EDD / Weeks + Days: 

Baby is the size of a(n) / interesting fact: 

FTM/STM/TTM+: 

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: 

Upcoming Appointments: 

How are you feeling?: 

Rants/Raves: 

Questions:

GTKY: If you could only wear one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be?

Re: Weekly Check In 11/15

• EDD / Weeks + Days: 23 weeks +5 days, due March 9 

Baby is the size of a(n) / interesting fact: Baby’s big toe is the size of pencil eraser, evidently. 

FTM/STM/TTM+: Complicated 

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Pink!

Upcoming Appointments: December 9(my birthday) for regular OB and Gestational Diabetes screening, December 13 for growth scan at MFM

How are you feeling?: Still tired and emotional, but viability is in 2 days so I’m focusing on that.

Rants/Raves: DH and I will be doing our first ever mini thanksgiving next week. We always go to a relative’s place, but this year we’re just going to have a small one for us and DS to avoid the drama llamas. Kind of looking forward to it,

Questions: Not right now.

GTKY: If you could only wear one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be?
    Difficult, probably a nice hoodie though. Pocket room and comfort all in one. Lol
  • gembudgembud member
    edited November 2021
    @faithmovesmountains sounds like a great Thanksgiving to me!

EDD / Weeks + Days: 24w4d

Baby is the size of a(n) / interesting fact: his foot could fit on a tea candle

FTM/STM/TTM+: STM

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: blue

Upcoming Appointments: Wed

How are you feeling?: Good, except my hips are on fire 24/7

Rants/Raves: Every time we show DS pictures of himself as a baby we ask who is that? And he always replies “Baby Luke!” (Baby’s name not his 😂)

Questions: natm

GTKY: If you could only wear one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be? Band tees, it’s all I wear anyway 😂 I buy them big and tie them normally so they still fit preggo 🙌🏼
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • @faithmovesmountains That sounds like my kind of Thanksgiving!
    @gembud I love that A is already getting excited for Luke's arrival! When N sees baby pictures of M she just thinks they are her...BUT...she does carry around one of her dolls and calls it baby brother. And last night she patted my stomach and said "Goodnight baby Milk"...which was cute...until she got upset that the baby wasn't answering her 🤣
  • @Panaceia baby milk still kills me 😂 I mean it wouldn’t have killed him to say goodnight back 🤣
  • EDD / Weeks + Days: 22w - who else needs to look this up every time to answer this question - TTM problems

Baby is the size of a(n) / interesting fact: As tall as a box of Kraft Dinner

FTM/STM/TTM+: TTM

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Pink

Upcoming Appointments: Nov 17 OB apt

How are you feeling?: I have had a sinus infection since last Thursday! Torture! And my doctor is on a mental health LOA and her replacement just simply replied that she "won't treat people with upper respiratory symptoms" WTH?..... anyways starting to feel like I am coming through it today. Hoping to feel back to normal soon. My whole face, jaw, and half of my teeth still hurt from the pressure. 

Rants/Raves: Rave would be that we started ordering paint, wallpaper and furniture for the kids bedrooms now that we are officially team pink.

GTKY: If you could only wear one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be? - silky black leggings, silky black T-shirt, and a blazer so it doesn't look like PJs in public
  • EDD / Weeks + Days: March 21 / 22+0

Baby is the size of a(n) / interesting fact: Ear of corn

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Blue 💙

Upcoming Appointments: November 17th OB, November 29th GP

How are you feeling?: I'm a broken record...but ssssiiiiiicccccckkkkkk. Still throwing up multiple times daily. Emotionally still not confident but slightly less stressed...as long as I feel movement a few times a day then I'm OK...ish...

Rants/Raves: I started working out again a week ago and haven't missed a day yet...despite the nausea and vomiting...so proud of myself for that. Not a rant or a rave but I ordered the new Ergo...I LOVE the embrace and just ordered the aerloom or whatever it is called since I have a feeling I'll have to be wearing this guy all the time. I definitely have tooooooo many Ergos now...😅

Questions: Nope:)

GTKY: If you could only wear one thing for the rest of your life what would it be? Leggings, fuzzy socks, a tight tank top and a nice loose cardigan.
  • kgg2241kgg2241 member
    edited November 2021
    @achanceintime I love the cropped style but it is messing up my maternity wardrobe lol. I am not really big enough for maternity clothes, but I can't wear any of my normal sweaters because they are all cropped. So I agree. Bring back the butt covering ones!

