Options

Weekly Check-In 11/15

How far along are you//EDD:

Size of the baby: 

Upcoming appointments:  

How are you feeling?: 

Rants/Raves: 

Questions:  

GTKY: Do you like going to the movies or prefer watching at home? Last movie you watched that you really enjoyed? Favorite thing to eat/drink while watching a movie? 

Re: Weekly Check-In 11/15

• Options

How far along are you//EDD: 30W/Jan 24

Size of the baby: zucchini - baby is supposed to be 15-16” and almost 3 lbs, I’ve definitely never seen a zucchini that size 

Upcoming appointments:  3 hr GD test tomorrow, 32 OB appointment in 2 weeks

How are you feeling?: I’ve been feeling ok, sleep has been pretty good except I think I’ve been getting headaches because of the way I’m sleeping. I also have to pee ALL the time, I don’t ever not have to pee. 

Rants: I’m starting to get concerned that some of the essentials I’ve ordered for LO aren’t going to arrive in time, they keep pushing back the delivery date. Rave: our floors are finally going to be installed this week so we’ll finally be able to start getting the nursery together. 

Questions:  none

GTKY: Do you like going to the movies or prefer watching at home? Last movie you watched that you really enjoyed? Favorite thing to eat/drink while watching a movie?

I do not like going to movie theaters and would be happy never going to a theater again. I love watching movies at home and having the option to pause and be comfy and it being clean. The Mitchells vs the Machines was really cute, so was Luca. I haven’t watched any good adult movies lately, looking forward to seeing what others have liked. Favorite movie snack is gummy candies like sour patch kids or hot tamales. 

• Options

How far along are you//EDD: 32+5/January 5

Size of the baby: squash... do squash get up to near 4 pounds? These are just weird. 

Upcoming appointments:  December 7th checkup and tdap 

How are you feeling?: Ok. Peeing like 3+ times a night, but thankfully I usually fall right back asleep. My foot feels a little better? I have an appt with my PCP tomorrow to check it out. I'm sure nothing can be done about it but whatever. 

Rants/Raves: There was a Covid case in my kid's pre-k class so both kids (my other kid's class mingles with the pre-k kids on the playground) are at home for the next week. I'm already exhausted. We had plans to have some family over for dinner tomorrow, so that's cancelled. Kinda bummed about it, but at least I don't have to cook and clean all day tomorrow? Instead I'll be watching my kids destroy the house. But here's some good news - I pulled the trigger on a lot of my registry the other day, and stuff has been coming in. I really want to set up the bassinet and swing now, but should probably hold off - the kids will just mess with it, I'm sure. 

Questions:  nope

GTKY: Do you like going to the movies or prefer watching at home? Last movie you watched that you really enjoyed? Favorite thing to eat/drink while watching a movie? I actually don't like watching movies, haha. Binge-watching TV series have ruined me. It's like, movies aren't long enough to develop really interesting stories like a whole season of a show can, and then sitting still for 2+ hours to watch something sounds exhausting, haha. I can't even think of the last movie I saw that wasn't one of the kids' movie choices. I'm a popcorn person for sure. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    How far along are you?  30 weeks and 4 days.  EDD/ January 20th.

Size of the baby- as tall as a paper towel roll!  

Upcoming appts:  OB this Friday, GD nurse on Monday, ultrasound next week and then weekly low stress test monitoring bc my umbilical cord is attached weird.  Kinda excited to track babes more closely.

How are you feeling?  Ready to not be pregnant.  I cry a lot and this high protein GD diet is not fun.  (I miss fruit!) But just happy to be here as well.  

Rants/Raves?  I feel like I could complain about lots of things but it’s just the hormones lol.  I hate everyone right now. 

Questions? None in particular 

GTKY - I love the movies but don’t want to go now bc I would be fiending for popcorn (stupid GD).  We saw that movie “Free Guy” a month or two ago and it was cute.  I love action movies and watching them in the theatre.  Just watched Red Notice on Netflix this weekend and it was cute but about 30 minutes two long.  Oh just realized both movies I mentioned are Ryan Reynolds lol.
  • Options

@elksamm, I wake up with raging headaches too. I’m wondering if I’m clenching and grinding my teeth much more now. 

How far along are you//EDD: 33w 3D

Size of the baby: celery stalk

Upcoming appointments: US and OB the week of thanksgiving

How are you feeling?: so fatigued

Rants/Raves: rant, my new boss expressed his displeasure that I’m taking parental leave and using the pto I earned before it expires. Rave, so thankful my sister decided to get the COVID vaccine!

Questions: anyone gasp or involuntarily jerk when baby starts doing acrobatics in there? It surprises me and the odd sensations stir me to react involuntarily most days.

