June 2022 Moms

Weekend Check In! 11/13 - 11/14

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 

FTM/STM/TTM+:

Upcoming Appointments or Results:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: 

GTKY - What’s your favorite fall/winter soup?

Re: Weekend Check In! 11/13 - 11/14

• Hoping weekend check ins works for everyone? Unless y’all would like more frequent check ins!

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: June 25, 7w6d

FTM/STM/TTM+: FTM

Upcoming Appointments or Results: A few weeks away

How are you feeling?: Been getting rough. I stayed home from work on Thursday because I couldn’t get out of bed. 

Rants/Raves: My cat got into a fight with something and his face blew up like a balloon! Pic in spoiler. The vet was booked up through Monday but thankfully the swelling has gone down. In other news, we’re having friends over Saturday as a belated birthday celebration for me. I’m hoping I feel up to all of it >.<

Questions: Nope

GTKY - What’s your favorite fall/winter soup? I suck at coming up with questions and I could only think of food even though I don’t actually make soup very often lol. But I’m going to claim chili counts and go with that!
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: June 19 8 weeks 5 days. 

FTM/STM/TTM+: STM

Upcoming Appointments or Results: December 7th for genetic testing 

How are you feeling?: oh the usual, like crap. 

Rants/Raves: still not being able to agree on a name for this baby girl is going to drive me crazy! 

GTKY - What’s your favorite fall/winter soup? Tomato soup
  • Loading the player...
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 8w3d

Upcoming Appointments or Results: Dec 7 for my 12 week and genetic testing on the same day, very far away 😊

How are you feeling?: Just tired. I'm lucky the nausea is very infrequent now, though not sure why. Just hope the baby stays healthy!

Rants/Raves: I told work today. 😳 I'm hoping I didn't tell too early.

GTKY - What’s your favorite fall/winter soup? Trader Joe's roasted red pepper and tomato soup. 💖❤️💖❤️
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 6/17, 9w

FTM/STM/TTM+: 4th 

Upcoming Appointments or Results: Monday have house keeping appointment where they ask a million questions, do a pap, and get my NIPT scheduled. 

How are you feeling?:  yuck. I have a nasty cold on top of all the pregnancy symptoms.  I’m up right now at 2:30 with a raging headache and can’t fall back asleep. 

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: 

@huckleberrypie Yes!! We usually go with the creamy tomato to keep the kids happy but the red pepper and tomato is amazing!  I also love the butternut squash.  
    I’m also a big fan of beef stew but haven’t made it in a billion years since DH doesn’t like it. 

@pinkkillersheep glad your cat is feeling better!

@marionberry19 we just started to look at names and I’m already over it.  It’s so much pressure.
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: June 3rd, 11w+1

Upcoming Appointments or Results: Next week is the NT scan

How are you feeling?: Rotten! Just like @KFrob I've got a nasty cold on top of the usual nausea. Although, I THINK the nausea is starting to let up.. will know for sure when this cold runs it's course.

Rants/Raves: Just so sick of feeling sick. I can't wait to feel better. Every now and then I think the worst is behind me, then I have a new worst day (usually in terms of vomiting).

Questions: A friend kindly gave me Elevit probiotics - I didn't realize I should be taking probiotics? Is anyone else? Not too interested in taking another pill with my massive prenatal every day..

GTKY - What’s your favorite fall/winter soup? Right now nothing sounds good :( Does my plain oatmeal count? I used to love butternut squash and chili!
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: Estimating June 28th

FTM/STM/TTM+: TTM

Upcoming Appointments or Results: Appointment this coming Wednesday, hoping to see a little heartbeat this week.

How are you feeling?: Mostly nauseas but it seems to be improving.

Rants/Raves: Ready for the nausea to pass. 

Questions: 6 years since I have had a baby, bombard me with all of the new baby must haves!

GTKY - What’s your favorite fall/winter soup? Chicken tortilla soup!
  • @pinkkillersheep Poor cat! I wonder what it was. I'm glad the swelling went down.

@huckleberrypie I like grilled cheese sandwiches with tomato soup.