@Panaceia Oh I love the new Ergo! It is so cute and the material looks lovely. And good job staying active and working out -- this pregnancy has been a lot harder than my first and I totally blame that on not being active. Fx you start feeling some relief from throwing up and nausea soon. 

@morgantu That is awesome about your DH  <3. I'm sorry about the placenta worries. If I remember, that means you'll likely need a c-section?

@rachelredhead Oh man, the hip pain is so real  :s

@realhousewife519 Oh you poor thing! Sinus infections are the worst. I am so sorry you have to deal with that. And how exciting about ordering the stuff for the nursery! I'd love to see the wallpaper you picked!

@gembud haha that is so cute. I don't think my DD really understands that pictures of her as a baby are her either. She just looks at me very puzzled. I hope you are doing well and have been adjusting okay to all the changes you've had in life lately  <3

@faithmovesmountains a mini thanksgiving sounds lovely! 

EDD / Weeks + Days: 24+4
    Baby is the size of a(n) / interesting fact: Size of an eggplant 
    Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Pink!
    Upcoming Appointments: Not for a month. I had an OB checkup last week. 
    How are you feeling?: Physically I feel fine. Emotionally I have been on edge. DH and I got in a huge fight last night, and while I do think I was justified in my anger, I was quite a bit meaner and short tempered than I usually am/should have been. I have also been short with DD.
    Rants/Raves: I cannot believe it is already November 15th! I feel like the new year will be here before we know it and then we will all be welcoming our babies shortly after. So wild. Anyways, I made a pretty good nesting dent this weekend. I went through all the bathroom drawers and hallway closet and threw away everything that I haven't used in a year or so. I was kind of ruthless so hopefully I don't regret it haha. 
    Questions: Nope
    GTKY: If you could only wear one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be? A comfy pair of simple jeans, white t, and a long duster cardigan. Simple. 
  • @morgantu an extra lobe doesn’t usually cause any extra issues. Just good for them to know when doing your c section so they know to get it all out! That’s the only major thing with that. 

EDD / Weeks + Days: 3/31 20+4 

Baby is the size of a(n) / interesting fact: microphone? 

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Team blue!

Upcoming Appointments: next month for just a regular 24w appt

How are you feeling?: okay. Exhausted all day every day. Occasionally just feeling  blek and upset stomach. Which is annoying nowadays

Rants/Raves: rant. I’ve had multiple comments on if we’re going to try for a girl now that we’ll have two boys. Because heaven forbid someone be happy with just having boys? I could see us going for a third, but DH does not want three. So I am perfectly happy with two boys. (Plus at work whenever I have patients that “tried for whatever gender” ended up with twins. Or more of the same etc 😆 so it doesn’t really work that way) rave. I bought some delicious snacks from Costco. Love hate relationship

Questions: natm

GTKY: If you could only wear one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be? If I didn’t care about looking like a slob. Feejays. Footie sweatpants. But I also love my leggings. And kindred bravely joggers. Just comfies only please.  
  • @rachelredhead Cudos on the sexy time! Poor SO...since I'm living with my parents we rarely have any time alone together...but I figure all the TTC sex we've had over the past 8 years is enough to hold him over fir a while 🤣

@morgantu Sorry you're dealing with stress around your AS. But I'm glad your H is being so wonderful ❤

@achanceintime Yay for feeling kicks from the outside!!!! It's the best 🥰

@kgg2241 +1 to being short tempered with SO. I'm just annoyed at everything he does. I don't know why but I find him super annoying when pregnant!
  • @nursejenn5 Everyone who knows we are pregnant just assume that we wanted a 3rd so we could have a boy:/ I don't know why people always assume that everyone wants children of each sex. Honestly I was hoping for all the same sex kids. If our first had been a boy I would have wanted only boys, but since our first was a girl we were kind of hoping for all 3 girls. I find it super annoying when people comment that I must be sooooo happy that it's a boy. Grrrrrr.
  • @nursejenn5 I feel this. Everyone is so pumped for us to have one of each and several people have said “now you can be done.” I mean, we probably are done but that has nothing to do with the sex. We just knew we wanted two. 🤷‍♀️ We would have been equally stoked for 2 boys. People comment in such weird ways. 
  • @faithmovesmountains a mini thanksgiving actually sound really nice! We did that for christmas last year and it was awesome. 

@gembud foot could fit on a tea kettle? where do they get these things...I mean, my foot could fit on a tea kettle!
    @realhousewife519 Ekkk! so exciting to order decorations for the room. Do you have a theme? 

