1st Trimester
Options

First time mom question!!

So I just found out I am taking too many vitamins I’ve been taking my prenatal plus a multivitamin and now I realize it’s way too much vitamins to be taking I didn’t know I couldn’t take them both. I go to the doctor next week for my First visit & ultrasound I’m so nervous I harmed my baby!! Has anyone else took too many vitamins?! I’m so upset and mad at myself I just hope my baby is okay. I’m 6 weeks 5 days today. 

I just needed someone to talk to about this! Ugh so stressed out and worried 

Re: First time mom question!!

• Options
    So I just found out I am taking too many vitamins I’ve been taking my prenatal plus a multivitamin and now I realize it’s way too much vitamins to be taking I didn’t know I couldn’t take them both. I go to the doctor next week for my First visit & ultrasound I’m so nervous I harmed my baby!! Has anyone else took too many vitamins?! I’m so upset and mad at myself I just hope my baby is okay. I’m 6 weeks 5 days today. 

I just needed someone to talk to about this! Ugh so stressed out and worried 
    For the most part, your body expells most vitamins that are not used.  Just stop taking the extras, continue with the prenatal and bring it up at your appt if its still bothering you.  
  • Options
    Oh you're still so early in the pregnancy, it'll be totally fine. As the other mama said, your body just expels anything extra. Our body doesn't absorb a lot of what we take most of the time anyways. You and baby should be just fine.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I totally understand those fears and I am so sorry you’re struggling with thinking you’ve harmed the baby :( I had so many fears when I was pregnant the first time (3rd now) and I used to be concerned about harming the baby, everything I would eat, miscarriage, then later thinking I would go into preterm labor.

So I just want to say that I understand and try not to stress. Baby will be fine. Statistics are on your side.