GTKY: Do you like going to the movies or prefer watching at home? Last movie you watched that you really enjoyed? Favorite thing to eat/drink while watching a movie? It’s gotta be a shortish (by today’s standards) movie for me to go to the theater. There’s one of those fancy, big comfy chair, order plated meals and drinks theaters not too far away. I don’t mind that place so much. Muppets haunted mansion was funny! Movie snacks gotta be buttered popcorn and a pop!

• Options
    @katepattsea YES to the involuntary jerks! And groans. 
  • Options
    @katepattsea I gasp a lot when I feel the baby move. It startles DH, but I'm like, "What would YOU do if you have a whole ass human being moving around inside of you?!"

How far along are you//EDD: 31w3d / January 15

Size of the baby: Babylist says she's the size of a 1/2 gallon of Sunny-D, which delights me. 

Upcoming appointments: 11/23 for 32-wk appointment and 11/29 for latest growth scan.

How are you feeling?: Better after my booster kicked my butt. I had the works - severe body aches, chills/shivering, fever. I was not expecting it to hit me like it did...but it only lasted around 36 hours. Pregnancy-wise, still large, still easily winded, still have to pee all the time, and still constipated. I know we're in the homestretch now but I would like the next 8 weeks or so to come quickly. 

Rants/Raves: Rave - today is my 2nd wedding anniversary! We're going to a fancy restaurant because we happen to have a giftcard, lol. Also, at 4am the morning of our wedding, the hotel's fire alarm went off and DH asked if he should set off our alarm to set the mood. Ha...I think not! Rant - no rants for today! *Knock wood.*

Questions:  NATM

GTKY: Do you like going to the movies or prefer watching at home? Last movie you watched that you really enjoyed? Favorite thing to eat/drink while watching a movie? I don't particularly like watching movies (I don't have the attention span) but I do prefer to be at home. Ironically enough, the last movie I saw was in a movie theater - "The Many Saints of Newark." There is NOTHING like movie theater, buttered popcorn and a fountain soda the size of your head. Nothing.

• Options
    Haha I gasp occasionally w those random jerks/ movements too!

How far along are you//EDD: 33 weeks today 

Size of the baby: celery stalk or butternut squash 

Upcoming appointments:  next Monday for 34 week appt/ repeat US to check if he is breech still 

How are you feeling?:  much more fatigued this week, definitely am slowing down and will have energy for an hour or two then feel like I need to rest again 

Rants/Raves: Rant- my two cats have been contributing to my poor sleep and are starting to meow/ trying to get my attention at random hours of the night. I think they are realizing their lives are about to change lol 

Questions: I don’t think so 

I used to like going to the movies and we went a lot before Covid.. loved sharing a big buttery popcorn and drink lol, but now I reallly like just lying on our couch for movie night at home instead. Just watched “Love Hard,” a new Christmas rom com on Netflix and it was cute and heartwarming. 

• Options
    @elksamm "I’ve definitely never seen a zucchini that size" 😆 Glad to know someone else has this thoughts about the vegetable size comparisons!

@katepattsea About your boss -- ARGH! it makes my blood boil how NOT understanding employers can be about time off for birth! The way our society is set up is just so unreasonable and unhealthy in terms of work expectations 

How far along are you//EDD: 30w6d / Jan 20

Size of the baby: bunch of broccoli 

Upcoming appointments:  right before Thanksgiving for a sonogram!

How are you feeling?: Well. It is 4:30 am and I can't get back to sleep. Pregnancy insomnia is fun 😫. (This also makes everyone's advice to "get sleep while you can!" extra hilarious in a I-want-to-cry-because-I'm-already-tired type way). Other than that I feel pretty good overall. Just larger everday!

Rants/Raves: rant- see above for insomnia rant! Rave- my heartburn is finally under control! Eating is somewhat enjoyable again 😄

Questions:  natm

I like going to the movie theater but I haven't been since the pandemic started. Some movies are just better on the big screen and I miss the experience. I recently watched "Shang Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings" on Disney+ (I will confess, I am a nerd for all Marvel movies). I thought it was really well done and would be enjoyable for those who don't follow all the other movies. For food, I'm all about the classic popcorn and soda combo. 🍿🥤

• Options
    @rachel0428 My cats too! One in particular starts meowing at 3/4am if our door is closed and then promptly jumps up on the bed and sleeps on my side (I keep moving him from my belly) until it's breakfast time. It's adorable but I also worry how they are going to be when the baby is here because I won't let them in the room with her at night when we're sleeping.
  • Options

How far along are you//EDD: 33w4d (1/1/22)

Size of the baby: Butternut squash

Upcoming appointments:  Mon 11/22 for my 34 week appointment.

How are you feeling?: Anxious/Overwhelmed.  It's conference week at school.  I am also at the same gestation that I was when I went into labor with my son (who also coincidentally was born during conference week, but in the spring). Every little twinge and cramp I read into because I'm thinking - could this be it??