@rachelredhead good for you and DH- Mine is also completely lovely and never makes a fuss, but you'd think he won the lottery when it happens lol. I remember after DD we always made a point to get it in once a month in those first several months. Our former selves would have been mortified, but sometimes it was all we could do.

@Panaceia now i want to go put on that exact gtfy outfit

@achanceintime ohhhhh the best feeling! i'm so ready for those bigger movements. 

@kgg2241 sorry about the fight with YH, those are hard. I hope it resolves soon. <3. And yes, if the placenta stays over the cervix, definitely a CS. I had one before so i'm not too worried about that, just hoping for no complications. 

@nursejenn5 thank you! That is reassuring. Also, in general, people asking about my kid's sex annoys me. Even "do you know what you're having?"...hoping for human but ya never know, brenda. 
  • gembudgembud member
    edited November 2021
    @morgantu haha omg I am dying right now, I meant to write tea candle!!! Bahaha a tea kettle would be one big foot 😂😂😂
  • @gembud cracking up over the tea kettle 😂

Loved reading everyones updates ❤️ Work is too busy to individually respond but I read them all!

23+4 today! EDD: march 10th.
    OB appt on Wednesday. Feeling really good this week. Focusing on mental health, mindful moments, and planning for baby when it doesn't stress me out. That has been a game changer for my anxiety.
    Really need to decide on a birth course to take. Have been dragging my feet on having to pay for it and now the few I have reached out to are already full. 
    Rave: DH and I are having out first date night out in nearly 2 years this week (thanks booster shots.) and going to the Falcons game. Not a huge NFL fan but it will be really fun and nice to have time together and of course eat some good food.
    No questions this week ❤️

• @faithmovesmountains a mini-Thanksgiving sounds amazing! We did that for Christmas last year as well. It was so nice to just have us celebrate :)
    @realhousewife519 so exciting to decorate for the nursery! We are so not there yet!!
    @Panaceia Ugh, so sorry you are so sick. I'm actually wearing your go-to outfit right now (tank top, cardigan, and leggings)!
    @achanceintime I also have been feeling movements lately! I've been waiting forever since I also have an anterior placenta!

EDD / Weeks + Days: 22+5, 3-16-22

Baby is the size of a(n) / interesting fact: apparently the size of Cher's cellphone in Clueless

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Team Blue x2

Upcoming Appointments: 12/13 for OB, 12/22 for 28 week growth scan

How are you feeling?: So far, so good. Belly had a growth spurt! Hard to bend and put on socks and shoes!

Rants/Raves: The next few months will be busy with holiday stuff, but we also need to start working on moving DS to DH's office, and converting his room to the nursery. I want to be organized before the end of the year, so we can relax going into 2022!

Questions:

GTKY: If you could only wear one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be? Comfort is key, so I would say leggings. I love throwing on a hoodie or a tank/cardigan, leggings, and sneakers and be out the door.
  • I will reply properly later. I have an exam in the morning and I'm panic studying 😅

EDD / Weeks + Days: 22wks EDD March 21

Baby is the size of a(n) / interesting fact: coconut

FTM/STM/TTM+: STN

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: finding out soon

Upcoming Appointments: biweekly OB next Friday

How are you feeling?: Oh man..the heartburn has hit HARD. Uncomfortable last night, and terrible all day. Im on my 4th TUMS of the day. I'm grateful I made it this far. But..yuck.

Rants/Raves: exams suck. Heartburn sucks.
    My coworker is amazing. She did literally nearly all my work today, so I could have a solid like.. 5.5 hours to study! I wanna bake her a cake or something..

Questions: anyone else paranoid that things ylu do in pregnancy, affect baby when they are born? I have so much guilt that DS had horrific reflux...I blame myself for having pregnancy reflux and taking meds. I always worry the meds screwed up his acid balance..

That's tough.... Because we get +40 to -60 here.... Most of the time, I want to wear comfy cozy sweats/leggings and a sweater. But I'd die in the summer....
  • @kgg2241 and @morgantu I will post some pics of paint and wallpaper samples in the randoms thread so you guys can see what we're working with for the girls and boy bedroom! 
  • @goldfishcraker
    To your question: All the time. If I cry a lot about stuff stressing me out, I start apologizing to the baby for stressing her out and being a terrible mother. Etc.
    I’m really bad about it in the moment, but I will say what we need to remember is we do the best we can with the information we have in the case of meds and such, and also bottling our stress is probably worse than just allowing ourselves the release of a good cry.
  • EDD / Weeks + Days: March 23, 22+0

Baby is the size of a(n) / interesting fact: no clue! 

