July 2022 Moms
Options

Weekly Check-In w/o 11/15

***let me know if I should to break the check-ins by due date or not. I figure we could see how busy this week gets and change it up the following week if we find it gets too busy***

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days:

FTM/STM/STM+:

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out:

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of:

Upcoming appointments:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves:

Questions:

GTKY: what's your favorite fall activity?
*TW* History:
Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
Repeat labs in 8 weeks
Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
TTC put on pause

Re: Weekly Check-In w/o 11/15

• Options
    Oops sorry.. posted mine in last week's thread. 😅

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: edd 7/26 (3w6d)

FTM/STM/STM+: STM, son is 3.5 years and been begging for a sibling.

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Finding out with NIPT asap because I'm impatient

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Just a bundle of cells right now. Got a positive test 3 days ago and another, way darker positive yesterday.

Upcoming appointments: Just scheduled my first one! 12/17 for ultrasound and nurse appointment. I'll be 8w3d. 

How are you feeling?: Good so far but can definitely tell I'm pregnant. Slight twinges/ cramps and an occasional unsettled stomach. Odd cravings and the usual telltale sign of chicken aversion. 

Rants/Raves: 

Questions:

GTKY: what's your favorite fall activity? Going to the farms around here (yay Ohio/ Kentucky) for the fall activities they do. We always go in October for their corn mazes, pumpkin painting, petting zoo, hot apple cider, pumpkin picking. Aside from that, I looove Thanksgiving! Yum!
  • Options
    @inthewoods23 I personally really like these dailies - the TTGP community was so freaking organized and I loved it! On a personal note there, I chose note to announce my departure from there based on my timing and the blurb at the top of that thread. Do you think that was the right way to go?
    @stardustskies yes, we are due date twins! Which good because I forgot how to calculate my weeks + days 😂

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 7/26 / 3w6d (which sounds soooo early to me, I'm so nervous)

FTM/STM/STM+: STM

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Team finding out. I am a planner and need ALL the things done and in a row beforehand. 

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: I feel like N/A right now haha

Upcoming appointments: First US on 12/15....exactly one month from today! I asked if they did a blood draw to confirm the pregnancy and they said no. That makes me a little nervous so I am going to try to just keep it all in the back of my mind as much as I can until the US. 

How are you feeling?: Really nauseous. I'm on the verge of puking 24/7, though it isn't effecting my sleep yet. I didn't have that with my first so this is new territory for me. 

Rants/Raves: Snow is in the forecast this week and I. Am. Not. Ready. We have one huge winterization project to get done and I'm afraid we won't get to it in time ugh. Also, pregnancy related, my due date is very inconvenient. It is the week of the all-company meeting in our corporate office so I won't be able to go. It is also the week after a big family vacation to the beach... so being 39 weeks pregnant in another state makes me nervous. Also, I'm sure this child will be late and therefore share a birthday with MH haha. 
    Rave: I am very happy that my position is 100% remote. I can wear whatever the heck I want and not have to worry about maternity work clothes!

Questions: How do you combat very very earl pregnancy nerves? That is mostly rhetorical because, really who can haha. But the obsessive side of my brain is kicking in

GTKY: what's your favorite fall activity? ALLLL of them haha - all the basic fall things. One thing that we do that isn't "typical" is a pumpkin smash. The day that Christmas decorations do out, we go and smash our pumpkins with hammers etc. and bring them to the woods for the critters to eat! Demolition is fun....
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    July 10th 6+1

FTM/STM/STM+:
    I have two girls, 9 years old and 6 1/2 months old. 

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out:
    Finding out, it's probably a girl. It's been girls for 5 generations and my husband is bitter about it. 😂

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of:
    I looked at weird baby size charts and found the baby sizes for millennials. It says baby is the size of a hashtag. # I don't think that's accurate though, because baby should be double that size according to the bump. 🤷‍♀️

Upcoming appointments: Just an introductory hour long phone call with the nurse on 12/3. 

