July 2022 Moms

October/November Symptoms

Re: October/November Symptoms

• @zinnia19 my OB has a whole list of approved medications during pregnancy and here's what they have for constipation:

MiraLAX
    Colace Stool Softener
    Milk of Magnesia
    Metamucil

@LJMoon6 DH's parents learned the hard way about prunes haha. My FIL was home alone with him (he's probably toddler or younger in this story) when FIL was eating prunes. DH was interested in one so FIL fed him one. Well he seemed to really like it so FIL kept feeding him prunes. DH CLEARED OUT it was EVERYWHERE. Coming out of his onesie, all over the crib, on the walls. Omg my poor MIL was practically traumatized when she saw him.

So word to the wise..... be careful how many prunes you feed an infant/toddler lol

*TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • Loading the player...
  • Yessss to Unisom
  • Thank you for your suggestions, everyone! I'm starting with the prunes, @LJMoon6 and we will see how that goes! 
  • Not a symptom but I ended up with food poisoning today after a work lunch yesterday and between normal morning sickness and this I am exhausted. 

Anyone else ever get food poisoning during pregnancy? I called my OB and she confirmed as long as I stay fever free, baby will be okay. But geez - not the time for added worry! 
  • Hello insomnia my old friend 😪
  • @stardustskies same... Except I fell asleep just fine. But something woke me up and now here I am at 4am unable to fall back asleep even though I feel tired. 🥱 Stupid B12 supplement
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • tuxielove93tuxielove93 member
    edited November 2021
    Normally I just get super nauseous all the time. But now I am laying here, starving, stomach growling the whole works. Like I don’t even feel nauseous, I feel hungry. But everything I try to put in my mouth I gag on and can barely swallow and almost throw up. Cereal, apples, Pb sandwich, water…. All of it. I don’t even know what to do with this. It’s more or less been going like this for three days. Anyone else dealing with this kind of morning sickness? 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • @howardme I haven’t personally but a friend of mine got food poisoning a few months ago while pregnant. She has a healthy baby now :)
  • The nausea has really kicked it into high gear. The past few days it’s been faint whispers of nausea and food aversion. Today however it is strong 🤢
  • My mouth is watering SO much and I’m hungry but NOTHING sounds good. Ugh
  • @quelinda99 your comment has me thinking....

What is typical when people talk about having cravings or aversions? Is it more often than not "oh that does/doesn't sound good" or is it a pretty strong/intense "I need to eat this now!" or "now I can't wait for dinner!" or "get that away from me the thought of it makes me want to barf"?

So far nothing is necessarily making my mouth water just thinking about it and making me feel agony that I don't have it in the house and I've also had the moments of not really feeling like eating anything because nothing in particular is calling out to me. It's in more of a just not feeling hungry kind of way I guess. I have yet to ever have the sight or smell of something totally turn me off.

Does the intensity vary from person to person and/or how far along you are?
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 I definitely think the intensity varies from person to person. I don't remember too many cravings with my first. There were things that sounded good to eat, but never anything that I would kill for. Aversions on the other hand, I had a super random aversion to 1 particular restaurant. Not anything specific on their menu but just the restaurant itself. It was so weird. Just the mention of it would make me want to yak. 
    *TW* TTC history
    Me:32 DH:31
    Married: 8/2015

TTC #1: 4/2017
    Testing: HSG, U/S, BW, and DH's SA all normal
    DX: Unexplained
    8/2018: Clomid + TI = BFN
    9/2018: Clomid + TI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2018: Clomid + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    12/2018: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone \\ Cancelled due to cyst
    1/2019: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD Sept 30th, 2019
    10/7/2019: Healthy baby boy!

TTC #2: 12/2020
    2/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    3/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    4/2021: Surprise! Natural BFP! \\ EDD Jan 6th, 2022 \\ Chemical, betas not rising
    8/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    9/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    10/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD July 29th, 2022

• @inthewoods23 I didn’t really have strong cravings with my first, but some things sounded better than others. And I definitely had aversions—certain foods/smells/thoughts would just make my stomach turn. That hasn’t started strongly this time around, but I’m sure it’s coming 😬

We’re headed out on a four-hour road trip back to our hometown. I peed twice within the 15 minutes leading up to departure. I have to pee again and we haven’t even made it to the interstate! This is going to be a long trip…🙄

On that note, symptoms haven’t kicked in yet (other than cramping which I’m trying not to worry about), but this is about when they started with DD. We’re staying with in-laws for a week and aren’t planning to tell them yet…hoping symptoms stay mild or I’m able to hide them somehow…!
  • @inthewoods23 lol ok so let me explain because when I said my mouth is watering I meant I am salivating like crazy and it’s so weird!!! Like so much saliva. I looked it up and it’s pretty common I guess. But I see now that my comment was confusing. 

