25‌ ah good idea! I love etsy and didn't even think about looking there.
  • Loading the player...
  • You're from the DC area right? Dawn Price Baby in Reston Town Center is awesome! They have a website too but you'd have much better luck in-store, especially with clothes. 

Proud Mama to cleft cutie <3
  • I love Janie and Jack!
    June 2015 Siggy Challenge: Pinterest Fails
  • @mamahawk12‌ no, I'm from Toronto but I will def check them out online!
  • Oh, haha, not sure where I got that from! 

Proud Mama to cleft cutie <3
  • I second Etsy, especially since my super talented bestie has a shop on there (she does suspenders, baby car seat covers/canopies, bows/bow ties.) But I also buy from Old Navy/Gap online.
  • Etsy (https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheWishingElephant has some SUPER cute stuff), and almost everything from the SoyBaby line (available on Amazon).   I bought a friend a couple of the "kimono onesies" and they were so cute I've registered for 4 of them. 

image  image
  • I love Janie and Jack!

Yes! Janie and Jack is THE cutest! I used to think Gymboree was cute but lately their stuff seems like a baby/toddler version of Limited Too. I also love Hanna Andersson and Baby Boden.
  • @tiffbot1985‌ I'm having twins! But won't know the sexes until the 16th. @Trampslikeus‌ OMG you had me at kimono onsies!

I've never heard of janie and Jack but I know what I'm going to be doing this afternoon, we are having a huge snow storm here so it's a perfect day for online shopping :)
  • @tiffbot1985‌ what an adorable little boy you have
  • I love Janie and Jack!
    Yes! Janie and Jack is THE cutest! I used to think Gymboree was cute but lately their stuff seems like a baby/toddler version of Limited Too. I also love Hanna Andersson and Baby Boden.
    Second the rec for HA and Mini Boden.  H&M, and Tea Collection. Also I'll plug Kickee Pants for pajamas, footsies, rompers, and onesies because they are the best. 
    June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I love Zara Baby. Inexpensive and the boy clothes are much more my style.
  • You're from the DC area right? Dawn Price Baby in Reston Town Center is awesome! They have a website too but you'd have much better luck in-store, especially with clothes. 

I'm in the area, so that helps me at least! Thanks!

Me (31) Him (31)
    Married: 5/2013
    CP: 9/18/14 (4w:4d)
    BFP: 10/16/14 EDD: 6/21/15

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Agree Hanna and Mini Boden. Tea Collection and Splendid wear well and I have a couple Zutano things, though their patterns can be a bit out there sometimes. I bought like 3 outfits from Mad Sky Kids/Mad Boy and while I love love love their fabric patterns, they royally screwed me over size-wise and I'll never trust them again. Their sizes are completely inaccurate, as in the 3-6 month visibly was bigger than the 12-18 month when held up to each other. And they didn't even respond when I complained with pictures so they are on my post-it forever. (yes, I'm still bitter.)

Shoes, I adore Livie and Luca. If I have a girl I may venture into the Saltwater sandals too because they look cute. 

Zulily and Gilt occasionally have good deals on more unique designers. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    DS 10.2012   #2 EDD 6.18.15
  • I buy layering basics from carters ( the 5 pack onesies in solid colors, 6 pack socks, and 2 pack pants in solids since you can go through them so fast it's not worth spending the extra money. newborns grow so fast.

For the newborn kimono onsies, novelty onesies, tees, dresses and jackets I spent more money on them and purchased them from petite bateau, tea collection, splendid and baby gap

I didn't like the baby soy onesie fit. The ones I had fit too short and wide.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers IAmPregnant Ticker
  • I like Tea Collection and BabyGap, but the lesson I learned from my DD was not to go overboard on expensive baby clothes. She grew out of everything so fast until she hit around 18 months and actually wore things for more than a week or two.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @tiffbot1985‌ what an adorable little boy you have

Haha aw thanks. This was from 6 months ago, he looks so tiny!

Anyway, I just came back here because I remembered the Children's Place. I haven't actually gotten a lot there yet but recently signed up with them online and they also constantly have deals on.