@marionberry19 I haven't even thought of any names yet. For my last pregnancy, we each kept a list of names we liked, then towards the end of third trimester, we looked and chose the name that appeared on both lists.

@ermsmcg Oatmeal sounds good.

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: June 9th

Upcoming Appointments or Results: This coming week

How are you feeling?: Just get tired easy

Rants/Raves: Flying home tomorrow and I don't care to fly.

Questions: 

GTKY - What’s your favorite fall/winter soup? Had the minestrone soup from Olive Garden today. Tasted so good.

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: June 8th, 10+4

Upcoming Appointments or Results: we had NIPT last week, so anxiously awaiting the results for that. Next appointment is December 1st. 

How are you feeling?: better, but still not great. Didn’t sleep at all last night and still getting nauseous around 2-3pm and then again around 7. Far less days that I’m nauseous all day long now, though. 

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: 

butternut squash and apple. 
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 9w3d

FTM/STM/TTM+: Third

Upcoming Appointments or Results: a ultrasound around 12 weeks

How are you feeling?: Im in a lot of nausea meds but I’m feeling okayish. Extremely tired lol

Rants/Raves: looking forward to going to mass today I’ve been too sick with morning sickness the last few weeks. Also I think we’re going to move the boys into they’re matching twin beds today. Currently they’re in a crib and toddler bed.  I really want to find out what this next little one is. If it’s a girl I’m excited to decorate a new princess nursery but if it’s a boy I think I’ll just leave the dinosaur one and touch it up. My husband wants a little girl so bad he is bring stubborn about talking boy names which is frustrating. He’s guessed right for both of the other kids so he thinks he’s like psychic now 🤣 I think it’d be fun to have a girl after two boys but ultimately we don’t get to pick haha I just don’t see the point of having a preference. 

i make a lot of gumbo this time of year 

be back for tags later! 
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:  June 15, 9w4d

Upcoming Appointments or Results: November 23 for genetic testing

How are you feeling?: MS is finally starting to decrease and I've been able to eat more diverse things. By 6:00 pm I'm done eating for the day (and can feel the nausea creep up a bit) but at least until then I've been able to enjoy eating! I've started slowing bringing a little bit of coffee back... had like 1/8 of a cup yesterday :)

Rants/Raves: First ultrasound last week was *incredible*

Questions: 

GTKY - What’s your favorite fall/winter soup? Creamy tomato with a nice grilled cheese sandwich
  • @pinkkillersheep Im cool with Howe Er frequenter we want to do check ins but I do think we should figure out if we want to get more organized with our threads/topics. I’m having a hard time keeping track of whats going on. 

@KFrob Im sorry about your cold i know how much that sucks! 

@romeoandjuliet146 as a family were kind obsessed with the OG lol my kids eat so well there and the zuppa soup is my favorite. 

@marionberry19 the ñame conversation is always so painful for us lol we just don’t like the same names! 

Come back for more tags later 
  • @marionberry19 Sorry to hear you’re still having a rough go of it. We’ve barely started the name discussion; we’ll probably be at the hospital with no name decision lol!
    @huckleberrypie I hope your work was understanding. I told mine really early because I have a job change coming up and wanted to be up front about it. There are three other women in my general workgroup who either had a baby or will in the next few months so I felt pretty safe sharing it.
    @kfrob Oh gosh, cold plus pregnancy symptoms sounds like a nightmare. Hopefully you’re feeling a bit better and got some sleep this weekend!
    @ermsmcg I’m not taking a probiotic and hadn’t seen that suggested yet. Sorry to hear you’re also struggling with a cold but hopefully relief is just around the corner for you!
    @shaunah21 FTM over here so I will also need suggestions! 
    @romeoandjuliet146 He’s fiercely defensive of his turf so best guess is a neighborhood cat tried to challenge him. Thankfully the swelling is almost completely gone.
    @furmama2babymama Hopefully your good days will continue getting better! Sorry you aren’t getting much sleep.
    @daisy0322 Glad to hear you’re well enough to get out of the house! 
  • @daisy0322 Spent too long writing tags and missed your post. I’d like to see us more organized though I have no idea how to get a consensus on that. I really liked the organization of TTGP and thought it helped me get to know people in a way one off posts don’t. I do think we get pretty decent engagement on daily/weekly posts when they are up.
  • @pinkkillersheep yeah the TTGP board worked well for me too I was on this time from May - July this year I was ironically taking a few months off lol I’m not sure how every one feels about the one off posts i originally tried to redirect people but I stopped because they seemed welcomed 
  • @daisy0322 my last BMB was run with daily posts, and no one off posts. This one is quite depressing with the lack of structure. I feel we should do the signups for daily posts. 
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: June 1st/ 11 weeks 4 days