I definitely have aversions more than cravings. Right now it’s oil and butter. Also the thought of cooking raw chicken. Ugh. It sends a literal shiver down my spine and my stomach does a little flip flop. I’m really not craving much but I’ll usually think of one thing that sounds tasty and doesn’t give me the shivers. For some reason it’s been Asian food and then things that are a lot of bread like a sandwich. I think I’m just craving carbs like rice and bread because they are simple. But I’m really not very hungry. It’s more forcing myself to eat 3x a day and finding something that is appetizing enough to eat. 
  • @quelinda99 I also have a lot of excess saliva and it seems worse when I’m nauseous but pretty much always just a lot of saliva lol

@inthewoods23 I definitely think it can vary from person to person, I never have super strong cravings but my food aversions are pretty strong. It makes eating anything difficult because the idea of eating it makes my stomach turn. I think I’d rather have super strong cravings though lol
  • @quelinda99 I wasn't actually confused about your comment, it just got me thinking because like you said, it doesn't make sense to be both salivating but not hungry for anything! I've had that before where I know I'm hungry but I just stare at everything in my fridge or pantry while nothing calls my name.

Shoot I think I need to go have some pickles now that I'm thinking about what's in my fridge. Vinegar sounds really good right now.

Yesterday all I ended up having for lunch was a couple bowls of Fruity Pebbles because I wasn't really hungry at the time and again, nothing was screaming "eat me". But then by the time dinner came around I was starving and also didn't have a taste for anything. Eventually some salmon and brussel sprouts sounded good but that took over a half hour to prep and cook and I was getting the shakes by then so I snacked on some chocolate. Granted I had done a yoga workout earlier that was lots of core work so I was about ready to pass out by the time I finally started making food.

That's been my problem a lot lately. I guess baby is hungry but I'm not haha. I'm also not drinking water consistently throughout the day. It would probably be helpful if I did.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Be aware there are two types of Unisom! The one they recommend for nausea is the active ingredient Doxylamine Succinate… that’s the one that is in prescription medicine mixed with B6 for pregnant people. I originally got Unisom Sleep Melts which have Diphenhydramine. Not sure if that’s bad for you but the Doxylamine seems to be the tried and true.  The b6 seems to be helping my relentless feeling of seasickness. 
  • @howardme I did with my 1st pregnancy and it was just miserable! Everything turned out just fine but just the worst 24 hours of life 😩 try to stay hydrated best you can, feel better soon! 
  • melanier26melanier26 member
    edited November 2021
    @quelinda99 I’m glad you said something about excess saliva! I was at dinner the other night with a friend and randomly swallowed my saliva wrong. It sent me into a 5-minute long choking spree and I couldn’t talk 😂 Luckily she’s a good friend or I would’ve been so embarrassed 

@inthewoods23 Similar to others, I’ve never had super strong “I need it now” cravings with pregnancy. I think more than anything for me it’s been “if I eat anything other than what I’m thinking of I’ll be nauseous.” I haven’t reached that point in this pregnancy but I’m still only 4.5 weeks. 
    My issue is the same that you talked about…I need to eat but nothing sounds good so I end up feeling crappy from low blood sugar. Im going to allow myself to just order a bunch of random groceries to keep on hand!
  • Has anyone noticed things just all taste... different? Like not so much craving/aversion but flavors and textures are more intense and just different than I expect! Some things I used to love taste off and then other things that aren't usually my favourite taste AMAZING. I am not normally a picky eater at all so it is so hard to figure out what to eat because I never know what is going to taste "off" next! Last pregnancy I had major cravings for pink lemonade and chicken fingers. Nothing that strong yet but it is still early!
  • Are nosebleeds common? Or is this just a typical winter is coming up kind of thing. Better out of my nose than anywhere else right now.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • My cravings aren't usually super strong. It's just what sounds good to me. When I have cravings though, I tend to stick with them for awhile. During my last pregnancy, I was all about orange juice for about four weeks. So much orange juice. 
    Pregnancy TickerSaveSave
  • My Symptoms are still mostly like crampy and bloated. My uterus area just feels uncomfortable, hard to explain… is this typical anyone else having this?

Nipple sensitive comes and goes. Not a ton of meals seem appetizing. Doing better with small things here and there. But foods aren’t all tasting the same as I remember. My taste is just off… never been this far so hoping this is all normal.
  • Okay how bad are cramps supposed to be this early on? I know they're common but, damn guys, these are more than I remember last time.

