1st Trimester

Positive test, now negative

Took two a pregnancy test 11/8 both faint positives, today (11/11) started feeling mild sharp pains in lower sides of abdomen and tenderness, so I took one digital and one regular test and both are negative. Should I chalk it up to the first ones being a fluke? I have a Dr appt in two weeks which was suppose to be for me to confirm my pregnancy, but should I try to go somewhere else sooner? My worry is ectopic pregnancy although my pain isn’t very bad right now. With the timing of conception and everything I should be 6 weeks so I don’t think it’s because I tested too early. I have had a miscarriage before, but it was a missed miscarriage so I didn’t get any symptoms before. 
Thanks for input!

Re: Positive test, now negative

• Hmm, can you call labour and delivery at your local hospital or a public health phone number in your area to ask? That's definitely an odd circumstance and I can understand your concerns, unfortunately I don't have any experience or helpful advice beyond that though 😥❤️
  • Just call your doctor office, tell them what happened.  They may/may not have you come in sooner for an in office test. 

Your 1st tests were they pink or blue dye?  Blue are aweful, punk are much more reliable. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Maybe a chemical pregnancy? Best bet is to call your doc (not labour delivery, they can’t help you) and ask for beta HCG labs: you’ll know it’s viable if the hcg goes up about every 48 hours. 
  • I am so sorry you’re going through this. 
  • Update:
    finally had an appt 11/24 for just a pregnancy confirmation urine sample came back negative. They took my blood and told me the results would be in today (11/29). Over the weekend I started bleeding 11/27 and right now it’s like a regular period. Got my hcg results back says negative for pregnancy. I’m coming to terms with it, but just feel like a crazy person. I’m convinced in my head that I’m anticipating having a miscarriage any time now even though my blood work doesn’t show any sign of pregnancy. Maybe it’s just from trauma of having a miscarriage before. I would love right now to have an ultrasound to just know there’s nothing there but I most likely won’t schedule one. I’m just going to see how long this period lasts and hopefully it’s just a normal period and my mind is playing tricks on me. Thanks for everyone who responded
  • Update:
    finally had an appt 11/24 for just a pregnancy confirmation urine sample came back negative. They took my blood and told me the results would be in today (11/29). Over the weekend I started bleeding 11/27 and right now it’s like a regular period. Got my hcg results back says negative for pregnancy. I’m coming to terms with it, but just feel like a crazy person. I’m convinced in my head that I’m anticipating having a miscarriage any time now even though my blood work doesn’t show any sign of pregnancy. Maybe it’s just from trauma of having a miscarriage before. I would love right now to have an ultrasound to just know there’s nothing there but I most likely won’t schedule one. I’m just going to see how long this period lasts and hopefully it’s just a normal period and my mind is playing tricks on me. Thanks for everyone who responded
    Sorry you are dealing w/ this.

Honestly, please trust the blood work.  Those faint positives may not have even been positives.  

I'm sorry. 
  • I agree with @harpseal135.  Trust me, I understand the headgames of TTC after a MC.  But, definitely trust the bloodwork.  I've had bloodwork that came back with hcg quant levels in the single digits and teens.  If HCG were present, and you were at all PG, it would have shown a number.
    *TW All the Loss* #BitterHagPartyOf1

October 2015 - 1st MC.  7-8 weeks along. Suspected molar PG, but luckily just a MMC.

June 2016 - 2nd MC: 4-5 weeks CP

September 2016 - 3rd MC: 4-5 weeks CP

RE 1: ALL the testing - 'unexplained'  "Yinz can do IVF or try on your own"

Feb 2017 - 4th MC: 6 weeks

RE 2: More tests. Still 'unexplained.'  Called fat for an entire hour-long appointment, cried a lot

Feb 2019 - 5th MC: 6-7 weeks

IUD - March 2019-March 2023

RE 3:  Repeat all the tests. Hoping to try IVF.

• I'm so sorry to hear this, what a rollercoaster ❤️