How are you feeling?

Rants/raves:

Questions:

Re: Weekly Check-in w/o 11/15

• Loading the player...
  • Estimated due date/ weeks + days: April 5 / 19+6

FTM/STM/TTM+: TTM

Team blue/pink/green: blue

Upcoming appointments: Anatomy scan this Friday!

How are you feeling? I'm doing really well, even though I still have some pubic bone/low back pain. I was at a looong birth this weekend, with only a 15 minute nap on Saturday night, but after a nap at home yesterday and a good night's sleep, I'm not even feeling it! (I fully expected to call out sick today lol). 

Rants/raves: Not really feeling like I have anything haha

Questions: Anyone have experience with dental work during pregnancy? I have a pending root canal that I'd rescheduled (was originally scheduled in my first trimester), and some cavities I need filled - but I'm really worried about not being able to take pain meds, not to mention having to be in that stupid dentist chair for an extended period of time. I also get a lot of anxiety, but they can't give me any of the oral sedatives while pregnant/nursing. 
  • @doula-mama novocain is fine in pregnancy, it was in the packet from my OB, and it's actually much more dangerous in pregnancy to NOT get dental work done. They just recommend asking for the novocain that does not include epinephrine. Valium is also fine in pregnancy according to my OB so you can take that for anxiety if you need to. 
  • @doxiemoxie212 Thank you! That's super helpful!
  • @doula-mama I should add Valium is fine in pregnancy with *sporadic* use, and it's fine if you are NOT using an SSRI/SNRI. 
  • @doxiemoxie212 Happy halfway! I can’t believe we’re at that point already. 

Estimated due date/ weeks + days: Apr 13, 18+5

FTM/STM/TTM+: STM- DS4

Team blue/pink/green: Pink!

Upcoming appointments: Anatomy scan the day before thanksgiving. Can’t wait to see her!

How are you feeling? Weirdly nauseous today, but overall I’ve been feeling good. The kicks are still pretty sporadic and I can feel my heart beat strongly in my stomach, so I think I have an anterior placenta this time. 

Rants/raves: I’m super psyched for all of the Thanksgiving food coming up! 

Questions: natm 
  • @minnie_yoga_mama I think with anything birth related (or maybe anything in general lol) it really depends on your own personal temperament. I think it's important to really BELIEVE what you're doing, and for some people listening to a podcast is enough, for some people a book is enough, some people really NEED a class surrounded by people who reinforce that belief structure. For me a book if often enough, for DH he does a lot better at believing things if there's more interaction of a class of some kind. So really just know yourself.

I will say, though, that pain management is really just one aspect of birth prep. I'd recommend maybe some info from a pelvic floor/obstetric PT that explains different scenarios, what those would feel like, and how to help with them. For instance, knees in fee out to open the bottom of your pelvis, but the opposite to open the top (and how to know when and why to do either). There are some good options for free info on instagram - mamastefit, women in motion, the push project, and tons of others I'm forgetting. For me all of that ended up being irrelevant because I progressed REALLY fast and pain definitely was my biggest factor, but for a lot of women early labor really ISN'T that painful and what they end up needing help with most is positions and movements to help labor progress. I think it's wise to get both sets of knowledge if possible. 
  • @doxiemoxie212 Thank you, that’s all very helpful! I was thinking of reaching out to our new pelvic floor PT (I’ve never met her and she works in a different clinic location) to see if she’d be willing to meet and teach me some things but I’m wondering if I should get a script and use some of my free PT visits I get as an employee now before switching to hubby’s insurance in Jan (to make it official visits). I’m following mamastefit but I’ll def add the others, I love reading and learning as much as a can, bonus if it’s free! 😂
  • Omg I have experience!!! I had to have an emergency root canal last pregnancy at around 20 weeks. Did fine with the local it was sore for like 2 days. They gave my Tylenol 3 that I could take if I needed to but I went to regular Tylenol after that and was fine. Thank goodness I did the pain before was horrible.
  • @doula-mama I’ve had a root canal in the past and it was actually pretty painless. The local anesthesia they give you to numb your mouth is safe during pregnancy, just make sure to check with your OB about taking anything stronger than Tylenol to help with recovery if needed. 

Estimated due date/ weeks + days: 4/28, 16+4

FTM/STM/TTM+: STM, DD6

Team blue/pink/green: Green

Upcoming appointments: Anatomy scan and cervical check Wednesday, regular OB appointment Thursday 

How are you feeling? Pretty good— I started taking the progesterone suppositories last week and have been watching out for dizziness or anything but so far, so good. If anything I’d say baby has been way more active since we started but that probably has more to do with their size and not at all to do with the progesterone. 

Rants/raves: We are prepping to move on Saturday and I’ve spent every day painting the damn house instead of going out and enjoying the island like I want to. I’m kind of pissed about it but it can’t be helped. 

Questions:
  • Estimated due date/ weeks + days: 4/18 - 18 weeks

FTM/STM/TTM+: STM

Team blue/pink/green:  Blue

Upcoming appointments: next Monday is my anatomy scan with the high risk OB and then I have to have a follow up with the regular OB.

