January 2022 Moms

COVID Booster Shot

I'm getting my moderna booster later this week and was wondering if anyone else has gotten the booster? What was the experience like? Symptoms? 

Re: COVID Booster Shot

• I got my second shot of Moderna in 2nd tri so I won’t need the booster. After my 2nd shot I had a sore arm for 3 days (I would recommend getting the shot in the arm of the opposite side you sleep on) and had one day that I had a low grade fever (between 99-101 without taking Tylenol) and minor aches. I pretty much just stayed in bed that day but it wasn’t too bad, definitely not worse than my terrible nausea mixed with exhaustion days. The booster should be a half dose so I would imagine the side effects would be even less.
  • I got the Pfizer booster last month. I had a very sore arm for a few days, and felt really run down the day I got it, but that was it. Didn’t feel as bad as when I got the 2nd shot, but my arm definitely hurt much more. I was fully vaccinated months before getting pregnant, so hopefully getting the booster will give the baby some immunity. Totally worth it! As for the experience getting the shot-I live in Texas, where lucky for me, but unfortunately the supply seems to outweigh the demand, so it was super easy. I just walked into my pharmacy, answered a questionnaire, got the shot, and was back home within half an hour. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I’m getting the Pfizer booster in a couple of weeks - wanted to space it out with the TDAP. My husband got the booster and felt fine other than a sore arm for a day.
  • I got my first two shots back in march/April. So basically RIGHT before I got pregnant. So I definitely want to get the booster! I had a pretty intense reaction to both shots - including chills and a fever. I am really hoping the booster isn't as bad 🤞

@shinyobjects I'm in an area with decent vaccine rates but the booster doesn't seem to be in as high of a demand as the first two shots were. Making an appointment was simple enough. Hopefully all will go smoothly on Friday!
  • Getting my booster next week. Scheduled it the same time as my 6 year old’s first dose! I’m a little worried about the side effects since the second dose was a doozy for me (Moderna in Feb, before pregnancy). Hoping to get Pfizer this time. I’ll report back. 
  • firewife_911firewife_911 member
    edited November 2021
    I got my vaccine(s) in february before I found out I was pregnant, & I personally will not be getting a booster. 
  • I'm excited to get the booster, but am trying to have space between it and my flu shot. I'm hoping my OB has flu shots available when I go in Mon. I'm being lazy about having to make an appointment elsewhere. 
    DS: 3-6-15 💙
    Baby Girl Due: 1-1-22
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @magalina_h I got my flu shot at my OB's office a few weeks ago! And I get the tdap next week. They said that I didn't have to wait any specific out of time between the tdap and booster. 
  • magalina_hmagalina_h member
    edited November 2021
    @lilyfox, I got my TDAP when I did my glucose almost a month ago. Not worried about that. My OB did recommend putting some space between the flu shot (which they were out of when I got TDaP) and the booster. Though they also told me the CDC says it's fine to get both at the same time. So 🤷🏻‍♀️ 

I'm really trying to avoid having to take any sick days. #subplanssuck and I have a student teacher. 
  • Got the booster yesterday afternoon and took a nap later that day. Felt fatigued, had a stuffy nose and headache. I took some Tylenol early on as a preventative measure. I did not get a fever. When I woke up this morning, my arm felt pretty sore. Hopefully the side effects continue to be this minimal! 

The little one seems just as active as usual.💛
  • I got my first two doses in December and January (healthcare worker perks) and will be getting my booster in the next few weeks, but my OB's office is also seeing if I qualify for an RSV study so I have to wait to see if I qualify for that as I can't have a shot within 2 weeks if I want to participate in the RSV study.
  • My second dose was back in April so my OB confirmed I should get a booster.  But I’m not sure if I technically qualify yet in California- unless maybe pregnancy is a qualifying medical condition?  Either way I am getting the TDAP today so the Dr said to wait two weeks between.   Did anyone mix and match their boosters?  I got Pfizer originally and am planning to get Pfizer booster but just curious if anyone switched it up?
  • @karenmarie9 I believe pregnancy is a qualifying medical condition since we are at higher risk than the average person. I also work in Healthcare though, so I qualify because of that as well. 
  • My second dose was back in April so my OB confirmed I should get a booster.  But I’m not sure if I technically qualify yet in California- unless maybe pregnancy is a qualifying medical condition?  Either way I am getting the TDAP today so the Dr said to wait two weeks between.   Did anyone mix and match their boosters?  I got Pfizer originally and am planning to get Pfizer booster but just curious if anyone switched it up?
    I believe pregnancy is a qualifying condition. I think I’m getting Pfizer for booster, had Moderna for my first two doses. My booster is Friday so I’ll report back! 
  • I got my Pfizer booster last night. Was hoping I wouldn’t get any side effects with Pfizer, but I’m feeling a bit run down and achey. Definitely not as bad as my second dose with Moderna, but I have things I wanted to do today and I’m just not feeling it. 
  • I got the Moderna booster last night. I’ve been achy and tired all day. Tylenol is helping though. This has been the worst one for me. I’d say get it when you know you don’t have work or anything going on the next day, if you’re worried about side effects. We had family pictures this morning and it was a struggle. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • fifilala516fifilala516 member
    edited November 2021
    I got the Pfizer booster this morning and started really feeling it about 13 hours later. I’m currently in bed aching from head to toe and shivering something fierce. No fever though. 

I would say it’s tougher than the 2nd dose for me. 
  • I also got the Pfizer booster this afternoon. I was fatigued by the evening, even after sleeping in. My biggest complaint is a very sore arm. It feels like someone punched me as hard as they could. 
  • I got the Pfizer booster this morning and started really feeling it about 13 hours later. I’m currently in bed aching from head to toe and shivering something fierce. No fever though. 

I would say it’s tougher than the 2nd dose for me. 
    I ended up running a little low-grade fever, which I am managing with Tylenol.