@inthewoods23 I don't know about nosebleed but gum bleeding is very common....maybe they're connected 
  • @jellie603 I’m not sure either. I had a day full of cramping on Thursday, and they were worse than period cramps (but mine are usually mild to nonexistent so I’m a bad judge…I’m also a total wimp with pain :D). Very few cramps since then, so hopefully it was just some normal…stretching? Solidarity!
  • Yea to all the food comments! 
    I’m either not hungry at all or my body won’t stop being hungry. The second I haven’t had before and it’s really annoying. I also have reached the stage of not wanting anything and some foods seeming repulsive, so mostly just trying to find the least terrible thing 🤣 
    last night I kept feeling nauseous unless I was eating and then 5-10 min after I stopped eating I felt it again 🤪
  • @runnergirl2018 I had the nauseous-unless-eating in my first pregnancy! I had to keep crackers in my bag and I was constantly just having one or two throughout the day to sort of keep it at bay. That seemed to be the only thing that would help me! Plus, hand to have crackers when everything else seems unappetizing lol 
  • @inthewoods23 Nosebleeds are common during pregnancy. @jellie603 I've been having some cramping too but I'm confident it's just the uterus growing and stretching. Bloating is caused by increasing progesterone and slowing digestion. @courtneyqdk I had a weird metallic taste in my mouth all day yesterday. But if you can't actually taste something, maybe get a covid test? If my taste changed drastically that's what I would do.
  • Nosebleeds are common. Cramping is all fine as long as you can breath through the cramps and there isn’t any blood. 

I have an aversion to food. Just all food. There is one or two things I can eat that changes fairly constantly. It’s…. Not a good time. 
    And I definitely feel like my taste changes too. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • @stardustskies oh I can definitely taste! It's like.. everything tastes way stronger or something. Normally, I eat anything I'm not picky at all and lately there are just some things that taste stronger than they normally do - so definitely causing some aversions. It's made me wonder if like this is how picky eaters taste things all the time? I love food so much it makes me sad when things I like don't taste how they used to anymore! 
  • @courtneyqdk last night I just ate dry cereal. A piece or two at a time. I think I’ll be packing it in my purse too 🤣 

I had a metallic thing a couple weeks ago but thankfully it passed after a day! 
  • Ugh, the exhaustion was so intense today. I passed out by 1015 last night (highly unusual for me- I'm definitely a night owl), slept like a rock for 9 hours, but still needed *two* naps today. Thankfully DH was great about toddler wrangling today since he could tell I wasn't feeling well. 

On the plus side - I can finally cut down to one estrogen pill a day! Two more weeks until I'm done with it and progesterone shots entirely. They're the worst. 

• The fatigue also hit me like a ton of bricks today - I’m only 4 weeks 1 day so I keep telling myself it’s partially mental. If I hadn’t taken the early test would I even know I was pregnant?

Either way, I’m walking around like a zombie this morning. 
  • 5w5d today and the nausea has officially hit. We almost had to share the news with my in laws because I have felt so bad.
  • I’m half scared and half genius for getting my Covid booster on Wednesday. If I feel bad on thanksgiving I’ll have something easy to blame 🤣
    but also if I never have to go through first trimester again to get a healthy baby, I’ll be happy. So tired. So hungry. So nauseous. Acid reflux. I’ve reached the stage where all I want to drink is various types of juice. I alternate between wanting salty or sweet but nothing in between 🤣 
  • For those of you with nausea, do you find it's better to do the deed or fight the urge? Just spent the last 3 hours fighting it, with no end on sight. It's only 8:30am 😫
  • @sailorchibimoon I’m sorry you’re feeling so rough! I can’t provide any reasonable advice because I have a legit phobia of vomit(ing) (like, diagnosed, medicated, therapy), but I think many (most?) reasonable people would do the deed for some relief? Can’t speak to whether it makes the nausea ease up, though. Sending hugs!
  • @sunshineandlemons twinsies! Nausea officially hit me today at 5w 5d. At least it’s a positive sign, but still sucks, I hope I don’t have to spill the beans at Thanksgiving.
  • @sailorchibimoon for me it depends on how strong the urge is and if i just ate something recently that i'm willing to have come up.  if the urge is super strong, i usually feel better if i just let it out, but sometimes i feel like i can manage it and then just do that.

the headaches have hit me hard today, although it might be partly weather related.  Anyone find any good safe solutions for headaches? I've been staying hydrated, made sure to have a little sugar and plenty of protein