How are you feeling? Pretty good compared to how I was. Still nauseous more than I'd like to be but it's easier to deal with. Also wish I actually wanted to eat anything when I'm hungry.

Rants/raves: Freezer went out last week so tossed a couple hundred dollars of food and had to clean it out. Never disliked the lower drawer as the freezer until I spent time bent over it 😐

Questions: Has anyone had to do an early diabetes test due to their BMI going into getting pregnant? My doctor said they like to before 20 weeks with certain BMIs but since my nausea is still not great, I've been avoiding it. Should I just suck it up or say no thanks I won't do the test?
  • @robbenson my OB did a blood draw to check my A1C around 12 weeks to see where I was at. I am bigger and previously had gestational diabetes with my first pregnancy. 
  • Estimated due date/ weeks + days: April 11 / 19 + 1 

FTM/STM/TTM+: FTM

Team blue/pink/green: 💙

Upcoming appointments: Anatomy scan Friday!

How are you feeling? Starting to get hip pain while sleeping - hubby built me a better pillow nest to sleep in which seemed to help a bit.

Rants/raves: Discovered Peloton’s small library of prenatal yoga classes last night!  #pelopreggos

• @doula-mama, I didn’t have a root canal, but I had a cavity full redone and they refused to do until I was in the second trimester. I went back at 13 weeks and they switched the local anesthetic to one that was safe for pregnancy (probably what was mentioned above). I didn’t have to take pain meds after. 

Estimated due date/ weeks + days: April 17, 18w2d

FTM/STM/TTM+: TTM (DD4, DD1)

Team blue/pink/green: blue!

Upcoming appointments: Like many others, we are coming around to our anatomy scans!!!! Mine is Dec 1st. I am excited now but I am sure I will get anxious the day before and the day of…

How are you feeling? Not bad. I get random pubic bone pain/pressure when the baby is a certain position, it was pretty bad yesterday so I laid down to rest. I feel better this AM. No aversions, nausea or hunger pains anymore!

Rants/raves: I got this maternity jeans/pants from levis and they suck! The front band is like a mix of a half belly band and side band and it it is wayyyy too tight. I set it aside to return it via UPS drop off and I forgot!!!! Argh so mad, now it’s too late. I tried wearing it yesterday and it just fit me awfully. Back to leggins…

Questions: natm
    ******TW******Siggy warning
    BFP1 04/24/2015 EDD Dec 2015 MMC 10W5d;
    BFP 2 09/25/2015 EDD June 2016 MMC 9wks; 
    BFP 3 03/22/2016 EDD Dec 6th 2016 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• @missa_lyssa yes, I track with clear blue and I temp as well. I typically ovulate around cd 20-22, luckily my doctor listened to me and was willing to work off of that date. Mine is a week and a half difference though, if it were only a few days I probably wouldn’t have pushed as much. 
  • edited November 2021
    @missa_lyssa I used the Lily app to record my cervical mucus and basal body temp every morning. When doctors calculate your due date from your last menstrual period, they automatically assume you ovulated on the “average” day of ovulation in a woman’s cycle, on day 14. However, everyone’s “normal” day that they ovulate is different, and it’s common to see women ovulating anywhere from day 10-20 of their cycle. For me personally, I know from recording my symptoms that I typically ovulate later, and for this specific cycle, my thermal shift began on my day 19, meaning I almost absolutely ovulated the day prior on my day 18. This actually means my more realistic due date is April 13 instead of April 9. Officially the doctors use the April 9 due date, but I know in my head it’s actually slightly later than that.

***Edited because autocorrect changed basal to “basil” body temp 🤦🏽‍♀️ LOL
  • My cycles are 45-60 days long (PCOS). Luckily when I went in for my first ultrasound they listened to me and went off conception date (which I was very certain of) and my measurements were within 1 day of that. I was so nervous that it would be way off! @missa_lyssa I think as long as you are reasonably close to your due date it’s not a big deal. Delivering at 39 weeks vs 40 isn’t going to be an issue.  I think 2-3 weeks being off could create some problems. 
  • @missa_lyssa with a few days different it really doesn't matter. So few deliver on their due date and there are so many factors with everyone's cycles and when the baby implanted that it isn't worth stressing about. 
  • I'm excited to see more activity on here! Yay!

Estimated due date/ weeks + days:  April 8 / 19 + 4

FTM/STM/TTM+: STM

Team blue/pink/green: Pink

Upcoming appointments:  Anatomy scan day before Thanksgiving!

How are you feeling?  Pretty good, wishing I felt more movement, but I'm fairly certain I have an anterior placenta BOO.  But overall I can't really complain.  

