May 2022 Moms

Weekly Randoms (w/o 11/15)

I didn't see this started yet so figured I'd jump on it. 

Re: Weekly Randoms (w/o 11/15)

• @pajamstagrams I thought of you today because my new department head emailed our department to remind us she'd be out most of the week and will not be checking email. I like the precedent she's setting. 
  • I’ve been PRAYING this pregnancy will be like the others and that I’ll turn that corner at about the 3 month mark and no be so tired and nauseous and everything else. Today has been the first day I like got up and out of my room/bed, dressed in real clothes, I’ve already folded 3 loads of laundry and packed 2 boxes(we’re getting ready to move) and thrown out one trash bag of crap, and vacuumed! I’m still having the aversions/gagging going on but 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 the worst of the first tri is over. Either that or I’ve just jinxed myself and will feel like total shit and be all crampy tomorrow from doing stuff today. 😂

• Loading the player...
  • @Bababatty love to hear this! 🙌 I wish more leaders in the US did this. 

@MrsLaLaBug I'm slowly but surely feeling better in the morning. Hopeful to resume my workouts soon! But that requires me to wake up early with DH and fight for space and the single squat rack we have 😂 (way to gaggy to work out after lunch still)
  • @MrsLaLaBug yes for the energy! I can echo on that as I’ve been converting DDs room and moving baby items over to No Names room

It’s actually chilly in Fl today and I’m not okay with that, socks on then off and then back on. Was going to take DD to magic kingdom tonight but it’s too cold for me.
  • @MrsLaLaBug. I'm noticing that turn in energy levels in the morning too.  By afternoon I'm pretty wiped but mornings I can get a lot done again.  Fingers crossed it continues to get better

• I had 2 days of energy last week and it was glorious. Back to the exhaustion but I’m hopeful I will be rounding a corner soon! (Same for everyone here!!)
  • I can’t believe next week is Thanksgiving. Feels like the pregnancy weeks are CRAWLING by, but I mean heck, November is already half over! Crazy. 

• I have my NT scan today and I'm so nervous! I just need to know that everything is ok and going well so far.

@tacosandtums I am hoping for more consistent energy too. Sunday and Monday I suddenly felt capable of cleaning and even got some projects done that we had been procrastinating on. And then yesterday my energy tanked again. At least there seems to be light at the end of the tunnel.

@MrsLaLaBug I can't believe November's half over too. Hope the packing is going well. We are going to be moving in the spring which I am not looking forward to in the third trimester lol.
  • @fireflyz_56 FX for a great scan and you get your peace of mind!! Let us know how it goes!!!

• @MrsLaLaBug I have noticed that I'm far more energetic and hopeful for the day in the mornings, then right after lunch...I feel like I turn into a slug. 
    I feel like this kid has had a big growth spurt, but the biggest is yet to come! I'll be hitting 16 weeks on Friday, and I read that's when the real growth spurt hits. 
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy  Baby Tracker
  • @DarkSerendipity I’m just jealous you’re already almost at 16 weeks 😂😂😂 Here I am crawling along at 12 LOL

• @MrsLaLaBug I swear, this has been the slowest yet fastest pregnancy. It doesn't seem like I should be hitting 16 weeks, yet I want to be at the halfway point so that we're that much closer to viability!
  • @DarkSerendipity and @MrsLaLaBug
    i swear this has been the slowest pregnancy but then booking my AS for next month and i was like “holy crap! It’s almost halfway!”
  • File under- shit I didn’t know I had to worry about 
  • @tacosandtums I'm not convinced those things are safer, seems like it would violate everything about crash testing and be waaaay more unsafe. Just wear your seatbelt normally, under the bump once you get big enough lol. 
  • @tacosandtums I keep seeing that ad too! And of course, had the same thoughts, but like @pajamstagrams not convinced those are any safer than a normal seatbelt. 
  • Haha it’s like you but one pair of blanqui maternity leggings and now every targeted ad is sponsored by Big Pregnancy™️
  • @MrsLaLaBug, right there with you! I'm 12 weeks... Come on second trimester! And more energy! 
  • @tacosandtums dang it, now we're all going to get targeted ads after this conversation 😂
  • Hahaha @tacosandtums @pajamstagrams big brother is always listening!! 😂😂 All my ads are from Caden Lane and monogrammed/smocked baby clothing companies. Go figure LMAO 😂😂😂

• @tacosandtums I don't usually swear by certain brands, but I tried Blanqi and I'm hooked! The belly support in the tanks and leggings is phenomenal, it's really helped my lower back pain a lot. 
  • Today, my baby is as tall as a Kit Kat. That is all. Carry on. 😂😂😂

• @MrsLaLaBug That is a delicious comparison!  :D
  • @Bababatty LOL it really is 😂
    @fireflyz_56 right? Like how are you NOT supposed to want a Kit Kat after someone mentions it 😂😂

• @MrsLaLaBug If you're eating it in honor of your baby, does it really count as unhealthy? ;-) 
  • LOL @Bababatty I like how you think 🤣

• @MrsLaLaBug mmmmm now I want a KitKat. Is that weird 😆
  • @b_1029 not at all… LOL 99% of my cravings come from seeing something or hearing about something someone else is eating 😂

• @b_1029 and @MrsLaLaBug my baby is the size of an ice cream scoop today. I think I might just have to celebrate with ice cream... 🤷 I mean, clearly that's what they're telling me, right? 
  • @runninginva I think those are the rules!

I just looked at my bump app and this baby is as tall as a debit card 😐 I really needed it to be a food so I could justify eating something tasty lol 
  • Bump tells me baby is as big as a can of soda and weighs half as much. 

And now i want a Dr Pepper 
  • b_1029b_1029 member
    edited November 2021
    @MrsLaLaBug the little turkey face is so cute!

@pajamstagrams awesome job working out!

The negative for today is that DD has a stuffy nose so slept like crap. She woke up at 11 and I had gone to bed at 10. I think that 10-11 chunk was my only solid bit of sleep all night because then it was all tossing and turning + a few more wake ups + DD decided she was up for good at 5:30 (other than a short nap in our bed) 😴
    BUT the positive is that I’m like 90% sure I felt the baby move while I was lying sleepless in bed this morning! I feel like it’s so early (14 + 2) but I don’t know what else it would be. I didn’t feel DD until right around 20 I don’t think, but I also had an anterior placenta. 

Edited for w+d
  • What even is a weekend? Today I: took kids for haircuts, took dd for vaccine, ran errands and still have more to do. Also our heat suddenly broke—woke up this morning and the house was 50. Can’t get a technician over until tomorrow. 🥶🥶🥶🥶
  • @tacosandtums amen sister. My husband is working today so I’m like… is it Saturday? Is it Tuesday? Can’t tell. No rest 
  • @brookejay06 omg same. My husband works all day today and tomorrow too 😭
  • I’ve been fighting the cold from hell for the past week. Apparently, being sick while pregnant makes you super sleepy because I just laid down to “close my eyes real quick” and slept for 3 hours