How are you feeling?: Horrible. So nauseous, so tired. I'm thankful for how crappy I feel, but this is pretty hard this time when taking care of a little one and homeschooling the big one and taking care of the homestead.  

Rants/Raves:
    Fractions are the worst, and holy crap there are so many lessons on fractions in 4th grade. Make it stop, I don't have the patience for this right now.

Questions:

This feels like a weird question when I'm literally surrounded by snow. 😂 I love fall hikes and fall coffee, and going to the apple orchard. 
  • Options
    @jellie603 How many hours away in a different state? I really would suggest skipping that trip at 39 weeks and I'm sure your doctor would say the same, just to be safe. No one wants to have a baby out of network with a doctor they don't know.
  • Options
    @jellie603 you meet the length of time requirement and were a regular participant so I don't see why not. The point was to prevent those who rarely posted or interacted with others from posting an announcement because sometimes it's like "who the hell are you?".

@thegeekymom size of a hashtag?? But.... like, the size of it depends on the phone button size and also what size font you're using. That makes no sense!

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: July 14; 5w4d

FTM/STM/STM+: FTM

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Team finding out! Because like @jellie603 I am a planner!! Granted half our stuff will probably be gray anyway so it almost doesn't matter

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: TB says we're the size of a new No. 2 pencil eraser. I learned the other day that bay isn't considered a fetus until it's 8 weeks.

Upcoming appointments: working on getting HCG checked every 48 hours, plus progesterone and estrogen checked every week and an ultrasound every week.

How are you feeling?: Just sick from covid I think? Been a little more emotional the last couple days. I haven't cried in some time but I have like 3 times since this weekend started. Symptoms really don't kick in until after 6 weeks right?

Rants/Raves: I'm just so happy to be on progesterone and estrogen supplementation since 5 weeks instead of 6.5 weeks like last time! Things are different this time around with doctors so of course my new RI wants things monitored constantly. Might actually hit our deductible! lol

Questions: got nothing this week

GTKY: what's your favorite fall activity? the corn maze is a yearly tradition. Can I count wearing beanie hats as an activity? That's my favorite part of the cooler weather - the hats.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: July 20th(4w 5d)

FTM/STM/STM+: STM+, DD is 7 and DS is 5. I feel like I’m starting over because it’s been so long since we’ve had a little baby it feels like. DH and I were talking about the last time we bought diapers. We also don’t have anything, we got rid of all of our baby stuff. 

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Team finding out, I mentioned to DH how I would like to be team green and he laughed at me because we both know my brain is way to obsessive about things to not find out lol. 

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a poppy seed

Upcoming appointments: I still need to call and schedule my first appointment. We’ve moved since I had DD and DS so I’ll be finding a new doctor and delivering at a new hospital.

How are you feeling?: overall I feel okay, I have felt faintly nauseous at times. Lots of twinges and things going on down there, trying not to overthink everything. My biggest symptom right now is my boobs are so painfully sore, like my nipples are sore to the touch. 

Rants/Raves: Mini rant, we told MIL this weekend because she was down visiting and her reaction was “oh, okay”. I didn’t expect like a huge reaction because it is the third baby and she is not the most emotive or nurturing person but like dang. We don’t have the best relationship with DHs family in the first place, a lot of past hurt that could never be fully resolved, so I dread telling the rest of them. We made a bet on at least one person asking us if we “haven’t figured out how that happens yet”. 

Questions:

I love going to a good pumpkin patch, one that has lots of activities for the kids. 
  • Options
    @courtneyqdk I personally have always had a midwife. I find they spend more time with you, are more open to questions and transparent about treatment, and are much slower to jump all over interventions. It always felt like the midwives trusted my body to do what bodies do. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: July 13 / 5w5d

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Team Green! H wants a boy; I'll be thrilled either way. (With our first I really wanted a boy, but now that we have our awesome daughter, I'd love to have another girl. But I'd also love to have a boy. Basically, I know from experience that I will love them wholeheartedly either way!)

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Itty bitty (pomegranate seed?)

Upcoming appointments: Not until 12/21, when I'll be 11 weeks...feels so late!