Rants/raves:  I went on a shopping spree on OldNavy.com and got allll kinds of maternity clothes.  I think I've decided they're my favorite line of maternity because they fit my body well, they're not TOO expensive, and they have lots of basics.  I just wish they had them in store!  Thankfully they take returns in store (which I only had 1of) but still wish I could shop in person.  I honestly couldn't believe the maternity jeans actually fit!  I ordered them expecting them to just be the trial size and I'd have to adjust accordingly, but nope!  

Questions: none
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • @missa_lyssa yes, my EDD is based off of conception. It’s 3 days earlier than my LMP so not a huge deal, and not surprising since I have shorter cycles.
  • @missa_lyssa due dates are bullshit, friend lol 

https://evidencebasedbirth.com/evidence-on-due-dates/

(just some fun history and background on how estimated due dates were established, which is to say it is a complete and total crapshoot. I think like 2-3% of women give birth on their EDDs?)
  • I originally went off my cycle length because of my shorter cycles, but just went with what the doctor did (LMP).  If I go off the cycle length my due date is like 2-3 days earlier.  🤷‍♀️
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Estimated due date/ weeks + days: 4/16, 18+3

FTM/STM/TTM+: 4TM 

Team blue/pink/green: 💚

Upcoming appointments: week after Thanksgiving 

How are you feeling? Better this week than last!

Rants/raves: We are having an insane amount of flooding in our area. We’re safe, our house is totally fine, but it’s very serious for a lot of people in our community and I’ve been super distracted over it the last couple days. Not that that really helps anyone. 

Questions:
  • @jessabelle05 I see an MFM for previous preterm delivery to have my cervix checked every other week. My first appointment with her was just a meeting to discuss my treatment plan and options in case things start evolving in a less-than-ideal way. Make sure to bring a list of questions you may have, because once you sit down and start talking it’s easy to forget. My MFM is very thorough and prints out a ton of handouts for me to take home. I just had my anatomy scan yesterday even though I’m only 16 weeks, because they are more specialized and can recognize abnormalities sooner. I would have had to wait until after 20 weeks with my regular OB, so that was fun—the sonographer spent a lot of time going over everything carefully and explaining it all to us. It took almost an hour and they switched between 2D and 4D ultrasounds for us to see. For me, I see both a regular OB and an MFM, so it’s a lot of appointments, but it’s also a lot more opportunities to see baby and talk about my and their care than I had with DD6, so it’s been a mixed blessing.
  • @aloha_mama thank you for that insight! I'm hoping everything goes well and this is my only appointment I need to have...but I suppose if I do have to regularly see an MFM it'll have some perks! :)
  • Estimated due date/ weeks + days: April 10, 19+6, halfway tomorrow!

FTM/STM/TTM+: FTM

Team blue/pink/green: Pink!

Upcoming appointments: Wednesday for the anatomy scan

How are you feeling? I'm feeling pretty good, my nausea has been gone. I have a lot of stomach pain and cramping on and off so I'm looking forward to the anatomy scan and checking cervical length. I'm starting to feel more consistent movement and it is very exciting. I'm starting to be able to feel it on the outside too if the baby is in the right position.

Rants/raves: There are so many people with COVID here. We have a lot of friends getting breakthrough cases despite being fully vaccinated and saying they're having some pretty rough symptoms. Pretty much nobody at my work believes in vaccinations and about half the population here is on quarantine for COVID exposure and there are a ton of cases. I'm glad I got my booster but I don't want it. I want to look for a new job, but I would feel bad taking a job, getting trained and then pretty much immediately going on maternity leave. I'm having a hard time trying to decide when to look for a new job and what to look for. 

Questions:
  • @dinomeetsjedi is there a way to move into more of an office type role with your same employer? Something that would be less exposure or even WFH? Sounds like a tough position but don’t ever feel bad for putting your health and the health of your baby first!
  • @dinomeetsjedi I would say at least look for a different job. You shouldn't feel bad about going on leave if they know about it when they hire you.  Can't hurt to look and find out.
  • @dinomeetsjedi I have interviewed for and gotten jobs while heavily pregnant-twice actually! They new about my leave and took me anyway. I think if people find the right person for a job they are willing to go without during a leave to know the job will be filled well when you return.
  • @robbenson @SmashJam Okay, you're right. I should do that and just tell them about my pregnancy and if they want me, they will and if they don't they don't. Thanks for telling me what I need to hear. 

@Blondesweety444 There are desk jobs, but I would still be around officers who are probably not vaccinated. I wish working from home was an option. That's the kind of job, or even partial WFH, that I want to look for.
  • I'll keep my eyes open for you @dinomeetsjedi if I see anything pop up around here! I have a cousin who works in the jail system and he's 100% WFH. (They aren't living in Utah though). I'm not entirely sure what he does but I think its a bit more transactional type work.
  • @Blondesweety444 Yes! thank you. It helps you live somewhere near me. And that's interesting about your cousin. I can't imagine what jobs would WFH in the jail system other than maybe a therapist or something.
  • I'll be seeing them this weekend for Thanksgiving. I'll ask. He majored in education in college but I don't think he's doing anything like that. His wife is a therapist but I know he doesn't work in that field.