Happy shopping!
  • H&M maybe? Gymboree?

Oshkosh B'Gosh and Carters are my favorites personally, but your taste is clearly fancier than mine.

Carter's is my favorite too. I just think it washes and wears well. Plus I like that even though there are some "babyish" patterns there aren't tons of big graphics, etc. I'm picky about that. My general rule is that I won't put her in anything I wouldn't wear, so it's mostly tees and leggings. With some exceptions. I wouldn't wear a onesie that says "darling."
    Lilypie - (bDmZ)Lilypie - (SUYh)
    image imageimage

• Oh and I forgot! We have a couple of Vera Bradley baby outfits that we got on sale and they have held up so well, I'm shocked! They are also super soft.
    Lilypie - (bDmZ)Lilypie - (SUYh)
    image imageimage

• Zara has GREAT stuff and I am obsessed with Freshly Picked - cutest baby moccasins! Nordstrom sometimes has good stuff, although they can be hit or miss. Rylee and Cru is an amazing designer with a lot of unique pieces. I can't think of anymore off the top of my head, but I find a lot of great finds through Instagram!
  • @harperlyon‌ Just checked out rylee and cru! Sooo cute, just what I'm looking for. still fun.. But not baby pink. I also love the moccasins, I'm definitely getting some. Thanks
  • Thanks ladies! Some great suggestions, I agree with the not going overboard with expensive clothes when babies grow so fast but I think that stuff can still be stylish and not super expensive! I just love clothes and fashion so I'm excited to see all this stuff I haven't heard of before.
  • I have to second, or third? the H&M rec. I am pretty picky about what DD wears, but I am also realistic about budget for a baby/toddler's wardrobe. H&M has great stuff that I would totally wear. It's all cotton, washes and wears great, and the usually have buy 2 get 1 sales on their "basic" line, which is usually organic cotton, if that's a plus for you.

DD is lanky, 40% height, and under the chart for weight, and H&M works great for her, b/c they cut their clothes thin.

I am super excited to go crazy there for the twins since we sold most of DD's clothes and need to fill up again.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Mom to P (12/7/10) Step-Mom-to-be to H (05/29/13)
    BFP 10/13/14 TWINS! 20 week loss of both twins, Scott Feivel and Miles Conrad
    BFP 06/19/2015 16 week loss, Penny June
    2015 Working with RI; Diagnosed with thrombopheiia and celiacs
    BFP 03/12/16 TWINS AGAIN! PLEASE BE OUR RAINBOWS
  • I live in Hamilton and they have a few really nice, small business stores that have hand made and crocheted baby stuff if you're ever up for a trip into Hamilton. One of them is called barefoot babies, it's a nice store and reasonably priced.

And old navy too, I was in there the other day, they are kind of hit and miss but they do get nice stuff in sometimes
  • @emilywooddesign Uhhhgggh...great timing with this post... finding the balance between too expensive and too cheesy is hard. Today is the first day I've gone out browsing (my mom suggested registering at a brick and mortar just to make it easier for non-internetty folks) but I was not impressed.  I'm not putting a girl in a onesie that says "sassy " or "daddy's little princess" and I'm not putting a boy in a shirt that says "Ladies Man" or "Daddys Wing Man".    All of the slogans, highly-gendered stereotypes, princess/tough guy, girls = frilly and boys = sports, cutesy shit.... I just can't with all that stuff.     I'm nervous I'm going to have a Goodwill donation pile before this kiddo is even born :P     Thank goodness for Etsy!!

image  image
  • I don't like to buy in big shops online. My favorite is https://thetrendytoddlers.com/
  • I try not to buy from major brands. I try to support small mama businesses when I can. With that being said, I also can't stand the ali-express straight from china clothes that take weeks to arrive. One of my favorite places to shop online for cute and good quality kids clothes without the massive price-tag and cheese
    🙈 is www.cliqqclothing.com 
  • I buy mostly on Etsy! The choice is huge for me, it's just great!