How are you feeling?: Pretty normal. I wish I knew when my symptoms kicked in last time, because (a) it would be reassuring to know that I felt normal early on and (b) I want to be prepared for when I DON'T feel normal, haha. We are going to be spending almost a week with family starting this Friday, and I want to be able to hide any symptoms...we'll see.

Rants/Raves: Rant: I bought some North Face gloves for biking, and they didn't really help my hands at all this morning (it was snowing!). Not sure if I can return them since they were "open box" ish (didn't have the packaging, marked down). Oh well. Rave: Raving that I don't have more to rant about! ;) And, I'm loving my skin care routine lately.

Questions: Apparently my first appointment (@ 11 weeks) won't include an ultrasound...does that seem normal? Should I push back? I got to have an ultrasound at my first appointment in my previous state, and it was much earlier...

GTKY: what's your favorite fall activity? Apple cider + cider donuts! I know those aren't activities, but it seems like fall passes so quickly that we're enjoying Christmas activities before we know it. We get to do a corn maze from time to time (we live in what feels like the corn capital of the world), and those are usually fun!

• Options
    @courtneyqdk I personally always loved the midwives at the practice I worked for. They were much better with the patient care, IMO. That being said, our office constantly had them seeing 30+ patients a day which made it really hard for them to give each patient the time that they deserve. So I guess it depends on how busy that practice is.
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: July 4th! 7 weeks today!

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Team finding out

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Blueberry (my daughter's favorite food right now!)

Upcoming appointments: I have another ultrasound on Thursday

How are you feeling?: I have had slight nausea all day for a few days now and I'm constantly dragging.

Rants/Raves: I had a family thanksgiving party yesterday and I got away without drinking by saying that I was driving (so DH could drink), but I had to eat an oyster in order to not totally give myself away. I loooooooove oysters (and was coincidentally whining on the drive there that I couldn't eat oysters for 9 months now) and low and behold we walk into the party and there's my uncle shucking oysters at the kitchen counter. My whole family knows I love oysters and my mom was sitting right next to me when he handed it to me - so I ate it (and then said I was full when he offered me more). I'm the worst liar and couldn't come up with an excuse fast enough so I just said a prayer it wouldn't make me sick and swallowed. So far so good today lol 

Questions: Nope

GTKY: what's your favorite fall activity? Everything @stardustskies said, plus cider donuts!

@jellie603 - Early pregnancy nerves/anxiety are the worst. I try to just keep myself busy with different things to look forward to each week to try to keep my mind off of it. 

@thegeekymom - I am sooooo dreading the day I need to help my kids with math homework. I will need to hire them a tutor, because otherwise it will just be both of us crying at the kitchen counter. 

@inthewoods23 - Glad you were able to get progesterone and estrogen started so quickly! I asked for a progesterone check (just because it was low and my dose needed to be upped last time), but they said they wouldn't even check it because this was a natural pregnancy. 

@tuxielove93 - Happy to hear that your husband has stepped up and is helping out more! Being parents is all about teamwork. 

@bearsandbeets7 - Sorry your MIL's reaction wasn't better. No matter what number kid this will be, she should be excited!

@courtneyqdk - Yay for christmas decorations! I couldn't convince my husband to let me put them up before Thanksgiving this year.

@L1C4gal - I'm high risk due to cardiac issues, so I get an ultrasound at nearly every appointment. Did you ask what week your practice does the first ultrasound? Being close to 12 weeks, I would think they'd do one then?
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days:  July 9/ 6w + 2

FTM/STM/STM+: FTM

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: still not sure

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: the size of a dried corn kernel - very fitting as I am surrounded by corn in Iowa

Upcoming appointments: US and check up with the NP next Monday! 

How are you feeling?: Pretty good - every symptom still makes me happy and confirms I am pregnant and I need all of those affirmations at this time. The fatigue hit hard this weekend - must have slept like 20 hours.

Rants/Raves: Rave - finally convinced myself to do an actual workout yesterday! Rant - Found out I cannot do jumping jacks or burpies because of sore boobs :/ I guess in hind sight that is a rave?