Rants/Raves: I don't have any rants in particular.  RAVE: I have a massage this Saturday, and my mom was able to get something really special for me that I made my grandma when I was in HS, and she's bringing it to me next week.  My grandma died almost 2 years ago, and my narcissistic and manic aunt has been holding on to her things since then. Also, I got my Covid Booster on Saturday!! Other than a very sore arm, no side effects/symptoms. 

Questions:  Do you know if you'll have to wear a mask while laboring? I didn't think about it until recently and am going to my OB at Monday's appointment. 

GTKY: Do you like going to the movies or prefer watching at home? Last movie you watched that you really enjoyed? Favorite thing to eat/drink while watching a movie? I love going to movies and watching them at home.  My husband and I actually have a date this weekend to go to the movies and do some shopping while grandma babysits. I recently watched Love Hard on Netflix and that was really cute.  Last movie I saw in the theater, that I enjoyed - not sure.  Most of them have been kids movies lately.  I am looking forward to Sing 2!  I usually get warm pretzel bites and an Icee, and then snack on some of my husband's popcorn. 

@katepattsea that infuriates me about your boss.  Don't feel guilty at all!! You are ENTITLED to your leave!! Also, I definitely gasp or jump if baby moves in a way that startles or tickles me. 

DS: 3-6-15 💙
    Baby Girl Due: 1-1-22
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @lilyfox Oh, that’s good to hear about Shang Chi, because I want to see it (I love Simu Liu😍) but wasn’t sure because I don’t really know Marvel at all. Guess I’ll be watching that soon! 
  • Options
    @lilyfox we just watched Shang Chi and liked it also, I like action movies that are funny too (loved most of the Marvel movies)

@magalina_h I’m also looking forward to Sing 2. At my hospital you don’t have to wear a mask during labor & delivery but all guests have to (we’re allowed up to two people in the room). Unfortunately kids are not allowed in the hospital at anytime :( so hopefully it’s a short stay
  • Options

How far along are you//EDD: 31w6d Jan 14th

Size of the baby: A bunch of asparagus (which doesn’t seem right lol)

Upcoming appointments: Nov. 23rd Prenatal & US 

How are you feeling?: i’m feeling good! I have been getting cramps/ belly pain as well as back pain. Anyone else? I can still feel baby moving & no abnormal fluids so I haven’t called my OB I feel like I call them enough.

Rants/Raves: I feel like i’m in the 1st trimester energy wise. I feel like I can’t get out of my own way, & everything is becoming increasingly difficult lol Our nursery Is just about done!

Questions: none this week!

GTKY: Do you like going to the movies or prefer watching at home? Last movie you watched that you really enjoyed? Favorite thing to eat/drink while watching a movie? I can not remember for the life of me the last time I went to the movie theater! The last movie I watched was The Nightmare Before Christmas (my fav)!  I like to eat anything & I normally would have a beer but 🤰🏼 so just water!

• Options
    @katepattsea I totally gasp/jump/groan when this baby moves sometimes. It's definitely getting more uncomfortable as he gets bigger. 

How far along are you//EDD: 30+4/Jan 23

Size of the baby: zucchini- I have seen them this big!

Upcoming appointments:  OB this am, and US in 2 weeks for biophysical profile 

How are you feeling?: tired. Braxton hicks are still annoyin g. 

Rants/Raves: had a massage yesterday.  I the was decent. 

Rant:my son was awake every hour until 1am last night. At least I'm off today so I can nap....though that's not how I was hoping to spend my day  

Questions:  nope

Just at home. We never go to the movies. And we rarely watch movies- my husband prefers to binge shows. 

• Options

How far along are you//EDD: 33 weeks today 

Size of the baby: celery 

Upcoming appointments:  I go for weekly ultrasounds so next Wednesday 

How are you feeling?: Tired! 

Rants/Raves: I’m officially on maternity leave! It was a rough couple of months at work physically and mentally so I decided to leave earlier than I excepted. Also I will be having the baby on 12/16 due to elevated blood pressure and a history of preeclampsia.  Scheduled it this morning!! 

Questions:  

I prefer watching movies at home but don’t watch them much. The last movie I saw was bits and pieces of the Many Saints of Newark that my husband was watching. I can’t remember the last one I actually sat and watched. 

At the movies I LOVE buttered popcorn! The greasier the better! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @GracieL79 I’m sorry to hear things weren’t easy as of late for you. How exciting about your induction date being scheduled!! If you’re inclined, post it in the induction date thread one of the other mommas started. You already have a buddy there!
  • Options
    @firewife_911 Yes to the cramps. They’re definitely worse in the evening which kinda leads me to believe they’re mainly due to all the activity and stress on my body during the day, but I found myself googling “preterm labor” last night because I was so uncomfortable.