July 2022 Moms

The Great Big Question Thread

Re: The Great Big Question Thread

• Not gonna lie, I want to be team green this time to aggravate my husband. With the last two he went around proclaiming that there was no way I could handle the suspense so we’d be finding out (without even asking me). He’s WRONG! Lol

Haven’t told him I want to do team green yet, but the day is coming… 😇😆
  • binxybabybinxybaby member
    edited November 2021
    @tuxielove93 Really? That is HILARIOUS. 
    Pregnancy TickerSaveSave
  • Loading the player...
  • @tuxielove93 - 😂😂😂 same as my son! At the 12 week ultrasound my doctor was like "don't even ask the sex because we can't see it this early.....WHOAAAA nevermind, do you want to know? I can definitely see it."
  • @binxybaby really really lol. I imagine a girl would be extremely hard to tell but at least for my boys, you can’t miss it 🤣🤣 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • AnonnAniAnonnAni member
    edited November 2021
    I Never tell my husband I'm pregnant till around 8 weeks once I have had an ultrasound and I know what I am telling him.

We never tell anyone I am pregnant after that until I am beyond 26 weeks.  And we never tell the if its a Boy or Girl till I am almost due. 
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Baby #1 7/16/10
    Baby #2 11/14/12 
    Baby #3 12/11/14
    Baby #4  3/30/17
    Baby #5 2/28/19 
    Baby #6 Miscarriage
    Baby #7 7/3/22
    Naturally with PCOS

• @AnonnAni wait so you don't even tell your family until you're 26 weeks? I assume you don't live near them?

Idk how anyone could wait that many weeks to tell their own husbands. If I waited to hit week 8, DH would have been incredibly panicky when I miscarried 2 days later at home while he was there from my first pregnancy.
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 I can't imagine waiting that long either...I need his support and want him to experience it all too.
  • @L1C4gal Same. Plus, if my husband waited a month to tell me news of equivalent life- changing importance, I would be piiiiiiiiiiissed.  It's his kid too, he deserves to know. 

• AnonnAniAnonnAni member
    edited November 2021
    @inthewoods23 Nope he hasn't minded a bit each time.
    He is a worrier so for him the extreme stress of is there a heart beat or not - isn't a health concern he need take on if I can save him two months of high blood pressure then so be it because in the end he is gonna have enough to deal with adding to our brood. 

And I do live near my family - not everyone carries the same and for me I carried well enough that you can ell I picked up some weight but its not a out right amount so we have been able to not tell our family or my employer until the baby is "viable" since my pregnancies all are high risk. Because at that point I always go on bed rest. 
    Baby #1 7/16/10
    Baby #2 11/14/12 
    Baby #3 12/11/14
    Baby #4  3/30/17
    Baby #5 2/28/19 
    Baby #6 Miscarriage
    Baby #7 7/3/22
    Naturally with PCOS

• @AnonnAni ah, well if your H is on board with that then do what works for you guys!
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • So do i stay up until 2am to see my repeat HCG labs or get sleep?  :p 
    (not a real question... ) all this first trimester waiting is HARD
  • @runnergirl2018 so funny, I feel the same way  :D I am waiting on my first labs. I can’t focus on anything I am nervous!
  • binxybabybinxybaby member
    edited November 2021
    @AnonnAni Wow! I am horrible with secrets and I get way too excited to not tell everyone. Part of me wishes I could wait, but I think I want everyone to understand why I'm so tired, cranky, and complain-y lol, but I totally get where you're coming from and if it works for you, that's great 😃
    Pregnancy TickerSaveSave
  • TW Loss -

Welp I woke up this morning and didn't get the results I expected. My results only list my blood type.

Annoyed because the nurse had offered labs for "peace of mind" as I am not able to get in for an ultrasound until week 9 even though my first pregnancy ended in a loss around then.

I don't believe I was mistaken in what they were ordering, there was just a mix up somewhere along the way. I'll have to call back again and see if I can redo. Luckily I'm off tomorrow and Friday so it should be easy for me to go in. There wasn't anyone in the office yesterday so I don't think I'll have trouble fitting into the schedule.
  • @binxybaby keeping the secret is hard BUT we struggled with infertility for 6 years prior to our first child and the pity we got from people around us though it was with the best intentions was almost worst then not being able to conceive and since I'm high risk the baby at the end is never a promise so for us a lot of the not sharing is also not having the share bad news if it comes to that and then having everyone else's feeling weight us further down so we wait it out.
    Baby #1 7/16/10
    Baby #2 11/14/12 
    Baby #3 12/11/14
    Baby #4  3/30/17
    Baby #5 2/28/19 
    Baby #6 Miscarriage
    Baby #7 7/3/22
    Naturally with PCOS