Questions: 

GTKY: what's your favorite fall activity?  apple orchards, pumpkin spice lattes, sweaters, fall drives to look at the changing leaves and Football! 

@feather_heather I hear you on hiding your pregnancy - having to get creative with reasons why I am not drinking.... Thanksgiving is going to be tough! 

@L1C4gal corn capital?? You aren't from Iowa are you? If not, must be close by!
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: July 2/ 7w2d

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Finding Out! I keep referring to baby as a him though… Maybe mama’s intuition?

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: Size of an altoid

Upcoming appointments: 1st appointment/ultrasound is on Dec 2 when I’m  9w5d. It seems so far away!!

How are you feeling?: This pregnancy is completely different from my first. I had bad acne, gas, oily hair, etc. with my first. Now my skin is painfully dry 😖 and my allergies are going absolutely haywire. I ordered a new vacuum this weekend and it will be here Wednesday. I’ve never been so excited for a package to come in! Haha!

Rants/Raves: The allergies are killing me. I’m assuming it’s pregnancy related because I did not have this issue two weeks ago, but since I’ve found out it’s been non-stop. I’ve had to use my inhaler more often lately and it makes me so nervous. I try to avoid medication while pregnant, but I can’t just suffer through not being able to breathe… I’m getting a new vacuum on Wednesday and I hope deep cleaning the floors will help! My little Aussie has been on me like Velcro and that certainly doesn’t help things… but I love to snuggle my sweet boy. 

Questions: When are you planning to tell work? I work for a very small company and I am the entire HR Dept, lol. And of course, I got pregnant a month after I started here. Whoops 😅 

GTKY: what's your favorite fall activity? Is drinking hot chocolate considered an activity? I planned a Hot Cocoa bar as a fall treat at work and I can’t wait for it!! I love hot chocolate ☕️ 
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: July 10th, 6 + 3

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Green

Upcoming appointments: Ultrasound Thursday to check for heartbeat!!!! (FET)

How are you feeling?: For the past three days in late afternoon i start to feel weird. I am calling it queasy but i dont actually think thats it. A snack usually makes it better so i am think it might be blood sugar?

GTKY: what's your favorite fall activity? Camping!! I love when its cold at night around the fire and hiking in the leaves.
    Our Journey:
    Me: 40
    TTC since 2017
    3/18-9/18- IUI's
    11/18- IVF #1
    1/19- IVF #2
    8/19- DE Cycle #1- 5 PGS tested normal
    9/19- FET #1- SUCCESS! May 2020
    10/21- FET #2- SUCCESS! July 2022
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 7/15, 5w2d

FTM/STM/STM+: STM+

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Finding out!

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: says it the size of a letter bead!

Upcoming appointments: 11/29 is my first appt

How are you feeling?: totally exhausted and sore boobs… but they are comforting symptoms. 

Rants/Raves: we are just beyond thrilled to be here. This is baby 3 and a rainbow baby. My older two are 11 and 5 and we are just so excited to grow our family. 

Questions: No questions this week!

GTKY: what's your favorite fall activity? Pumpkin patch, Halloween, thanksgiving… I love all the fall things!!
    Kimberly
    DS #1 11/08/10
    DS #2 due 10/20/16
  • Options
    binxybabybinxybaby member
    edited November 2021
    July 1st, 7+3
    Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: Team Finding Out....hopefully tomorrow!!! I used Sneak Peek.
    Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: An uncooked macaroni noodle. The Bump was very specific about it being uncooked.
    Upcoming appointments: Nothing until December 8th! It's agonizing.
    How are you feeling?: Morning sickness finally hit this morning. Yikes. I also had a headache. I ended up needing a midday nap and some Tylenol to get me through. Also, thank goodness for Ginger Ale!
    Rants/Raves: We were supposed to have family photos/3 Year Old Photos for my son/announcement photos this weekend, but our photographer got Covid. Part of me is relieved because I don't feel ready, but now I have to come up with another idea for an announcement. 
    Questions: STM so not really. I'm just riding the wave of pregnancy and hoping everything works out for the best. I'm a bit less cautious than I was with my firstborn so hoping that doesn't bite me I the ass.
    I can't pick just one. I love the pumpkin patch, apple picking, looking at the leaves change, decorating for fall and Halloween, ALL OF IT.
    Pregnancy TickerSaveSave
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 7/11, 6 wks today