FTM/STM/TTM+: stm

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: blue 

Upcoming Appointments: Dec 2

How are you feeling?: still nauseous a little thought the day and a lot in the evenings. Added heartburn as well. 

Rants/Raves: I hate being pregnant. 

Questions: none 

GTKY: If you could only wear one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be? Leggings and an oversized shirt. It pretty much is all I already wear. 
  • I have one of each gender, so I kind of get why people say what they do about it. They're very different, so you're experiencing the full spectrum. But it's not like you can control the gender and almost every person I know cares more about having a healthy baby than a particular gender!

@goldfishcraker I've been wondering lately if my oldest has ADD because I didn't drink caffeine when pregnant with her, but I did with DS and he does not.  LOL I took acid reflux meds with both kids (stronger with the 2nd) and just started this week with this one. I can't handle the waking up all night with acid up my throat or trying to sleep sitting up!

EDD / Weeks + Days: March 15, 23 + 1

Baby is the size of a(n) / interesting fact: Baby weighs as much as a can of soup today. Who knew?!

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Strongly Green. In fact, the gender is sitting in the test results in my portal right now and I'm not checking it.

Upcoming Appointments: The week after Thanksgiving where I'm doing my diabetes screen. After that appt I go in weekly!! Eek!

How are you feeling?: I had the stomach flu for 4 days so I'm finally feeling 100%.  Thankfully! The acid reflux/heartburn is here with a vengeance though. Pepcid isn't even cutting it. I'm going to have to ask what else I can take.

Rants/Raves: I have multiple raves this week!  Most importantly - I got the genetic screening results today after our EIF ultrasound result and everything is normal!  HOORAY!  Also, my boss quit yesterday which is amazing because she's the worst boss I've ever had. It's been a great week!

Questions: NATM

GTKY: If you could only wear one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be? Soft leggings with pockets with some sort of loose, cotton top. 
  • @goldfishcraker I 100% understand. I'm always worried about those types of things too, but on the other hand suffering through months of reflux unmedicated probably wouldn't have been very good for you OR baby either. A comfortable and well rested momma is a happy momma and (generally speaking) a healthy momma is a healthy babe.

@faithmovesmountains a terrible mother would be bottling up her feelings and not being concerned with her babe's well being. If a good cry were to put too much stress on a baby than we ALL are doomed. I have a good cry on a regular basis 🤣 You are so right that we are all doing the best we can with the information available to us regarding meds (and honestly all the decisions we make on a day-to-day basis).

I do the same though, I will get splitting headaches occasionally and I don't want to unnecessarily take Tylenol so inevitably I end up suffering with it, trying to correct it without medication for a few hours until I'm so miserable that I break down, and finally take Tylenol. An hour later once it's kicked in and I'm back to thinking straight I always shake my head to myself that I'm dumb for not taking it sooner. 

BFP 3/21/2020!  OMG We're having TWINS! 4/17/2020
    --------------------------------
    LO arrived 11/9/2018!  We have a baby!
    --------------------------------
    Me: 33 | DH: 41
    Married: March 2016
    TTC #1/IUD out January 2017
    PCOS dx January 2018
    Medicated cycle 2.5mg Letrozole CD3-7 February 2018
    BFP 3/10/2018! 
    -------------------------------

TTGP December Siggy Co-Winner: Favorite Moments from Holiday Movies/TV 
    TTGP October Siggy Winner: Animals in Costume 

• EDD / Weeks + Days: 4/6/22 /  20+1

Baby is the size of a(n) / interesting fact: as tall as a Venti Starbucks cup 

Team Finding Out/Blue/Pink/Green: Girl

Upcoming Appointments: 11/23 AS and midwife appt

How are you feeling?: Still a little nauseous, even with daily Zofran. And the bump is starting to feel heavy! Overall, I am feeling more like myself than the first trimester. 

Rants/Raves: none this week

Questions: none this week

leggings, tunic-type top, and cozy socks!
  • @michelle_bird great news about your test results!!

@night_nurse good for you guys on getting a date night in!! ❤️

@Panaceia we are here for it all, even if you feel like a broken record. I’m so sorry you are still feeling sick. I admire that you’ve been able to move your body so consistently despite the nausea and vomiting!! That is quite the daily feat!