2nd Trimester

Is that first baby kicks or something else?

Hello ladies, 
i m 17 weeks and 3 days pregnant. For two days I randomly felt some somewhat sharp feeling in my lower abdomen area mostly in the morning . Is that first baby kicks? Or something else? Today I do not feel anything and freaking out because I caught myself sleeping on my back in the middle of the night and not on a side. Now I m freaking out that because I slept on my back baby did not get enough blood flow from me. My 20 week appointment is not until Dec 14th . Am I overreacting here? My first pregnancy ended in miscarriage and ever since then everything freaks me out 

Re: Is that first baby kicks or something else?

• katb2021 said:
    Hello ladies, 
    i m 17 weeks and 3 days pregnant. For two days I randomly felt some somewhat sharp feeling in my lower abdomen area mostly in the morning . Is that first baby kicks? Or something else? Today I do not feel anything and freaking out because I caught myself sleeping on my back in the middle of the night and not on a side. Now I m freaking out that because I slept on my back baby did not get enough blood flow from me. My 20 week appointment is not until Dec 14th . Am I overreacting here? My first pregnancy ended in miscarriage and ever since then everything freaks me out 
    It could be baby kicks. They feel a little different for everyone. Sometimes they feel like gas bubbles, sometimes like a distinct “kick”. As for sleeping on your back, don’t freak out. When it becomes a concern it will feel uncomfortable before it is dangerous. Take a deep breath, call your doctor if you need reassurance.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Exactly what pp said. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Exactly what PP said.  

I vaught myself sleeping on my back in early 3rd trimester.  Seriously, your body will wake you if something isn't right.  I inquired to my doctor about that and it was a no issue. 

• Don’t worry about back sleeping. Truly. It’s going to get uncomfortable at some point and you will wake up if you end up on your back. Sleep however you feel comfy.

As for the baby kicks, you could feel little flutters at this point but it’s waaaaaay too early to stress out about not feeling movement the next day. Baby is still very small and depending on how he/she is situated, you won’t always be able to feel the flips and kicks. 
  • Thank you ladies! Makes me feel much better