FTM/STM/STM+: third time mom. DS1 almost 4 and DS2 almost 

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: still not sure. If we did find out it wouldn't be until anatomy scan

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: am earring back

Upcoming appointments: not until 12/22. Been trying to get in sooner, since I'll be 11 weeks at that point

How are you feeling?: Overalls good. Hints of nausea and tired.

Rants/Raves: both boys are healthy enough to be back in daycare today! So many colds and germs going around

Questions: Has anyone else asked Dr about covid booster shots? My doc recommended waiting until after first trimester, but didn't give any reasoning

GTKY: what's your favorite fall activity? Pumpkin patch/corn maze and drives looking at the leaves 

@ladykaty91 I've waited until 2nd tri past pregnancies

@feather_heather hiding pregnancy is so hard! I definitely dumped a bottle of beer down the drain this past weekend, rinsed it and re-filled with water 🤣

@L1C4gal I feel like it's pretty standard to get a dating US somewhere around 12 weeks, I'd dig a little further
  • Options
    @ladykaty91 Pregnancy rhinitis is a very real and very frustrating thing. I had it last time. I was consistently congested until the moment I gave birth. And then bam! 

@cmhme Generally, morning sickness is helped if you keep your blood sugar as level as possible. So don’t eat too much or too little or too infrequently. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
  • Options
    @sjb2215 I’m going to see what my OB says about booster at my appt on Friday but an OBGYN I respect that I’m connected with on IG (dr sterling) had a chat last week essentially said we don’t have enough data that it is any safer or more preferred to get in one trimester over another. There is a theory that there could be benefit tp baby getting it in 3rd tri but they don’t know if it’s actually beneficial or how long any potential benefit would last and the risk of getting Covid during pregnancy is so dangerous that it’s often better to get it as soon as you can. I’m hoping my doc gives me the all clear so I can get it asap
  • Options
    july 11/ 6 weeks today!

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: finding out hopefully in the next month via nipt 

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: a sweet pea 

Upcoming appointments: 11/19 for US and initial visit with OB.  Although I saw them a week and a half ago for I guess an accidentally scheduled too early appt 🤣 and was there so many times in aug and early sep for a loss so I feel like I’ve been living there lately 

How are you feeling?: okay. Boobs sore but some days are much worse than others. I did a longer run that usual yesterday which my boobs did not like. Evening acid reflux has seemed to start since yesterday

Rants/Raves: I’ve had a lot of cancellations at work lately and I only get paid per client contact hour so I’m a little stressed since I want to make and save as much as I can now,  because I have no paid time off. On the upside my birthday is tomorrow and I have a light work day now! 

Questions:

GTKY: what's your favorite fall activity? I feel like fall is disappearing here since we’ve had snow flurries several days this past week in IL. Although it’ll be 60 on Wednesday so 🤪 I love apple picking and a good corn maze and all the pumpkin food and drinking hot tea. And so glad to have my first real fall In many years after living in FL for 6 years 
  • Options
    @binxybaby I'm so sorry you didn't get the news you were hoping for. 
  • Options
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 4 weeks

FTM/STM/STM+: 3rd time

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: finding out

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: poppyseed 

Upcoming appointments: I haven’t called my dr yet

How are you feeling?: Tired. Yesterday I wanted to eat everything and today I’m nauseated and nothing sounds good. And I’m slightly constipated 😜

Rants/Raves: I don’t remember having symptoms this early before, but it could be my bad memory.