• @quelinda99 hope they get it resolved for you!  AFter all my waiting last night, i woke up to my labs today and the lab did the wrong test.  they did a qualitative instead of quantitative HCG so all the results said was that i was pregnant.  My doc office called them and they're redoing it, hope to have the results before bed tonight! Hope yours was just a lab mix up too!
  • @quelinda99 @runnergirl2018 what is up with these labs?! I hope you both get your "real" answers soon!
  • @runnergirl2018 I called and they said they did order the labs, and I should wait another day for the HCG results. I'm skeptical because it seems weird they would give me half my results (my blood type) and not the other, plus the last time I did the HCG test I got the results the next morning... but the universe is basically shouting in my face to let go and take a chill pill, so I'm trying to keep myself distracted and be patient. Good luck, again, today! 
  • @L1C4gal Seriously  :D is someone or something in retrograde?!
  • @L1C4gal right?! thank you
    @quelinda99 hope they are right! I have always had hcg results by the next morning too, so hopefully the lab is just slow and the office is right! fingers crossed for you! i ended up going for a run this morning to get my mind off things and now am doing online xmas shopping when i should be doing my administrative stuff for work  :D
  • @quelinda99 I got my results finally this morning and everything is on track! 
  • @runnergirl2018 that’s great! I got mine! They are good. Well within the range although selfishly I wish they were at the top :) but I am waiting for them to call to see if I should go in and see how they are doubling. Are you doing another test 
  • @quelinda99 that's great! i did 2 HCG tests already - the 2nd one was the one with the error.  Mine ended up being 4 days apart due to the weekend but they show that they are doubling every 48hrs! i'm waiting for my doc office to call me today to schedule an appt. I'm doubtful they'll do any more testing unless there's concern about what shows up on the US
  • I’m debating on a private ultrasound so I could tell family at Christmas. I don’t tell anyone but my closest friend and of course husband until I hear the heartbeat. Been there done that and untelling everyone was the worst. I have an appointment on 12/22 but I’m thinking they won’t hear a heartbeat on Doppler at that point 11 1/2 weeks, especially through all of my existing postpartum squishy lower belly fat. 😬 

• jpsmom2020jpsmom2020 member
    edited November 2021
    Hi! I lost my first. Typically after a loss, they will do check progesterone and hcg numbers to make sure they're rising. An ultrasound will be scheduled around week 10 to ensure they can detect a heart beat. It's difficult before 10 weeks to find it. Congratulations!! 
  • Can’t they find a heartbeat much earlier using transnational ultrasound? I have mine scheduled for 7.5 weeks and hoped we would hear that!
  • @thegeekymom when does your OB do your first ultrasound?  Mine will even do transvaginal/internal early on if needed  ( @howardme by then they should be able to see heart beat on US and you may be able to hear it)
  • edited November 2021
    *moved to symptoms thread Bc it actually feels more appropriate there*
  • @howardme - I just had my first ultrasound (transvaginal) at 6 weeks 2 days and we could see the little heart beating and they told us how many bpm - but it's too faint to hear at this point. 
  • @feather_heather oh that’s great! Thanks for letting me know! 
  • @tuxielove93 oh that’s amazing! I am excited to hit that milestone at my ultrasound - just looking forward to it being confirmed viable and healthy. 
  • Perhaps we should have a covid thread for all things covid but... Any tips for deal with covid positive people in your house? DH got a positive result Tuesday 🤦‍♀️
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 can he go somewhere else or you go somewhere else temporarily? 
    Are you both vaccinated? Maybe reach out to your OB too? I’m going to talk to mine when I see them this week about the booster 
  • @runnergirl2018 not... really? I mean we're sleeping in different beds now and we sit on different couches away from each other in the living room. His symptoms started last weekend, went and got tested Sunday, got the results Tuesday after I had left for a business trip so since being home I've been away from him for the most part. I am vaccinated, he is not (don't even get me started on that nonsense). I went and got tested this morning so we'll see how that turns out. I need to call my OB on Monday anyway to set up a boat load of appointments per my RI's instructions so I'll talk to them about covid then too.

*TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @inthewoods23 I hope he recovers quickly and that you don’t catch it! I have a friend who wasn’t vaccinated for medical reasons and her husband got covid. He stayed in the basement and she and her daughter were in the rest of the house and miraculously didn’t get it. Hopefully that will be the case for you, especially being vaccinated. 🤞🤞
  • @inthewoods23 I don't know if this is possible but my brother in law got it and he stayed isolated in his bedroom while his wife and kids stayed downstairs and they were able to get through it without anyone else in the household getting sick! This was in 2020, before vaccines were available at all. They had a system for leaving food for him and they had separate bathrooms and everything, but I guess it worked out for them! I hope your husband recovers quickly and you do not get it at all 🤞
  • @runnergirl2018 They said they would maybe schedule an ultrasound after my 11 1/2 week appointment? It seems really weird, they weren't going to do an early ultrasound because I knew the day of my LMP, I was thinking, jeez if I knew that I would have lied and said I didn't know. 😂 I have a nurse phone appointment on December 3rd, I'm going to let her know my concerns and see if we can get an early ultrasound or see if they have a portable ultrasound in the OB office so they can for sure find a heartbeat at my 11 1/2 week appointment. That's what they did at my last OB, because they knew I was incredibly anxious they tried the Doppler, couldn't find it and then grabbed a crappy little portable ultrasound that found her heartbeat immediately, I wanted to kiss that doctor, ha! I thanked him so much. I had to switch OBs because I need a NICU on site unfortunately. 

*TW loss*
    Wish I knew how to do the spoiler thing on my phone, but my 2nd pregnancy the baby measure 8 1/2 weeks and I had a missed miscarriage at 12 1/2 weeks, literally after we told everyone we knew because it was 12 weeks and everything had been fine up to that point.  So I'm super adamant about having that confirmed heartbeat as close to 12 weeks as possible. I have a friend that this happened to recently too, it's just devastating thinking you're out of the woods and you're not. I might just pay the $70 for the private heartbeat ultrasound if the nurse isnt helpful for the peace of mind, then I'll have ultrasound pictures at Christmas too. We'll see what she says on the 3rd. I also have all of the horror stories about my labor and deliveries and both of my babies being NICU babies, so that nurse better buckle up for this appointment. 😂