Options

Weekly Symptoms 2/7

How far along are you?

What symptoms do you have this week?

Questions/concerns?

Re: Weekly Symptoms 2/7

• Options

How far along are you? 13+5

What symptoms do you have this week? Feeling quite large already! switched over to maternity pants and they are so much more comfortable. My stomach hasn’t been great (feels like my food is just churning and not digesting) but I think my fam has a touch of a stomach bug. DH and DS both felt the same way earlier this week. 

Questions/concerns? Nope! 

• Options
    11+1 and pretty sure I'm getting pregnancy rhinitis again, good times. 
    On a positive note I can drink coffee and sew for the first time in 6 months!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    The aversions 😩. Water is gross. Coffee I still can’t stand. I’m not drinking coke. I’ve been making tea the last couple days but I’m going to have to make a store run to figure something out. I’m drinking so little. I never had a single aversion with my first pregnancy. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    11+1 and pretty sure I'm getting pregnancy rhinitis again, good times. 
    On a positive note I can drink coffee and sew for the first time in 6 months!
  • Options
    I'm so freaking tired. I'm falling asleep on the couch by 9 and waking up at like 4 or 5 daily.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerMarried DW <3 08.2013; AI 2x; IUI 6x; IUI #7 05.2015; DD born 2.2016 o:); Reciprocal IVF FET #1 on 11.18.2020 
  • Options
    13+1 and I feel ... fine? Still terrible insomnia, but that's the worst of it at this point.
  • Options
    13+1. The nausea has been baaaad the last few days. And the headaches. And the NIGHTMARES! DH texted me this morning to ask if I didn't sleep well because I guess I kept waking him up with all my tossing and turning. I seriously had SO many crazy dreams/nightmares last night and I kept waking up in a panic. It was awful. 
  • Options
    10+6
    I thought things were getting better for a few days, but today I feel awful. Headaches and fatigue have been pretty constant, but nausea and some serious food aversions are the bad part again today. I'll take the few good days and hope they get more frequent.
  • Options
    12w2d
    Mostly struggling with reflux+constipation+nausea+upset stomach. Soooo ready for the end of my first trimester. I am planning our pregnancy announcement photoshoot and that keeps me motivated. We probably won't share it on social media, but give out copies of the photos to our parents. My dad is 86 and has dementia so I want to give him a framed copy to help him remember.
    Me: 35 Husband: 40
    TTC #2: Jan 2019
     DS: 2.5 yo 
     EDD: 12/2/16 DOB: 10/22/16
    (Previously MBS2016 Dec 2016 board
    <3         <3 
  • Options
    @doodlemom131I was gonna say no when I first read that and then yesterday tried to put a plate in the toaster. Just came here to vent that I just got heartburn from water, I guess? So it begins. Rude LO, rude.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerMarried DW <3 08.2013; AI 2x; IUI 6x; IUI #7 05.2015; DD born 2.2016 o:); Reciprocal IVF FET #1 on 11.18.2020 
  • Options
    jaxaliajaxalia member
    edited February 2021
    13w3d - The nausea is still there but less frequent, headaches are basically daily now 😫 very wild and vivid dreaming lately.

dr just recommended magnesium oxide to try and prevent the headaches. Going to pick some up tomorrow to try.

Also have been out of breath and doc was like what do you mean you are too early for that 🤷🏻‍♀️ So now I’m freaking out about what I thought was a totally normal symptom lol
  • Options
    My neurologist recommended the Cefaly for my migraines when I first told her I was pregnant. It's expensive but they have a money back guarantee. I just got mine and I'm going to try it and see and report back.
  • Options
    Yes please! I’ve had migraines since I hit puberty and these aren’t quite as bad but are kicking my butt 😩
  • Options
    @jaxalia i've been out of breath since like 4 weeks lol with both pregnancies that was pretty much my first symptom, i'm 13 weeks and just getting up the stairs to my office is a task for real. i was told it was totally normal and related to progesterone.
  • Options
    cocoliso13cocoliso13 member
    edited February 2021
    i'm 13 weeks today and pregnancy rhinitis is kicking my ass, i'm so tired of mouth breathing and waking up with a sore throat. not fun during rona times. 
  • Options
    @cocoliso13 look into a steroid nasal spray. I wasn't sleeping because I was mouth breathing and waking up with a dry throat etc. It's so painful!! 
    My dr gave me a spray called Avamys and its life changing
  • Options
    @grogu thank you for the tip! i'm going to ask about it, i can't keep going like this! 
  • Options
    @cocoliso13 same boat here, i use the generic flonase during the day and saline rinse at night
  • Options
    @cocoliso13 I get short of breath too. I didn’t know it could be from progesterone. Honestly I wasn’t sure what was causing it. They did say I’m slightly anemic, so I figured that’s why I feel weak/fatigued and SOB at times. 
  • Options
    Had to break out my SI belt. I feel like I've been kicked in the crotch any time I walk, put pants on or get in/out of bed. 
    With my first pregnancy SPD didn't start until like 6 months. So glad I'm not even 12 weeks and I'm dealing with this 😭

Meeting with a personal trainer that specializes in pelvic floor stuff so hopefully I can get some help. 
  • Options
    @grogu that sounds miserable. I hope the exercises give you some relief.

I also have shortness of breath at times. Wearing a mask makes it 1000x worse. I say that but you won’t catch me outside my house without a mask on. It just sucks that now breathing is uncomfortable during pregnancy. 
  • Options
    @surrenderdorothy Same about wearing a mask, it seems so much worse than it was two months ago!  Can’t imagine how it will be in the hot summer months.   
  • Options
    @surrenderdorothy @bonanza1226 the mask wearing can be difficult at times. When I'm moving and lifting cases at work I definitely need to take an extra breather. I've had some shortness of breath already for sure. 

I actually browned out (still conscious, just couldn't see anything but black) this summer when pregnant/masked, and definitely not properly fed and hydrated. I think food and water had more to do with it than actual heat/mask, so keep that in mind! I was waiting in line for a hot dog 😋
  • Options
    @doodlemom131 browned out!  I’ve never heard of that but crazy!  I passed out a few weeks ago right after eating...I’m assuming low blood pressure...and I remember everything going fuzzy and apparently I told my husband I couldn’t see him anymore before I lost consciousness.  Didn’t know that could happen like it happened to you, so weird!  Did you just kind of snap out of it after a minute or was there something specific that helped you?  
  • Options
    I kinda made up the term... its happened to me before but when I was really hungover. I just (poor advice) trust my instincts and continue what I was doing without vision? Now that I'm saying it, horrible advice. It usually only lasts for a few seconds.
  • Options
    @doodlemom131 😂 continue what you were doing without vision.  I mean you needed that hot dog sooner!😜

• Options
    As a nurse, browned out sounds like a 💩 issue 😂😂
  • Options
    @jaxalia Ok so I've been doing the Cefaly about a week. The prevent setting hasn't seemed to help much just yet. The first time I did the acute setting it didn't help either. But today I used the acute setting and it legit cured my migraine! I felt better after and didn't come back all day! So amazing. I asked my neurologist if it just takes some time to get used to. Or maybe I didn't have it on quite low enough on my forehead the first few times. It's a weird sensation but I got used to it. Prevent takes 20 min and Acute takes 1 hour. It can make you sleepy and it's intense enough during the acute I usually just close my eyes. I'm going to keep trying it but I'm really encouraged that it worked today. 
  • Options
    i'm 13 weeks today and pregnancy rhinitis is kicking my ass