FTM/STM/TTM+: TTM

Upcoming Appointments or Results: Next appointment is after Thanksgiving.

How are you feeling?: I feel like the nauseousness has gotten much better but right when that started to fade I started getting constant migraines. Last weekend I had one for 3 days straight. OB prescribed some prescription migraine stuff if I get another bad one but really hoping I don’t!

Rants/Raves: Finally telling my other two daughters about the baby this week! I’ll be 12 weeks on Tuesday and the shirts I ordered should be here Wednesday or Thursday. I can’t wait! Lol Keeping it a secret from the 10-year-old has been the hardest this time! Mostly since I felt so awful for like 5 weeks straight. I think they’ll both be excited, though! Especially now that we know it’s another girl! 

Questions: 

I’m going to vote chili, too! I also was randomly craving a broccoli cheddar bowl from Panera the other day and that was delish but don’t know if it counts as a fall soup! Lol 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @pinkkillersheep @daisy0322 @marionberry19 I agree with the one off posts. I have lurked on the TTGP and always appreciated how structured that board is.
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: June 1st/ 11 weeks 6 days

Upcoming Appointments or Results: Nothing until the 29th

How are you feeling?: I'm finally feeling a little better and then I get a cold from my daughter so thats no fun

Rants/Raves: I finally was able to hear the heartbeat with my at home doppler

Questions: none

GTKY - What’s your favorite fall/winter soup? Squash soup. so Yummy. I love all soup.

I agree with everyone we need a little more organization here. I think we should just start the sign up sheet it seems most people agree it is for the best. Its been hard for me to keep track of this board versus my first bmb.
  • It’s been hard for me to differentiate between if this group is just lacking structure or if my prior BMB was insane. Because in my last one they actually a few months in decided to create a private invite only group on here. It was ran like a well oiled machine but very cliquey 
  • @marionberry19 I have 2.5 kids and homeschool I don’t have time for cliquey 🤣 but my last two BMB boards were very organized one was very cliquey the other not at all! Organization just helps me actually post because I get lost with all the one off posts 
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: June 13th, 10weeks

Upcoming Appointments or Results: genetic testing this week and hopefully an ultrasound as well!

How are you feeling?:  I feel very nauseous in the morning but almost never throw up, and then I get horrible acid reflux in the afternoon / evening.  Tired.  But okay.

Rants/Raves: I was a little overweight before this.  So now I can't tell if I have a little pregnancy belly or if I'm just putting on more weight.  It makes me a little ashamed of my belly instead of wanting to show it off so I'm just wearing the baggiest sweats lol.

Questions: I have a theory now that my nausea is just hunger in disguise.  Even though I don't want to eat when I feel so sick, if I do... then the nausea subsides. Anyone else have this experience?

GTKY - What’s your favorite fall/winter soup?  I love anything in a bread bowl :)

@pinkkillersheep you said you couldn't get out of bed on Thursday so you took the day off - I think it's great you are taking care of yourself and doing what your body tells you!

@huckleberrypie I told the person I work with today as well because I feel like I'm really not at my best lately, especially in the mornings and I wanted to explain, but I also hope it wasn't too early!

@furmama2babymama I can't imagine the suspense waiting on the NIPT results.  Are you finding out the gender? I have my tests this week so I'll be on pins and needles soon.  I heard it can be like 7-14 days, curious how long most people had to wait?

@mamajibbs Grilled cheese!  genius!  I want one now!

• @ournextadventure what brand of doppler do you have?