Questions:

GTKY: what's your favorite fall activity? Football games 
  • Options
    @sunshineandlemons Ooh I wasn’t even thinking of Thanksgiving morning or that would’ve been my answer too! We eat the same breakfast for every holiday and I love snuggling with the kiddos and watching the parade
  • Options
    @binxybaby awww I'm sorry. Your feelings are valid and I in a way understand that feeling of what will never be. 2 years ago when we transferred an embryo we selected a boy one. Only 2 of our embryos were boys and we ended up losing both because 1 didn't survive the thawing process and the other didn't implant and I grieved for a really long time knowing that our remaining embryos were all girls and there was no chance of having a boy unless we went through the IVF process again. Things have changed for me now - I can conceive naturally - so the hope is there again, but at the time that was really hard to come to terms with. I hope no one gives you a lot of grief for you feelings. I know many people have very strong opinions about it.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    @binxybaby it is OK to grieve what will never be. You can be grateful for a healthy baby and disappointed about dreams you had attached to their sex. Humans can hold more than one emotion at a time.
    I’m sorry this didn’t go the way you were hoping. I know that every mama who has expressed this that I know ends up loving their baby unconditionally anyways. 
    When I was pregnant with my second, I couldn’t figure out how I could love another baby the way I loved my first. YOU WILL. You may not believe it now, but you absolutely will. 

I am going to have a very hard time if it’s a girl. I have boys, I want another boy, I have some seriously undealt with trauma that makes me not want a girl. That’s ok. I know I will love my baby anyways and I will figure it out. But we are all in this together, and your grief is valid. Please feel your feelings. Bottling things up doesn’t help. The “your misery is worse than mine” argument doesn’t make you feel any better. You can only deal with what you have been dealt. Big hugs mama. Please be gentle with yourself, and allow yourself to grieve. Know you will be an amazing mama anyways.

Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
  • Options
    @binxybaby big hugs to you! You get to feel however you feel.  I’m sure in time your big mama heart will make space for both of your boys 💕
    I hope you don’t mind me saying that I’ve heard that some times people get false positives for boys with sneak peak (unless you did the clinical lab draw) 🤷🏻‍♀️ I was just looking into it today. 

• Options
    zwink1zwink1 member
    edited November 2021
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 7/15.  5w4d (if I can math right)

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: not sure yet.  We were team green previously and I'm completely on board with being green again, but in the spirit of cooperation lol, I've told H he can pick whether we find out this time around.  

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: idk. The size of an Applebee's or something I think. 

Upcoming appointments:  I have my initial call to set up care and schedule apts for when I'm released from the RE with my OB on Sat.  I also have a first ultrasound scheduled with the RE on 11/24

How are you feeling?:  ugh.  Mostly fine but the nausea is coming in hot on this one.  I could also sleep for 23 hrs/day and be totally cool with that.  

Rants/Raves: H stabbed me 3 separate times last night while doing the PIO because he messed up the first 2 and he's about to get fired from that job. 

Questions: nope. 

Honestly? That it's cold now so I no longer have to come up with an excuse to avoid people and curl up under a blanket with some tea, yarn, and a good book.  

Edit - I thought of a rant. 
  • Options
    @binxybaby it’s amazing how our hearts grow to love beyond our expectations. But the same heart gets to grieve too. Sending you hugs!

Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: 6 weeks 

FTM/STM/STM+: STM+ (that is so weird to see typed out!)

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: green

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: sweet pea / the gestation period for a pig is 3 months, 3 weeks and 3 days 

Upcoming appointments: 12/9 - they told me it’s “the long one” Bc I see the NP for medical history/questions, get an ultrasound, meet the payment “counselor” and then see the OB. I normally see the midwife at the practice but she’s only in one day a week and I’m on a work trip that day. Funny thing is, the midwife didn’t deliver either of my girls bc I had them on her office day. 

How are you feeling?: nauseous in the evening. Like if we stray one bit from our original dinner plan, it and food aversions set in. It’s really dang annoying. 

Rants/Raves: I’m suuuuper overloaded at work this week. I just wanna survive without getting a blackmark foe falling behind. Also, pregnancy brain is not helping at all. / someone is coming to clean my house tomorrow! I’m so excited *and* my house will be clean before we go out of town for Thanksgiving 

Questions: none right now

Getting together with our group of friends every Saturday to watch football. Also bonfires. It stays hot here til October but once it finally cools off, we have one every Saturday at aforementioned football gathering. 
  • Options
    Thank you all for your kind words. Honestly, I was hesitant to open this thread and see what others said, but you are all being so sweet to me. I'm doing my best to grieve what will never be and also trying to pump myself up about being an official boy mom. Mostly, I feel terrible that my husband surprised me with a gender reveal and is super excited to have another boy and I ended up crying all night. I feel like a really sh*tty wife. Hoping that I feel a lot better in a couple days.
    Pregnancy TickerSaveSave
  • Options
    @stardustskies, LOL!  Definitely a typo, but that's funny. I really wonder how phones/websites get it in the algorithm that you must mean something that you clearly don't mean when you type something that you do mean.
  • Options
    @binxybaby Hugs mama! I will be preparing myself for that flood of feelings as well whenever we find out the gender. This will be our last and I desperately want a girl but I am already trying to make peace with the fact that it could be a boy - to prepare myself ahead of time haha. 

You WILL love your second boy just as much as your first. Not only that, but the love for your first will grow an change as you see the two of them together. You won't love your first the same way that you do now - but I'm guessing it will be a better love...if that makes sense 💙
  • Options
    @binxybaby what I think is most important is that you recognize that having a healthy baby is above all what matters most in the end and you recognize the fault in your feelings.

I could give you plenty of examples that I've seen here on TB of women loudly complaining about the month of their due dates (like honestly being in 3rd tri in the middle of the sweltering summer doesn't sound fun to me but here we are haha) or, as we often got on the TTGP board, women complaining that they're on month/cycle 4 of trying and how hard it is because they only took 1-2 cycles for their first kid and waaaaahhhh this is taking too long. It's totally reasonable to have those feelings in that situation, but it means a lot to recognize that others may envy your own situation. Of course struggles are not a competition either! Empathy goes a really long way when expressing our own struggles.

@zwink1 lmao Applebees!!! Fantastic typo. Now I kind of want Applebees although I like Chili's more.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Options
    @binxybaby sending love your way. It took me a long time to feel "okay" with having a girl the last time around, but the moment she was born, all the disappointment went out the window. It may take you more time or less, and your ache for a girl may never fully go away, but I guarantee you are going to love that little boy to the ends of the earth <3
  • Options
    francesgsfrancesgs member
    edited November 2021
    Estimated Due Date/Weeks + Days: July 20/5 weeks

FTM/STM/STM+: stm 

Team Green/Pink/Blue/Finding Out: finding out

Interesting Baby Fact/Baby is the size of: about the size of an apple seed! Sooo tiny 

Upcoming appointments: Dec 13 for 8 wk us

How are you feeling?: Biggest thing right now is sore boobs made an appearance yesterday yay..  some cramping here and there but other than that I feel fine. 

Rants/Raves:

Questions: I had my hcg blood draw Friday and it was at 24.8 and then again yesterday and it was 129 and the dr doesn’t want to repeat and said she’ll see me in December.. I feel like it’s low… anyone else’s numbers on the lower end of the scale?

GTKY: what's your favorite fall activity? I love sitting around the fire.. the smell of a bon fire in the cool fall air is heavenly to me 
  • Options
    @binxybaby I understand - I really wanted a girl when I had my first, and I had a boy (now almost 3 years old). I am not sure if I am going to find out this time or not, as I feel if it's a surprise maybe the excitement of new baby will outweigh gender disappointment? Or should I find out so I can process the feelings now... it's so hard to decide! I found when I had gender disappointment the first time I got over it buying a few cute little boy outfits, picking a name, etc. All of the little things that just sort of add to the excitement. Sucks that you are feeling this now but I think I can say with certainty you will love your baby 100% even though you are having these emotions now. Anyway, hang in there! Sucks to feel these emotions, just allow yourself to be sad and process/grieve however feels right for you  <3